Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732881 times)

Offline janicka

• Cassie
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1320 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:54 PM »
Hi everybody. I have just visited JGs official website and saw a picture of Jake taken in LA this weekend. After a few seconds the picture diappeared and I could read this: You are not authorized to access this page. Does anybody know more?

*edited by mod*
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2008, 05:59 PM by Froggy »

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #1321 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:59 PM »
The official website gives the news (yet i am not sure why they call themselves official) but the website with the photo is a gossip/paparazzi website. You must have hit the wrong link.

*reminder*

To maintain a certain level of respect, the forum asks the members not to post paparazzi photos or photos that constitute a clear invasion of their privacy.
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline MaxHim

• Ennis
  • I'm nothin'.... I'm nowhere.....
« Reply #1322 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:04 PM »
He cried a lot actually  :\'( :ghug:
I still cry a lot every time i watch the movie  :\'(, even after have seen it a lot of time.

Fortunately you was together to support both of you
 :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Hope you are getting well....
"Old Brokeback got us good, didn' it ?"

Offline janicka

• Cassie
« Reply #1323 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:04 PM »
The official website gives the news (yet i am not sure why they call themselves official) but the website with the photo is a gossip/paparazzi website. You must have hit the wrong link.

*reminder*

To maintain a certain level of respect, the forum asks the members not to post paparazzi photos or photos that constitute a clear invasion of their privacy.

Sorry, I did not know it is a paparazzi photo. I just wonder how Jake is doing, nothing more...........

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1324 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:07 PM »
I am still trying to catch up all the posts from the last few pages.

I am beyond words after seeing this pic. It breaks my heart. Thank you so much for being "there" with us. It means a lot.

:ghug: to everyone.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline canmore

• Alma
« Reply #1325 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Fortunately you was together to support both of you
Hope you are getting well....
Yes I had someone to take my hand during the movie  <^(

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1326 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Sorry, I did not know it is a paparazzi photo. I just wonder how Jake is doing, nothing more...........

I know , we all are sweety.
My guess is that he is grieving...just like us.

:ghug:

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Heath, I swear ...

Offline MaxHim

• Ennis
  • I'm nothin'.... I'm nowhere.....
« Reply #1327 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:30 PM »

I would like to thank you everybody for pix, collages, and beautiful words.....

:^^)
"Old Brokeback got us good, didn' it ?"

Offline Kemmer

• Ennis
  • Ennis and Jack and The Mountain changed me forever
« Reply #1328 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:38 PM »
All of us deeply mourn Heath's tragic death, but goddam;  look what he left us!  He left us Ennis Del Mar who will occupy at least a part of my mind until I die.  Jack and Ennis have become genetically a part of who I am, and so Heath Ledger lives on.

The ancient Egyptians said, "Speak my name and I live again".  Heath's name will be spoken--and his alter ego Ennis's name will be spoken--for well into the distant future.   :-\\
Tell ya what...truth is...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1329 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:52 PM »
"To know and love one other human being is the root of all wisdom."

-Heath Andrew Ledger-

Tammy, thank you so much for this. I am crying a river of tears, it is so perfectly Heath, wise and loving. Thank you.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1330 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:55 PM »
OMG, I have just read Nolan's article for Newsweek, and now I am a mess...Again.

I have to go, or it will drive me insane...the ache is too much.
x

Heath, I swear ...

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1331 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:56 PM »
Heath Ledger the man is gone, not to return.  Heath Ledger’s soul lives on in the thousands, nay millions, of souls whose lives he transformed and will yet transform in ways immeasurable.

His work here was done, and by whatever providence controls such events, his talent was needed elsewhere to continue his work and practice his craft.

Like the miracle of Ennis meeting Jack, we should rejoice, not in the fact that he is gone, but in the fact that he came here at all, at this time, in this place, during our lives, to complete the work he so masterfully achieved.

G'bye Mate.  You Changed Everything.

Well said, mate. I am forever grateful that Heath came to us for the time that we had, and the legacy he left with us to carry on.

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1332 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:09 PM »
Thank you pierrelax for those wonderful shots from Notre Dame.    How touching

Linda  :ghug:
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
« Reply #1333 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:25 PM »
I did not know Heath Ledger. We never met. In fact, he never even knew I existed. Nevertheless, he changed my life, in so many ways, and for that I will always be grateful. I have seen almost all of his movies, and enjoyed most of them too, but it was Brokeback Mountain that had an indelible effect on me. The universal themes of love and loss, loyalty, the importance of being true to yourself and self worth, regret and redemption, and the power of love unlocked a part of me that had lain dormant for far too long. And I was privileged, not only to see this impact on other people, but to experience it with them as well. The journey that started when I walked into that theatre led me to a community of people who believed in and embraced the ideals of love, acceptance, and compassion. All of the broken pieces of us came together there and formed a bond that allowed us to heal and grow, and from that a family was forged and lifetime friendships were born. None of this would have been possible had two bright, caring, talented people not taken it upon themselves to inhabit the characters that taught us those lessons, bringing them to life on screen and making us love them. Heath Ledger was one of those people, and he didn’t just take on his role, he did it both graciously and gracefully. And continued to do so every day after. Daniel Day Lewis said “I didn’t know him. I have a strong impression I would have liked him very much, as a person, if I had.” and I feel the same way. I didn’t know the private Heath, the one his family referred to as Heatho and Roast, but what I saw was a man who lived his life by his own standards and not those of the industry he worked in, a man who said that being a parent was the most important thing he’d done, and a man who worried, when he took on the role of Ennis Del Mar, not that he might be stigmatized by playing it, but that he would be able to do it justice. I think we can all agree that he did so and then some. So for all the pieces of himself that he let me glimpse, while still fiercely  protecting his own privacy and that of his family, and for all of the lessons that I have learned from Brokeback Mountain, and from the worldwide community of ennisjack, which I would never have found without him, I can only be profoundly grateful. And since those lessons and those people are forever embedded in my heart, he is as well. I will remember him, cherish him, and love him for the rest of my life.

Barb! :\'(
I agree, I agree.
The string continues to be pulled, and I unravel that much more. And I don't want to jinx it, but I think it's finally feeling a little less tight inside.

Thanks for this post.  :^^)
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1334 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:25 PM »
The Newsletter is posted, have tissues ready  :-\\

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=4670.msg147214#msg147214
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1335 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:26 PM »
HGB, Fredptitefée, canmore, pierralex, Alec_Scudder, Chrichri.

Thank you for sharing what you have done in France. It is beautiful.

canmore, thank you for the tears. pierralex, thank you for holding canmore's hand.

I honestly believe that Heath poured so much love into his role as Ennis, because of couples like you. He wanted to do right by you, so you can live proud and happy lives together. I am glad to see his work bearing fruit.  :ghug:

Offline malawix

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1336 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:26 PM »
i stayed away from here the whole day. tried not to think, not to "feel it", and then here i am again cos it still hurts, still hurts...

i have a couple of movies here that i havent watched yet (I'm not there and Candy) but still dont find the strength to do it...

donno if i should right now and let myself go and cry Heath a river...

i'll see...

the only thing i know is that i miss already his next movies that will never come...

that smile...

:(
«Though you are far away | I am with you in every way | Close your eyes and you will see...»

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1337 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Wonderful pics, PA.   :-*  :^^)

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1338 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:56 PM »
The newsletter is lovely. I do feel kind of terrible for not saying anything to Heath directly. At least not in here. I said it to myself, in my head. I'm not sure I could take the words and put them in writing, though, which is why I didn't.  :-\\

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1339 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:01 PM »
The newsletter is lovely. I do feel kind of terrible for not saying anything to Heath directly. At least not in here. I said it to myself, in my head. I'm not sure I could take the words and put them in writing, though, which is why I didn't.  :-\\

No need for words, just think of him in Heaven looking down on us, he is smilling
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
« Reply #1340 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:03 PM »

For a moment I was feeling sort of outcast in that I also hadn't, carb. I simply hadn't known of the thread in which to do so but ultimately, I think I share your inability. Somehow, although thoughtful, it sits a little too final in a sense.
I don't know that I'm even able to accept the incident. I'm really slow in some aspects, but hey I'm working on it.
Maybe for us, it's best we keep certain sentiments right in our hearts, in check so to speak.
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1341 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:04 PM »
Why can't I cry? Why am I happy one minute and others, sad realizing we lost someone great? I don't understand myself. I read everybody's post and I just want to be there and give everyone the biggest hugs. But as I keep reading, I wonder why I can't seem to share these same feelings. Sometimes I seem as nothing is wrong, smiling and going on, then something hits me such as 5 minutes ago when I stumbled upon Ellen D. tribute to Heath on her show. I saw her face after the tribute and I just felt so sad, so heart broken. But still, I don't understand it. I've read on a previous post that if your not truely upset, your just a 'fan', not a family. What am I? Why can't I express these feelings I know I feel for this great man? I'm sorry if I'm just rambling on about nothing... :-\\

