Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732488 times)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #3270 on: May 08, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Thank you so,so much,keren,LJN ,Asali and FC for that emotionally touching tribute!!! :^^)  :ghug:
MJP   :ghug:

Henna    :^^)     :t) 

Love is shared  :ghug: It's nice to have a place where people understand, don't judge and where we can lean on each other for support and not feel alone. Those heartstrings that connect us grow stronger everyday :ghug:

It's true,Michelle; at least we understand each other in some feelings that not everybody can sometimes,and it's great to have each other support too when these feelings overwhelm you. :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3271 on: May 08, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Thank you so,so much,Michelle,Barb,Pauline and all the rest for doing this so lovely tribute in the name of all of us. :^^)  I imagine how hard it was for you,but you can't be sure all of us were by your side then and every time someone will think about Heath anywhere.The place is as beautiful as Heath deserves and is a kind of relief to me thinking that a part of him is there,as well as in our hearts.You must forgive me,but today I'm very emotional for some problems and this makes me sadder than a few time before when I think about him...I' m crying now...Thanks again,friends. :ghug:

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3272 on: May 08, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

babytammy7

« Reply #3273 on: May 08, 2008, 05:10 PM »
I've been avoiding this thread for my own well being but that's shot to hell so..I'm about 4 pages behind now. Anyway we left a memorial in Carson Park in Eau Claire this past weekend during the Brokie meet. I won't give the play by play (some Brokies are working on something) but Keren chose a perfect spot for him overlooking the water. It's in this spot that looks like it was just carved out for this purpose. Pauline did a lovely reading and Barb placed the wreath in the ground.  :\'(

This is from when we first left it:

A few of us went back later to visit and reflect and the sun was shining right on it:

And before we left for the airport, Barb and I went back and visited Monday morning and spent a long time there. We each took a coin and made a wish before throwing the coins into the lake.

His view

and the view from the top

So he's surrounded by light all day and the sounds of birds singing and water softly lapping against the bank  :\'(

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( This is too precious for words.....I'm moved to tears. Damn.

Thank you so much for this, really really from the bottom of my heart.  :ghug:  :ghug:

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3274 on: May 08, 2008, 05:14 PM »
 :ghug: Tammy. It really was for everyone and from everyone here. We were just lucky enough to be together and have the opportunity to do it. :^^)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline megalyn08

• Jack
  • "I love you until the end of time"
« Reply #3275 on: May 08, 2008, 05:29 PM »

A few of us went back later to visit and reflect and the sun was shining right on it:

And before we left for the airport, Barb and I went back and visited Monday morning and spent a long time there. We each took a coin and made a wish before throwing the coins into the lake.

His view

and the view from the top

So he's surrounded by light all day and the sounds of birds singing and water softly lapping against the bank  :\'(

So, welcome back LJN, and thank you so much for posting this really beautiful thought.  :t)  <^( It's so touching!  :\'(  :\'(  :ghug:
You know, it could be like this, just like this, always.

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #3276 on: May 08, 2008, 07:04 PM »

What you all did was so beautiful, I cannot begin to thank all of you guys. The view of the lake is picture perfect..how the light reflects off the lake so beautifully. I'm speechless  :\'(  :ghug:
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #3277 on: May 09, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I've been avoiding this thread for my own well being but that's shot to hell so..I'm about 4 pages behind now. Anyway we left a memorial in Carson Park in Eau Claire this past weekend during the Brokie meet. I won't give the play by play (some Brokies are working on something) but Keren chose a perfect spot for him overlooking the water. It's in this spot that looks like it was just carved out for this purpose. Pauline did a lovely reading and Barb placed the wreath in the ground.  :\'(

Many thanks to post it LJN, great idea to do it while gatherings !  We'll never forget  that Heath is a half part of this forum  :ghug:
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
« Reply #3278 on: May 09, 2008, 10:58 AM »
i miss him so much i can'd belive that after i'll see his 2 new movies i'll never see a new movie with him again...
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #3279 on: May 09, 2008, 10:59 AM »
do u think he saw this forum?when he was alive i mean...

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #3280 on: May 09, 2008, 12:50 PM »
      Dear Crisy - the subject of whether Heath ever saw this forum came up a while back, and, if my memory is correct, Keren and Christie said a friend of his had shown him the site, and he may have sent a few messages, a very few, to some of the people here.  They'd have to re-post, to give a more complete answer, or, you could go back through the news and memorial threads.
   I have also read that he would answer e-mails sent through another site, and was willing to be in brief contact with fans.  Less reliable is my own digging around that suggests he had checked in to all the forums, from time to time, but, although he had called himself an internet junkie, did not wallow in the fan sites.
  Meanwhile, I really need to download the picture you have for an avatar, and am blurry-eyed from trolling the photo section, where it has been posted several times.  Do you have the page #, so I could get it, please?   Thanks, Tony.

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #3281 on: May 09, 2008, 12:56 PM »
oh i can post it at baby pix <^( i just luv it :d)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #3282 on: May 09, 2008, 02:23 PM »

His view

Michelle, Thank you so much for posting it here.

I am so greatful that I had the opportunity to be a part of this tribute, it was realy painful and emotional, but also good to be there with Brokies, to know that someone will catch you when you fall. And yes, it was a beautiful place for him - looking at the water and surrounded by light, with the sun shining on him.

I also wanted to add, I felt that Heath was a big part of this gathering. I, personally, felt that he was with us all the time. It was the first time for me to be with other Brokies since he died, and it was the first time I watched the movie since January. So there was a lot of crying and all these emotions I try to keep bottled inside came bursting out... and as painful as it was, at least we could do it together, and be there for each other, and that was extremely important to me. Thank you for being there, friends.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3283 on: May 09, 2008, 03:14 PM »

I am so greatful that I had the opportunity to be a part of this tribute, it was realy painful and emotional, but also good to be there with Brokies, to know that someone will catch you when you fall. And yes, it was a beautiful place for him - looking at the water and surrounded by light, with the sun shining on him.

I also wanted to add, I felt that Heath was a big part of this gathering. I, personally, felt that he was with us all the time. It was the first time for me to be with other Brokies since he died, and it was the first time I watched the movie since January. So there was a lot of crying and all these emotions I try to keep bottled inside came bursting out... and as painful as it was, at least we could do it together, and be there for each other, and that was extremely important to me. Thank you for being there, friends.

Keren, I know it was hard for you, but I am glad you found comfort from the other brokies there with you... :ghug:
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

babytammy7

« Reply #3284 on: May 09, 2008, 03:23 PM »
Keren, I know what you mean. If I had been there I'd have cried a whole ocean. I know how much you loved him, how much you love him, so I'm glad you was able to free all that pain you had inside with sweet brokies by your side. You needed that. And we all are here for you.  :ghug:  :^^)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3285 on: May 09, 2008, 04:05 PM »

Keren,I know perfectly well as you felt then and how relieved you feel now for having been with other fellow Brokies to share your grief,but also your happiness.And,yes,I'm sure Heath was with all of you then,always and forever... :ghug:

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3286 on: May 09, 2008, 07:28 PM »

:ghug: :ghug: Thank you for being there for the rest of us, too. And thank you again for finding such a beautiful spot for him.  :ghug:

It was my first viewing since January aside from that one attempt at scenes and it was brutal. There were lines I knew were going to hit hard (anything interesting up there in heaven, to name one) and then there were the lines that weren't in the forefront of my mind- namely within the convo between Ennis and Lureen and then with Ennis and OMT. It didn't feel like watching BBM but watching just way too many real life reminders. I wish we had all gotten more time to really talk about all of this in person.  :-\\ But being together and getting and giving a hug whenever someone needed it helped. He was there the whole time, in the hearts that love him.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #3287 on: May 10, 2008, 03:06 AM »
Keren,LJN..  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3288 on: May 10, 2008, 04:48 AM »
I just found today those wonderful videos:"Tribute to Heath Ledger
 lots of new photos. Music: 'Hallelujah' by brilliant, true blue Aussie artist, Vince Jones"

and a funny one.. "Heath wasn't only gorgeous but had the greatest sense of humour"...
* edit by mod
Sorry, the video contained pap shots

Watching them, I felt the need to share it with you brokies !!!  <^(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:03 AM by keren_b »
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #3289 on: May 10, 2008, 04:56 AM »
 lots of new photos. Music: 'Hallelujah' by brilliant, true blue Aussie artist, Vince Jones"

and a funny one.. "Heath wasn't only gorgeous but had the greatest sense of humour"...<^(
* edit by mod

Whatching them, I felt the need to share it with you brokies !!
thanks for sharing hpv :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:03 AM by keren_b »

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3290 on: May 10, 2008, 05:27 AM »
Thanks,Henna,they're really beautiful¡ It's amazing to see how many persons loved,and love,Heath... :ghug:

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #3291 on: May 10, 2008, 10:03 AM »

and a funny one.. "Heath wasn't only gorgeous but had the greatest sense of humour"...
* edit by mod

Thanks, hpv, I love them.  :ghug:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:04 AM by keren_b »
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline jessi

• Jack
  • Till sunrise runs out of paint, even after...
« Reply #3292 on: May 10, 2008, 10:50 AM »
I would love to build a memorial with some Brokies. I was where his body laid in that chapel in Los Angeles the morning after, but I didn't know he had been mourned there.  It is just a place I find peace.  I'll have to let my tears and words be my memorial for now.  Lucky are those who came together and found a way of laying something down to find some peace.

jessi
I'm like one tiny insignificant star,
where your wonder shines on.

No thunder, not a storm
just rain, soft as tears wetting a cheek,
wiped with the ground. Mountain, heart stomped,
moans.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3293 on: May 10, 2008, 11:12 AM »
 :ghug: Jessi I'm glad you have a place that brings you peace. And we are all laying memorial together with each word here- it doesn't always have to be something physical-anytime one of us reaches out to give or receive comfort or to share we are laying down what may be the best memorial there is- shared love, compassion and understanding that that beautiful soul was a big part of inspiring in both life and death.  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline jessi

• Jack
  • Till sunrise runs out of paint, even after...
« Reply #3294 on: May 10, 2008, 12:03 PM »

Where can I build a memorial,
place stones and flowers for you,
far away from shore,
miles out to sea,
for you never just tread at the edge?
Where can I place tear soaked stones,
in middle of a desert where sun shines brightest,
and endless miles to roam, where great beauty
is hard to find,
the rarest of all hoarded?
Where can I bow in pain, choke on sobs,
build my memorial for you,
a mountain, in fields of wildflowers where not one
shows a glance of your greatness, or
a forest,
is there a tree magnificent enough, so tall and sturdy,
to put stones beneath, or
prairies...great plains washed pure enough for your compassion,
understanding,
my love?
Sweet angel,
my eyes and senses have been blessed
with heavenly sights,
this earth,
more magnificence than my soul should know,
I've seen,
but none,
not one,
worthy enough to place a stone
in memory.
Sweet angel,
all I have,
lifelong love
and thoughts,
heart full of your wonder, memories,
my words,
singing of you,
my memorial, sweet baby,
how, oh Lord how,
can I build a memorial for you?

jessi
5-10-08
forever

« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 12:13 PM by jessi »
I'm like one tiny insignificant star,
where your wonder shines on.

No thunder, not a storm
just rain, soft as tears wetting a cheek,
wiped with the ground. Mountain, heart stomped,
moans.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #3295 on: May 10, 2008, 12:17 PM »
  Dear jessi - so beautiful and most of all, so heartfelt.  It's human nature to want that memorial place we can go, to remember.  But the only one I know of that will last, is us. I'd love to see that place we could go, but strangely enough, or maybe not so strangely, we are, ourselves, the memorial to Heath.  Each in our own way.  The outside world would never understand.  Again, keep writing, jessi - for us and our sweet angel.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #3296 on: May 10, 2008, 01:54 PM »
  Dear Hpv - those videos, posted above, were great!  The Hallelujah one had one of the best series of photos I've seen. The references to King David were there for a reason, though, and I wonder if the artist was VERY subtly exploring the human frailties we must expect would be there.  Especially, given the quotes.
   The other video had a lot of good humor, but now am mystified how I knew the tune was "Havah Negilah" (spelling?)?  Brought back memories of singing that song at my sister's home, with wild abandon.  It's been so many years, and I can't remember HOW it came into my life.  But it sure is a song for Heath, given his energy and willingness to dance, wild and free, through life.  Loved them both, and thanks.

Offline titabeille

• Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #3297 on: May 10, 2008, 02:34 PM »

* edit by mod

Thank you very much dear hpv for those wonderful videos...The second is the best because it makes us smile  ^f^ :c)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:05 AM by keren_b »

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3298 on: May 10, 2008, 03:38 PM »
  Dear Hpv - those videos, posted above, were great!  The Hallelujah one had one of the best series of photos I've seen. The references to King David were there for a reason, though, and I wonder if the artist was VERY subtly exploring the human frailties we must expect would be there.  Especially, given the quotes.
   The other video had a lot of good humor, but now am mystified how I knew the tune was "Havah Negilah" (spelling?)?  Brought back memories of singing that song at my sister's home, with wild abandon.  It's been so many years, and I can't remember HOW it came into my life.  But it sure is a song for Heath, given his energy and willingness to dance, wild and free, through life.  Loved them both, and thanks.
The spelling is "Havah Nagilah" meaning lets be merry.. so it's quite appropriate for the video... I needed  something to put a smile on the face (TDK..)

jessi it's a beautiful shore for Heaths' place    :ghug:

Offline titabeille

• Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #3299 on: May 10, 2008, 03:55 PM »

For you dear brokies. I have cut a lot of first pages magazines to make a "patchwork"..: Hope you'll enjoy it.

I still miss him...And what about you ?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 10:34 PM by chameau »