Author Topic: 2007 Oscar & BBM  (Read 5287 times)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
2007 Oscar & BBM
« on: Mar 04, 2007, 12:59 AM »
I know many of us don't care for the Oscar. I for one didn't watch the show this year...instead I was with our boys.

Here are some noticeable moments.

Did you know that Gustavo Santaolalla won Best Original Score again this year for "Babel"? He also won the BAFTA.  :clap:

Ann Hathaway was presenting an award - no mention of BBM when she was introduced.

There is also one scene of BBM during the show on the vid below (thanks froggy)

Youtube vid has been removed due to copyright issue - sorry.
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2007, 02:52 PM by ethan »
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline carlton5

• Lureen
Re: 2007 Oscar & BBM
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2007, 06:31 AM »
I avoided the Oscars also .but I also heard nothing was mentioned at all about BBM even after Gustavo won his award for Babel, not even mentioning he won last years award too for BBM ,even though other award winners  got mentioned for past wins . I saw a show in which they interviewed some of the actors from Jake's new film "Zodiac" and one of the actresses said that Jake was on the receiving end of  relentless jokes about BBM during the production, to the point that she felt so sorry for him. I guess Hollywood feels they should either still laugh at BBM or just ignore it altogether. I also tried to see the youtube vid but it was taken down on orders from AMPAS due to copyright infringement.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2007, 02:51 PM »
I avoided the Oscars also .but I also heard nothing was mentioned at all about BBM even after Gustavo won his award for Babel, not even mentioning he won last years award too for BBM ,even though other award winners  got mentioned for past wins .

Thanks for pointing out. I didn't know that the announcer didn't say anything about his win last year. Sorry that Youtube vid is removed.

Well, they made the mistake and will live on that mistake forever. I guess the best way is to ignore it and wish the time goes by faster. Either way we are here to stay.

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline flikker2005

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2007, 08:01 PM »
I did watch the 2007 awards.  I had no emotional investment in them this year.  I was glad that Gustavo won, but it is disappointing that there was no mention that it was his second win in a row.

Ellen was the only bright spot.

My only suggestion is that someone market a double DVD box set of "Crash" and "The Departed" for $9.99.  Call it "Films I will never watch."

Touts les événements sont enchaîné dans le meilleur des mondes possibles ... VOLTAIRE "Candide; ou L'Optimisme"

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2007, 09:51 PM »
special alert: WALMART spring sumer sale BOX DVD the departed and Crash at 9.99 then 3 for 0.99 one day special to all the morons who still believe its worth seeing more than BBM, my joke for today :d) :d) :d) :d) ^*() *^) ^^) ^^) ;D ;D
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline flikker2005

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2007, 09:45 PM »
special alert: WALMART spring sumer sale BOX DVD the departed and Crash at 9.99 then 3 for 0.99 one day special to all the morons who still believe its worth seeing more than BBM, my joke for today :d) :d) :d) :d) ^*() *^) ^^) ^^) ;D ;D

You make me laugh!
Touts les événements sont enchaîné dans le meilleur des mondes possibles ... VOLTAIRE "Candide; ou L'Optimisme"