Author Topic: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*  (Read 175157 times)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*
« Reply #60 on: Oct 27, 2006, 04:52 PM »
Does someone know if it will released at the same time worldwide? I couldn't find any reference on the French Amazon webpage.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #61 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:08 PM »
Does someone know if it will released at the same time worldwide? I couldn't find any reference on the French Amazon webpage.
Chameau,they have only mentioned the U.S. so far.
J.x

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #62 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:09 PM »
I can't find any reference on any UK site either, Cham.

Well, the original DVD came out in the UK 3 weeks after the States so maybe it'll be the same this time. I'll keep checking play.com regularly....but I've got a multi region DVD player so if I have to, I'll order it on Region 1 from Play USA.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #63 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:09 PM »
I tought so...  I'll try to contact Universal but the last time I Emailed them, they never replied.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #64 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Now that the initial happiness has taken residence in my mind, I am starting to wonder if they will change the cover art, or just add the words "COLLECTOR'S EDITION" to it? I also am wondering what the second DVD is going to look like. My DVD has the picture from the cover and posters, but I wonder if the new, second DVD will have something different or if it will just have "Disc 1" and "Disc 2".

Don't mind me. I'm a graphics artist so I tend to wonder and analyze things like this for ages.

Hey Carbyville, you can wonder and analyze as long as you like, I'm wondering about the same thing!  Well, that and what the extra scenes will be, and if there's going to be audio commentary, and what the postcards will have on them...you know, usual stuff like that!

I think it would be great to have a new cover, wouldnt it?  Make it more special.

Most definitely. I'm not sure how much different the art is on the DVD in other countries, but I know here in the states it was very bland. Bland in the sense that, when compared with my Titanic DVD for example you'd never know that Jack and Ennis fall in love but you sure as heck know that Jack and Rose fall in love by the description and art on the Titanic DVD.

Jack and Ennis's relationship is described as "a life long connection". Spare me. I've formed a life long connection with my dog but nobody has made a movie about that. On the Titanic DVD almost right off the bat it says "the sweeping love story". Makes me mad.  ^*)

If anything I'd like the US DVD to recognize Jack and Ennis's relationship as love as opposed to calling it "a life long connection".

As for extra footage and the postcards, the anticipation is killing me but I'd also like to wait until I get the new DVD to find out as opposed to being spoiled. Gives me more anticipation when I don't know what is coming.  ;)

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #65 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:28 PM »
Carbyville, the BBM artwork is actually a mimic of the Titanic one :)
I hope we get a new cover though.Be an extra bonus ;)

J.x

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #66 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:28 PM »
FYI sometimes "collector's editions" are released in certain countries and not others.  I've purchased DVD's that are "special editions" meant for the European market which are not available in the States.  Hopefully, they will release this collector's edition in other countries as well, or non-US/Canada brokies will have to get a multiregion/multistandard DVD to play this DVD

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #67 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:30 PM »

J.x

Yeah, the posters were. But it's a whole new ballgame when comparing the DVD's artwork and movie descriptions on the back.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #68 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:37 PM »

J.x

Yeah, the posters were. But it's a whole new ballgame when comparing the DVD's artwork and movie descriptions on the back.
All the dvd covers  i have are the same as the posters.I wish they had done something more original as it goes.
J.x

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #69 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:42 PM »
All the dvd covers  i have are the same as the posters.I wish they had done something more original as it goes.
J.x

Same here and really, I'm not even asking for that. Just that they clearly define what the movie is about, instead of going around it with terms like "lifelong connection". What's so hard about using the word "love"? I just double checked my DVD to make sure that love was not used at all and I was right. The tagline "love is a force of nature" isn't even anywhere to be found. They should definitely work on that for the release of this collector's edition.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #70 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Jack and Ennis's relationship is described as "a life long connection". Spare me. I've formed a life long connection with my dog but nobody has made a movie about that. On the Titanic DVD almost right off the bat it says "the sweeping love story". Makes me mad.  ^*)

If anything I'd like the US DVD to recognize Jack and Ennis's relationship as love as opposed to calling it "a life long connection".

