Author Topic: ~~ Get Your ennisjack.com "Thank You" Postcards & Mail them to BBM ~~  (Read 29872 times)

Offline MississaugaRed

• Jack + Ennis
  • Gone too soon, but never forgotten.

Got it. They will go out today. Thank you for your support to BBM.  :D

Thank YOU for making it such a pleasure to be part of the BBM support.

And to further our cause ... I'm off to buy a couple extra copies of the DVD, so I can loan them to friends and co-workers who have not yet had the pleasure and may need some slight encouragement to take for first step!
"Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein loma-làn easgannan".
My hovercraft is full of eels.

“I miss you,” Jack whispered. “I miss you.” He felt loved. He felt heard. Shades of Grey by MidwestGirl

Offline Valandil Eluch

• Brokie by heart
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Love have no face or gender is a Force of Nature
i want to buy them but not sure i can you my credit card since it is from panama anyone knows?
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
i want to buy them but not sure i can you my credit card since it is from panama anyone knows?

Hmm..not sure. Let me check and I will PM me.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

balchy28

Thanks Ethan, i'll order some when I get back from work! :) Do you know how long it will take for them to get here? (UK) Lauren x

Lady

Lauren,, Ethan posted mine last thursday and they arrived this Monday which was really quick ;D

balchy28

Cool, that is quick! I've just ordered mine yay!  :D Lauren x

Offline shakestheground

• Alma Jr.
Address for Larry McMurtry
« Reply #36 on: Apr 05, 2006, 09:11 AM »
I listened to an interview with Annie Proulx on KCRW, she mentioned Larry McMurtry had a book store in Archer City, TX. I googled it and it returned a listing for some one with the name:

Larry J Mcmurtry - 1005 S Ash St, Archer City, TX 76351

Could it really be this easy?
"The sky looked like a big, giant broke off piece of something blank he had forgotten about"

--Flanney O'Conner, Wise Blood

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Cool, that is quick! I've just ordered mine yay!  :D Lauren x

Thank you, Lauren. They are on their way.

I listened to an interview with Annie Proulx on KCRW, she mentioned Larry McMurtry had a book store in Archer City, TX. I googled it and it returned a listing for some one with the name:

Larry J Mcmurtry - 1005 S Ash St, Archer City, TX 76351

Could it really be this easy?

Not sure. The address we use to send for Larry is

c/o Howard Sanders
United Talent Agency
9560 Wilshire Blvd. 5th FL
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

balchy28

By the way, do we have to send these ones? Can we keep them and frame them or something? Cuz they look really nice :) Lauren x

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
By the way, do we have to send these ones? Can we keep them and frame them or something? Cuz they look really nice :) Lauren x

No You don't have to. It is yours to keep or to mail.  :D

balchy28

Oh that's cool! I think i'll frame them with other pictures and stuff and make a kinda display for my wall. My family will love it  ::)  :P

Offline Jack_ME

• My philosophy
  • Lureen
  • Jack in Maine
Thanks for your support, Jack in ME. The mail went out today (3/28).

Postcards received!
(I don't get to my PO Box more than once a week, so they were probably there over a week ago!)
(and sheesh Ethan...no return address on the packet! Good thing they didn't get lost in the mails!)

Thanks for doing this Ethan, very nice!
I plan to keep one set as souvenirs and mail one set.

Jack in Maine
MY PHILOSOPHY DISCLAIMER: All my comments concern the MOVIE and the content and inferences obtained there. All interpretations, projections, speculations, and opinions about plot and characters are based SOLELY on the content of the movie. They can not be argued or debated by quoting the printed short story. A comparison of the two media is an interesting discussion but must be a separate discussion.

Offline MississaugaRed

• Jack + Ennis
Hey Jack in Maine!

How great are the postcards?  I just ordered a couple of sets this week finally, and plan to do like you - one set for mailing, one for my BBM collection.  Which is starting to get crazy, since I've kept every magazine, newspaper and advertisements I was able to get my hands on. 

Just wanted to mention to you, Jack, that I remember in previous posts how you were so impressed with Roberta Maxwell's performance as Jack's mom.  Well, I started paying more attention to the fine details in those scenes (I was usually an emotional mess by that time so maybe wasn't seeing as closely as I should have) and I have to agree with you.  Saw it for the 11th time last night, in the theater (even though I have 3 copies of the DVD!) and it was that last scene with her and Ennis that made me cry.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!  Definitely one of these postcards will make it's way to Ms. Maxwell as a thank you for portraying a mother who loved her son completely, in defiance of her husband's cruelness!

“I miss you,” Jack whispered. “I miss you.” He felt loved. He felt heard. Shades of Grey by MidwestGirl

balchy28

This is really off topic, sorry!, but Jack in Maine I really love your avatar! Lauren x

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
Update, ...got mine Ethan and I have the flu so haven't posted Stephans onto him yet. Will do it tomorrow as I feel a wee bit better tonight. Thanks again for them they are brilliant. I am going to put mine in a display frame as some have suggested.
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Hello, Jack_ME. Glad you got them. Enjoy. I actually had a return address label but it probably fell off.

Tom, sorry to hear that you are feeling well. Hope you get better. I also put some framed and they look great.

Thanks all to your support to the movie and this forum.

balchy28

My postcards are here!! Ethan thank you so so so so so so so so much!  ;D That's made my day that has! They're gorgeous! Thank you! Lauren xx  :-*

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Lauren, you are welcome. Thanks for letting me know. Glad that you like them and Thank you for your support.

Offline Rodney

• Alma Jr.
Thanks Ethan-
  The postcards are just beautiful.  I'll mail one set and keep one set.  Someone mentioned their BBM collection.  I haven't saved everything but still have quite a bit of stuff.  I've put most of it in a binder(the postcards will be in there) and I think in the future I'll look back on all of this and remember a movie that deeply affected me.  Thanks for making these cards available, Ethan.  They got here within a short time and considering the postage and effort involved, you are doing us Brokies a great favor.

Rodney

Offline MississaugaRed

• Jack + Ennis
Hi Ethan -
Just letting you know I received my cards today.  They're great, thank you very much! :)  I liked the insert with all the mailing addresses for our favourites, too, maybe I'll be able to send some out over the weekend. Cheers.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Hello Rodney and MississaugaRed,

Thanks for the posts. It is my pleasure to be of help. Yes I have my collection too - ads, postcards, magazines. They will be my BBM collection.

Enjoy and thank you for your support to BBM and this forum.

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
Like everyone else who has ordered them, Ethan, mine have arrived (via Scotland  ;) ) : they are beautiful ! I think they look even better than the pictures on the forum. Thanks so much for all the time and effort and money put into it. I am definitely keeping one set for my old age  :D
Stephan

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Yeeeeee-haaaaaawww. Glad to know that you got yours, Stephan.

It is just wonderful to have these postcards going around the world and sent to the cast and crew. Thank you for your support, Stephan.

Offline jstephens9

• Alma Jr.
Ethan,

Thanks so much for doing this. I just ordered two sets since just like everyone else I want to keep a copy for myself. These will go with this huge collection of Brokeback Mountain items I already have. I look forward to seeing these.

Jack from North Carolina
You know it could be like this, just like this, always..........

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
Like everyone else who has ordered them, Ethan, mine have arrived (via Scotland    ) : they are beautiful ! I think they look even better than the pictures on the forum. Thanks so much for all the time and effort and money put into it. I am definitely keeping one set for my old age  :D
Stephan

Via Scotland.....and each one kissed before I forwarded them to you honey!
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Via Scotland.....and each one kissed before I forwarded them to you honey!

How sweet, Tom.  :-*

Thanks so much for doing this. I just ordered two sets since just like everyone else I want to keep a copy for myself. These will go with this huge collection of Brokeback Mountain items I already have. I look forward to seeing these.

Jack from North Carolina

Jack, Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your support to BBM and the forum. The postcards will be mailed tomorrow. Enjoy your time here and hope to read some posts from you.

Offline tpkomodo

• Alma Jr.
  • A fan from MALAYSIA
Thank you Ethan, I got my sopies already, I've shown them to my mum & friends, they were surprise that I made these designs for a forum, and what surprise my mum & I was that everyone is actualy ordering the cards and they love them! I'm so happy that my little contributions had make everyone happy! Thank you Ethan.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Thank you Ethan, I got my sopies already, I've shown them to my mum & friends, they were surprise that I made these designs for a forum, and what surprise my mum & I was that everyone is actualy ordering the cards and they love them! I'm so happy that my little contributions had make everyone happy! Thank you Ethan.

Yee-haw - Thanks for letting me know, tpkomodo. Great that you finally got them (it took a while  :D). I can't thank you enough for your works. The postcards are all over the world and of course the cast and crew may have them as well.

You rock, tpkmodo. These postcards are part of my BBM treasure. Thank you again.  :D

Offline Valandil Eluch

• Brokie by heart
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Love have no face or gender is a Force of Nature
i just shipped today my postcards!!!!! Thanks Ethan
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Are postcards still available?
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault