Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1738294 times)

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #2400 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:15 PM »

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #2401 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:21 PM »
Hi Everyone,
It's been a few days since I've read this thread, I just needed to find a happier one for a bit, but I signed on to the main site and saw that the memorial banner was changed. It took me a second to realize what was different, then it really upset me. I started to feel like I was suddenly the only one left not over this horrible reality, so I decided to check back on all of you. I'm sorry to see so many still hurting, but glad to see everyone still sticking together and supporting each other. I share your pain, anger, and hurt, and one day soon, hope to share in the future, the tuff realization that we have carried on, NOT FORGOTTEN, but carried on. But not there yet. I will be with some wonderful Brokies in Las Vegas soon, I hope all of you find your ways of dealing with this. I send all of you on this thread my love and hugs---Jess:)

:t) jessica, our memorial banner is a link between all of us  :ghug:
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #2402 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Hi Everyone,
It's been a few days since I've read this thread, I just needed to find a happier one for a bit, but I signed on to the main site and saw that the memorial banner was changed. It took me a second to realize what was different, then it really upset me. I started to feel like I was suddenly the only one left not over this horrible reality, so I decided to check back on all of you. I'm sorry to see so many still hurting, but glad to see everyone still sticking together and supporting each other. I share your pain, anger, and hurt, and one day soon, hope to share in the future, the tuff realization that we have carried on, NOT FORGOTTEN, but carried on. But not there yet. I will be with some wonderful Brokies in Las Vegas soon, I hope all of you find your ways of dealing with this. I send all of you on this thread my love and hugs---Jess:)

Hi Jess

You can be sure that the fact the banner has changed does not mean that we are "over it". Personally I don't know when will I ever be over it, it still hurts so much. I feel like Heath is a part of me and my heart will need a long time to heal. I'm definitely not there yet. But like you said, while we will never forget, we need to carry on. We'll carry on because we have to, and we'll also carry him in our hearts, forever. Heath will never be forgotten, not here.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2403 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Hi Jess

You can be sure that the fact the banner has changed does not mean that we are "over it". Personally I don't know when will I ever be over it, it still hurts so much. I feel like Heath is a part of me and my heart will need a long time to heal. I'm definitely not there yet. But like you said, while we will never forget, we need to carry on. We'll carry on because we have to, and we'll also carry him in our hearts, forever. Heath will never be forgotten, not here.

Beautifully said, Keren.  I agree.  Whilst it was sad to see the Memorial banner gone, I felt happy to see the dozy embrace banner, because it reminded me of what we are all doing here...to celebrate the most beautiful love story, and whilst the banner of Heath may be gone, our thoughts and memories of him are not, and never will be. 
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2404 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:34 PM »
Hi Jess

well said keren i ditto everything you have just said :)

Offline cowgirlKt!

• Alma
  • brokeback dreaming....
« Reply #2405 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:36 PM »
im going to try my hardest to compress my feelings for heath into one messages and actually try and make it worth posting here i cant promise this will happen though.

well where to start. first of all im glad all of you amazing people are here for me to share my thoughts with it means alot to me you guys are here to speak to. i was just wanting to say for all we are grieving for heath with good reason his shocking and un-timely death has shuck us all to our cors and im sad to say has even caused certain members to feel they cannot stay here now and that it doesnt feel the same :(. i feel grief is a neccesary in times like this what kind off people would be if we just tried to forget i know i will never stop grieving for heath nor would i want to grief should never dissapear it would be a crime against heath to forget.
    i truely beleive heath lives on in the people he met or other wise affected by films interviews etc. it is extreamly important to me we honour heaths memorie and never try or wish to forget.
heath tought me love is extreamly important no matter what form it is a friendly love or an admiration of one teachings and it is important for me to stand up for what i beleive in. with out heath i would most deffinatly be a different person the way he accted and the things he said tought me so much about hummanity and yes i grieve for him just as we all do, but im sure we will meet him again after we to have left this life and when we do i would not like to be the person who tried to forget him.

heath is the gone this is true but only when we forget about him will he be truely gone thats why i refuse to do this.

sorry for rambling its probably non-sense i have a problem when im wrighting from the heart i dont listen to the head much thanks for listening.

:^^) Beautiful post and its not rambling they are heartfelt words and you are right,he lives on in anyone whose life he touched and he will lie on in the films we watch him in <^(

Firstly, I'm sorry to intrude, ???

But as a lurker over the last month I felt the need to register to say thanks to everyone here who's posted. There have been many many beautiful posts that I've felt moved by, and in light of Heath's untimely departure from us, it's brought great comfort to know that I'm not the only one feeling like this and that it's ok to feel like this too.

