Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732461 times)

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1050 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:38 PM »
I got into my car today, turned on the radio and the song fire and rain, by james taylor came on.
I just lost it, particularly when he says "But I always thought I would see you again" if you recall the lyrics here they are:

Fire and Rain:

Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone
Suzanne the plans they made put an end to you
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song
I just can't remember who to send it to

I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again

Won't you look down upon me, Jesus
You've got to help me make a stand
You've just got to see me through another day
My body's aching and my time is at hand
And I won't make it any other way

oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain
But I always thought that I'd see you again

I’ve been walking my mind to an easy time
My back turned towards the sun
Lord knows when the cold wind blows it’ll turn your head around
Well, there’s hours of time on the telephone line
To talk about things to come
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.

oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain
But I always thought that I'd see you, baby, one more time again, now
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #1051 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:40 PM »

In the Soho
Twenty-eight years younger
Thee ere thy birth, more love
And yet now comes thy reaper
Thee send to ye
From the land of the free
Then spoke to ye of thy heart and of human life
Just one moment enough to frost thy veins
With courteous care
Then be done, alone thy cast beneath
The night with mighty grace
As all stood firmed upon this land
As cold thy flesh I sleep
Full moon winding thy path
The fairest far where losses be gone
And lesser fondness upon silence
Awaken the dawning of thy tongue
As thee begged to let thou live
For no wrongs ye behold to this day
In what ye see
As wondrous but nameless charm
A breath itself thou speak
O thee of loneliness
In prayer sad and long
I beg answer thee not
For this life thou harvest is indeed its seed
To the morrows of deeds
That has yet to touch our hearts
Nobler desires and tastes of joy
For one more moment do let ye stay and be
Upon this earth before the sun
In rest thee keep
For Love in all they seek
And in ye magic they see

Joeseph

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008, 01:54 AM by frenchcda »
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1052 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:44 PM »
thanks frenchcda it's beautiful  :\'(
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
« Reply #1053 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:47 PM »

But I always thought that I'd see you, baby, one more time again, now

I saw this in another thread.

It's so so heart wrenching, and it's always struck me deep..
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #1054 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:48 PM »
Fire and Rain always makes me think of my cousin, who took his own life in 2001.  Now I will think of Heath as well everytime I hear it.   :\'(
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1055 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:49 PM »
I love how Daniel Day Lewis put it too, how he didn't know Heath but had a strong sense he would really like him a lot as a man. 
"it's Love, Blockhead!"

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #1056 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:50 PM »
To Ethan and Michelle - thank you for taking the time and having the courage to lay "our" tribute :ghug:

I wasn't able to light a candle along with you, but I was thinking of you - all of you, everywhere round the world :ghug:
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1057 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:07 PM »
  Thanks, orangetruck, and Carby. I had just looked up the latest in Wikopedia, and there it was.  And, yeah, it rushed over me like a rainstorm,
the coincidence, but now I see it as OK. When your mind is in a fog, the littlest of things can trouble you.  Had to be some name for his last
role and that just happened to be the one.  No hurt.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008, 01:44 PM by Tony »

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #1058 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:16 PM »
Hello Brokies...

I'm sorry I haven't really been able to post since Thursday or if I did, very short post. I had school today, even though the whole rest of the week we were off for regents [they're these big test that only NY and CA have to take  ^*)]. Anyway, I've been busy but I have some new information to share with you all..

I have said in a previous post that me and my friends are getting tomorrow for what I call a 'Remembrance'..not a party or memorial service like one my friend joked about earlier today (she's not coming). I'm glad to say that 2 more people have joined the group for tomorrows get together. At drama today, me and my friend Ellen were discussing tomorrow's plans and how tragic Heath's death was, when two of my other drama friends came in and started to talk about how they adored him and were absolutely shocked when they heard about his sudden death. When I asked if they would like to come they were overjoyed, though one of them is still unsure if she is coming because she might be babysitting as well as another friend who is working. I won't know for sure of the final number of people will be there tomorrow. We have all decided to watch 3 movies - Lords of Dogstown [which many have not seen b4 including myself], 10 things I hate about you, and Brokeback, which many are excited about because all seemed to have never been able to watch the whole movie because of their perennials. Besides the movie, we will take many pictures to show all of you so you can be with us to in our 'Remembrance' get together and I have asked many to write 2morrow, a letter to Heath about what he has meant to them and if possible, with an adult at hand, next weekend me and my friend Lin, maybe another friend if possible, will place all of these letters, near his SoHo apartment. *Though I have heard that they have blocked the apartment, please if anyone knows this news, tell me*

