Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1733108 times)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1200 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:43 PM »
To Ethan and LJN  and all of you.  thank you for being there.  When I am offline I was feeling so alone.  My friends I am living with could never comprehend what I am going through. But knowing that all of you do and that I can come here to lean on you, cry with you,  receive comfort (as well as give it)  has helped beyond any words I could say.

I love you guys thank you

Linda  :ghug:

Me, too, Linda.  I couldn't stand it without being here with everyone.  A special hug to you from me...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1201 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:50 PM »
I agree Keren, this bog is a true testament to Heath and the gifts he gave us.  The tributes from Luke Davies and Neil Armfield are amazing.  In particular, Luke's description of how happy Heath was, and how in love with Michelle he was.  That was incredibly beautiful.   <^(

I loved all of this also, on Theresa's blog.  But you know what really gets to me?  The one article about Heth as a dad tripping around NY with Matilda on his shoulders, being so "motherly" with her, so patient, such a gorgeous dad.  Quotes from people who would see him around the streets with her -- such a beautiful man...

How many of us remember from when we were two years old and before?  Who knows if she will keep having the actual memories of him, but it is absolutely certain that he is in her, and she is of him, and I pray she has a wonderful life.  But her daddy's shoes are impossible to fill...

Sorry -- I've got myself in tears again.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #1202 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:56 PM »
Sorry -- I've got myself in tears again.

don't be sorry sweetie :ghug:
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1203 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:59 PM »
Yesterday, I was searching for some closure from this tragedy. It’s a difficult time for someone like me who doesn’t believe in God. Sometimes I wish I could. Things maybe would be easier.
But then yesterday night I dreamed of him. I usually don’t remember much of what I dream about. But there was him, so young, triumphant, full of love, life and hope in his future. He looked straight at me and asked: “You know what they say, how you can never go back home?” I nodded. “You can” he said then. "Through the magic of the movies".
And then today, sitting here, in front of my laptop I watched his films, his photos and some youtube videos. I watched as the story, his story, unfolded in front of me and then the ending came. And when the last image appeared on the screen, I smiled. There was just him. Heath.
Heath laughing, looking at the camera over his shoulder. Young and powerful enough to make my stomach flinch and my throat constricts. Heath in the way I will always remember him.

“what though the radiance which was once so bright be now forever taken from my sight. Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendour in the grass, glory in the flower. We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind.” William Wordsworth

p.s. To all of you. thank you for being here. this community was the only thing that kept me sane in the last four days. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it brought me so much comfort.
(sorry about my poor English, but as you can guess it isn't my mother tongue)

This is very beautiful, anya.  I love the dream you had, and you are fortunate to have had it.

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1204 on: Jan 26, 2008, 05:00 PM »
I know what you mean.  When I first found this site it was after I had seen BBM.  I was so confused, devastated with the ending, and looking for answers to so many questions I had.  I was numb for both those characters.  My husband had no interest in watching the movie or discussing it so I'm so happy to have found this forum.

To go through the grief again is terrible. It's by far worse since Heath was a real person. I got my arms around (finally) that BBM was a performance by him.  You know?  I have a terrible time understanding death.  Thank goodness he made that movie though. It is meaningful for so many people in different walks of life.  But something about him being in NY like me, sort of made it feel a little more personal for me....hard to explain. I guess knowing he was nearby made the movie sort of feel bearable...  That whole blur thing between the actor and the character - reality/movie...

Sigh. I'm just so crushed for him. I think he'd feel so badly about this accident. Kicking himself. But thank goodness, in heaven you feel peace and happiness.....

I'm actually smiling a bit, at your last paragraph.  I think that's true, that he'd say, damn, shit, I didn't mean to f*ck that up, not at all!

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1205 on: Jan 26, 2008, 05:03 PM »
I was happy to hear about the dream, too. I've been hoping for one like it since I received the news. It is comforting that someone has seen him in a dream and it was a positive one at that.

The only thing I've noticed is last night out of nowhere my printer started turning on and off by itself. I mentioned it to my friend when it happened and she said "That was Heath, ya now. Saying hello, seeing how you are." Then went on to tell me that one of the biggest signs someone is with you is when electronics start doing things like that and I'm normally a huge skeptic, but seeing as I've had this printer for months and it's never done anything like that until last night, I tend to believe it, and I'll take it. After that I said "Hello, Sweet Face. I am OK." Just in case  :)

I love it.  I will pay more attention to my electronics!  Maybe it was when he was flying over where you live, going home...

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1206 on: Jan 26, 2008, 05:06 PM »
I'm more or less religious person, or maybe it is better say spiritual - I have this need to believe to things we can't see by our physical eyes. I have one friend who is even more spiritual than I am, I mean she sees things and is if not clairvoyant but something little bit like that. She has often told me things that would happen in my life, and very often she has been right and her "messages" have come true. What I'm trying to explain now?  ^*() No, neither she not me have had any ideas, intuitional feelings about Heath beforehand, no. But I have a very strong feeling that Heath is somewhere surrounded by love and light. When I close my eyes I see him smiling and surrounded by very warm color of rose. And I have these aching chakra feelings. My heart chakra is pulsating very hard at the moment.

