Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732750 times)

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4230 on: Nov 15, 2008, 05:10 PM »
Yes, I have had three dreams about Heath since watching BBM (May this year).  The first one was shortly after my first viewing and it was about his breakup with Michelle and it was really sad and had me thinking about it for days afterwards.  On the plus side, one of them has been really rather nice and involved me giving him a massage - that's quite a nice thought to be waking up to!!

But his death just hits me sometimes, like a punch in the guts, and I can't believe or understand it.  I so often think, "this time last year, he was still here".

DHW, that's a good way to put it - a punch in the guts.  That's precisely how it feels when it really hits you every now and then.   :\'(

And I know what you mean about "this time last year.."   I hate to think how this Christmas is going to be for his family and friends next month.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4231 on: Nov 16, 2008, 10:49 AM »
And I know what you mean about "this time last year.."   I hate to think how this Christmas is going to be for his family and friends next month.

That's exactly what I've been thinking about. Christmas last year was the last time they saw him alive, and he was so happy to spend some time at home with his family and friends back then. How will they ever be able to celebrate this holiday without him, I don't know  :\'( :\'( :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Anne is unique, Anne is Magnifique
« Reply #4232 on: Nov 18, 2008, 12:00 PM »
http://gallery.me.com/ul_flyer#100193

here you can watch or download a song called

"Brokeback bound" dedied to Heath Ledger performance in BBM   :\'(
...Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #4233 on: Nov 18, 2008, 01:17 PM »
DHW, that's a good way to put it - a punch in the guts.  That's precisely how it feels when it really hits you every now and then.   :\'(

That's exactly what I've been thinking about. Christmas last year was the last time they saw him alive, and he was so happy to spend some time at home with his family and friends back then. How will they ever be able to celebrate this holiday without him, I don't know  :\'( :\'( :\'(

This is so sad to even imagine their Christmas without Heath.....I think we all need to pray for God to give them the strength and courage of getting through this time..They will always cherish every memory they have spend with him..The memories will give them happiness as they remember all the times that they have spend together with him as well as sadness as he is not there..He will always be alive in spirit with them and with us :ghug:

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4234 on: Nov 21, 2008, 11:01 AM »
I know it's been posted before, but I came across this video again when I was googling for pics of Heath... it's so genuine and touching that I needed to share it again. :\'(

Daniel Day Lewis talking about Heath on Oprah's show

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/25/daniel-daylewis-breaks-d_n_83238.html?page=4

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4235 on: Nov 21, 2008, 12:04 PM »
OMG,Keren¡ In the day before the 10 months anniversary of his passing,this video is more touching than never¡  :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4236 on: Nov 21, 2008, 07:33 PM »

HEATH,I HOPE YOU HAVE FOUND THE NICEST CLOUD WHERE YOUR SOUL CAN REST.WHERE YOUR SWEET EYES CAN COMPARE WITH ANGEL'S EYES.MY POOR BABY...   :\'( 
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4237 on: Nov 22, 2008, 08:46 AM »
OMG,Keren¡ In the day before the 10 months anniversary of his passing,this video is more touching than never¡  :\'(

Alicia, I know.  It really is.   :\'(  Daniel's pain and shock are plain to see, and it is heart-wrenching to watch.

Thanks for the link, Keren.   :^^)

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4238 on: Nov 22, 2008, 09:19 AM »
I always feel compelled to write something for Heath on the 22nd (or 23rd, actually, in Oz), and this month was no different.   :\'(

Mourning Mist

A mirage, your face,
                                                                   when I awoke
                                                               when I rose on this
                                                                       morning.
                                                          It cast a haze upon my day,
                                                                this date of quiet
                                                                     mourning.
                                                                    A haze of you
                                                              of beauty and sorrow
                                                            a mist of joy and mourning,
                                                              a seaspray of sadness
                                                               a smoke of happiness
                                                           like dense fog in the morning.
                                                                       Beautiful.
                                                                      Wretched.
                                                                Exquistite and awful,
                                                          profound, condensed, concealed.
                                                        And ever there beneath life's noise,
                                                            so quiet, like the morning.
                                                             The haze grows denser
                                                                  it aches so much
                                                        This tenth month of the mourning.

I can't believe it's been ten months....  Almost a year.  It's gone so quickly for me, but in other ways, also slowly and sadly.  I've said this before but I'll say it again: I'm so thankful to all you wonderful people for understanding that the grief is so real.  Most of my real-life friends expect me to just get over it, and don't seem to realize how profound the loss is for all of us that loved and worshiped him so much.  Thank you all.  :ghug:

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4239 on: Nov 22, 2008, 11:35 PM »
Very, very beautiful, Laura.  Your poetry is lovely...but even beautiful words do not quite do Heath justice.  His very special, unique spirit -- that we should still feel so strongly the loss of him.  We may not be able to discern a "reason" for someone like him going too soon, unless it's just a sad lesson to learn -- that we should cherish a sparkling moment, for it may well not last.

I'm glad you're glad, and I'm glad also, that we here understand each other about Heath.  Certainly people out in our "regular" lives would not have a clue as to why me might be so sad this day...

kathy

I always feel compelled to write something for Heath on the 22nd (or 23rd, actually, in Oz), and this month was no different.   :\'(

Mourning Mist

A mirage, your face,
                                                                   when I awoke
                                                               when I rose on this
                                                                       morning.
                                                          It cast a haze upon my day,
                                                                this date of quiet
                                                                     mourning.
                                                                    A haze of you
                                                              of beauty and sorrow
                                                            a mist of joy and mourning,
                                                              a seaspray of sadness
                                                               a smoke of happiness
                                                           like dense fog in the morning.
                                                                       Beautiful.
                                                                      Wretched.
                                                                Exquistite and awful,
                                                          profound, condensed, concealed.
                                                        And ever there beneath life's noise,
                                                            so quiet, like the morning.
                                                             The haze grows denser
                                                                  it aches so much
                                                        This tenth month of the mourning.

I can't believe it's been ten months....  Almost a year.  It's gone so quickly for me, but in other ways, also slowly and sadly.  I've said this before but I'll say it again: I'm so thankful to all you wonderful people for understanding that the grief is so real.  Most of my real-life friends expect me to just get over it, and don't seem to realize how profound the loss is for all of us that loved and worshiped him so much.  Thank you all.  :ghug:
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4240 on: Nov 23, 2008, 08:56 AM »
I think I talked here after Barack Obama was elected for president of the US, and said how I thought Heath would've liked that. Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought that.

This is Michael Stipe during a performance in Austin TX, dedicating his song Until The Day Is Done to his friend Heath (it's a very political song from R.E.M's new album). I saw another video with this dedication before but the quality was too poor and I couldn't understand what he said. Here I could here it.

"Number one, I know that Austin came out strong for Barack Obama and I wanna salute you for that.

Number two, I just wanna say that I'm really sick to death of politicians telling me what I should be afraid of and what I should fear.

And number three, I'm gonna dedicate the first song to a man who heard this song and loved it, and his name is Heath Ledger. this is called Until The Day Is Done".

These are the lyrics:

The battle's been lost, the war is not won
An addled republic, a bitter refund
The business first flat earthers licking their wounds
The verdict is dire, the country's in ruins

Providence blinked, facing the sun
Where are we left to carry on
Until the day is done
Until the day is done

As we've written our stories to entertain
These notions of glory and bull market gain
The teleprompt flutters, the power surge brings
An easy speed message falls into routine

Until the day is done
Until the day is done

A voice whispers "Son,
The blessed vision comes."
What have I done
What have I done

So hold tight your babies and your guns
Forgive us our trespasses, father and son

Until the day is done
Until the day is done
Until the day is done
Until the day is done
Until the day is done
Until the day is done

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
« Reply #4241 on: Nov 25, 2008, 02:17 PM »
this is a roumanian song an woonderful actor and this remainds me of Heaths so so much...
the words are:he:I knew that i was a blind man,even in the morning's dew,but i didn't told it to everybody cos i didn't want to bitter my life...the big eyes to open them like this,and to keep them just like that,i'm so blind in front of u,look u can see throw me what is wrong and what is good...
she:what is an actor?and what does he want to tell?a simple walker with a cigarette in his hand,he's alone and sad,the curtain is fallen,the glass is empty,the moment is gone...
And tomorow is another day,and the day inside u will beautiful smile,to te hope in myself...
he:And i,i'm a blind man,in your face and look u can see throu me what is wrong and what is right ,what is wrong and wjat is right...
in English sounds a lil bit stupitbt in roumanian sounds like art;...u should listen to his voice...the video is so so beautiful...this is a genius,a wonderful actor...it' roumanian but u should see it...wonderful it remaind me of Heath so so much////tell me what u think
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4242 on: Nov 25, 2008, 11:13 PM »
It is so true, what Michelle Williams said, and I'd not exactly thought of it like this:  that the more time goes on, the more we miss him, not less.  All the days, day after day, everything you do, there is more to miss of our dear departed...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4243 on: Nov 26, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Yes, it is true. Like she said, in some ways it gets worse. I don't even bother to ask myself why I'm so deeply affected by it when I didn't even know him personally, and thankfully I don't have to explain it here... but it is the proof that you can miss someone that you never met. He was a part of my life without even knowing him. And I miss him so much it hurts. I can't imagine what it's like for the people who did know him, for his close friends and his family... how can you go on living with such a huge hole in your heart?

I suspect that the awards season is going to be hard. I just watched Kim Ledger accepting the GQ Actor Of The Year award on behalf of his beautiful boy and I'm a mess  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
« Reply #4244 on: Nov 26, 2008, 11:37 AM »
It is so true, what Michelle Williams said, and I'd not exactly thought of it like this:  that the more time goes on, the more we miss him, not less.  All the days, day after day, everything you do, there is more to miss of our dear departed...

kathy
when did michelle tell that ?
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4245 on: Nov 26, 2008, 11:48 AM »
when did michelle tell that ?

In a recent interview that was published in Newsweek. it was also posted on the forum, in Michelle's Articles/interviews thread.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/170184

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4246 on: Nov 27, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Michelle seems to me as a lovely woman¡ And she's right,the more time goes on,the more one misses a beloved person.It has happenned with any of us who have lost someone and,of course,is happenning with someone as wonderful as Heath. :\'(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4247 on: Nov 27, 2008, 08:37 PM »
I completely agree with Michelle Williams here. 

And Alicia, I concur with you there, too.  Michelle does seem to be a lovely person indeed, and I think she was so suited to Heath.  Sigh.

Keren, I too was a mess watching Kim Ledger accept his "beautiful boy's" posthumous award.  And reading the quote from Michael Stipe undid me, too.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4248 on: Nov 28, 2008, 01:34 AM »
In a recent interview that was published in Newsweek. it was also posted on the forum, in Michelle's Articles/interviews thread.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/170184

Thanks, Keren, for a brief glimpse into Michelle's personal grief for Heath. What she said is so beautiful, "grief is like a moving river, ...it's always changing." Everyday, there is something new that happened that she couldn't share with Heath, something different that she might reach out, and find emptiness instead.  :\'( The sadness is the same, but the grief of missing him is always different.

There's no end to this. I am grateful for her openness, and I think there should be a law against paparazzi.

If there is a special hell for these people, Dante would design it with glass walls, where everything they do 24/7 is shown on TV, plastered on their chair, desks, even when they close their eyes.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

vedrana

« Reply #4249 on: Nov 28, 2008, 03:38 AM »
Thanks, Karen, for a brief glimpse into Michelle's personal grief for Heath. What she said is so beautiful, "grief is like a moving river, ...it's always changing." Everyday, there is something new that happened that she couldn't share with Heath, something different that she might reach out, and find emptiness instead.  :\'( The sadness is the same, but the grief of missing him is always different.

There's no end to this. I am grateful for her openness, and I think there should be a law against paparazzi.

If there is a special hell for these people, Dante would design it with glass walls, where everything they do 24/7 is shown on TV, plastered on their chair, desks, even when they close their eyes.

Lance :c),

I wrote the very same thing in my post for the same article! The post WAS ERASED IMMIDIATELLY!! Now, what about that? I couldn't believe it!  >:(

Michelle is having a hard time without Heath, she's struggling with her pain and sorrow, and openly said that she resents paparazzi interfearing her life! And I agree with her. She has to find her strenght and move on, and interfearing from others who are only feeding upon her grief is definitely not helping her.

I feel so deeply for Michelle and Matilda Rose! I understand their grief and hope that they'll find a way to survive in this cruel world! ^f^ <^(

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4250 on: Nov 28, 2008, 12:48 PM »

I wrote the very same thing in my post for the same article! The post WAS ERASED IMMIDIATELLY!! Now, what about that? I couldn't believe it!  >:(

Michelle is having a hard time without Heath, she's struggling with her pain and sorrow, and openly said that she resents paparazzi interfearing her life! And I agree with her. She has to find her strenght and move on, and interfearing from others who are only feeding upon her grief is definitely not helping her.

I feel so deeply for Michelle and Matilda Rose! I understand their grief and hope that they'll find a way to survive in this cruel world! ^f^ <^(

Hi, Loreen, I am sorry your post was erased. Perhaps one of the moderators will know what happened, if you ask them nicely. I would've like to read your thoughts on this subject or any subject in this forum.

It is always amazing to me how much we all share very similar feelings from so very different backgrounds and places and cultures. Love is universal, and our love for Heath and everything he touched is also universal.
 :ghug: ^f^ :c) :cr)

vedrana

« Reply #4251 on: Nov 28, 2008, 03:36 PM »
Hi, Loreen, I am sorry your post was erased. Perhaps one of the moderators will know what happened, if you ask them nicely. I would've like to read your thoughts on this subject or any subject in this forum.

It is always amazing to me how much we all share very similar feelings from so very different backgrounds and places and cultures. Love is universal, and our love for Heath and everything he touched is also universal.
 :ghug: ^f^ :c) :cr)

Lance :c)^f^

I mislead you with my inadequate English...  ~) My post was erased in other forum, not here! I am so stupid not to emphasize that!  %&)

Yes, love and feelings are universal, as we are all humans, and all of us can imagine what Michelle and her lovely daughter are going through without their beloved Heath!   :\'(

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4252 on: Nov 29, 2008, 02:08 AM »
Lance :c)^f^

I mislead you with my inadequate English...  ~) My post was erased in other forum, not here! I am so stupid not to emphasize that!  %&)

Yes, love and feelings are universal, as we are all humans, and all of us can imagine what Michelle and her lovely daughter are going through without their beloved Heath!   :\'(

Oh, no, Loreen, your English is very good. I have no doubt it was simple misunderstanding, that happens with native English speakers, too. Please don't put yourself down for any reason because I have seen your posts and they are very insightful.

You are intelligent and with a compassionate heart. That's a precious combination that is rare, anywhere.
 :ghug: :c) ^f^

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4253 on: Nov 29, 2008, 03:39 AM »
Thanks, Keren, for a brief glimpse into Michelle's personal grief for Heath. What she said is so beautiful, "grief is like a moving river, ...it's always changing." Everyday, there is something new that happened that she couldn't share with Heath, something different that she might reach out, and find emptiness instead.  :\'( The sadness is the same, but the grief of missing him is always different.

I respect and like Michelle so much, too (and am looking forward to her new movies).  I'm sorry that she and Heath had their problems, and that would just add to her grief.

As to the paparazzi, Andrew, so right!!  God, how can they look at themselves in the mirror?  How can they sleep at night?  How can you do something that you know is making people HATE you?  Maybe years ago, when it was a relatively new phenomenon, they were like the exception, not the rule.  And think of things such as how respectful the media was toward FDR -- would never happen today!  I can't believe that after things like Princess Diana's death, and much publicity and public opinion against them, that they would start to be a little more cool.  But they seem even worse.  Vultures.  (Not to malign vultures -- they're just doing their animal thing that has its honored place in the natural world.)  I guess we can feel that "what goes around comes around," and they'll get theirs one day!  Meanwhile, I guess the magazines have to stop paying them for pictures.  Will that ever happen, do you think?

kathy

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4254 on: Nov 29, 2008, 04:38 AM »
I respect and like Michelle so much, too (and am looking forward to her new movies).  I'm sorry that she and Heath had their problems, and that would just add to her grief.

As to the paparazzi, Andrew, so right!!  God, how can they look at themselves in the mirror?  How can they sleep at night?  How can you do something that you know is making people HATE you?  Maybe years ago, when it was a relatively new phenomenon, they were like the exception, not the rule.  And think of things such as how respectful the media was toward FDR -- would never happen today!  I can't believe that after things like Princess Diana's death, and much publicity and public opinion against them, that they would start to be a little more cool.  But they seem even worse.  Vultures.  (Not to malign vultures -- they're just doing their animal thing that has its honored place in the natural world.)  I guess we can feel that "what goes around comes around," and they'll get theirs one day!  Meanwhile, I guess the magazines have to stop paying them for pictures.  Will that ever happen, do you think?

kathy

I think technology has a bit to do with it. In the old days, reporters had to be close to their subject to take pictures. With telephoto lenses, digital photography, etc, the subject is just an anonymous object that the photographer does not have to meet, to be personable. The same lack of civility that permeates the internet is part of the problem.

As long as people will buy magazines or newspapers with these photos, that Heath reckoned as like a slap to the face, these paparazzi will continue to make their putrid living selling other people's lives. It is why I agree fully with the website's policy to never show any paparazzi photos. Everyone of them, no matter how much I love seeing them, represents a bit of pain on the other side of the lense.

Perhaps that's what we need to stop this...an electric shock to the photographer every time the camera captures a paparazzi photo. I can see the technology to do this, but it may be expensive to implement, and I doubt any equipment manufacturer would be willing to install it. It cuts into profits.

vedrana

« Reply #4255 on: Nov 29, 2008, 05:11 AM »
Oh, no, Loreen, your English is very good. I have no doubt it was simple misunderstanding, that happens with native English speakers, too. Please don't put yourself down for any reason because I have seen your posts and they are very insightful.

You are intelligent and with a compassionate heart. That's a precious combination that is rare, anywhere.
 :ghug: :c) ^f^

those were such a sweet words  ^f^,

coming from you - even sweeter!  :^^)

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #4256 on: Nov 29, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Miss you more and more every day Heath. You are always on my mind and always in my heart... :\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4257 on: Nov 29, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Miss you more and more every day Heath. You are always on my mind and always in my heart... :\'(

Same here, Emzan.  Same here.   :ghug:

The other day the sadness struck me all of a sudden at work, and I had to take a little break for a moment, during which I made this picture.  I ended up kinda liking it:

I hope our angel has found peace and joy.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4258 on: Nov 30, 2008, 02:43 PM »
I do too Laura. :ghug:

That's a beautiful picture. Would you mind if I saved it to my file?

It is still so nice to have this place to come to and see all of the genuine affection, both for Heath and for each other, expressed here. ^f^
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4259 on: Dec 01, 2008, 12:10 AM »
I think technology has a bit to do with it. In the old days, reporters had to be close to their subject to take pictures. With telephoto lenses, digital photography, etc, the subject is just an anonymous object that the photographer does not have to meet, to be personable. The same lack of civility that permeates the internet is part of the problem.

As long as people will buy magazines or newspapers with these photos, that Heath reckoned as like a slap to the face, these paparazzi will continue to make their putrid living selling other people's lives. It is why I agree fully with the website's policy to never show any paparazzi photos. Everyone of them, no matter how much I love seeing them, represents a bit of pain on the other side of the lense.

Perhaps that's what we need to stop this...an electric shock to the photographer every time the camera captures a paparazzi photo. I can see the technology to do this, but it may be expensive to implement, and I doubt any equipment manufacturer would be willing to install it. It cuts into profits.

You're so right -- I'd forgotten about that, the telephoto lens, etc.  If these people had to be within three feet of their subject, that would be totally different.  Although those pix always shock me also, the ones where there is a literal swarm of photographers surrounding someone just trying to get in their car or whatever.

I doubt there's really a solution to this because of the magazines.  Damn.  I, too, am very glad we don't post pap pix here.

kathy