Author Topic: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!  (Read 135491 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2009, 03:25 PM »
aww, didn't mean to make you sad Tammy! It was a joke. you should read that article on how he promoted his movie "Tideland" by going out to the street with that sign, it was quite funny. (the link to the article is under the pic). He wrote it himself and he has such a great sense of humor! "So with only a week to go before the film opened in New York, and without a poster or ad to be seen, I was encouraged by my daughter to take to the streets with a cardboard sign reading "STUDIO-LESS FILM MAKER - FAMILY TO SUPPORT - WILL DIRECT FOR MONEY" and a begging cup to draw people's attention to the impending release of Tideland. Not only did it work - we managed to get a large enough opening to generate a second and third week in the cinema - but also I made $25. Welcome to the joys and pain of independent film-making."

But it does drive home the point of how difficult independent film-making can be, and how much help these films need to reach the audience. Terry was willing to take the streets and hand out autographs to people to make them aware of his movie... He does need our help with this one.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

babytammy7

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2009, 04:52 PM »
Damn, you scared me there....I was feeling so bad for poor Terry and so guilty too..... :-\\ :-\\ You evil girl!!!  ;D ;D ;D

We can't let him do that again!!! I still can not understand why no one want this film...I mean, it's freaking HEATH LEDGER!!!!!!! The Oscar winner!!!!!!! And Johnny D and Jude Law, who were nominated for the Oscar!!! And Colin F, for Christ sake!!!

And then they, cinema BLIND people, go and and buy films like Rocky, part kazamillionth, or some teen stupid shit, or some senseless violent stuff like Hostel, and you can see those films all over the world. I DO NOT GET IT!!!!!

This is Art, nobody cares about that?  :-\\ :-\\

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #62 on: Jun 01, 2009, 10:22 AM »
Maybe it's too much for some people when they are actually required to think while watching a movie... Terry treats his audience as intelligent people, he doesn't spoon-feed them. And he believes in the power of imagination, which some people just don't have.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #63 on: Jun 07, 2009, 02:01 PM »
I'm posting this message on behalf of Theresa:

MAGIC TIME - MAKING SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING!

This is a vital time in the future of this movie. Of any movie. Especially since Dr. Parnassus does not yet have a North American distributor. We must first thing of the old and very true old addage, "Out Of Sight Out Of Mind". It's human nature. That can be a death knell to a project. Here's where we are:

The movie has premiered at Cannes and I am rather certain that we will not see it screened again until possibly Venice or Toronto. That is the last week of August and early September. So, there will be very little information or new material out there about the film. This is the way that it is, it is what is known as the slow period or the calm before the storm that is pre-release time.

That being the case, we must create Magic. Because we cannot let up. We cannot let this movie become out of sight out of mind. We must create something out of nothing. And, I have no doubts that we can. But how do we do that? I've just spent over a week working on just that behind the scenes and with the help of some very talented people and you guys I believe we can do it.

We will be implementing many new and innovative ways of keep this movie, it's cast, director and some of the crew in the public eye. What I need desperately from you is your continued participation with the goal in mind of a post a day on the homepage. It is my job to see that you have something worthwhile to post to. Don't give up on us. Don't give up on Heath's last movie because it becomes quiet. Better yet, DON'T ALLOW IT TO COME QUIET. Let's put it in everyone's face. it is in our control and we can do it. Always keep in the forefront of your mind that YOU CONTROL THIS. YOU ARE THE CATALYST THAT WILL BRING IT TO THE ATTENTION OF OTHERS.

So, basically, during this slow time, we will have little or nothing from other sources, so just how do we create something from nothing. WE CREATE OUR OWN. We make it happen. WE BECOME THE "GO TO" SITE FOR THIS MOVIE. We make this a place of discovery and knowledge. We show younger folks the roots of the people involved in this movie, we show them from where it was born.

I have been in contact with some friends of mine who are novelists and journalists. They are going to be writing brand new, exclusive articles for our site which we will be featuring exclusively on our homepage. Our first article will be written by novelist, RJ Keller. With more to follow. We will be exploring the fabulous Monty Python skits. Short movies from Terry. The careers and other aspects of the entire cast and crew.

I ask you to continue to participate. Keep the dream alive. We had 50,000 hits on the home page in May. Think about it, 50,000!! That's breathtaking. But we have to keep it up. These hits started happening when you guys started commenting on the homepage every day. YOU, NO ONE ELSE, ARE THE ONES WHO NURTURED THESE NUMBERS. YOU. If we let up, then the numbers will fall tremendously, literally in a matter of days and believe me, it will affect what happens.

I have been working behind the scenes like a banshee to promote the site and will continue to do so and I will provide new things for you. I have watched the stats like a hawk and will continue to do so. WE HAVE NO DO-OVERS. WE HAVE TO GET THIS RIGHT and obviously from the stat I gave you above, we are. None of this is possible without you to lead others here with your participation, spreading of the word, following our Twitter, COMMENTING DAILY ON THE HOMEPAGE!

Guys, this is the litmus test. The Acid Test. This is our moment to shine or drop the ball. I ask you, please stand with me. Let's bring this wonderful movie, Heath's last performance in with style and commitment. NO ONE CAN TELL US NO, BUT US.

Lastly. Are you willing to let this movie go without a North American distributor without one hell of a fight. I'm certainly not. I'll give them a fight where they'll distribute it just to shut me the hell up and I know you guys, you'll do the same thing. IT IS TIME TO BECOME A VOICE TO BE RECKONED WITH. LET'S SHOW THEM HOW IT'S DONE! As the master would have said to Cain in Kung Fu, "Take the pebble from my hand, Grasshopper!"

You are the best!

Hugs always,
Theresa

http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/

vedrana

« Reply #64 on: Jun 07, 2009, 02:37 PM »
Keren,

after you once said that every hit on the page counts, I hit there every day many times, and often post.

I guess that we all need a little push. You words were a wake up call for me!

For Heath, I really hope that we will make the difference! :)

And tonight, I am looking forward to see him in "The sin eater" movie... &**)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #65 on: Jun 07, 2009, 02:50 PM »
Oh Loreen, I saw your comments on the forum and I was so happy, and as you see our hits on the main page really make a difference! 50,000 hits in May, just think about it! we are making this forum visible for other people and we bring this movie to their attention. We just have to keep it up! There are a few more release dates for a number of European countries and also for Brazil, but no distributor for North America yet.

Thank you so so much for helping!

vedrana

« Reply #66 on: Jun 07, 2009, 03:20 PM »
Oh Loreen, I saw your comments on the forum and I was so happy, and as you see our hits on the main page really make a difference! 50,000 hits in May, just think about it! we are making this forum visible for other people and we bring this movie to their attention. We just have to keep it up! There are a few more release dates for a number of European countries and also for Brazil, but no distributor for North America yet.

Thank you so so much for helping!

Thank you for being so engaged! :^^)

babytammy7

« Reply #67 on: Jun 09, 2009, 10:38 AM »
I’ve been there. Today for the first time since I am a member of Parnassus site I’ve dared to read some threads and spend almost an hour there…..Wrong thing to do.

I’ve tried, really tried to read more and even post, but I just can not. I was reading some posts in the thread about BBM and then in Heath Haven and I didn’t realize I was crying till I couldn’t see the words anymore. I still don’t know why I was crying. That place feels so different for me. I don’t know how to express that feeling with words. It’s like I am used to be here. Reading all your posts about Heath or about our boys Ennis and Jack still move me and of course leaves me in awe. But reading about it in that forum is another totally mindblowing experience. It doesn’t move me, it just hurts me....bad. I know most of the brokies there (LJ and DC forum), even if some of them don’t know me, but reading all what they think about Heath or about BBM is so new to me. I mean, I guess that after two years here at Ennisjack I kinda know how everyone thinks here, and how they feel about our baby and about BBM, but I didn’t know what all those brokies there thought and felt about Heath or about Ennis and Jack, and some of them think in a very different way from what I’ve seen here......They talk about things I never thought about....so it all is like when I got here for the first time, when every post and word made me cry; it all brought back the whole BBM experience with such force......Reading about the Dozy Embrace or about the shirts under that new light, reading about all the wonderful things Heath used to say and I didn’t know about, reading about what those people that I never talked to before feel about him...well, it had me in tears for the whole hour I was there.

I know I am not making much sense. Lately I kinda have problems to put into words what I am feeling, and, God, it’s too much. I am so emotional these days.
I guess that what I felt this afternoon in the Parnassus forum was the same I felt when I first came here and realized that I was not alone in my pain, that I was not the only person in the world who couldn’t stop thinking about BBM, that I was not crazy. I guess that I got used to know that Keren, or Jess, or Luri, or Shawn, or Tony, or Andrew cry their eyes out everytime they think about Heath, that I forgot that there are so many more people out there who are shattered because of Heath’s death, so that “I am not/we are not alone” realization hit me again, after two years, like a ton of bricks. And let me tell you that it’s overwhelming. And I should feel grateful for that, should find comfort in knowing that our love for BBM and our sadness about Heath is shared for so many people, but the truth is that I can not stand reading about it, about how beaten people feel, how moved they get when they talk or think about that all. As I  said, I kinda got used to “our” way of expressing our BBM love here, to our way of grieving, so finding out what those other brokies think about Heath or Ennis or Jack or the SS just was like a punch..,something new and unexpected.

Also, I know that for most of the people Ennis will be always Heath. Well, for me it’s the other way around. Heath will be always Ennis. I know that Heath was a proud man, not the ashamed man Ennis was. I know that Heath loved his life and was excited about all his projects. And still, when I look at his pics (that’s another reason I run away from threads about Heath’s pics) I can see something in his eyes....something so Ennis, so full of troubled nostalgia. And also those last months living alone, without Michelle and Tiddy, reminds me of Ennis in his trailer. I know that Heath was happy with TDK and Parnassus, but we can not forget that living without his girls left him utterly devastate, and maybe it’s the nostalgia I see in his eyes in all those pics. So reading about that very unique and, for me, even revolutionary vision of Ennis those brokies there have, and knowing that Heath was the one who created the magic, squeezed my heart in a way never felt before.

I don’t know if this avalanche of messed up feelings is due to my visit to the Parnassus site or maybe because of a two days huge migraine I tried to calm with cafeine pills that instead of help gave me anxiety....Jeez.....I am lame!!

Anyway, I guess that maybe it’s better for me if I stick to the clicking team and get my hand sore from so much clicking, instead of f*ck around with my heart and try to post there, because if I go there again for sure you’ll get another long rambling post here, and I don’t think you want that, right?

Off to click or cry or just put my head under cold water.

Thank you for listening.  ^f^
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2009, 01:46 PM by Tammy »

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #68 on: Jun 09, 2009, 01:28 PM »
Tammy, you don't have to do anything that causes you so much pain. I'm sorry to hear that being there made you so upset. I have to admit that I don't read the BBM thread on the support site - I have ennisjack for anything BBM related. I go there to support Dr. Parnassus and the discussions I'm interested in are mainly about the new movie, Terry and Heath. But anyway, each one of us feels different things and reacts differently, and what feels right for one person can be wrong for someone else. You don't have to apologize for what you feel.

If you feel that it's best if you just stick to clicking, that's perfectly fine. it's a great help, one that we need a lot. The most important thing honey, is that you have to take care of your heart.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #69 on: Jun 13, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Guys, I have some bad news.

We learned from Theresa that a deal they thought was going to happen for North and South American distribution for Dr. Parnassus has gone cold. This, again, is a painful reminder that people in America might not get to see Heath's last movie in the theatre. :(

Also, this last week Dr. Parnassus has gone down 45% in popularity on IMDb.  :(

This is a movie that Heath wanted to be in, specifically asked to be in and play the role of Tony. He wanted to make this film happen, he wanted people to see it. When he died, his friends and colleagues gave everything they had, did everything in their power to complete this project in Heath's memory. It will be a crime if after all the shock, the tragedy and the struggles that this movie went through, and after all the love that's been put into it, it won't even be screened in so many parts of the world.

Again, here are the links to the Support Forum homepage, and to the DR. Parnassus page on IMDb:

http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606/

Please bookmark these pages and click them as much as you can.

Thank you!

(Those of you with livejournal pages, feel free to copy and post this message on your lj page).

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #70 on: Jun 13, 2009, 12:49 PM »
I am often so deeply moved by Theresa's dedication to this movie, to helping it find distributors, to promote it in any way possible. We've already learned how much Terry Gilliam and his daughter Amy (who is the producer of Dr. Parnassus) value and appreciate the support forum and all the work that is done there. But Theresa is not doing it for the praises, and you have no idea how many people and sites and journalists she contacted to promote Dr. Parnassus. I just have to share with you this little confession that she wrote today because it moved me so much. She inspires all of us to work harder.

I can only talk about my own reasons for what I do here. And, for me personally, I have to say the catalyst is the price Heath paid to make this movie. And, though we all had a terrible loss at his death, it is he who made the ultimate sacrifice at the age of 29. When I'm so tired or dispirited ( and trust me you guys don't hear the tears and worry the way the staff and my contacts do, lol) that is what I keep in the front of my mind. The sacrifice that was made to do this movie and the fact that it may not receive distribution in many countries, simply does not compute for me. I can't and I won't accept it without a fight. That and the fact that this is the last of his work and I can't bear not doing everything I can to see it shown. That's a personal thing for me. I know that a lot of folks don't understand it, but he gave so much and asked for so little in return. His life ended during this film. He was exhausted, suffering from insomnia and ill and he kept on. If he could keep on, I can keep on until we win or I simply have no other alternative. Everytime I feel out of my comfort zone, I remind myself what is at stake. If I quit, then I have let him down in the worst way possible and he added too much to my life for me to do that.

babytammy7

« Reply #71 on: Jun 13, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Oh God.... :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

(((Theresa))) :ghug: :ghug:

You are so right, so right. I'll try harder and harder.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #72 on: Jun 13, 2009, 03:33 PM »
well, to quote Theresa: "Are we in trouble? HELL YES. Can we change that? HELL YES. Can we do it without working for it? HELL NO."

Tammy, you've been doing so much to help. the homepage is even more imprtant than the main forum, clicking on it is what keeps us up on the search engines. keep clicking. if you see something nice that you feel like commenting on, even better. sometimes I post something on the Parnassus thread with a link to the homepage, and you reply to that here - well, you can just copy your reply and post it on the hompage as well (under every article there is an option to post comments). and even if you don't have any comment to make, the clicking helps a lot. xxx

babytammy7

« Reply #73 on: Jun 13, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Damn, Keren, I didn't know that.  %&) I can be so stupid!!

But it won't happen again. I just left a comment there.  :clap: :clap: :clap: I am waiting for moderators to approve it.

BTW, forgot to mention here that I am pretty proud that it was a Festival in my country where Terry got honored.  <^( <^( <^(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #74 on: Jun 23, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Please join the new Dr Parnassus facebook page

We have a new Facebook fan page set up

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Imaginarium-of-Doctor-Parnassus/122522440604

Please join us and suggest us to all of your friends. Help us spread the word!!!!!

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #75 on: Jun 24, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Done¡  O0 I'm going to suggest it to all my friends in Facebook ¡.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #76 on: Jun 24, 2009, 12:41 PM »
Thank you Alicia! The facebook page was created by Terry Gilliam's daughter, Holly Gilliam. And she also sent the Dr. Parnassus Support Site a thank you note for all the work we've been doing to raise global awareness to the movie. I told Theresa earlier, I appreciate it so much that Terry and his daughters took the time to acknowledge our work and thank us for it, they've been so kind to us. Obviously they don't take their fans and supporters for granted.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #77 on: Jun 25, 2009, 11:27 AM »
Hi everyone!  I'm so sorry I haven't been here, but Keren will tell you, I've been going nuts witht he Imaginarium Site.  I know that it is our last chance to support Heath so I'm really trying to give it my all.  And I have to share with you what Keren has done.  Keren has started a fans want to be heard photo campaign which I posted on the homepage this morning along with a link to ennisjack in the post.  Below is the photo that Keren made and we are asking folks to make a photo even if there is distribution in your country saying I WANT TO SEE THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS AND YOUR COUNTRY.  This will raise global public awareness of the film even if your country has distribution because we must remember the majority of the world doesn't even know this movie exists and we have to tell them.  If it doesn't have distribution in your country, please say I WANT TO SEE THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS IN and put the name of your country.  I PROMISE you I will link to ennisjack with everyone of your photos.  Just be certain to tell me in your email when you send me the photo that you are from ennisjack.  This will not only be a good thing for Dr. Parnassus but for ennisjack and Heath's memory as well because the site right now is having the homepage hit over 75,000 times.  It is linked to by the London Times, The NY Times, The Boston Globe, The LA Times and every important entertainment site out there.  It has become the "go to" site for the movie and Terry Gilliam visits it regularly as do members of the cast.  If you will please participate with us, please email your photo to parnassusmovie@yahoo.com and be sure to tell me ennisjack.  This is a POWERFUL and brilliant idea on Keren's part and it will make waves, it may even go viral.  We need your help to keep Heath's memory alive and also to make sure that as many people around the world as possible see his final performance.  I will tell you this, I have read the script and Heath is in this film a great deal and I can't wait to see what he does with this amazing character. 

If you don't have a camera, feel free to use your cell phone if it will take photos.  The sooner we get these photos up the better.  We want the world to know about Heath's final performance and to see it!

And Keren thank you for your undying support and faith in Heath and this film.  You are amazing and this is so unselfish and brilliant of you.  And, to everyone at ennisjack, you are amazing and your continuing support means more than you could ever know.

Here's Keren's picture.

Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #78 on: Jun 25, 2009, 12:56 PM »
Theresa I'm so happy you wrote this, I just came here to post about it! I posted a message on the "official" Dr Parnassus thread as well. and I'm telling you, I almost started dancing around the room when I saw my pic on the Support Site homepage, lol  ;D I HATE taking photos of myself and all my friends know that, but there's nothing I wouldn't do for Heath and this movie.

Guys, I hope many of you join us in this campaign and take a photo of yourself with a sign. If you are from the U.S, right the name of your state. Or your city, if you live in a big city that is well known around the world. We have to let them know that we want to see this film EVERYWHERE!!!

Please, it doesn't take much of you. Just one photo of yourself. Do it for yourself if you want to see this movie, do it for your friends who want to see it. Do it for Heath, who gave his heart and soul to this movie. Do it for Terry Gilliam who loved Heath like a son, and went beyond himself to complete this movie so we can see Heath's last performance. Whatever your motivation is, just do it. Please.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #79 on: Jun 25, 2009, 03:08 PM »
OMG!!!!!

Guys, I can't tell you what it is yet, except I will say it's not US Distribution, but I have the honor being asked to make a HUGE Dr. P announcement at 3:05 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) Today.  I'm overwhelmed that our site has been asked to do this and I just can't wait!  Please check the homepage because that is where I will make it at http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2009, 03:46 PM by keren_b »
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #80 on: Jun 25, 2009, 03:47 PM »
Grrrr, I'll be asleep by then!! I'll check it tomorrow, I'm really curious now...

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #81 on: Jun 25, 2009, 06:22 PM »
Grrrr, I'll be asleep by then!! I'll check it tomorrow, I'm really curious now...

I have now posted the Breaking News on the homepage for the Dr. Parnassus support site.

Also, we are so honored because today on his twitter (Terry does the tweeting on the official dr. parnassus twitter page), he tweeted this, "Dr. Parnassus recommends http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com".  I was so touched because he has never recommended a site.  Also we became only the second twitter page he follows with the official Dr. P twitter.  He is being so supportive of us and he's so grateful because he just loved Heath so very very much.
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #82 on: Jun 26, 2009, 05:49 AM »
I just read the news on the support site! this is so cool, I have to tell Kathy... she lives in San Diego and she'll be thrilled!

And did Terry actually recommended the support site on twitter?? What a sweet man!! The whole Gilliam family has been so supportive and wonderful to us. It feels good to know that they appreciate what we do and that they express their thanks to us, it's nice to know that we're being heard.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #83 on: Jun 26, 2009, 03:06 PM »
Our Bruxa is on the Support Site Homepage! I'm so proud of you Bruxa, and Heath would've been proud too!

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/turkish-fans-want-to-see-gilliams-imaginarium-of-dr-parnassus-in-their-country/26/

C'mon people, send your pics! &**) &**) &**)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #84 on: Jun 26, 2009, 03:13 PM »
If you're too camera-shy, or reluctant to post a pic of your face from some other reason, there are other ways... this is the pic that Trekfan posted:

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/fans-in-washington-dc-and-virginia-usa-want-to-see-dr-parnassus/26/

You can do something similar, or hold the sign in front of your face with just your eyes peeking above it or something like that. Although it is best if we can see your face. We want Terry to see who his supporters are! Just please please please send a pic, we need as many of them as possible. and try to make the writing as big and clear as possible. Thank you guys!!

bruxa23

« Reply #85 on: Jun 26, 2009, 03:15 PM »
Our Bruxa is on the Support Site Homepage! I'm so proud of you Bruxa, and Heath would've been proud too!

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/turkish-fans-want-to-see-gilliams-imaginarium-of-dr-parnassus-in-their-country/26/

C'mon people, send your pics! &**) &**) &**)
I just hope it works  $f$ $f$

also I'm only proud of you Keren  :^^)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #86 on: Jun 27, 2009, 05:29 AM »
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!! I just read on the support site this message from Theresa!  &**) &**) &**)

Guys I have it now definitely, even if you haven't gotten your release date announcements, the entire market has been sold except the USA! Don't despair if you haven't heard an announcement yet. I am assured by the greatest of authorities that you are sold if in the market of the film. But we MUST get it in the USA, the largest market. Also WE MUST make the world aware of the movie. I think this thing is going to blow up and turn viral. I really do. If so, this is the best possible platform for getting the word out to the world and the industry and get an audience for this movie and a larger release. Please start saying I Want To See Dr. Parnassus Around The Globe From then your country. We don't want to step on toes when territories have been sold and we are just not aware of it yet. We need to turn our focus on telling the industry, I'm from _____ and I can't wait to see Dr. Parnassus. Please help me with this. Keep the photos coming, this is Huge and this is incredibly important that we keep this up.

Or, I Can't Wait To See Dr. Parnassus then under it put the name of your country or city. We have to let the world know it is out there now or those theater seats will be empty and it will last a weekend or so and we have to get it to the US. Our job has only just begun guys. Now comes the real work.

Guys, we're getting there!!!!! I'm jumping up and down in my seat! But like Theresa said we have to get it to the biggest market of all, the USA, and we have many friends there who are desperately waiting to see it. We can't fail them. Please post a photo of you with a sign that says "I'm from _______ and I can't wait to see Dr. Parnassus!" We need these pics! I promise you, we're being watched and we're being heard!!!

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #87 on: Jun 27, 2009, 06:15 AM »
I just have to share these pics with you... they're great, and it's an example for what you can do if you're too shy to show your face:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just remember, from now on write "I'm from ________ and I want to see Dr. Parnassus around the globe!" or "and I can't wait to see Dr. Parnassus!"

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #88 on: Jun 27, 2009, 02:19 PM »
Some people asked me, what does it mean that the entire market has been sold? Does that mean that only fans from the USA should send their pictures now? Does that mean that we can be sure we'll get to see Dr. Parnassus in our country now? I wasn't so sure about the meaning of that myself... so this is what Theresa explained to us:

THIS is why we have so much work to do. Remember I told you guys early on that once you get distributors, the real work starts, that's the EXHIBITORS. The exhibitors are the people who own the theaters or theater chains. What it means when we say all markets are sold except the US is that all those areas have distributorship of the movie now the Exhibitors have to buy it for their theaters and this will determine if you see it in your town or in some cases country. Israel is a good example. The distributorship has taken place in the Middle East, that means that they have the right to sell the movie to theaters in that area, now whether or not it will be in Israel and where it will be in Israel will depend on the EXHIBITORS. It will depend on whether Israeli exhibitors buy the movie to show in their theaters.
THIS is the reason we must perservere and that we must now say "I'm from _______ and I can't wait to see Dr. Parnassus". Just because an area has distributorship doesn't meant he Exhibitors will buy it for their theaters. They want a movie that will keep audience filling the theater seats and that will make them money. If they see they have an excited audience waiting for a film then they will buy it to show in their theaters. So, we now move into that phase of the campaign for everyone but the US. We continue to support the US because it is over 50% of the movie audience in the world and this film needs the US just as much as the US wants this film.

As you can see, we still have a lot of work to do...

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #89 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:45 AM »
THE MUNICH FILM FESTIVAL WAS A HUGE SUCCESS FOR DR. PARNASSUS!  I've started putting up the photos from Friday night's gala opening if you guys want to copy and paste them please feel free to do so, they're great.

Saturday there was a second, public screening at the festival with a Q&A with Terry and Verne Troyer afterward.  We had 3 members attend that screening for us and this morning they tell me they are stil TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY BY THIS AMAZING FILM.  They loved it.  We'll have a report/review of the screening and Q&A from them on the homepage in the next day or so and you guys are welcome to copy and paste it if you wish. 

I've read the screenplay and know that there's a lot of Heath in this film and that it's just the kind of role he could adore and sink his teeth into.  They say he's absolutely incredible in the role!

Hugs, Theresa
Theresa