Lis

You are every bit a part of this family  :ghug: Everyone here is. As for why you don't cry? I don't know. Some people hit things and scream, others sit in silence, others sob and some don't cry at all- grief is different for all of us. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to handle it, it doesn't mean you don't care or aren't feeling it as deeply as the next person. It just means that you handle it in the only way you know how and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  :ghug: :ghug:

“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1342 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:05 PM »
Heath Ledger the man is gone, not to return.  Heath Ledger’s soul lives on in the thousands, nay millions, of souls whose lives he transformed and will yet transform in ways immeasurable.

His work here was done, and by whatever providence controls such events, his talent was needed elsewhere to continue his work and practice his craft.

Like the miracle of Ennis meeting Jack, we should rejoice, not in the fact that he is gone, but in the fact that he came here at all, at this time, in this place, during our lives, to complete the work he so masterfully achieved.

G'bye Mate.  You Changed Everything.

That is so beautiful  :\'( :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1343 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:13 PM »
I don't know what is happenning to me,I don't know if it's logical and normal or not...I haven't read or seen any tribute for Heath,simply because I can't.I'm beginning to enter into a phase of acceptance of the situation,having passed the first days of real shock.But as soon as I read or see some of these tributes,this kind of shield breaks and the shock state reappears-although not as hard as the first days...-.I don't want to post in any other threads about fun and games because I find them now superficial and frivolous-but I'm not saying that who does it,are frivolous too;it's simply my way of reacting...-;nor in threads about BBM because it hurts me speak,for example,about Ennis sexuality or their reactions in BBM because it reminds me of Heath...If I can't read and I don't want to post anywhere that it doesn't be this thread about his death,what can I do?.It's difficult to understand,I suppose,so I believe I'm a little crazy or something like that;I repite,I don't know if it's logical or not...really I don't.

When a friend is gone,
an empty place remains
that can't be filled
with a new friend's arrival.

When a friend is gone,
a star is lost,
the one that lights the place
where there's a slept child.

When a friend is gone,
riding up to his destiny,
our soul begins to shatter
because it's full with cold.
[/b]

"Cuando un amigo se va"/"When a friend is gone". Song by Alberto Cortez.

You are not alone in not reading tributes or anything like that.  :ghug: I think it's a form of self protection. I'm not ready to see that stuff either. I feel like I should but I can't right now. I can't go into those threads either- I'm glad others are able to but for some of it seems the world is still standing still. And that's okay too. Like I just said to Lil Dwarf- we all grieve and handle things in our own way. And there's no logic when it comes to grief.  :ghug: That is a beautiful song  :\'( I hope you start feeling a little better soon.  :ghug:

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1344 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Why can't I cry? Why am I happy one minute and others, sad realizing we lost someone great? I don't understand myself. I read everybody's post and I just want to be there and give everyone the biggest hugs. But as I keep reading, I wonder why I can't seem to share these same feelings. Sometimes I seem as nothing is wrong, smiling and going on, then something hits me such as 5 minutes ago when I stumbled upon Ellen D. tribute to Heath on her show. I saw her face after the tribute and I just felt so sad, so heart broken. But still, I don't understand it. I've read on a previous post that if your not truely upset, your just a 'fan', not a family. What am I? Why can't I express these feelings I know I feel for this great man? I'm sorry if I'm just rambling on about nothing... :-\\

Lis

Hi, Lis, everyone expresses their individual grief differently. It is not about how we mourn Heath, it is about how we feel losing him. I used to think of myself as a fan. I don't know if I can call myself a member of his family. I do know that for days after hearing the news, I avoided television and newspaper on purpose, just to shut out the pain. I still do. I only come here, where I know it is safe, to let a little of the news to seep in, and a little of the tears to seep out. There is no right or wrong way, just the way that is best for you. Whatever you have done, Heath already loves you for it. I refuse to watch the morbid pictures of his death. I can only think of the smiling pictures of his life, of his joy. For some reason, however, the painful pictures of Ennis in tears, they bring me comfort, because I know he also understood, what we are going through. I am just hoping that all our love and prayers, are reaching him, and surrounding him with love and loving memories. We will never be the private part of him, growing up with his Australian family, but we will always be the public part of him, the family who loves him and will always welcome him.

Love,

Andrew

Offline Iswear...

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1345 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:17 PM »
Friday night with some french brokies (HGB, Fredptitefée, canmore, Alec_Scudder, Chrichri and me), we went to watch BBM on theater in Paris. We learned that it was on screen the day before, what a coincidence!

It was very weird and sad at the beggining, seeing Heath on the screen and thinking that he isn't here anymore... And then I felt into the story as the previous times, forgetting about Heath, Jake, the world around me. Just Ennis, Jack and me. In a way, it warmed my heart to see that although we lost Heath, Ennis was still here in front of me, and that he would always be. Being with fellow brokies also helped a lot. We even managed to laugh. Being with brokies is just priceless!

Then, we went to Notre Dame de Paris to light up candels for Heath. It was unseasy because of the wind, but we managed to find a good place just in front of the cathedral and suddenly the wind stopped.
It was so beautiful, we were standing up silently, in front of the candels, thinking about Heath, thanking him.
No need to hide pain, no need to explain, we huged and talked about him. It was a big relief doing it. I feel much better now. Finally we went off, letting Notre Dame take care of the tiny flames glowing in the dark...

How I wish I was with you all... vous avez rendu un magnifique hommage à Heath et j'aurai vraiment aimé être avec vous car depuis que j'ai appris la terrible nouvelle, je me sens très seule et incomprise ici à Paris, les gens ne comprennent pas que je sois si affectée par sa disparition, heureusement que ce forum existe. Je vous embrasse tous et si vous comptez à nouveau vous retrouver sur Paris, ce serait trop sympa de penser à moi  :\'(  

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1346 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:18 PM »
Friday night with some french brokies (HGB, Fredptitefée, canmore, Alec_Scudder, Chrichri and me), we went to watch BBM on theater in Paris. We learned that it was on screen the day before, what a coincidence!

It was very weird and sad at the beggining, seeing Heath on the screen and thinking that he isn't here anymore... And then I felt into the story as the previous times, forgetting about Heath, Jake, the world around me. Just Ennis, Jack and me. In a way, it warmed my heart to see that although we lost Heath, Ennis was still here in front of me, and that he would always be. Being with fellow brokies also helped a lot. We even managed to laugh. Being with brokies is just priceless!

Then, we went to Notre Dame de Paris to light up candels for Heath. It was unseasy because of the wind, but we managed to find a good place just in front of the cathedral and suddenly the wind stopped.
It was so beautiful, we were standing up silently, in front of the candels, thinking about Heath, thanking him.
No need to hide pain, no need to explain, we huged and talked about him. It was a big relief doing it. I feel much better now. Finally we went off, letting Notre Dame take care of the tiny flames glowing in the dark...

:ghug: That is so beautiful- all of you.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1347 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:20 PM »
Big hugs Carby and Justin.  :ghug:

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1348 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:28 PM »
The Newsletter is posted, have tissues ready  :-\\

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=4670.msg147214#msg147214

Thank you, the editing team.

The newsletter is a wonderful tribute, and you honor me too much. I do love this place and all who come here. And I do miss him...as malawix said, all the movies never to be made, and as Chris Nolan hinted, all the shorts he produced, never to be seen, ... I tried to find his movies in the store today. Guess what, the few items in stock last week, all disappeared, or sold. I am struggling to decide, if I should get all the movies at once, and watch them, or to watch one a year, on an anniversary. Thank you for posting all his movies. That's a great start. I think I will pace myself, and get just one or two a year.

Sometimes the hole you left behind is so immense, I feel empty.
Sometimes the gift you so generously gave is so huge, I feel blessed.
Sometimes I miss you so much.
Sometimes just thinking of your pictures make me smile.
Whatever the time, I know the love you left in my heart, will always be there.

roconner

« Reply #1349 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:12 PM »

She takes the back road and the lane
past the school that has not changed
in all this time
She thinks of when the boy was young
all the battles she had won
just to give him life

That man
she loved that man
for all his life,