Author Topic: ITZHAK PERLMAN'S PERFORMANCE OF 'THE WINGS' AT THE OSCARS!!!  (Read 7609 times)

Offline PeterPiperBoy

• Cassie
...I was on You Tube...earlier tonight...checking out all of the various music videos made in honor of "Brokeback Mountain"!   :s)

...and I came across old footage of Itzhak Perlman's violin performance of the different Oscar nominated scores from this year!  Of course, he saved the best for last when he played 'The Wings'!   <^(

...I was blown away of hearing this version of "The Wings" played in orchestrated form...with a touch of choir accompaniment!!!  Not to mention...seeing clips from the movie in the background!!!  IT WAS AWESOME!!!  MY JAR DROPPED!!!   :d)

...But, what got me pissed...was some of the other comments made by other You Tube users about "BrokeBack Mountain"s score!   ^*)

...Some of the them were saying that "Brokeback Mountain's film score wasn't as "interesting as the rest of the movies" score that were nominated!  "It lacked emotion!"   ^*()

...Of course...I wasn't gonna let them get away with this...I posted some comments of my own on the board too...shutting alot of mouths up!!!   %(

...Check out Itzhak Perlman's and Bill Conti's orchestrated rendition of BrokeBack Mountain and the rest of the Academy Award nominated film scores and let me know what you think?  Go to You Tube.com and type in "Itzhak Perlman @ the 2006 Oscars"!

Peace!!!   :c)

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
Re: ITZHAK PERLMAN'S PERFORMANCE OF 'THE WINGS' AT THE OSCARS!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2006, 07:53 AM »

Thank you very much, PeterPiperBoy, for shutting up the barbarians.

The music of BBM is simple but very beatiful, IMO.  In the orchestral dress that was played at the Oscars, "The Wings" really takes flight.

John Williams scores are quite sophisticated.  But, as in music, orchestration must be distinguished from the music itself.

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2006, 01:23 AM »
That's great. Could you post a link?

Offline horsewrangler

• Alma Jr.
  • horse wrangler
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2006, 02:04 AM »
That's great. Could you post a link?
I always loved this rendition to the music by Gustavo.

Adrian.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=43lupRnvCj0
His chest was heaving. He could smell Jack-the intensely familiar odor of cigarettes, musky sweat and a faint sweetness like grass, and with it the rushing cold of the mountain.     Annie Proulx

greenfrog

« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2006, 02:15 AM »
Thank you so much Adrian  :^^)

I love how it ends with the image of Ennis embracing Jack from behind.

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2009, 12:10 AM »
link still working http://youtube.com/watch?v=8TonKZRzSBI

One of my favorite interpretation of BBM piece. As much as I am still sore from that punch by 2006 Oscars, the last image of dozy embrace on the big screen still touches me.

Glad to see the clip is still there.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2009, 10:12 AM »
One of my favorite interpretation of BBM piece. As much as I am still sore from that punch by 2006 Oscars, the last image of dozy embrace on the big screen still touches me.

Glad to see the clip is still there.

I know, I love it...and the fact that it was used on your award and message tribute at the end, makes it even more special
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...