Author Topic: Deleted scenes-Ennis crying  (Read 130190 times)

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
Re: Deleted scenes-Ennis crying
« Reply #240 on: Jun 13, 2006, 06:56 AM »

Yes, Esme, writing on the internet can be very problematic, even with emoticons (smileys).

Keren_b, LuvJackNasty, Mars, Chameau, Twisted, Aimi15, KsxKs, and Welshwitch, thank you all for your kind words.  But you know, after rereading my post 24 hours later, I know I could have done a better job. My problem at the time was that I have never learned to write under water and while gasping for air. But, I am grateful it came out well enough to draw all of your heartfelt and warm words.  Thank you all.

Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline twist_mar25

• Alma Jr.
  • "It can be like this, just like this always"
« Reply #241 on: Jun 14, 2006, 02:56 AM »
Thanks, thanks, thanks for the deleted scene. I'm in tears.  :\'(

Poor Ennis. Three intense seconds. :-[

kisses  :-*

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #242 on: Jun 19, 2006, 02:36 AM »
Aprofoundly sensitive and understanding post, Patriot !, and a beautiful requiem for love.
I second that!!
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #243 on: Jun 25, 2006, 03:55 AM »
Esme, I don't know what the others think of this scene, I  couldn't speak for them if I did.  But to me, this is the turning point of the movie. This is the turning point of Ennis's life.  I sat and watched a man loving his friend and showing it by ordering soup instead of beans, by shooting an elk instead of letting Jack shoot a sheep, and other ways. But he never could tell Jack he loved him. "What about you," Jack says to Ennis. "Me, I don't know." Ennis replies. Jack, his best friend, drives for 14 hours only to have Ennis send him away after 1 minute and 28 seconds. Jack, his best friend sits there and tells Ennis, "Truth is...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it." and without a word, Ennis turns and looks into the fire as if he can't understand why Jack would miss him so much.

Then Ennis finds the shirts that have been hanging in Jack's closet for 20 years.  For 20 years Ennis' shirt has been embracing Jack's. Look at Ennis' face. He is shocked. He trembles, his breathing trembles. Ennis has discovered that Jack was in love with him and not only loved him as a friend. Ennis discovers and finally allows himself to admit he is in love with Jack also and says it, finally after 20 years, "I love you." and then breaks down into tears because he will never be able to tell Jack that he loves him. Ennis will never be able to lay next to Jack and whisper into Jack's ear, "I love you." Jack is gone, and Ennis cries bitterly for the loss and for never before telling Jack he loved him, not even as a friend.  Ennis came downstairs a new man. Ennis realized he is in fact a queer and he lost the only person he ever really loved. That is what that scene means to me. Don't know if it is what Ang Lee intended, but it is the way I see it and it is the part of the movie where I cry the hardest, for our two boys, for the wasted 20 years and for the sweet life they could have had on the Twist Ranch, out in the middle of nowhere. Each of our boys getting their wish; Ennis to be anonymous and Jack to live with Ennis on a little cow and calf operation.

If you don't see it that way, well, that is ok. I just hope however you see it, it is as beautiful for you as the way I see it is for me.

Patriot1, you've just broken my heart with that post - truly beautiful :\'(

Having now seen the "deleted scene", I'm actually glad that Ang Lee didn't use it. It's like so many other things in the movie - what we don't see is almost as powerful as what we do. We don't need to see all their intimate moments to know how passionate their love was (even if we might like to ;)) and we don't need to see Ennis breaking down to know how many tears he shed for his soulmate or how his heart was torn apart by finding out how much Jack loved him.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

greenfrog

« Reply #244 on: Jul 12, 2006, 12:41 AM »
I just watched the clip of Ennis crying, again today.

I couldn't help but get this feeling that his knees were about to buckle underneath him.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

I almost cried (again) watching it.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline FulOfSadness

• Jack
  • I am the crescendo of Sadness
Cut part of the two shirts scene !!!(very short, but worth a watch)
« Reply #245 on: Jul 21, 2006, 07:18 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV-I2kXcEqA&search=Deleted%20scenes%20Brokeback%20Mountain

watch it, i saw this somewhere else, its a cut part from when Ennis finds the two shirts! I almost died, but its only 3 seconds long
"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
-Harriet Beecher Stowe.

RebelWithSadness

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
OMG *faints*

They better make a directers cut of bbm, and have 4000 deleted scenes for me... THEY BETTER cuz WATCH OUT if they dont! hahah!
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
I will merge this with the Ennis crying thread :)
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline Gyllenhaalic

• He Said It Was His Favorite Place...
  • Alma Jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV-I2kXcEqA&search=Deleted%20scenes%20Brokeback%20Mountain

watch it, i saw this somewhere else, its a cut part from when Ennis finds the two shirts! I almost died, but its only 3 seconds long

Thank you for posting that! I tried the link someone posted before, but it wouldn't let me download it.

That was SO sad  :\'( Look how much pain he's in.... that kills me :\'(
"Brokeback got us good, don't it?"  ;)

Offline FulOfSadness

• Jack

Thank you for posting that! I tried the link someone posted before, but it wouldn't let me download it.

That was SO sad  :\'( Look how much pain he's in.... that kills me :\'(

Me too, it would be a crime for Ang Lee not to make a director's cut of this film ;D
"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
-Harriet Beecher Stowe.

RebelWithSadness

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #250 on: Jul 22, 2006, 03:52 PM »
Let's face it, if they issued all the deletd scenes and unused footage of scenes they included, we'd buy it. Pity they're not more commercially minded.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #251 on: Jul 23, 2006, 01:24 AM »
Let's face it, if they issued all the deletd scenes and unused footage of scenes they included, we'd buy it. Pity they're not more commercially minded.

Yes  ;D pity... and yes I'd buy it

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal 2 actors 1 legend
« Reply #252 on: Jul 23, 2006, 01:28 AM »
You bet, Esme!!! O0 O0 O0

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #253 on: Jul 23, 2006, 02:51 PM »
The full trailer that includes the deleted crying scene is also on youtube, so thought I'd include that here in case anyone would like to have it.  Sorry if this has been posted previously.

"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
OMG *faints*

They better make a directers cut of bbm, and have 4000 deleted scenes for me... THEY BETTER cuz WATCH OUT if they dont! hahah!

Im with my BHOIM on this one! I'll be one ticked-off Brokie if'n they don't!
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
OMG *faints*

Im with my BHOIM on this one! I'll be one ticked-off Brokie if'n they don't!

I think we're all behind Frankie on this one ( don't worry Drew, you'll get to be firts behind Frankie )

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
I think we're all behind Frankie on this one ( don't worry Drew, you'll get to be first behind Frankie )

LOL!  :8 :8 :8 I'm sure the cowboy appreciates that...
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #257 on: Jul 24, 2006, 10:34 AM »
The full trailer that includes the deleted crying scene is also on youtube, so thought I'd include that here in case anyone would like to have it.  Sorry if this has been posted previously.

Thanks for that Christie, I wish it was in the movie, and I'm definitely in the queue for the directors cut! &**)
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
I think we're all behind Frankie on this one ( don't worry Drew, you'll get to be first behind Frankie )

LOL!  :8 :8 :8 I'm sure the cowboy appreciates that...
OMG YES! and btw...SHOVE the line FORWARD!  :8
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline scribe

• Cassie
« Reply #259 on: Aug 03, 2006, 07:26 AM »
Like everyone else , I want to see this as a deleted scene when they get round to producing the special edition DVD.  But it is missing from the film for a very good reason - we know Ennis has been breaking his heart up there and don't need to see it to know that.  That's the skill of a brilliant director and outstanding actor.
I can't eat no cake just now

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #260 on: Aug 03, 2006, 11:37 AM »
I've got to the point where I don't really want to see any other version than the one we have. It's not perfect, but anything else isn't going to make it so.

There again, if I knew a director's cut was in the shops, I'd be queuing outside waiting for them to open.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #261 on: Aug 03, 2006, 06:43 PM »
I've got to the point where I don't really want to see any other version than the one we have. It's not perfect, but anything else isn't going to make it so.

There again, if I knew a director's cut was in the shops, I'd be queuing outside waiting for them to open.

I absolutely agree, ww, that it's perfect as it is...but I'd go get it the first day it was released also.

I said in another thread that I totally respect a director's desire to keep his deleted scenes to himself, but...  Oh yes, it was on the WS or FS DVD thread I think, where they mentioned the two-DVD set coming out, but that it added only stills.  So I'm thinking if they're just stills from the deleted scenes, that would be cool.  Except we've got all of them already (and I haven't ever asked, not from the start, how those were come by).

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #262 on: Aug 05, 2006, 12:06 PM »

.....I said in another thread that I totally respect a director's desire to keep his deleted scenes to himself, but...  Oh yes, it was on the WS or FS DVD thread I think, where they mentioned the two-DVD set coming out, but that it added only stills.  So I'm thinking if they're just stills from the deleted scenes, that would be cool.  Except we've got all of them already (and I haven't ever asked, not from the start, how those were come by).

kathy

I hadn't heard of a two-DVD coming out. That seems a lot of stills to fill a whole DVD doesn't it. Not that I'm complaining - I'd sit and look at them that's for sure. :)  But I would kill for the deleted scenes. If they put them on the 2nd DVD, people could either look at them or not according to their preference. I also respect the directors desire to keep his deleted scenes to himself, but .... sometimes unscrupulous people get their hands on them and they come to light anyway. It would be even worse if that happened and someone else benefitted from them.
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

Offline FulOfSadness

• Jack
« Reply #263 on: Aug 12, 2006, 01:59 AM »
That would be so weird making a music video and having deleted scenes in it, people will be like what the heck!! i want all the deleted scenes, but if i had to pick..

1.Jack on bridge, staring at reflection
2.Ennis and Jack sleeping/talking on Jack's truck
3.longer shirt sniffing scene
4.Murderer tire iron guys

thats all ::)
-Harriet Beecher Stowe.

RebelWithSadness

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #264 on: Aug 26, 2006, 02:24 AM »
Yes,fulOfSadness..I would like to have all of the scenes you've cited except the last one.

Offline FulOfSadness

• Jack
« Reply #265 on: Aug 26, 2006, 03:38 PM »
Yes,fulOfSadness..I would like to have all of the scenes you've cited except the last one.

I need to see all of Jack's murder, to be honest.
-Harriet Beecher Stowe.

RebelWithSadness

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #266 on: Aug 26, 2006, 03:46 PM »
I don't need it,instead ;)

greenfrog

« Reply #267 on: Sep 18, 2006, 01:50 AM »
I can't help but wonder . . .

How would Jack have reacted, had he seen Ennis crying over the shirts?

Offline Edmund-Paul, The Baron of Ree

• Ennis
Deleted scene videos
« Reply #268 on: Jan 16, 2007, 02:22 PM »
I have heard that there are some videos available on the internet of deleted scenes - particularly one of Ennis and the shirts only longer than in the film?

Could anyone please tell me where to find these?
Learn from Brokeback Mountain. Make the most of your life & love from now on.
Because if you can fix it - you don't have to stand it.

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #269 on: Jan 16, 2007, 02:33 PM »
Dear JFT read the posts above and you'll know all you
want of Ennis crying and the shirts. O0