As for extra footage and the postcards, the anticipation is killing me but I'd also like to wait until I get the new DVD to find out as opposed to being spoiled. Gives me more anticipation when I don't know what is coming.  ;)

I dont mean to laugh about something serious, but your comment about your dog cracked me up!  ;D

Seriously though, I totally agree about the way the word love is avoided just cos its two men!  Hello, what century are we living in?   ^*()

And as for the extra stuff and postcards, I am going to try my hardest not to look at anything that may be posted regarding extra scenes, etc.  I mean, I may have to give in and find out what the scenes are, but I am definitely not going to look at them until I have my own DVD in my own hands.
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #71 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:52 PM »

I dont mean to laugh about something serious, but your comment about your dog cracked me up!  ;D

Seriously though, I totally agree about the way the word love is avoided just cos its two men!  Hello, what century are we living in?   ^*()

And as for the extra stuff and postcards, I am going to try my hardest not to look at anything that may be posted regarding extra scenes, etc.  I mean, I may have to give in and find out what the scenes are, but I am definitely not going to look at them until I have my own DVD in my own hands.

;D You can laugh, it was meant to be funny!

I, too am going to try really hard to not be spoiled. I am even considering not finding out what the scenes are, which I know for me is going to be really hard to do because I'm extremely impatient, especially with something like that. I love that there is finally going to be a whole second disc dedicated to extra features for this movie.  ^f^

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #72 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Well i think the main thing to remember is that nothing was given away.If the cover details description of love and the rest of it then Ang's ideal of our perception is out the window.I love the fact we all have different ideas and ways of seeing the movie.It's more intriguing if i don't know too much beforehand.Not everyone will have been to the cinema to see it,so the dvd marketing is clever in that respect :)

J.x

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
  • just like this always...
« Reply #73 on: Oct 27, 2006, 06:12 PM »
FYI sometimes "collector's editions" are released in certain countries and not others.  I've purchased DVD's that are "special editions" meant for the European market which are not available in the States.  Hopefully, they will release this collector's edition in other countries as well, or non-US/Canada brokies will have to get a multiregion/multistandard DVD to play this DVD

OMG, I will be gutted if it's not released in the UK :\'( I can't imagine it won't be available worldwide though, cause let's face it, the reason they probably held all this stuff back and didn't release it with the original version is down to money, to make us all pay for it twice, so it wouldn't make sense for them to not exploit all the markets, not just the US one. Of course, normally I would refuse to be a part of such a cynical, money-grabbing ploy, but I don't care, this is Ennis and Jack we're talking about, I want the lot, however much it costs, principles be damned!! ::) ;D Seriously, I cannot wait to get my hands on this! ;D ;D ;D
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #74 on: Oct 27, 2006, 06:18 PM »
I swear my excitement and anticipation for the unseen footage parallels my initial excitement of watching BBM in the theaters for the 2nd or 3rd time  ;D

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #75 on: Oct 27, 2006, 06:23 PM »
I swear my excitement and anticipation for the unseen footage parallels my initial excitement of watching BBM in the theaters for the 2nd or 3rd time  ;D

I'm right there with you! It's gotten to the point for me that I can recite the movie in my sleep and see the scenes clear as day in my head. For the most part we are pretty in the dark about that scenes were cut and what the scenes entail. We have the finalized theatrical release so ingrained into our memories that a new scene and new dialogue is enough to to kill us  ;D

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
  • just like this always...
« Reply #76 on: Oct 27, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Same here and really, I'm not even asking for that. Just that they clearly define what the movie is about, instead of going around it with terms like "lifelong connection". What's so hard about using the word "love"? I just double checked my DVD to make sure that love was not used at all and I was right. The tagline "love is a force of nature" isn't even anywhere to be found. They should definitely work on that for the release of this collector's edition.

My DVD (which is the UK one) mentions the word "love" twice, "...an epic American love story(...)whose complications, joys, and tragedies provide a testament to the endurance and power of love."   :) But saying that, it is a bit ambiguous, when you see the pix on the back, cause it has Jack and Lureen dancing, and Ennis and Alma getting married, but the only pic of Jack and Ennis together is the one where they're looking at the sheep all mixed up with the Chilean sheep, so to anyone who didn't know it might look like the "love" refers to Jack and Lureen or Ennis and Alma ??? It does seem that there's an element of not scaring people off, so to speak, but then surely anyone who hasn't been living on Mars for the last year or so would know what it's about, even if they only know it as "that gay cowboy movie" ? ::)
I hope they do make it clearer on the new edition, and a new cover would be great too, not that there's anything wrong with the original as such, but I'd rather it didn't have the Titanic feel to it, I really don't understand what all the fuss was about with Titanic, I thought it was pretty crap (just my opinion!) so I'd rather BBM not be associated with it in any way, shape or form ;) :)
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Ain't no reins on this one"
« Reply #77 on: Oct 28, 2006, 08:10 AM »
So it is really happening, our dreams and wishes are coming true. I'm really excited. :clap: They gave us really good after christmas present :cr) &**)
The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #78 on: Oct 28, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Now that the initial happiness has taken residence in my mind, I am starting to wonder if they will change the cover art, or just add the words "COLLECTOR'S EDITION" to it? I also am wondering what the second DVD is going to look like. My DVD has the picture from the cover and posters, but I wonder if the new, second DVD will have something different or if it will just have "Disc 1" and "Disc 2".

Don't mind me. I'm a graphics artist so I tend to wonder and analyze things like this for ages.

Me, too, carby, a graphic artist (not currently as a living though).  Anyway, of course I wonder about the packaging, too (being also a packaging connoiseur). :)  For instance, I loved the French version they got, the special box with all the goodies inside; and I loved the denim-boxed (or denim-look?) one.  This is indeed exciting.

Has anyone actually pre-ordered it yet?  I hope there won't be choices to make, or we'll have to get both/all.  As it is, I would love to have the whole collection of all the worldwide editions, but...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #79 on: Oct 28, 2006, 03:51 PM »
Most definitely. I'm not sure how much different the art is on the DVD in other countries, but I know here in the states it was very bland. Bland in the sense that, when compared with my Titanic DVD for example you'd never know that Jack and Ennis fall in love but you sure as heck know that Jack and Rose fall in love by the description and art on the Titanic DVD.

I like your ire, your concerns.  So true.  And you're funny, too.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #80 on: Oct 28, 2006, 03:54 PM »
[ ;D You can laugh, it was meant to be funny!

I, too am going to try really hard to not be spoiled. I am even considering not finding out what the scenes are, which I know for me is going to be really hard to do because I'm extremely impatient, especially with something like that. I love that there is finally going to be a whole second disc dedicated to extra features for this movie.  ^f^

I don't want to be privy to extra scenes beforehand, either.  However, we've all seen tons of deleted-scenes stills already, so we know what might be shown in the deleted scenes.

kathy
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2006, 08:45 PM by ksxks »

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #81 on: Oct 28, 2006, 03:59 PM »

My DVD (which is the UK one) mentions the word "love" twice, "...an epic American love story(...)whose complications, joys, and tragedies provide a testament to the endurance and power of love."  

I love it!!  I'd never seen or read it before, either.  (See?  A Brokie completist must have ALL versions of everything.)  Anyway, those are really beautiful words.  I even like that it says an American love story.  The West of America is such a part of the character of the story.  But they wouldn't bother to say that on the editions for the US.

kathy

Offline jakestowel

• Cassie
« Reply #82 on: Oct 28, 2006, 09:19 PM »
I was very excited by this news.  I know we all had been waiting for something like this. 

I preordered it 10-26-06

I had preordered the movie DVD and got it one day earlier than the release date.
Oh, please let me live long enough!!!

Fafner

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #83 on: Oct 29, 2006, 08:47 PM »
Is it allowed to say who you pre-ordered it from, without posting a link?  (You know we have a rule about no links to commercial sites that may not be "official" Focus Features sites.)  If not okay to say outright or link, you can PM me?

kathy

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #84 on: Oct 29, 2006, 09:31 PM »
Is it allowed to say who you pre-ordered it from, without posting a link?  (You know we have a rule about no links to commercial sites that may not be "official" Focus Features sites.)  If not okay to say outright or link, you can PM me?

kathy

This is the link to order from Uiversal Studios , a least we know there is no copyrights problems  :)

http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/details.php?childId=36609
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Anduviel

• Cassie
« Reply #85 on: Oct 30, 2006, 01:12 AM »
I am also sooooo excited!
Can't wait for it to go out!  :d)
Something's new to talk about it for sure!

man, I wish they would have the commentaries too!!!!!!!!!!! <^(

Offline sarannah

• Cassie
« Reply #86 on: Oct 30, 2006, 06:11 AM »
OH MY GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW HAPPY ARE WE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for this news, you have made my entire YEAR. Seriously! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was talking to my sister about the possibility of a special DVD edition the other day, and she says "Sounds great, but I bet it won't happen..." Wait till I tell her........ ;D

Again, a HUGE thankyou for telling me. I can just feel all BBM fans in every online community everywhere celebrating. This is amazing. This film really unites us.

*grabs Ang and smooches him big-style*

I'm gonna be excited all through college today, I won't be able to concentrate in lessons!

Offline Edmund-Paul, The Baron of Ree

• Ennis
« Reply #87 on: Oct 30, 2006, 02:26 PM »
I am just drooling wondering about the "never before seen footage" - will we get to see the hippie scene?  And how about the few extra moments with the shirts?  Maybe even see Ennis in the PJ's that Ethan got ;)  I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about when it is released.   ;D  Wonder if a similar package will be released in UK/Europe anytime soon.  If not, our Euro Brokies will need to get a region 1/NTSC DVD player!

Like many people in Europe I have an "all region" player. I can buy and play anything from anywhere. Why not? My credit card is as good as anyone elses. Free markets and all that. Amazon.com can be difficult about delivering to an EU address, but there is nothing to stop me sending it via friends in the USA and on the the EU, or from import shops at about 20% more.
Learn from Brokeback Mountain. Make the most of your life & love from now on.
Because if you can fix it - you don't have to stand it.

• Ennis
« Reply #88 on: Oct 30, 2006, 02:35 PM »

Jack and Ennis's relationship is described as "a life long connection". Spare me. I've formed a life long connection with my dog but nobody has made a movie about that.

Maybe they should!

The British release had this text too.

• Ennis
« Reply #89 on: Nov 01, 2006, 02:58 PM »
I will buy this edition of BBM.

However, I do feel the studio is pushing the loyalty of the fans to the limit here.

They released the film so that thousand saw it in the first few days, then replaced the reels to be shown in cinemas with several minutes cut. The trailer remained unchanged with bits that were not in the film any more. Rumours of the cut secenes abounded.

So now the missing minutes are restored for those who buy again at a premium - this "de-lux" edition will be 6 minutes longer and will almost certainly be as the film was originally. (Ennis & Jack driving in a truck helping a van full of hippies, Jack and Randall at a gas station with angry looking garage workers, a shot of a tubby stand-in of Jack/Jake in the distance, all hinted at in the trailer if you look closely)

Who will want to see the present version if you know there is another with just a little more? No one.

I do feel our roses are being stemmed a bit, especially as this is not yet the High Deffinition release, which will surely follow. For those who have not yet seen a HDTV broadcast - it is like looking through a window.

But then again - I cannot wait to pre-order! Yes, I will pay again just to get those missing 6 minutes. And a whole DVD of interviews and extra bits will be nice. And then get a HDTV and DVD player to play the HDBBM on!

Such is addiction!  ;D