Sorry, I don't mean to upset anyone or attack different kinds of beliefs and views; we have all our own ways to think about things. I just want to tell how I feel now.

I'm with you on this stuff, Carmilla.  It's good to pay attention to where you feel things, what chakra.  (I'm still clenched in my solar plexus, I feel -- will have to figure out what that's about.)  I love Heath surrounded by rose-colored light...

kathy

Offline Snuit

• Alma
« Reply #1207 on: Jan 26, 2008, 06:06 PM »
Hey Ethan and LJN,

Thank you so much for posting these. Did you two happen to bump into Meryl and John from Bettermost? They went there too, and took a pic of your beautiful memorial to Heath with the messages from everybody...

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16573.50.html

Sending you all lots of hugs and healing energy from one forum to the other...  :\'(

Mel

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1208 on: Jan 26, 2008, 10:19 PM »
I'm actually smiling a bit, at your last paragraph.  I think that's true, that he'd say, damn, shit, I didn't mean to f*ck that up, not at all!

kathy

Yeah, I don't know why I think this way. But seriously, I really think he would be pissed at himself, for his daughters sake, that he screwed up by complete accident.  He didn't even get a life with his child. I'm angry for him too.  It sucks.

Sigh. I'm still just so upset. He's not headline news at all today but i don't want him forgotten. I keep staring at the words "died" and "death" and can't believe they are talking about this YOUNG 28 year old man.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008, 11:27 PM by masetane »

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #1209 on: Jan 26, 2008, 10:37 PM »
Carefree Wind, this is a lot to ask, I know, but in time, when you can, could you send photos here of wherever Heath is laid to rest?
Or Asali?  It would mean so much to so many of us.

If it is indeed possible for me to visit Heath's final place of rest, then by all means I shall certainly do so. Nothing will keep me from doing this for you all.

It is my hope that, even though Heath's funeral, will most likely be a private family affair (as it should be), that at least, it will be announced which cemetary he will at last rest in, so anyone can visit and pay their respects to this wonderful man.

I'm not even certain that details of when his funeral will be held, will even be made public. But yes, it would be an honour to do this for you all, and to hopefully take some photos as well, for you all to see.

Perhaps it may help with the healing process too, well actually, I am sure of it.  :ghug:

Ledger funeral plans still undecided
27th January 2008, 10:33 WST

Details of the funeral of Hollywood star Heath Ledger remain a mystery and may be limited to his immediate family, his uncle says.

The actor's parents Kim and Sally Ledger flew to New York, where they attended a private memorial service in Manhattan with close friends and their son's former fiancee Michelle Williams and daughter Matilda.

A large pine crate containing Ledger's body was taken from the Frank E Campbell funeral home in New York to begin it's long journey home.

The former Perth boy's uncle Mike Ledger said the funeral arrangements had not yet been decided.

"Kim will be bringing Heath home, but in terms of memorials services, it's up to Kim and Sally," Mr Ledger told News Limited.

"We know the chapel at Guildford (Grammar School) is available if Kim wants it. But they may even keep it very private. We may not even go to the funeral ourselves."

Mr Ledger ruled out suicide.

"We know he would never have done anything like that on purpose. It was just a tragic mixture. We're sure it will all come out in the (autopsy) report."

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=454640

"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline lamusica

• Ennis
« Reply #1210 on: Jan 26, 2008, 11:26 PM »
I went to the movies today, and all I could think about was how Heath would have done the main male's part.  I guess we will always compare actors to him.  Can anyone ever measure up? Of course, this all brought on the tears again.  Can't get passed this one. :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
"Let's put a SSSSMILE on your faceeee!"

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1211 on: Jan 26, 2008, 11:30 PM »
OH I was under the impression that Heath's parents only went as far as California.  I'm glad they were able to visit him and glad the NY papparazzi didn't catch on. At least I haven't heard of anything reported here.

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1212 on: Jan 26, 2008, 11:37 PM »
I thought I would post this info over here.   Someone on DC is in Alberta and went to Campsite #2 (the 'tent don't look right' site)

Here is a photo they took.

the way the sun is coming over the mountain it feels like Heath is looking down on all of us

Linda
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
« Reply #1213 on: Jan 26, 2008, 11:43 PM »
I thought I would post this info over here.   Someone on DC is in Alberta and went to Campsite #2 (the 'tent don't look right' site)

the way the sun is coming over the mountain it feels like Heath is looking down on all of us

Linda

Wow.
And that same sunlight blinds me from the words that try to come out.  :\'(
So beautiful.
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #1214 on: Jan 26, 2008, 11:45 PM »
Beautiful, this remind me of a quote   " happiness is best when shared " last words from Christopher McCandless
as in his journey learn that wisdom comes when the light shines into you by what you call by its name ^f^ ^f^ ^f^

what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline Raisa

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1215 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:34 AM »