I'll let you get back to it now and thanks once again. xx

hiya welcome to the board, im glad you have found us and youre not intruding!!! :ghug: we are all Brokies together here and anyone is welcome to join, afterall we all share one thing in common our love for Brokeback. <^(  Glad you found this place so you realise how you feel is normal and we all feel the same. Hope you continue to post and read and enjoy being here! :^^) x

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2406 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:55 PM »
hiya welcome to the board, im glad you have found us and youre not intruding!!! :ghug: we are all Brokies together here and anyone is welcome to join, afterall we all share one thing in common our love for Brokeback. <^(  Glad you found this place so you realise how you feel is normal and we all feel the same. Hope you continue to post and read and enjoy being here! :^^) x

I second that :)

Offline Hayley

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #2407 on: Feb 26, 2008, 05:37 PM »
:^^) Beautiful post and its not rambling they are heartfelt words and you are right,he lives on in anyone whose life he touched and he will lie on in the films we watch him in <^(

Aww thanks cowgirlkit and zankou1991. It does seem like a lovely group of people here, so I'll probably post more.

I just didn't want to intrude on what seems like a close group of friends, and seem pushy. 

And on a Heath related note, I really can't believe five weeks have gone by
When you read about somebody special
who has met an untimely end
although you didn't even know them personally
feels like you've lost a friend

Miss you Heath, till next time xx

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2408 on: Feb 26, 2008, 05:40 PM »
Aww thanks cowgirlkit and zankou1991. It does seem like a lovely group of people here, so I'll probably post more.

I just didn't want to intrude on what seems like a close group of friends, and seem pushy. 

And on a Heath related note, I really can't believe five weeks have gone by

i dont think anyone can beleive how long its been it still seem like some kind off nightmare and yes we are all quite a close knit community here but i only joined last week and already feel part of it please feel welcome im sure i speak for everyone here when i say we are always looking for new brokies to befriend

Offline Hayley

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #2409 on: Feb 26, 2008, 05:55 PM »
i dont think anyone can beleive how long its been it still seem like some kind off nightmare and yes we are all quite a close knit community here but i only joined last week and already feel part of it please feel welcome im sure i speak for everyone here when i say we are always looking for new brokies to befriend

The sad thing is, it seems like only yesterday I found out, and also at the same time, months ago. I don;t know it's hard to explain. But like you, I'm still in many ways waiting to wake up and find all is right with the world, and yet know it'll never be the same again.  :(

Thanks again for the warm welcome

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2410 on: Feb 26, 2008, 06:06 PM »
The sad thing is, it seems like only yesterday I found out, and also at the same time, months ago. I don;t know it's hard to explain. But like you, I'm still in many ways waiting to wake up and find all is right with the world, and yet know it'll never be the same again.  :(

Thanks again for the warm welcome

yes i dont know if this feeling ever ends but im sure it gets easier with time even if it takes years.

another thing that has made me sad is the fact that i feel so sad about heath who i never met face to face sadder even then i did when family members of mine have died i think this is just because my family members were not so young and i did meet them most of them i have lost were older relatives who had fulfilled most of their ambitions is it wrong for me to feel so bad for heath when i wasnt that sad for family members?

sorry for tangling you up in my mellow-drama

Offline Hayley

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #2411 on: Feb 26, 2008, 06:29 PM »
yes i dont know if this feeling ever ends but im sure it gets easier with time even if it takes years.

another thing that has made me sad is the fact that i feel so sad about heath who i never met face to face sadder even then i did when family members of mine have died i think this is just because my family members were not so young and i did meet them most of them i have lost were older relatives who had fulfilled most of their ambitions is it wrong for me to feel so bad for heath when i wasnt that sad for family members?

sorry for tangling you up in my mellow-drama

Oh no I do understand,. While any death is sad, it is worse I think when a young person dies with so much left to do, as opposed to someone older. I've had to deal with a few younger deaths in my life and always found them more of a struggle to deal with than older people.

It's all the wasted potential they had, their chance to fully realise their potential and achieve all their dreams, watch their kids grow up etc that just makes it seem unfair. After hearing about Heath, all I could think (& this might make me sound like a horrible person) is why take Heath, why not take someone who's seriously ill and ease their suffering.

It makes you realise how unfair life can be and to make the most of every minute. Live for today and not tomorrow

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2412 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:30 PM »
Oh no I do understand,. While any death is sad, it is worse I think when a young person dies with so much left to do, as opposed to someone older. I've had to deal with a few younger deaths in my life and always found them more of a struggle to deal with than older people.

