Author Topic: Jake and heat spoiled it?  (Read 4260 times)

Offline quentin751

• Alma Jr.
Jake and heat spoiled it?
« on: Mar 10, 2006, 02:08 PM »
I know this post is overexagerated but still...

Don't u think lovely actors Jake and Heat made a bad promotion sayong too many times that it was weird plaing gay charactersn, quite of disgusting plauing love scenes? BBM is a love story and they didnt promote it the way Dicaprio and Winslet did for instance...

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
Re: Jake and heat spoiled it?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2006, 02:33 PM »
They didn't say it was "disgusting".  I think it's ok for them to admit it was awkward, I mean as Heath said it's ALWAYS awkward to play love scenes whether it's a guy or a girl.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline Hurleycook

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2006, 07:07 PM »
I wouldn't try to put any blame on Jake or Heath, it just don't smell right!!

This was nothing less than a blatant and overly enthusiastic effort by Hollywood insiders, inside L.A., to flout the rules regarding "campaigning" for nominated films - they broke allllll the rules because they saw themselves as a "David" up against a "Goliath," which they were.  They really didn't care to observe any of the admonitions written into the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences' Rules for Campaigning for Nominated Films.  Upon further investigation and closer scrutiny regarding the acitivites of those who campaigned for "Crash," it is my belief that the choice of "Crash" as Best Picture should be disqualified.  I seriously hope 60 minutes, 20/20, Frontline, someone does an investigative report on this.  Has a choice for oscar ever been disqualified due to the excessive and extralegal campaigning of its promoters??  Hey, there's got to be a first time for everything!! 

Offline jakeofrome

• Randall Malone
  • Lureen
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2006, 07:35 PM »
I think it was just fine the way they did it.
"I loved it. Shocking. Surprising. The guy who financed my movie did that too. He's a very mild mannered chap from Minnesota and we'd just screened the latest cut of my film and he asked if I wanted to see it. I was thinking, 'OK, this really square, straight guy,' and he showed me this movie. It's amazing.

"They're really good those boys and they did a great job. It's very brave of them."

Offline proulxfan

• Alma
  • " You know I ain't queer!"
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2006, 07:35 PM »
Heath is visibly nervous when being interviewed, but I think he was a trouper in promoting the film, and the press was just putting them both under a microscope waiting to pounce on any remark that might betray them as gay themselves or homophobic. I think they held up well for guys in their twenties, and Jake was positively ebullient-at times-and graceful under such intense pressure and public scrutiny. But he is, of course, to the manor born...
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2006, 07:40 PM by proulxfan »
Jack: " Nice to know you, Ennis Del Mar."