Author Topic: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!  (Read 135487 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!
« Reply #270 on: Sep 27, 2009, 02:51 PM »
Thank you for posting it Theresa, I wanted to let people know the new dates... have you seen that Tizi, there's a release date for Austria!
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #271 on: Sep 28, 2009, 05:43 AM »
Thank you for posting it Theresa, I wanted to let people know the new dates... have you seen that Tizi, there's a release date for Austria!

i saw it thank you!  ^f^
they postponed it.. it was set for december...
but it's ok, as long as we get to see it  :)
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #272 on: Sep 30, 2009, 12:34 PM »
Please take a moment and read this very important request!!!

DEMAND The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus For Your Town TODAY!

USA members and friends of the USA, we know we are dealing with a limited release. Now is the time to “demand” Dr. Parnassus for your town. Go to the link below and demand Dr. Parnassus. Demand it for your hometown and then send it to your friends and other fans with like minds asking them to also go to this link and demand The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus. Go to the link below and make a demand for your city. If a demand has already been made for your city, then join that current demand. Spread the word EVERYWHERE right away please. We need all of you to participate.

This form of demanding on this website resulted in wide release for the new indie film “Paranormal Activity”. Let’s make it happen for Doctor Parnassus. Please participate and spread the word. Please read the LA Times article about this after the link below:

NOTE: Be sure to go to the “Change” scroll menu at the top left to select your own zip code when you make your demand so that it registers for your city.

http://eventful.com/losangeles/demand/the-imaginarium-of-doctor-parnassus-/D0-001-003625145-3/join

Paranormal Activity’ moves into wider release

Following “Paranormal Activity’s” robust debut in a handful of midnight screenings last weekend, Paramount Pictures said Monday that it is bringing its micro-budget thriller to 20 more cities on Friday. Paramount said more than 200,000 fans have registered interest in the movie via a “Paranormal” website, and writer-director Oren Peli’s $15,000 movie about a couple’s nocturnal nightmare will be coming to many of the cities representing the greatest interest.

The studio said the cities with the highest demand for exclusive midnight showings included Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Dallas, Houston, San Diego, Phoenix, San Francisco and Philadelphia. The movie will also come to Atlanta, Miami, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Denver, Detroit, Baltimore, Sacramento, San Jose and Tampa.

– John Horn

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #273 on: Oct 06, 2009, 11:09 AM »
Please please everyone, this is very important!!! if you haven't done that already, please go to this link and demand Dr Parnassus in your town!

Please also tell everyone you can about this, write it on your facebook, livejournal, twitter, everywhere you can. we need more demands.

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/2009/09/30/demand-the-imaginarium-of-doctor-parnassus-for-your-town-today/

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #274 on: Oct 07, 2009, 10:12 AM »
   Done and done

:cb:

Thank you!  :^^)

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #275 on: Oct 08, 2009, 03:02 PM »
The Dr. Parnassus Support Site Is Taking It To The Streets - Taking It Directly To The People - In London, this Saturday, October 10, 2009!!!!!  If you're in London be sure to stop by if you see one of us and lend a smile and a hello!  We're taking it to the streets for Heath.

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/2009/10/08/dr-parnassus-support-site-fans-to-hit-the-streets-of-london-this-saturday-101009-in-sandwich-boards-to-spread-t/
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #276 on: Oct 11, 2009, 02:13 PM »
Exclusive Video - Personal Special Thank You From The Gilliam Family To Fans At Dr. Parnassus Support Site

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/2009/10/09/exclusive-video-personal-special-thank-you-from-the-gilliam-family-to-fans-at-dr-parnassus-support-site/

What a beautiful family!  <^( <^( <^(

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #277 on: Oct 11, 2009, 04:08 PM »
aww, what a gorgeous video  :)  They seem such nice, genuine people with so much enthusiasm for the film and for the support forum. It was so nice to have all the Gilliam siblings together too  :)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #278 on: Oct 12, 2009, 10:53 AM »
aww, what a gorgeous video  :)  They seem such nice, genuine people with so much enthusiasm for the film and for the support forum. It was so nice to have all the Gilliam siblings together too  :)

they're a nice trio, aren't they Christie? Terry must be really proud of them. and it was awfully nice of them to thank us like that.

Now, take a look at this!

FABULOUS NEW VIDEO! Fans Take Dr. Parnassus To The Streets Of London!

