Author Topic: So I got my Story to Screenplay book today...  (Read 20537 times)

Offline KatKat

• Lureen
Re: So I got my Story to Screenplay book today...
« Reply #30 on: Jun 20, 2006, 12:26 PM »

What brought them down during the Oscars were certainly not the critics not the directors.  I suspect it was their peers.  Peers should never be allowed to vote in such instances.  Too much jealousy and insider stupidity are at play.

I'm sorry..could you explain this more? I don't undestand.(I'm not an english as 1st language person :-[)
I wish I never know how to quit you Jake!!

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #31 on: Jun 20, 2006, 12:49 PM »

What brought them down during the Oscars were certainly not the critics not the directors.  I suspect it was their peers.  Peers should never be allowed to vote in such instances.  Too much jealousy and insider stupidity are at play.

I'm sorry..could you explain this more? I don't undestand.(I'm not an english as 1st language person :-[)

Sorry KatKat.  I was referring to their fellow actors.  Too many cliques and petty jealousies among them -- much much more than real talent.

Mediocrity abhors talent.

Offline KatKat

• Lureen
« Reply #32 on: Jun 20, 2006, 01:06 PM »

Sorry KatKat.  I was referring to their fellow actors.  Too many cliques and petty jealousies among them -- much much more than real talent.

so..did you mean the other actors can vote in Oscars as well? (I don't know a lot about Oscars)
I wish I never know how to quit you Jake!!

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #33 on: Jun 20, 2006, 01:20 PM »

so..did you mean the other actors can vote in Oscars as well? (I don't know a lot about Oscars)

Yes.  And I really don't agree with it.

Offline TheBoyFromNoWhere

• Lureen
« Reply #34 on: Jun 28, 2006, 02:06 AM »
if anyone think that the book is expensive, try to fly to thailand, affordable price... about 7 pounds or something.   O0

the first day i got the book, i couldn't sleep... i spent the night reading as much as i could.  however, i can't finish the book till now.  it's hard to read.  and i really wanna know all things in the book.  i have to try to read for many times.  :`)  so i keep the book and dvd with me all the time.  i take the book with me to my office and back home every day although i don't have time to read it.
if you don't got nothin', then you don't need nothin'.

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #35 on: Jun 28, 2006, 06:54 AM »
if anyone think that the book is expensive, try to fly to thailand, affordable price... about 7 pounds or something.   O0

the first day i got the book, i couldn't sleep... i spent the night reading as much as i could.  however, i can't finish the book till now.  it's hard to read.  and i really wanna know all things in the book.  i have to try to read for many times.  :`)  so i keep the book and dvd with me all the time.  i take the book with me to my office and back home every day although i don't have time to read it.

You have PBS.  :)

Offline ms.bluesky

• Lureen
« Reply #36 on: Jul 15, 2006, 02:59 PM »
lovely post and i think that u probaly will cried even more cause u under stand the story more after reading the book
:..i miss you so much i cant hardly stand it...:

Offline TheBoyFromNoWhere

• Lureen
« Reply #37 on: Jul 17, 2006, 02:21 AM »
yes... i could understand the film more after reading the book.  i have to say that it's really hard to know what heath speaks.  i've seen the movie for three times, the first with thai subtitle, the second with english subtitle, the third after reading the book to get more and more details.  i love the book as well as the movie.   <^(
if you don't got nothin', then you don't need nothin'.

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
« Reply #38 on: Sep 29, 2008, 03:00 PM »
from where i can get the screenplay?please help me i really want it (:)
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #39 on: Sep 29, 2008, 09:04 PM »
from where i can get the screenplay?please help me i really want it (:)

There is a book called "Brokeback Mountain - story to screenplay." It contains the short story and screenplay and doesn't cost much to buy. Not sure how difficult it is to find it in your country though.

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #40 on: Sep 29, 2008, 11:14 PM »
There is a book called "Brokeback Mountain - story to screenplay." It contains the short story and screenplay and doesn't cost much to buy. Not sure how difficult it is to find it in your country though.

I had a lot of trouble finding it in Canada. Even Chapters did not carry many copies. I had to run to three different stores. I was surprised that it only cost like $10. Then again, it is in soft cover.

I love the essays by the authors. They are worth the price all by themselves. Of course, there are also the photographs, and the screenplay, and the short story....It is definitely a treasure.

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #41 on: Sep 30, 2008, 04:11 AM »
i'm sure i can't find it here.i did't find the short sory nothing just the dvd.if in canada is so hard here in my preistorical country i'll surely won't find it.but online can i read it somewhere?

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #42 on: Sep 30, 2008, 08:32 AM »
Sorry it's no longer available online due to copyright issues and if any link is still available we cannot post is on the forum since it against our guidelines.

It could certainly be ordered from the French websites Amazon.fr or fnac.com, they deliver everywhere whitin the European Union.  Same for the U.K. branch of Amazon, I found Story to Screeplay still available there.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #43 on: Oct 02, 2008, 10:22 AM »
so i can't buy anything from amazon i need a card and i don't have one.