It's all the wasted potential they had, their chance to fully realise their potential and achieve all their dreams, watch their kids grow up etc that just makes it seem unfair. After hearing about Heath, all I could think (& this might make me sound like a horrible person) is why take Heath, why not take someone who's seriously ill and ease their suffering.

It makes you realise how unfair life can be and to make the most of every minute. Live for today and not tomorrow

thanks im glad there are people here who no what im saying and take the time to respond :t)

Offline jessi

• Jack
  • Till sunrise runs out of paint, even after...
« Reply #2413 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:57 PM »
thanks im glad there are people here who no what im saying and take the time to respond :t)

Time is not something there is always enough of, never enough.  Heath shines in my heart, quietly most of the time, gently, sweetly and helps me remember, live fully today, remember richly yesterdays and dream heartily of tomorrows, he surely did. And he knew the power of peace, he wanted that for himself and others.  He has it now, at a great cost.  He'd want us to also.  I guess he'd know how hard it is coming though, too.

jessi
I'm like one tiny insignificant star,
where your wonder shines on.

No thunder, not a storm
just rain, soft as tears wetting a cheek,
wiped with the ground. Mountain, heart stomped,
moans.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2414 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:58 PM »
Time is not something there is always enough of, never enough.  Heath shines in my heart, quietly most of the time, gently, sweetly and helps me remember, live fully today, remember richly yesterdays and dream heartily of tomorrows, he surely did. And he knew the power of peace, he wanted that for himself and others.  He has it now, at a great cost.  He'd want us to also.  I guess he'd know how hard it is coming though, too.

jessi

yer good point,
right im gonna go now night every one

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #2415 on: Feb 26, 2008, 09:55 PM »
Hello Brokies

I don't really have much to say tonight, only a favor for all of you  ::)
I know I have already asked everyone but I still working on getting quotes to be put into my collage
And I'm getting a lot from writers and poets when I really want some from members right here at ennisjack.com!
So PLEASE, if you have any posts that you've wrote and you thought a line from your post was pretty good, send it to me and I can see what I can do
I will not put any quote onto the collage without permission from you first!!
Also, I'm still collecting pictures and If you have any one that you love, please PM them to me as well
Thank you everyone and I wish you all a good night  ^f^
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2416 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:11 AM »
Hello Brokies

I don't really have much to say tonight, only a favor for all of you  ::)
I know I have already asked everyone but I still working on getting quotes to be put into my collage
And I'm getting a lot from writers and poets when I really want some from members right here at ennisjack.com!
So PLEASE, if you have any posts that you've wrote and you thought a line from your post was pretty good, send it to me and I can see what I can do
I will not put any quote onto the collage without permission from you first!!
Also, I'm still collecting pictures and If you have any one that you love, please PM them to me as well
Thank you everyone and I wish you all a good night  ^f^

i dont think you will but if you see something you like in my posts feel free to take it just PM me :)

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #2417 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:14 PM »
I found myself avoiding this thread for a few days now,it become to much to bear for me, everything reminded me here that he's gone and nothing will bring him back.Sorry for being such a nuisance, but that is my sad reality now, he is in my heart forever, and the nightmare isn't over....So I tried to occupy myself with something else...
Today I thought that I can't stay away any longer and started reading all of your posts here, then I saw LJNs' and carbys' posts and was struck by it's sad resolution... OMG...:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Still I must thank you all for the comforting words  %)
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #2418 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:20 PM »
I found myself avoiding this thread for a few days now,it become to much to bear for me, everything reminded me here that he's gone and nothing will bring him back.Sorry for being such a nuisance, but that is my sad reality now, he is in my heart forever, and the nightmare isn't over....So I tried to occupy myself with something else...
Today I thought that I can't stay away any longer and started reading all of your posts here, then I saw LJNs' and carbys' posts and was struck by it's sad resolution... OMG...:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Still I must thank you all for the comforting words  %)

I know how you feel. I was trying to think of something else to do to keep my mind of Heath but It didn't work and It helped comming here and get the support from everyone
 :ghug:
 %) all
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2419 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:22 PM »
I know how you feel. I was trying to think of something else to do to keep my mind of Heath but It didn't work and It helped comming here and get the support from everyone
 :ghug:
 %) all

the worst way to grieve is alone its not impossible to get through but its much harder then grieving in a community of others who feel the same way and support you and are supported by you its a very delicate balance.

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #2420 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:26 PM »
the worst way to grieve is alone its not impossible to get through but its much harder then grieving in a community of others who feel the same way and support you and are supported by you its a very delicate balance.

:)
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #2421 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Thanx  for that..
BTW, congrats on your 500 posts it makes you Jaked... ^f^
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2422 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Thanx  for that..
BTW, congrats on your 500 posts it makes you Jaked... ^f^

:t) and no problem for the comment :) i am a strong beleiver of what i said, grief is easier to deal with in good company :)

Offline ayasha

• scatterheart
  • Jack + Ennis
  • never enough...
« Reply #2423 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:52 PM »
O day! he cannot die
when thou so fair art shining!
O Sun, in such a glorious sky,
so tranquilly declining;

He cannot leave thee now,
while fresh west winds are blowing,
and all around his youthful brow
thy cheerful light is glowing!

(...) awake, awake
the golden evening gleams
warm and bright on Arden's lake -
arouse thee from thy dreams!

Beside thee, on my knee,
my dearest friend! I pray
that thou, to cross the eternal sea,
wouldst yet one hour delay

(...)

Emily Brönte
"And then the day came,
when the risk
to remain tight
in a bud
was more painful
than the risk
it took to blossom"

Anaïs Nin

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2424 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:58 PM »
O day! he cannot die
when thou so fair art shining!
O Sun, in such a glorious sky,
so tranquilly declining;

He cannot leave thee now,
while fresh west winds are blowing,
and all around his youthful brow
thy cheerful light is glowing!

(...) awake, awake
the golden evening gleams
warm and bright on Arden's lake -
arouse thee from thy dreams!

Beside thee, on my knee,
my dearest friend! I pray
that thou, to cross the eternal sea,
wouldst yet one hour delay

(...)

Emily Brönte

i love it so true to this situation.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2425 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:51 PM »
I really have nothing to offer today except  :ghug: but I just had to stop in.

That's a beautiful poem by Emily Bronte.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2426 on: Feb 28, 2008, 06:20 AM »
I really have nothing to offer today except  :ghug: but I just had to stop in.

That's a beautiful poem by Emily Bronte.

:ghug: is a wonderful thing to offer sometimes the best gesture is a silent one

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #2427 on: Feb 28, 2008, 09:28 AM »
zankou1991, I am so glad you've been here these last few weeks. Your comments remind me of what others have been saying about Heath, that he was a young man with an old soul. And you remind me of someone else equally young, with an equally wonderful spirit, lolita_19.

Thank you for being here, and sharing your humor, your observations, your comments, and most of all your good company.  :ghug: :t)

:ghug: is a wonderful thing to offer sometimes the best gesture is a silent one

:t) and no problem for the comment :) i am a strong beleiver of what i said, grief is easier to deal with in good company :)

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2428 on: Feb 28, 2008, 09:31 AM »
zankou1991, I am so glad you've been here these last few weeks. Your comments remind me of what others have been saying about Heath, that he was a young man with an old soul. And you remind me of someone else equally young, with an equally wonderful spirit, lolita_19.

Thank you for being here, and sharing your humor, your observations, your comments, and most of all your good company.  :ghug: :t)

no problem thanks for the comment :)

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2429 on: Feb 28, 2008, 11:21 AM »
It really is all the difference just to have this group, in this place, to come to during this time.  ^f^ I feel a little bit better today, although I did shed a few tears in the car when I'm Already There came on the radio: :\'(

He called her on the road
From a lonely cold hotel room
Just to hear her say I love you one more time
And when he heard the sound
Of the kids laughing in the background
He had to wipe away a tear from his eye
A little voice came on the phone
And said "Daddy when you coming home"
He said the first thing that came to his mind

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there

She got back on the phone
Said I really miss you darling
Don't worry about the kids they'll be alright
Wish I was in your arms
Lying right there beside you
But I know that I'll be in your dreams tonight
And I'll gently kiss your lips
Touch you with my fingertips
So turn out the light and close your eyes

I'm already there
Don't make a sound
I'm the beat in your heart
I'm the moonlight shining down
And I'll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there

We may be a thousand miles apart
But I'll be with you wherever you are

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
And I'll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there
Oh I'm already there

~ ~ ~ ~

So it comes and it goes, but at the end of the day, he's still gone and we're still here. So I wrap up my sorrow over the first, inside of my gratitude for the second, and try to smile for everything he had while he was here and everything he gave us that we still have, and each day is a little better than the one before. Thanks to all of you for being a part of my healing process. :ghug:
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)