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/2009/10/11/fabulous-new-video-fans-take-dr-parnassus-to-the-streets-of-london/

Now this is what I call dedication. My hat's off to these people!  (:* (:* (:* (:* (:*

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #279 on: Oct 12, 2009, 01:33 PM »
Now this is what I call dedication. My hat's off to these people!  (:* (:* (:* (:* (:*

You bet!  :clap:
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #280 on: Oct 12, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Aren't they just beautiful!  I'm so proud of them.  We're going to do it in LA as well for anyone who wants to join us and also I'm looking to find a group to help me do it in NYC if anyone is interested.  Please just contact me or Keren.  It should be fabulous fun.  Then hopefully we can do it in other cities.  We'd like to do it around the world.  Just let me know if you're interested in doing it in your city.  These people had the time of their lives.  Heath would have loved this. 
Theresa

vedrana

« Reply #281 on: Oct 12, 2009, 02:50 PM »
The video is fabulous! &**) &**) &**)

So much has been done for the movie and I hope that it will pay off :clap:!!

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #282 on: Oct 12, 2009, 03:57 PM »
I agree with Loreen, that video is fantastic!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done to all those who took part, I don't think thats an easy thing to do, but everyone seemed to have got in the spirit and really worked hard!  I applaud them all... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #283 on: Oct 16, 2009, 08:49 AM »
Theresa, I'd love to participate in the NYC effort but it all comes down to scheduling and whether I'd be able to travel at that time. I'll keep an eye out for updates.  :)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #284 on: Oct 16, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Aren't they just beautiful!  I'm so proud of them.  We're going to do it in LA as well for anyone who wants to join us and also I'm looking to find a group to help me do it in NYC if anyone is interested.  Please just contact me or Keren.  It should be fabulous fun.  Then hopefully we can do it in other cities.  We'd like to do it around the world.  Just let me know if you're interested in doing it in your city.  These people had the time of their lives.  Heath would have loved this. 

Yes,this video is beautiful and Heath would have been so inmensely proud of all these persons who are doing so much for his movie... :_( I would like to do it in Barcelona,why not?.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #285 on: Oct 16, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Theresa, I'd love to participate in the NYC effort but it all comes down to scheduling and whether I'd be able to travel at that time. I'll keep an eye out for updates.  :)

Ok sweetheart, you let me know when you're available and we'll work from there.  You are the one helping us here, let us know how we can accomodate you please and we'll work it out. 
Theresa

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #286 on: Oct 16, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Yes,this video is beautiful and Heath would have been so inmensely proud of all these persons who are doing so much for his movie... :_( I would like to do it in Barcelona,why not?.

Fantastic!  Please pm me and tell me what you'd like to do and we'll work on it together!  that would be fabulous.  Heath would just be bursting with pride at you guys.  You are so wonderful.
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #287 on: Oct 18, 2009, 10:50 AM »
The Time is NOW To Tell Your Local Theater I Want The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus

US Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus Fans and Fans Around The World, Terry Gilliam Fans, Fans Of The Cast! The time has come NOW, TODAY, to contact not only your own local theater and ask them to bring The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus to their screen, but to also help your friends around the USA by contacting theaters in their areas for as well. One email to a theater will not accomplish our goal or get the movie to your town. We must work as a team and help each other just as we have helped our friends around the world. It will take many emails and it will take team work. Why are we putting a concentrated effort into contacting US theaters? Because the USA is more than 50% of the world film market and because many other countries, perhaps your own or that of a dear friend, have changed their release dates until after the film opens in the USA and their, perhaps YOUR distribution will be affected by how the film does in the US. Logic dictates that it is important that we hit the US market hard and NOW. It will benefit many, many people in many countries.

It has been made clear by the CEO of Sony Picture Classics that you are going to have to show you want this film by providing an audience if you want it in your town. You must create demand. The way to do that is let your local theaters know that you want The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus. Email them, call them, email and call theaters around the country. Those of you who live outside the USA please help as well, email theaters on our USA list for the benefit of fans who live in the USA, just as they have and will contact theaters in your country to help you see the film in your hometown.

This is not a time where we can sit back and say I sure hope this movie comes to my town and I get to see it. If you really want to see it, take a few minutes of your time each day and let the theaters know it. If you do not participate and you are not proactive then it will most definitely affect whether or not you or your friends around the world see the movie. It’s not enough to just want it, you must act. You must walk the walk and talk the talk. Be a team and do it for one another. Whatever your reason may be for wanting to see this movie, whether you want to see Heath Ledger’s final performance, or you are a huge Johnny Depp fan or Colin Farrell fan or Terry Gilliam fan, you need to show them how big of a fan you are and do this. Trust me, you do not want to have to see this movie on dvd, it’s just too glorious and wonderful for that. I can tell you that from my own experience because I have seen the film. It’s incredible and there is absolutely no way a small screen can convey what this movie intends for you to garner from it.

We are providing you with a list of theaters that you have sent to us where you would like to see the movie in the US as well as a growing list of other pertinent theaters around America so that you can have their contact information all in one place right here on the homepage and it will be more convenient for you to contact them. The list will be updated as we get more and more information.

Remember, you have a voice and you have a right to see this movie in your hometown, but if you don’t tell your local theater you want it, they do not know. If fans can win wide release for Paranormal Activity, then there is absolutely no reason we cannot do this. If they can care enough to change the future of a film so can we, they don’t have anything we don’t have.

For theaters that we do not have email addresses for, we certainly do not expect anyone to make long distance or international calls, we will leave calling those theaters to those with the resources to do so, but you can email those with email addresses or send a letter to them.

So join us now. From around the world, demand The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus around the USA. Guys, I’m not kidding about this, we need to become proactive and we need to start doing it now. Not one or two of us but hundreds, thousands of us. I know how many people visit this site every day and there’s simply no reason we can’t make this happen.

I will be putting a link to this post which will contain the list of theaters in the side bar of the homepage here as well so that you can always access it easily so that you can continue your efforts.

Send this list to everyone you know and ask them to help. Ask them to do it for you, for everyone. Spread the word everywhere you can TODAY, NOW.

Thank you all so much for your time and your efforts in this. You are absolutely the best. You are more appreciated than you could ever know. Now, come on guys, Dr. Parnassus fans around the world, LET’S DO THIS!

CLICK HERE FOR YOUR USA THEATER LIST: http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&p=12629#p12629

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #288 on: Oct 18, 2009, 12:12 PM »
If you are from out of the USA and want to help us, you can use a gmail address as they do not indicate anyone's country.  We would be most appreciative of you help.
Theresa

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #289 on: Oct 18, 2009, 12:13 PM »
I've just had a very sweet experience I wanted to share with all of you. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed right now and deeply worried that we won't have the help needed and the enthusiasm to get Dr. P out there and that I will let Heath down along with my now much beloved Terry and Amy and you guys and it's weighing on me. I'm scared and I'm very worried.

I've felt this way for a few weeks.

Today I was sitting here and Heath flitted across my mind as he so often does. He was a wise one that boy. Then very clearly I started to hear, in my mind, one of his favorite songs. An oldie that he loved and sang so well. It's an old song called Love Is The Answer by England Dan and John Ford Coley. Written way before Heath's time but he was a lover of all music regardless of age. He loved lyrics. Anyway, I digress.

As this song went through my mind, in it's entirety mind you, as if I were listening to it on the radio, I couldn't help but smile. I'm still just as scared and just as worried, but I feel a lot less alone. I feel like my guardian angel is at least there to understand and be there with me.

Love Is The Answer
By England Dan and John Ford Coley

Name your price
A ticket to paradise
I can't stay here anymore

And I've looked high and low
I've been from shore
To shore to shore

If there's a shortcut
I'd have found it
But there is no
Easy way around it

Light of the world, shine on me
Love is the answer
Shine on us all, set us free
Love is the answer

Who knows why
Someday, we all must die
We're all homeless boys and girls
And we are never heard

It's such a lonely
Lonely, lonely world
People turn their heads
And walk on by, tell me
Is it worth just another try

Love is the answer (let it shine)
Love is the answer

Tell me, are we alive
Or just a dying planet
(What are the chances)
Ask the man in your heart
For the answer

And when you feel afraid
(Love one another)
When you've lost your way
(Love one another)

And when you're all alone
(Love one another)
And when you're far from home
(Love one another)

And when you're down and out
(Love one another)
And when your hopes run out
(Love one another)

And when you need a friend
(Love one another)
And when you're near the end
(Love, we got to love
We got to love one another)

Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Love is the answer
(Shine, shine, shine)
Love is the answer

Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Love is the answer....
Theresa

vedrana

« Reply #290 on: Oct 18, 2009, 04:04 PM »
 :_( :_( :_(

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #291 on: Oct 18, 2009, 10:15 PM »
Aww, thanks for sharing that. :ghug:
(I love England Dan and John Ford Coley, by the way)

And you know you could never let Heath, or any of us, down. We'll make this distribution happen and even if it didn't get as wide a release as we'd want, nothing could diminish what you've done and the effort you've put into this pursuit. And beyond just getting the film into theatres, this whole exercise has been a truly gorgeous testament to the amazing amount of love and appreciation that so many people have for Heath and for what he gave us in his too short time on the earth. I personally will always remember this tangible demonstration of that love and the way all these people have come together to honor him as a group. Makes me feel very proud to be a part of it. Thank you for that. :^^)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #292 on: Oct 18, 2009, 10:36 PM »

And you know you could never let Heath, or any of us, down. We'll make this distribution happen and even if it didn't get as wide a release as we'd want, nothing could diminish what you've done and the effort you've put into this pursuit. And beyond just getting the film into theatres, this whole exercise has been a truly gorgeous testament to the amazing amount of love and appreciation that so many people have for Heath and for what he gave us in his too short time on the earth. I personally will always remember this tangible demonstration of that love and the way all these people have come together to honor him as a group. Makes me feel very proud to be a part of it. Thank you for that. :^^)

Oh, thank you so much.  Love is a very powerful thing.  It can definitely move mountains.
Theresa

vedrana

« Reply #293 on: Oct 19, 2009, 12:00 AM »

Lovely put, Barb! }s{

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #294 on: Oct 19, 2009, 11:26 AM »
Thank you for sharing this little Heath's "secret" with us,Theresa ¡. :ghug: Music has indeed a great power to join people and to get to know better how the others are.And doubtless we are knowing Heath's way of being little by little better,and what we discover makes us love him more... :)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #295 on: Oct 19, 2009, 02:05 PM »
If you are from out of the USA and want to help us, you can use a gmail address as they do not indicate anyone's country.  We would be most appreciative of you help.

I have an Israeli email address so I opened a gmail account and I'm pretending to be a US citizen... ;D c'mon guys, help me with this!

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #296 on: Oct 19, 2009, 02:37 PM »
I have an Israeli email address so I opened a gmail account and I'm pretending to be a US citizen... ;D c'mon guys, help me with this!

We know that they are going to email you back and say they don't know yet when they'll have it or that kind of thing.  That's what we expect, but our asking for it is what will make them try to get the film so it is vital that we do this.  It shows them, hey, we have an audience out there for this movie, a lot of people and we'd better get it in our theater.
Theresa

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #297 on: Oct 23, 2009, 10:07 AM »
Such beautiful things have come of this journey to support Heath's final film and I can see his hand all over them.  I wanted to share with you that right now I am helping set up a small event with an amazing young man in London who adores this film and adores Heath.  This young man has many dear, blind or deaf and blind friends whom he has helped appreciate movies for years.  He took them to see Dr. Parnassus when it opened in London and came to me to see if I could help him find the filming locations, which I have done.  He is now going to take them to the locations and using a very special kind of sign language for those who can't see or hear, will tranlate the movie to them via touch and smell.  I'm absolutely in tears over the beauty of this.  My dad was blind and this holds a very special place in my heart.  This is such a testament to this film, to Terry and to Heath.
Theresa

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #298 on: Oct 23, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Such beautiful things have come of this journey to support Heath's final film and I can see his hand all over them.  I wanted to share with you that right now I am helping set up a small event with an amazing young man in London who adores this film and adores Heath.  This young man has many dear, blind or deaf and blind friends whom he has helped appreciate movies for years.  He took them to see Dr. Parnassus when it opened in London and came to me to see if I could help him find the filming locations, which I have done.  He is now going to take them to the locations and using a very special kind of sign language for those who can't see or hear, will tranlate the movie to them via touch and smell.  I'm absolutely in tears over the beauty of this.  My dad was blind and this holds a very special place in my heart.  This is such a testament to this film, to Terry and to Heath.

What you explain is just touching,Theresa ¡ It shows how beauty can be felt,beyond any physical lack,because we see,hear and touch it with our soul.And Heath's physical and moral beauty will be felt forever,even for those who never knew him.You're lucky to have been his friend;no,better said,TO BE HIS FRIEND. :_(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #299 on: Oct 23, 2009, 11:10 AM »
I'm so proud of my city ¡  <^( Today,The Imaginarium has been released with all the honours in five of the best Barcelona's theatres; critics are very good,remarking Terry's fantasy and creativity and Heath's good job.Needless to say that as soon as I go and watch it,I'll tell you everything about public and mine reaction. &**)

("If I asked")
                         ----------------