Skipping subjects, sorry for my sudden ramble but for some reason, I have realized, that I'm disgusted by the media, not official newspapers but paparazzi news. And also, I am not just saying about all the comments they're making on Heath's death but also, because I have been watching the news a lot more, how many accusations they come with, with any celebrity and how most of them, are very false. I feel sympathetic now for many stars, who have been tauted by the media. Especially to Michelle, Matilda, and Heath's family, may all of them be safe and just be about to bring their baby back home, not to be harassed by a reporter just looking for a new story.

I have noticed some changes in how I feel about his death. I am still sad, I will admit and I wish he was back here with us but he's with god in a better place. But lately I've been able to smile and think of all of the good he has done and how many will be impacted from him and how he WILL be a legend, even after his death. I feel that he has moved into my heart, were I will still love him as miss him deeply but also, as made me able to enjoy and respect all that has happened. He influenced me so much and I'm so thankful for that. Heath Ledger, you will always be with me, in my heart and soul, you will stay..
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
« Reply #1059 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Cheers, Tony.  :cr) ...

:^^)
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline jerasjr

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1060 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Am sorry I wasn't home to light a candle, but since I generally have one lit, will count that one...
"A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1061 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:42 PM »
lil_dwarf, Ethan & LuvJackNasty went to the Soho flat today and were able to leave there our tribute, I spoke with both of them when they were on the spot.  So far, it's not blocked.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1062 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:43 PM »
I don't know why all of a sudden I'm sobbing like crazy.. I just saw this http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1390871714 deep down I was hoping this whole thing would be just a bad dream! I have never really met him or even knew him as a person but his work has touched me deeply!! I've been called insane by my family and friends for mourning Heath.. they don't understand what I'm going through.. thank God I can come here and express my emotions without the fear of being called "mentally unstable for crying over a total stranger"  :\'(

thanks a bunch for creating this wonderful board..  %)
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1063 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:49 PM »

If you can, please join us to light a candle.

That's very beautiful. Thank you so much Ethan and Michelle!
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1064 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:26 PM »
I just caught up on today's posts. Big hugs to everyone. I will be posting pictures soon- there are lots.

I still haven't processed the day yet so will not be posting any real thoughts yet. It was very hard and honestly I cried all morning at my desk at work- I just couldn't stop (thanks FC for taking that one teary phone call  :^^) ) I've been better able to contain it some at work just because I have to. Anyway, Thank you all so much for being there for each other in these hard days. I know, we're Brokies, that's what we do. I loved how everyone joined in and lit candles. FC told me all about it and , need I say it? Yes I cried.

the only way I have right now of summing up today is this: Within a mile Ennis felt like someone was pulling his guts out hand over hand a yard at a time. That's exactly what it felt like. Thanks to everyone for being there with us and for the words to pay tribute to Heath. I love you guys.  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #1065 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:28 PM »
I don't know why all of a sudden I'm sobbing like crazy.. I just saw this http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1390871714 deep down I was hoping this whole thing would be just a bad dream! I have never really met him or even knew him as a person but his work has touched me deeply!! I've been called insane by my family and friends for mourning Heath.. they don't understand what I'm going through.. thank God I can come here and express my emotions without the fear of being called "mentally unstable for crying over a total stranger"  :\'(

thanks a bunch for creating this wonderful board..  %)

I understand your feelings completely.  No one around me understands how torn up I am over this.  They knew I loved BBM and especially Jake, but they had no idea I would break down like I did over Heath's passing.  My sister and my husband both probably think I've lost my mind at last, but I just tell them, "It's going to take some time to get over this one."  But I doubt I will ever really get over it.
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #1066 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Extract the beautiful reminder of what a beautiful man Heath was and was aimed to always be, and let the rest go. If it rushes over you like rain, then it happened right. If you damn near cry your eyes out, it happened the way it was supposed to.
What we have is knowing a man with the power to grip others' hearts is undeniably in a better place. Yes it takes time for that to sink in, but then we are not robots. Accepting passages doesn't always happen with a 'pink' or click. But we will get it because not only does everything happen for a reason, but when love is involved it will eventually set in to have done no wrong. We who love(d) Heath, we with our flowers, tears, notes and hearts, made sure that his transition was soft, about as soft as the wings of an angel; We remember him like this for he gave to us a sense that the earth wasn't as wicked as it otherwise seems to be.
Tony, we're all in this together, trust that.  :ghug:
God bless Heath and the part of his heart that he left us with.

OT, so beautifully put. Thank you for helping me try and put this to rest.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

yb

« Reply #1067 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:39 PM »
We will be going to the apartment in Brooklyn first and then to SoHo. So probably around 3 pm. We will be taking all of you with us. Thank you for all your heartfelt messages.

If you can, please join us to light a candle.

I just saw this.  Ethan and Michelle, my heartfelt thanks for doing this. 

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1068 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:41 PM »
I will be posting pictures from the tributes we left but I haven't uploaded them yet.

This is what was left in Brooklyn- Ethan already posted one set of candles and the posters he did.

This booklet contained posts from the vigil thread:

This candle was left and this pic was attached to it.

“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1069 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:43 PM »
This was the booklet with thoughts from this thread which was left at Soho

I had two of the same candles but this picture was attached to it with the same words on the back:

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #1070 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Thank you Michelle. I can hardly type this right now for my tears. God bless you and Ethan.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1071 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:50 PM »
That's too much Michelle. Thank you and Ethan so much. What you made is very beautiful!

Thank you.
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1072 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:03 PM »
words can't express my heartfelt gratitude to Ethan and Michelle!  :^^) I'm sure Heath is looking down from heaven smiling right now!
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1073 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:24 PM »
Thank you so much to Ethan and LJN  for honoring Heath for all of us.

Someone sent this moving BBM Music vid 

I won't be able to watch BBM the same way again  :\'(
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline aintfoolin

• Ennis
  • " You and him did'nt go up there to fish"...
« Reply #1074 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:28 PM »
I still can't believe he's gone. This all still so raw. Reading all the remembrances and tributes are so heartwarming , to know that he was so well loved all over the world, especially the ones from his family.  :\'( :(

God, I'm so in tears right now. Don't know if and when it will get any better, but I do own all of his films so this weekend in honor of him, I will  draw the drapes, unplug the phone , and watch each one consecutively. This will be my "lost weekend" in tribute to his great work. There is no doubt more tears will fall over his death, but he will live on in the wonderful  characters and work he left behind. This weekend , he will live once again  and forever in my heart.  Thank You Heath .Love and miss you. Rest in peace.
..."yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"...

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1075 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:31 PM »
Here are some pics from Brooklyn. Ethan has pictures too.

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1076 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:38 PM »
God I hope the family sees this.  Or at least they get message back.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1077 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:40 PM »
God I hope the family sees this.  Or at least they get message back.

There were enough paparazzi around snapping pictures. I have a deeper hatred for them. They don't let people grieve in peace. I felt very uncomfortable sharing a private moment with Ethan, grieving and literally being circled by them and hearing the click, click, click of the camera. I think one was even filming. Pissed me off and today was not about being pissed off.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1078 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:49 PM »
Some pics from Soho:

The whole thing made me cry but the message at the bottom of this one killed me It says "May you sleep in  the angels arms tonight"  :\'(

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1079 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:53 PM »
There were enough paparazzi around snapping pictures. I have a deeper hatred for them. They don't let people grieve in peace. I felt very uncomfortable sharing a private moment with Ethan, grieving and literally being circled by them and hearing the click, click, click of the camera. I think one was even filming. Pissed me off and today was not about being pissed off.

An annoying as they are, remember things like Mozart died and was buried Completely alone. I mean our media are vultures but sometimes they do get word out. These pics will warm hearts all over the world.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"