Author Topic: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*  (Read 175136 times)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*
« Reply #360 on: Jan 18, 2007, 06:14 PM »
Well, I'll boycott them, I already wrote it:  They got already enough of my money.

I like DMT's suggestion, let's bomb them with some ''contact us'' e-mails but remain polite.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Edmund-Paul, The Baron of Ree

• Ennis
« Reply #361 on: Jan 19, 2007, 09:45 AM »
Well, I'll boycott them, I already wrote it:  They got already enough of my money.

I like DMT's suggestion, let's bomb them with some ''contact us'' e-mails but remain polite.

I do not think boycotting is the right word to use here. That is when a company has done something awfull. They brought us the best film ever! Universal has not done anything awfull - its what they have not done that is what we are interested it. They have not as yet given us the deleted scenes we all know exist.

I will gladly part with more money to get my hands on these scenes. If they make the righy product - I'll buy it as so will the rest of us.
Learn from Brokeback Mountain. Make the most of your life & love from now on.
Because if you can fix it - you don't have to stand it.

Offline Del Mar Twist

• You Know It Could Be Like This, Just Like This, Always.
  • Ennis
  • Ennis Del Mar & Jack Twist
« Reply #362 on: Jan 19, 2007, 11:40 AM »
I do not think boycotting is the right word to use here. That is when a company has done something awfull. They brought us the best film ever! Universal has not done anything awfull - its what they have not done that is what we are interested it. They have not as yet given us the deleted scenes we all know exist.

I will gladly part with more money to get my hands on these scenes. If they make the righy product - I'll buy it as so will the rest of us.

Everyne needs to tell them that.
Jack : Four Years. Damn!

Ennis: Yeah, Four Years.

Brokeback Mountain Where Bluebirds Sing And There's A Whiskey Spring

Offline boo_boo

• Jack + Ennis
  • Never enough lip & tongue, never enough.
« Reply #363 on: Jan 19, 2007, 11:48 AM »
I just sent an e-mail to Universal & informed them that I was dissappointed in the lack of Deleted Scenes.  I said I would gladly purchase a DVD with these included but until then I will keep my old one & won't purchase the Collectors Edition.

Not that my one voice will make a difference but I feel better letting them know the point of view of a customer.
“Ennis, on a good day it’s hard to understand ya…but when you’re talkin into my ass…I really got no idea what the f*ck you’re saying.” - Missing Motel Moments by haunted_by_bbm

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #364 on: Jan 19, 2007, 02:55 PM »
good point.

may i ask you something?

we here (austria and germany i mean) had a sort of "special edition" at christmas - interviews, ang lee, pictures, cowboy story, the making of, and several really nice postcards (of course no deleted scenes) - would that be the version you are expecting next week? what difference would it make to the european one?

tizi
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline boo_boo

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #365 on: Jan 19, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Go to the Universal Studios webpage for the special edition and you will see this:

BONUS MATERIALS:
Deleted Scenes
A Groundbreaking Success
Music from the Mountain
Reality on the Range

The "director's commentary" item was dropped from the Amazon description and it's not there at Universal, either, but Universal is now listing "deleted scenes."

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=12836

Tizi - I'm not sure what will be included anymore.  Universal's website has the items above listed as the new Bonus Features on the Collectors Edition.  It does say Deleted Scenes so I don't know what to believe.  Guess I'll have to wait & see when it comes out.
“Ennis, on a good day it’s hard to understand ya…but when you’re talkin into my ass…I really got no idea what the f*ck you’re saying.” - Missing Motel Moments by haunted_by_bbm

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #366 on: Jan 19, 2007, 03:10 PM »
no deleted scenes on the european thing.
but i have got the dvd here, nicely made, with all those quotes, including ang, and the postcards..
i just was wondering if the one in 1 (usa etc) would be different then? means we have got it before US?

Offline Del Mar Twist

• Ennis
« Reply #367 on: Jan 19, 2007, 04:25 PM »
I hope we do get the deleted scenes.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #368 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:48 PM »
no deleted scenes on the european thing.
but i have got the dvd here, nicely made, with all those quotes, including ang, and the postcards..
i just was wondering if the one in 1 (usa etc) would be different then? means we have got it before US?

I was wondering about that, too, because I know from seeing pix of what Chameau, in Canada, got when he first got the DVD, that it was a nice special edition with nice packaging and extras -- and other countries seemed to get those, also.  But all we got in US was just a plain old one-disc shrink-wrapped DVD.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #369 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:49 PM »
This is so frustrating!   :X
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #370 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:54 PM »
I was wondering about that, too, because I know from seeing pix of what Chameau, in Canada, got when he first got the DVD, that it was a nice special edition with nice packaging and extras -- and other countries seemed to get those, also.  But all we got in US was just a plain old one-disc shrink-wrapped DVD.

kathy

this is what i was wondering...
as you say, really well done, two cd's, one ennis one jack on it... a lot of "text".. postcards...
so i really thought this might be the "special" edition everyone in US was waiting for?

if so.. what can we expect? nothing more... :\'(

Offline Del Mar Twist

• Ennis
« Reply #371 on: Jan 19, 2007, 08:52 PM »
I think we're getting what other countries got, but with the edition of the two extra interview pieces. Universal's site still doesn't mention anything about Deleted Scenes.

This DVD is just a Region 1 release only.

horo04

« Reply #372 on: Jan 19, 2007, 09:29 PM »
So after viewing the new release on the 23rd should we come to this thread and complain..err I mean give our opinions on it? Or is there going to be a new "review the collectors edition" thread?

horo04

« Reply #373 on: Jan 19, 2007, 09:35 PM »

kathy
The edition that Chameau got, did he say he bought it in Canada?  I know which edition your talking about.  I've seen pics posted of it.  It's a very nice release.  It must have been released only in Quebec then cause I've never seen it anywhere else in Canada.  I wonder if they still sell it in Quebec?

Offline City Slickin' Cowboy

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
« Reply #374 on: Jan 19, 2007, 09:41 PM »
So after viewing the new release on the 23rd should we come to this thread and complain..err I mean give our opinions on it? Or is there going to be a new "review the collectors edition" thread?

That would be a good idea.
A reminder Brokies...there is no known cure for PBS.  It's merely managed.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #375 on: Jan 19, 2007, 10:12 PM »

This is the Prestige Edition from France, I ordered one on line when it was still available and got two more from my sister when I went to France.  Same DVD but there is one sample of the original movie layer (I got Ennis... on all three ones  ^-^) There is the short story (in French  :() pictures and a booklet with interviews of the cast and crew and more pictures. There are two DVDs but one is just a diaporama of... more pictures No deleted scenes at all.

We shall avoid to open a new thread I guess and post comments (and eventual complaints  ::)) here as of Thursday.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline boo_boo

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #376 on: Jan 21, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Does anyone know if this will be offered in both full screen & wide screen or only wide screen?

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #377 on: Jan 21, 2007, 02:04 PM »
Only widescreen I believe....  :s)  We'll know soon enough this Tuesday  ;D

Offline mrsean

• Cassie
« Reply #378 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:31 AM »

Well, folks this is the first review of the Collector's Edition that I have found.   

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=26091

What a letdown  ^*)

horo04

« Reply #379 on: Jan 22, 2007, 11:55 AM »
Well I was looking at this interview between Rob Freeman (owner of BBM truck) & Darryl Solly (locations manager for BBM). From what Darryl is saying I hope hes right & we have more to look forward to! O0

Rob=There is a huge demand for a director’s cut.

Darryl=This is now basic strategy for movie companies. They put out as little as they can for the first one. The first DVD is literally a teaser. Look at Star Wars. There are all of these other DVDs that they know people are going to buy later.

That is what’s happening with DVDs now. They will provide the absolute bare minimum on the release day and then Christmas or whatever, they’ll come out with a Silver Screen edition. And then two or three years later, they’ll come out with the director’s edition, and they are going to keep doing this because that is what the market demands. When I saw the extras on the Brokeback DVD, I was disappointed as well. I am quite certain there is going to be more. This is now a part of the cultural fabric; it’s not going to go away. And they know this is going to be a project that is going to go on forever.
I am quite certain that Criterion is going to get a license and you are going to see the Criterion Collection of Brokeback Mountain. I have been very tempted to phone Focus and phone Michael Hausman and offer to pay my own way to go down to do a commentary track. I will even pay for [Assistant Locations Manager] Jay St. Louis to go do a commentary track just about the locations on the show. I would love to do that

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #380 on: Jan 23, 2007, 04:28 AM »
I am quite certain that Criterion is going to get a license and you are going to see the Criterion Collection of Brokeback Mountain. I have been very tempted to phone Focus and phone Michael Hausman and offer to pay my own way to go down to do a commentary track. I will even pay for [Assistant Locations Manager] Jay St. Louis to go do a commentary track just about the locations on the show. I would love to do that

This is really interesting and I would actually really like to hear this commentary - but obviously I would much prefer to have a commentary from Ang together with Heath and/or Jake.
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #381 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:31 AM »
Ordered it... it does have deleted scenes and I cannot wait

&**)
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline Del Mar Twist

• Ennis
« Reply #382 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:17 AM »

&**)

It does?

Well I'm getting my copy of it today, I'll let everyone know what is on it for sure O0

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
« Reply #383 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:03 AM »
It does?

Well I'm getting my copy of it today, I'll let everyone know what is on it for sure O0

Please let us know right here.  Can't wait to hear from you.

Offline boo_boo

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #384 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:20 AM »
I just ordered it from Amazon.  They have it on sale right now for $16.99 .  They are also offering free overnight shipping if order placed in next 6 hours.

I really didn't want to buy this until I knew that deleted scenes were included but my old DVD is just about on it's last leg so I figured what the heck.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2007, 10:30 AM by boo_boo »

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #385 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:41 AM »

&**)

NO WAY!  OMG, I'm definitely getting it then!!   &**) :clap:
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #386 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:49 AM »

&**)

Not according to amazon.com it doesn't :s)
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline boo_boo

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #387 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:58 AM »
Some sites yes it has deleted scenes (walmart), some say no (amazon).  The review that I read on Amazon said NO deleted scenes in the collectors edition & the viewer was very unhappy about it.

I wish I would've just run to Walmart & bought it so we would know for sure. :-\\

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #388 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:58 AM »
I'll go to the local BestBuy after work and check it out.  They have it on sale too I believe at 16.99.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #389 on: Jan 23, 2007, 12:06 PM »
http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=12836&SESSID=8a81c5bc33f7fed3f7ce96c26e49efe8*
the universal pictures site

BONUS MATERIALS:
# Deleted Scenes
# A Groundbreaking Success
# Music from the Mountain
# Reality on the Range

the one I ordered from my site is the same as this one...

No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water