Amazing! So incredibly beautiful.
”It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”

Prince of Persia
---------------------
"Jack, I swear -"  he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #1216 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:36 AM »

Linda

That is monumentally beautiful.
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1217 on: Jan 27, 2008, 02:01 AM »
I thought I would post this info over here.   Someone on DC is in Alberta and went to Campsite #2 (the 'tent don't look right' site)

Linda

:\'(

Thank you Linda  :ghug:
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1218 on: Jan 27, 2008, 02:05 AM »

Linda

This is sooo amazing. Thanks for directing us to this picture, Linda  :ghug:

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #1219 on: Jan 27, 2008, 02:08 AM »

Linda

That is one stunning photo. I hope whoever took it doesn't mind, but I just copied it to my mobile phone for my wallpaper. I wanted something that was a tribute to Heath without being too obvious about it. This way, I'll know...and everyone else will just see it as a beautiful picture.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1220 on: Jan 27, 2008, 02:27 AM »
That is one stunning photo. I hope whoever took it doesn't mind, but I just copied it to my mobile phone for my wallpaper. I wanted something that was a tribute to Heath without being too obvious about it. This way, I'll know...and everyone else will just see it as a beautiful picture.

That's a very admirable and appropriate outlook.  :^^)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1221 on: Jan 27, 2008, 03:26 AM »
To Heath

You taught us through Ennis how to live, how to love, how to grow.
You showed us by your life how to be gentle and kind, be generous and genuine.
You reminded us by your departure to a better life, that life is brief, and seize the day.

Because tomorrow may never come, and there is no other chance, to say I love you.
Because I do. Because you gave Ennis the power to change lives, to change minds.
Because of you, the world is a little gentler, a little kinder, a little more understanding.

How I wished I had told you when you were still here.
How I wished I had sent a get well soon to wish you well while you were down.
How I wished I had sent a card, just to show you that you are loved and remembered.

But now, you are gone.
Now I have no where to send my wishes.
All that comforts me now, is that I know you are there.

I feel you are still in my heart.
I know you are smiling at all the love sent your way.
And you are finally at peace, surrounded by love and loving memories.

You have always been gifted and giving, even to the end.
You will always be loved, liked this, always.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1222 on: Jan 27, 2008, 03:30 AM »
Ethan, Michelle,

thank you for all that you have done. It means a lot to me to see the love and support for Heath.

Love,

Andrew
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1223 on: Jan 27, 2008, 04:10 AM »
To Heath

Because tomorrow may never come, and there is no other chance, to say I love you.
Because I do. Because you gave Ennis the power to change lives, to change minds.
Because of you, the world is a little gentler, a little kinder, a little more understanding.

Oh, Lance..
That was really beautiful.
True story.  :^^)

And thank you Ethan & Michelle.  :^^)

Offline janicka

• Cassie
« Reply #1224 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:01 AM »

Linda

Thank you.
I stopped breathing for a while...... It is the most beautiful tribute I have ever seen.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2008, 06:44 PM by ethan »

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #1225 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:19 AM »
Hey Ethan and LJN,

Thank you so much for posting these. Did you two happen to bump into Meryl and John from Bettermost? They went there too, and took a pic of your beautiful memorial to Heath with the messages from everybody...

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16573.50.html

Sending you all lots of hugs and healing energy from one forum to the other...  :\'(

Mel

Thank you Mel, for the pics, the hugs, and the healing energy,  :ghug: back to you and Bettermost.
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #1226 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:20 AM »

Linda

Linda, that is beautiful.    :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  :ghug:
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2008, 06:44 PM by ethan »

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #1227 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:22 AM »
To Heath

You taught us through Ennis how to live, how to love, how to grow.
You showed us by your life how to be gentle and kind, be generous and genuine.
You reminded us by your departure to a better life, that life is brief, and seize the day.

How I wished I had told you when you were still here.
How I wished I had sent a get well soon to wish you well while you were down.
How I wished I had sent a card, just to show you that you are loved and remembered.

But now, you are gone.
Now I have no where to send my wishes.
All that comforts me now, is that I know you are there.

I feel you are still in my heart.
I know you are smiling at all the love sent your way.
And you are finally at peace, surrounded by love and loving memories.

You have always been gifted and giving, even to the end.
You will always be loved, liked this, always.

Oh that is beautiful.  :\'( :\'( :ghug:

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1228 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:28 AM »

Linda

aw this is so beautiful!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2008, 08:34 PM by ethan »
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #1229 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:34 AM »
That photo of the flowers in the snow, is absolutely beautiful. I think it encompasses all of the feelings that have been expressed in this thread, since news broke of Heath's untimely passing.

The sadness and the love. Also hope, that Heath is now at rest and peace, and that in time, peace shall once more find us too.

Like the sun breaking through the sadness, and shining down upon beauty and hope, so it shall shine again once more into the hearts of all who love(d) him.
"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain