Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732964 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #3960 on: Aug 06, 2008, 08:59 AM »
After watching the movie I went home and watched clips on Youtube. I shouldn't have done that. Cause' it really made me realize that the experience of watching a new movie with Heath was over. For the last time. It's a feeling that still seems very strange to me.  :\'(

We still have "The Imaginarium Of Dr Parnassuss" to wait for...  :ghug: :ghug:
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3961 on: Aug 06, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Yes we do, and I will be first in line on opening day. ^f^

I have to admit that, in addition to wanting to see Heath, I'll be very interested to see what Terry Gilliam did to accomodate the casting change with this character and how it impacts the overall story. I thought it was interesting when he said that he was very happy with how it's all turning out, but that he still had his original vision in his head, so it's hard not to get distracted by that as well. I can only imagine. But what providence that this would be the movie Heath was working on, and that it would be of such a nature that this kind of creative recasting would allow them to preserve his performance and the entire film with it. :ghug:
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #3962 on: Aug 07, 2008, 03:37 PM »
I don't know what happened today, darling, maybe it's the joker and the promotion everywhere but I was watching your photos and videos and then I started uncontrollably crying. I can't believe you are gone, love. You were so beautiful and sweet. Everytime I see your gentle brown beautiful eyes I am captured in pain. You touch my inner being anytime I see your photos or hear your voice. I cannot watch your movies since then. I haven't. I don't know if I am ever gonna be able. Brokeback would definitely kill me. Such a pain that movie brings and the thing you are dead it would be too much to handle.

I wanna tell you that I love you. I love you very much with all my heart. I can't stop crying beloved, it is so unfair you are gone and . . . what comes to my mind? Why you and not someone else? I shouldn't be thinking like that but I can't help myself.

I know you must be somewhere, in other dimension, I believe you didn't leave. I hope this place is something nice and pri´vate where you are not inruded by the Hollywood frenzy. I love you. I am so happy I had discovered you for myself before you passed away.

I love you, truly from my heart. N.

Beautiful words dear Nikita, it is so unfair he is gone  :\'(...He was so talented, so attractive, so, so...I have no  :-X to explain, I am so sad, life is cruel  ^^) ^^) ^^)
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #3963 on: Aug 07, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Yes we do, and I will be first in line on opening day. ^f^

I have to admit that, in addition to wanting to see Heath, I'll be very interested to see what Terry Gilliam did to accomodate the casting change with this character and how it impacts the overall story. I thought it was interesting when he said that he was very happy with how it's all turning out, but that he still had his original vision in his head, so it's hard not to get distracted by that as well. I can only imagine. But what providence that this would be the movie Heath was working on, and that it would be of such a nature that this kind of creative recasting would allow them to preserve his performance and the entire film with it. :ghug:

I was thinking that also.  From the sound of it, it could very well have been purposely cast and made precisely as it did end up being made, you know?  That is quite interesting.  And do we have the coolest most wonderful people to honor Heath or what?

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline cowgirlKt!

• Alma
  • brokeback dreaming....
« Reply #3964 on: Aug 08, 2008, 03:37 PM »
I am really looking forward to seeing the film. Im interested to see how they have worked round Heaths bits he managed to film and the cast they have got to finish the film are good and im hoping they are on the verge of finishing a great tribute to Heath, the last film he ever did :( When i see this film it will be more moving for me than batman as THIS film is the last one he was in and knowing that last scene he shot (someone posted an article on this site by an extra in the film who worked with Heath and they said a scene where Heath is being chased down a street by a mob was the last one shot in london before he headed back to New York and passed away :\'( ) will be very moving i think.

I saw a documentary about Heath last night on E! (not sure if this has been shown in America too as it is an American channel we get over here) and it was an hour long and followed Heaths journey through his life. It was really up to date and even mentioned "The Imaginarium..." and it had me with tears in my eyes watching it..... :\'( Just when i thought i was ok! Such a shame such a waste of a life and talent. But never forgotten x x

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #3965 on: Aug 08, 2008, 03:56 PM »
I saw a documentary about Heath last night on E! (not sure if this has been shown in America too as it is an American channel we get over here) and it was an hour long and followed Heaths journey through his life. It was really up to date and even mentioned "The Imaginarium..." and it had me with tears in my eyes watching it..... :\'( Just when i thought i was ok! Such a shame such a waste of a life and talent. But never forgotten x x

I saw that one on youtube...I was crying almost all the time :\'(
And its as you said, such a waste of a life and talent :-\\
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3966 on: Aug 08, 2008, 04:35 PM »
I miss Heath like crazy and wish that we could have had him for years to come, but I just can't call it a waste of a life and talent, because his life was so full, and he didn't waste even a minute of it. And the talent he shared with us during his too short life was breathtaking and inspiring. As much as we want him with us now, I still can't help being grateful for the time he was here and the gifts that he left us.

:ghug: to everyone.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3967 on: Aug 08, 2008, 04:45 PM »
I miss Heath like crazy and wish that we could have had him for years to come, but I just can't call it a waste of a life and talent, because his life was so full, and he didn't waste even a minute of it. And the talent he shared with us during his too short life was breathtaking and inspiring. As much as we want him with us now, I still can't help being grateful for the time he was here and the gifts that he left us.

I didnt mean that it was a waste of a life and talent, even if it sounded like that. I'm so happy for the things he did in his life and I know that he didnt waste a minute of it. He lived in the now and didnt care much about tomorrow,or thats what I think and thats what made him so great.
And I will always be grateful for all the wonderful things he did in his life <^(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline Brokeback adoration

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #3968 on: Aug 08, 2008, 06:04 PM »
We still have "The Imaginarium Of Dr Parnassuss" to wait for...  :ghug: :ghug:

oh yeah, that's right!!  :)
I thought that Johnny Deep was replacing him completely, but I just read somewhere in the forum, that he is going to appear in the movie after all  <^( It would have been awful otherwise.

But thank you so much, it really helps to remember that.  :) Can't wait to see it, even though it is going to be really hard.

Just listened to "here comes the sun" by The Beatles and it always makes me think of Heath.

:ghug: to everyone here, you're all great.
"I find it personally disappointing that people kind of go out of their way to voice their disgusts or their opinions against the ways two people choose to love one another" - Heath Ledger.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #3969 on: Aug 10, 2008, 12:08 AM »
This is my understanding of how it will be -- though I don't always retain all the details perfectly and I'm sure others know more precisely than I do.

Heath finished all the parts of before he goes into this "magic mirror" thing, and the other actors are taking his parts of on the other side of the "mirror."  So that's why I think it serendipitously worked out as well as possible under the circumstances.  And it makes it unique, as if it could really have been written like that.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #3970 on: Aug 10, 2008, 05:14 AM »

I am with you all the way,  :ghug: FlwrChild. I am forever grateful.  :ghug: and I am trying to not miss Heath so much, but ... better love enough to hurt, than not feeling anything at all.

The weekend with db and Ethan and tpe and romeo helped me to find a new normal...one where the candle burning for Heath and Ennis isn't hidden anymore, but ready for sharing with anyone who wants a bit of the flame. And sharing makes it easier.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #3971 on: Aug 10, 2008, 03:12 PM »
I am with you all the way,  :ghug: FlwrChild. I am forever grateful.  :ghug: and I am trying to not miss Heath so much, but ... better love enough to hurt, than not feeling anything at all.

The weekend with db and Ethan and tpe and romeo helped me to find a new normal...one where the candle burning for Heath and Ennis isn't hidden anymore, but ready for sharing with anyone who wants a bit of the flame. And sharing makes it easier.

I am so glad for you, LC.  You already were a big, sharing part of this forum, but now that you've spent time together with wonderful Brokies...  New normal, yes, that's what we have to find and learn.

kathy
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008, 09:34 PM by ksxks »

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3972 on: Aug 12, 2008, 07:53 AM »
Oh damn... I just watched the E! special on youtube, first time I saw it, and it made me so sad. :\'(

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3973 on: Aug 12, 2008, 08:20 AM »
Oh damn... I just watched the E! special on youtube, first time I saw it, and it made me so sad. :\'(

Keren :ghug: :ghug:

Its very had to watch it, but they say alot of good and wonderful things about him.
 But the line thats describe exactly how I felt when I found out that he was gone is "my heart drooped, I felt sick inside" (I don't what the mans name is) and I still have the moments when I feel sick thinking that he is gone...that he will never see him little girl again... :\'( :\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3974 on: Aug 12, 2008, 11:42 AM »
Thanks Em. I feel that way too. :ghug:

I just watched this tribute video. The quality of the footage is really low but god, his smiles... when his face break out in a smile it's like the sun shining.

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3975 on: Aug 12, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Thanks Em. I feel that way too. :ghug:

I just watched this tribute video. The quality of the footage is really low but god, his smiles... when his face break out in a smile it's like the sun shining.

Oh god I know...I miss his smile, I miss everything about him :\'( :\'(
It doesnt matter if the quality is bad because his smile lites up the video <^(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline sportstalk23

• Alma
  • E&J 4EVER
« Reply #3976 on: Aug 12, 2008, 03:08 PM »
although I was gassed to see TDK I'm not sure where I stand on the Parnassius yet hell I still havent watched the Crow yet starring Brandon Lee as he died while filming that movie it makes it harder for me to separate when an actor dies while in the process of their work

babytammy7

« Reply #3977 on: Aug 12, 2008, 03:16 PM »
I’m feeling quite sad today.

In my office men are totally homophobic, and they always laugh at BBM. I’m mad most of times….Other times I just try to ignore them.

Tomorrow we’ll be able to see TDK here in Spain. FINALLY!!! And everyone is just talking about it. My boss is totally excited, and the rest of my co workers too.

They thought that Heath was so bad acting at BBM and they have not even seen the film…..But now they are saying that they have seen TDK trailers and a lot of stuff, and read reviews and things, and they think that Heath is gonna be awesome, that he’s gonna be the best Joker ever, that he deserves the Oscar….And this things they were saying gave me wings, and I started to talk an awful lot about Heath these last days, about his acting and about how great he was.

But today we were talking about him, and my boss said that it was such stupid thing that he died so young because of his crazy things…..I got sooooo mad just in a second, and I went ballistic because I was not going to admit again that shit about him being a junkie. I started to say that it was all a terrible accident, but they started to laugh and said “accident my ass, he was a junkie, he took like 20 pills and…”, and I just didn’t let them to end!! I was like what? 20 pills? What the f***?  And I started to explain what it was what truly happened. They listened to me all quiet (I couldn’t believe it) and then when I finished my boss said: “anyway, Tammy, it doesn’t mind if it was 4 or 20 pills, or if he was a junkie or not. He was totally crazy”. It was like a punch in my guts. I was breathless and before I remembered how to speak again, all my co workers started to agree with my boss, saying that he was so right, Heath was totally crazy and it was very obvious….

I tried to calm myself….tried to not sound hard, to be patient and I said I didn’t agree, I said he was a genius, and I asked why they all were so sure that Heath was crazy…and then, breath and sit down please friends, they said Heath was crazy because he was Australian, and all Australian people are crazy, especially the actors….

They went on and on, and I was so stunned that I left without saying anything else. I never thought that my boss and co workers were so ignorant, close minded, and again ignorant and ignorant and and and…
Crazy because you born in Australia? That’s totally stupid!!  ^*) ^*) ^*)

So now in my office all those people I spend 11 hours with everyday  are gonna say to me several days a week (like always) that Heath was not only a junkie but he was crazy too. 

Great. I’m feeling so down now. I don’t know how I’m gonna be able to stay in the same room with all those blind people. They are crazy, not Heath.

This hurts so bad. I can't even start to tell you how I was feeling all evening at work. I bet they think I’m crazy too.

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3978 on: Aug 12, 2008, 03:25 PM »
Tammy, honey :ghug: :ghug:

That was one of the most stupid things I have ever heard, crazy because he comes from Australia..wtf??!
He was FAR from crazy!!!

I have had the moments when I have explain to people that his death was an accident, I don't know how many times the people I explained it to said "yeah whatever" and I know its hard to try and stay calm when that happens, you just get so angry that you don't know what to do.
But one time I said "so if someone that you love was found dead and everybody said that he/she took alot of pills and was a drug addict and you knew that wasn't the truth, what would you do?"  He didn't say anything, he just walked away....
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline sportstalk23

• Alma
  • E&J 4EVER
« Reply #3979 on: Aug 12, 2008, 03:36 PM »
I’m feeling quite sad today.

In my office men are totally homophobic, and they always laugh at BBM. I’m mad most of times….Other times I just try to ignore them.

Tomorrow we’ll be able to see TDK here in Spain. FINALLY!!! And everyone is just talking about it. My boss is totally excited, and the rest of my co workers too.

They thought that Heath was so bad acting at BBM and they have not even seen the film…..But now they are saying that they have seen TDK trailers and a lot of stuff, and read reviews and things, and they think that Heath is gonna be awesome, that he’s gonna be the best Joker ever, that he deserves the Oscar….And this things they were saying gave me wings, and I started to talk an awful lot about Heath these last days, about his acting and about how great he was.

But today we were talking about him, and my boss said that it was such stupid thing that he died so young because of his crazy things…..I got sooooo mad just in a second, and I went ballistic because I was not going to admit again that shit about him being a junkie. I started to say that it was all a terrible accident, but they started to laugh and said “accident my ass, he was a junkie, he took like 20 pills and…”, and I just didn’t let them to end!! I was like what? 20 pills? What the f***?  And I started to explain what it was what truly happened. They listened to me all quiet (I couldn’t believe it) and then when I finished my boss said: “anyway, Tammy, it doesn’t mind if it was 4 or 20 pills, or if he was a junkie or not. He was totally crazy”. It was like a punch in my guts. I was breathless and before I remembered how to speak again, all my co workers started to agree with my boss, saying that he was so right, Heath was totally crazy and it was very obvious….

I tried to calm myself….tried to not sound hard, to be patient and I said I didn’t agree, I said he was a genius, and I asked why they all were so sure that Heath was crazy…and then, breath and sit down please friends, they said Heath was crazy because he was Australian, and all Australian people are crazy, especially the actors….

They went on and on, and I was so stunned that I left without saying anything else. I never thought that my boss and co workers were so ignorant, close minded, and again ignorant and ignorant and and and…
Crazy because you born in Australia? That’s totally stupid!!  ^*) ^*) ^*)

So now in my office all those people I spend 11 hours with everyday  are gonna say to me several days a week (like always) that Heath was not only a junkie but he was crazy too. 

Great. I’m feeling so down now. I don’t know how I’m gonna be able to stay in the same room with all those blind people. They are crazy, not Heath.

This hurts so bad. I can't even start to tell you how I was feeling all evening at work. I bet they think I’m crazy too.

take a deep breath Tammy  :ghug: and dont feel the need to explain anything intellectual with morons Heath's death was an ACCIDENT plain and simple how many of us have over indulged doing something we thought was for the best and turned into a mistake unfortunately for Heath his mistake was TRAGICALLY FATAL, and as for the homophobes please rest assured I know a few in the hood who talk crap about BBM being that gay movie until I break it down that not only was this movie seen by millions, one of those was the rap icon Jay-Z you should see the looks on their faces priceless  ;Dcuz you cant be more of a mans mans than Jay-Z look who he married Beyonce  ;)

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3980 on: Aug 12, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Tammy, I'm really sorry that you had to endure those awful words from your work colleagues...its hard to believe that people believe things like that - saying he's crazy because he came from Australia is what's crazy...that makes no rational sense... *^)

Just hold on to what you believe and know that we all feel the same way as you do.... :ghug:

"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #3981 on: Aug 12, 2008, 03:48 PM »
Tammy, I am sorry to read that it upset you so much...some people are just ignorant and don't want to know better..I pity them!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3982 on: Aug 12, 2008, 05:31 PM »
Tammy   :ghug: - I am really sorry to hear that you had to go through this. Human being can be so cruel sometimes. Just ignore and forgive them. At least you stood up for it and have tried.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Marj

• Jack + Ennis
  • Save a horse, Ride a cowboy
« Reply #3983 on: Aug 12, 2008, 05:40 PM »

Hey sweetie, Jesus, what an ignorant fools at your office, no wonder you feel so upset. If they had said that to me, I would have knocked the living daylight out of their eyes, or I would just left, go home and let them sort things out for themselves. Don't let them get to you though, it's not worth it. I know it's hard to ignore them, maybe you can even demand that they don't talk about it anymore because it upsets you. Who cares what they think of that, a little respect to your co-worker is not a big thing to ask. If they think Australian people are crazy, they haven't met Dutch people yet..much more crazy...especially one called Marj  ;)
Well, you know all about that of course, good thing for them, I'm not a famous Dutch movie star.  ^^)

But seriously, just ignore them, they don't know better. And we can't expect everybody feels the same way we do. BTW I heard on the radio today that the investigation of Heath's death is completed and his death was an ACCIDENT. So if they believe otherwise, they are just plain stupid.
Jack Twist: "...so what we got now is Brokeback Mountain...I wish I knew how to quit you."

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #3984 on: Aug 12, 2008, 05:48 PM »
god thats disgusting and crazy,

tammy.... :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

im a bit stunned to say mcuh and everone else has took the words out of my mouth anyway but god...how crazy can people get so blind and foolish

Offline rimasworld

• Ennis
  • If ya can't fix it ya gotta stand it
« Reply #3985 on: Aug 12, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Some people are so ignorant they never cease to amaze me. On a lighter note, I came across an article last night about when Jake was filming his movie The Brothers. Not long before Heath passed, - In an intense early prison scene, Gyllenhaal jokingly reached into his pocket and took out a picture of his brokeback beau to stick on the prison wall. "Like those prisoners put (loved ones) but Jake's was Heath Ledger", one set source recalls. "That was a nice moment." Their friendship was awesome.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #3986 on: Aug 12, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Some people are so ignorant they never cease to amaze me. On a lighter note, I came across an article last night about when Jake was filming his movie The Brothers. Not long before Heath passed, - In an intense early prison scene, Gyllenhaal jokingly reached into his pocket and took out a picture of his brokeback beau to stick on the prison wall. "Like those prisoners put (loved ones) but Jake's was Heath Ledger", one set source recalls. "That was a nice moment." Their friendship was awesome.
id love to read that article! any idea where i might find it?

Offline lamusica

• Ennis
« Reply #3987 on: Aug 12, 2008, 07:07 PM »
OH, Tammy, darlin', don't let the bastards get you down!  Just laugh in their faces.  They're too stupid to take so seriously.  If they persist in saying all Aussies are crazy, just say, "Well, it takes one to know one!"
You know what Heath was and still is, so who gives a shit what your co-workers have to say.  They are  miserable, puling ignoramuses, and they CAN'T HURT YOU!  Don't give them that power over you!  You are too wonderful, sweet and kind to have to listen to their ignorant crap!
Cheer up, Tammy!  We are all behind you!  We love you, and we know our favorite Aussie was anything but crazy!
"Let's put a SSSSMILE on your faceeee!"

Offline rimasworld

• Ennis
  • If ya can't fix it ya gotta stand it
« Reply #3988 on: Aug 12, 2008, 08:35 PM »
id love to read that article! any idea where i might find it?

Here's the link to entire article:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174820,00.html

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #3989 on: Aug 12, 2008, 09:18 PM »
[...]

:ghug: Tammy  :ghug: please don't let other people's ignorance become your problem.

First of all, it doesn't matter what they think of Heath. Even if the whole of Spain think as they do, Heath would still be the man that he was, and more and more people are learning just how great he was.

Second of all, for your own sake, whenever they talk about Heath, just turn up your music player, and ignore them. That's what I do. Ignorant people do not deserve my attention. There was a clown in the office once, who said the same thing about Heath, the day he died, that he was .... I just ignored him from that day forward. We can choose our friends. Just be professional at work, and they can say nothing about you. When they try to get your goat, smile and change the subject.  I always try to remember the lyrics of my favorite song: My Wish, by Rascal Flatts:

"...if it's cold outside,
 show the world
 the warmth of your smile,..."

It's easier when I can think of Heath's smile, in Brokeback, in A Knight's Tale...

Finally, amiga  :ghug: just for being you.  :ghug:
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.