Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1737481 times)

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #420 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:18 AM »
First thing I saw when I turn on my computer and connect to the internet this morning.  I thought it was just a dream.  Now I wish it was just a dream.  I'm so shock and numb that I can barely type.  This is a very sad news indeed.  Bless his soul.  I also feel for his daughter.  I hope her and her mother are well.  

To Heath:  May you rest in peace up there and look after the people you love.  If you are reading this, you know how many people love and respect you.  You were a great actor for someone so young and never in a million years would we think you'll leave us.  Your legacy will live forever.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #421 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:23 AM »
tpe, MG, JT, Twisted, Quills, BabyTammy, Tony, Jack's Key, Aurora, Monicita, Hildapossible, and all the rest (I don't want to miss anyone):

I can only offer more  :ghug:  :ghug: and my support and commiseration.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Ain't no reins on this one"
« Reply #422 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:24 AM »
We remeber you always. Our Ennis, happy Ennis.

The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #423 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:25 AM »
tpe, MG, JT, Twisted, Quills, BabyTammy, Tony, Jack's Key, Aurora, Monicita, Hildapossible, and all the rest (I don't want to miss anyone):

Thank you, Barb :ghug: :ghug: Same to you. :ghug:
The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #424 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Tammy, my heart is with you. I know how you feel. :ghug:

And don't believe the press, they're only speculating and spreading rumours. Heath loved playing the Joker, he said it's the most fun he's ever had with a character, and he was filming a movie with Terry Gilliam now and he adored Terry and loved working with him, he said himself that Terry was his favorite director. Don't read ugly things that people are saying about him, don't do that to yourself. They don't know him. He was a talented, loving, beautiful human being, that's all that matters.

I didn't want to say anything about this, but for a short while yesterday afternoon (US time), Heath's entry in wikipedia was disgustingly desecrated.  The mods of that site made sure that it was cleaned up immediately.

There is so much nastiness out there about Heath.  We should be careful what to believe and not to believe.  In the meantime, we know that we honor him for his his work, his beauty, and his talent.  Nobody can take that away from us.

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #425 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:28 AM »
Almost all Heath pic forums are erased, I can understand why.

- Annie Proulx -

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #426 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:30 AM »

And we offer them back to you and our best support  :ghug:  :ghug:  :ghug:  :ghug:   %)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #427 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:34 AM »
We remeber you always. Our Ennis, happy Ennis.

Anything interesting up there in heaven, Heath?

:\'( :\'( :\'(
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #428 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:34 AM »
He died on the road
He died on the road
He just kept on movin'
Never reaped what he could sow
And he was a friend of mine

As is.

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
« Reply #429 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:37 AM »

Thanks FlwrChild!  We all needed a little of that today!   :ghug: To you too and everyone else.  :ghug:

Offline HildaPossible

• Cassie
« Reply #430 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:38 AM »

Thank you a lot  :ghug:

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #431 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:38 AM »
I've been playing this song almost non stop since I heard, it makes me think of Jake and how devastated he must be feeling, like we all are, because Heath WAS a friend of ours, even if we didn't know him personally. He brought us all together through his beautiful portrayal of Ennis and will live forever through him and through the friendships born from Brokeback Mountain. Rest In Peace,lil darling :\'(

As he had done in the past, I suspect Jake will maintain a respectful silence.  He is godfather to Heath's child, and I suspect that this has been on his mind the past few hours.  I also pray for him.

Both Jake and Maggie were fortunate enough to work with Heath at the height of his powers.  I am sure that they both feel the loss very much.

Offline Aurora

• Alma
« Reply #432 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:39 AM »

Oh that's so SAD, that makes me cry... That's how I will remeber him... Thank you Twisted for the picture and Ali, that's the face I ment, when we talked in spanish thread...

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #434 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:42 AM »
I'm draging ass, I trying to get to work.  Is it hitting me.  I don't know.  I don't want to feel this way, I don't want to cry.   I lived with this "thing" that came over me for a year.  What's going to happen now?  

Man this  is stupid, I got  to go.  tears are falling, this really hurts.  I didn't want it to.  I tried my best not let it get to me.  It just doesn't make sense.  I'm sorry,

No need to say sorry.  We are the same.

Offline rpmnh

• Lureen
« Reply #435 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:42 AM »

I just came across this quite in a news article on CNN.

>>"Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels ..."

So true and appropriate, particularly for this forum. I hope that he knew, at least to some extent, his impact on us, here, in particular, and in the world, in general.

I have nothing to add in regard to the sadness that we are all feeling. It has already been said.

I do want to express my appreciation to everyone involved in this supportive forum. This really is an "anchor" in trying times, particularly this one. Collective thanks to everyone for just being there. I hope that you all realize your positive impact here, in our little community, and in the world in general. Life is short and fragile, so be aware of and appreciate your contributions often. I can only hope that Heath did...

Bob

bruxa23

« Reply #436 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:43 AM »
My Immortal  :\'( :\'( :\'(

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqriISAkIyk
..this pain is just too real.. :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline MississaugaRed

• Jack + Ennis
  • Gone too soon, but never forgotten.
« Reply #437 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:43 AM »
I don't think it's quite set in yet - I keep hoping this is all a horrible mistake, although I know it's not going to be that way.

I think I finally know exactly what Ennis felt when he got the postcard about Jack's death.  Surreal shock and disbelief.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'( :\'( :\'(

We'll miss you, Heath.  Always.   :\'(
"Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein loma-làn easgannan".
My hovercraft is full of eels.

“I miss you,” Jack whispered. “I miss you.” He felt loved. He felt heard. Shades of Grey by MidwestGirl

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #438 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:43 AM »
And we offer them back to you and our best support  :ghug:  :ghug:  :ghug:  :ghug:   %)

%) back.  :ghug:

Hi again Lindsey. :^^)

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #439 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:44 AM »

Oh God... :\'(
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #440 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Dear Friends,
I need to share something with you.
Some time ago, just before Christmas I went to see a clairvoyant. It was the first time in my life. She told me that somebody is going to die soon and his death will effect me greately, altough he is someone pretty distant to me. Now I know who he was talking about... The words "Heath Ledger is dead" just plays in my head over and over again...

I too believe in Fate.  

But I like to think NOT about what could have been; rather I like to think of what he has given us.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #441 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:46 AM »
My Immortal  :\'( :\'( :\'(

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqriISAkIyk

Thanks,hpv, but I haven´t could see it completely;I begin to cry again,it´s so sad...
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

babytammy7

« Reply #442 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:49 AM »

Thank you much Barb.

Yesterday was a very bad day for me; a lot of problems at work and some at home and with friends too. A real mightmare. I was broken. But I tried to sleep thinking about how I was going to resolve my problems......I didn't sleep well, but after so much thinking, I've found solutions and new sthrengh to face the day. This was going to be a great day. I was going to talk to my boss to clear a lot of stuff, and also I was going to make up with a friend of mine. I was happy. But then I received a message via cell phone from Ali (MyPrivateJack): I'm so sorry that I have to tell you this: HEATH IS DEAD.

I remained still, without notice that my hands have started to shake. I left everything I was doing and run to the nearest computer. I came here and then I saw it...... :\'(  :\'(  :\'( Oh my, I saw it, I saw the new banner and then I knew that all was real, Heath was dead and with him my heart too. I thought I was going to vomit.

After so much crying my boss sent me to home. I know I'm a silly girl, but yeah, I can't help being so weak.
This day was going to be beautiful; now is a wreck, I'm a wreck and I think the whole month is going to be a wreck, a total shit for me.

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #443 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:54 AM »
I don't think it's quite set in yet - I keep hoping this is all a horrible mistake, although I know it's not going to be that way.

I think I finally know exactly what Ennis felt when he got the postcard about Jack's death.  Surreal shock and disbelief.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'( :\'( :\'(

We'll miss you, Heath.  Always.   :\'(

You know, that's exactly what I was thinking about this morning. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch that scene again - it was hard enough before but now?

Sorry for the "anything interesting.." thing - it was actually Ethan who posted it first on the Vigil thread and it just seemed fitting, somehow.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #444 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:55 AM »
This poem was read by the rabbi who officiated at my mom's funeral  it gave me some comfort I hope it might offer all of us some at well

Do Not Stand by my Grave and Weep  by Mary Elizabeth Frye
An early version, printed by others on postcards:

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

babytammy7

« Reply #445 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:58 AM »
This poem was read by the rabbi who officiated at my mom's funeral  it gave me some comfort I hope it might offer all of us some at well

Now I'm crying like a baby!!!!  :\'(  :\'( Oh my....My baby Heath.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #446 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:59 AM »
Good morning all...i too woke up hoping it was just a horrible dream. Unfortunately it was not.  

I'm still numb, my heart is heavy, and my eyes ache.   :ghug:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #447 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:01 AM »
just beautiful, thanks for posting. 

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #448 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:03 AM »

OMG...O)MG!!!!!  So beautiful and sadd too
Now I'm really crying my eyes out...!!!
"Do not stand at my grave and cry;"...I can't help it....sobbing  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #449 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:07 AM »
Beautiful poem trekfan. Thank you. :^^)

Tammy, you are not silly or weak. As MissRed said, we are all shocked and stunned, just as Ennis was when he received that postcard. You need time to heal from that very real hurt. :ghug: