Author Topic: What Scenes Are You Going to Zoom in / Freeze / Replay on DVD?  (Read 35092 times)

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
Absolutely BBBOY. Not to mention SNIT. :)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
Let's not even go there!  :8
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
Hey, I just watch the SNIT in slo-mo not too long ago.  A little slow but very sweet and romantic.  I even enjoy the horse playing scene afterward until Aguirre and his binocular freaked me out.

Offline Daniblondy

• The Short Annoying Blue Eyed Blonde
  • Alma Jr.
SNIT in tent.

Definately one of my understanding of my many "Obsessions" (Tv Shows/Movies) he was doing all the "Zooming In and Out"  of the Tent Scene and also the "Reunion Kiss"

That was a Fun Friday Evening  :8 :cr) ^f^ &**) (:) ;D

Offline Marge Innavera

• Alma Jr.
When the DVD was released last year, I ordered my copy from tlavideo and got the wide screen version.  Then about six months later the dime store/Radio Shack in our little town had a sale on miscellaneous DVDs and there was Brokeback in the full screen version. So now I'm one of those fanatical Brokies with both versions.

I've heard arguments in favor of both, but prefer the full screen version. Especially for the tent scenes.   >:D

My own M.O. has been to watch the full movie alternately with selected favorite scenes: the trip up the mountain, FNIT, SNIT, the Reunion, motel scene, dozy embrace and the last two scenes.
Jack: "We kept it alive for each other for 20 years, even though all we had was just those bits ‘n pieces of time together, even with all the loneliness an’ after it turned bitter." 
Read Gift of Exile here.

Offline jeffjoe

• My name is Joe... Jeff Joe
  • Ennis
  • The magic is in us here...

I've heard arguments in favor of both, but prefer the full screen version. Especially for the tent scenes.   >:D
Amen girl!!!!!!!! You know, you know...  O0
Nunca me alejo, mas allá de una mirada...

Offline Magdalena

• Just in case you wonder...
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Feeling happy
The reunion kiss... sigh...
...Life is wonderful :)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
The reunion kiss... sigh...

I must agree... sigh...
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Nikita111

• Alma Jr.
reunion kiss.  <^(

Offline FredPtiteFée

• Jack + Ennis
  • It's nobody's business but ours...
reunion kiss.  <^(

How much I quote  <^( <^( <^(
"Faites que le rêve dévore votre vie... Afin que la vie ne dévore pas votre rêve"     Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal 2 actors 1 legend
The dozy embrace, no doubts.

babytammy7

The first scene at Signal!!! When Jack looked at Ennis the first time that was amazing, so sexy, powerful!!  (t)  (t)  (t) And Jack was f***g hot!!! When I saw that the first time I thought: What? Who is that boy? What the hell is he doing looking at like that? OMG  (t)

Then, SNIT, Kiss reunion and Dozy embrace!!!  <^( So beautiful, sweet, lovely...I have no words..... (:)  (:)  (:)

And of course, the treasure: "Anything interesting up there in heaven?" **Sigh**  <^(
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2007, 05:35 AM by Baby Tammy »

bruxa23

SNIT, Reunion  <^(

Offline irkaiel

• Alma
their last argument... and... the look... the breath...

brrr  :gnight:

Offline cowgirlKt!

• Alma
  • brokeback dreaming....
their last argument... and... the look... the breath...

brrr  :gnight:

this is a sweet look!! <^( so dreamy...! i like this scene in the film also the 2nd tent scene...it pulls at my heart strings...when Ennis silently goes to Jack in the tent and they need no words.... <^(  "you say it best..when you say nothing at all!" :)

heathlover1

Hi, I just heard about this site, and I wish I had known about it a long time ago. As for the topic, I didn't wait to Zoom in on scenes for the DVD. I recorded BBM on my HD DVR back in July of 2007. That was the first time I watched it. Well, after seeing it more than 50 times since then, I zoom in on the following scenes:
1. The first tent scene (I love the intensity and how sexy Heath looks)
2. The second tent scene. Love to see Heath kissing.
3. The reunion makeout of course.
4. when Ennis is introducing Jack to Alma. I love it that Ennis is breathing so heavy he can hardly speak.
5. When Ennis falls into Jacks arms crying when they saw each other for the last time.
6. I zoon in on what I think is the saddest scene in the whole movie. When Ennis is in the coffee shop, his pain is so intense and real, I want to feel like he feels, and that's when I completely break down.
7. Again like the coffee shop, when his daughter is talking about her wedding and he looks away, again choking up.

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
Welcome aboard Heathlover1

You'll find many like minded folk here. Love your selection of scenes, look forward to hearing more about what you're interested in. You can read lots and lots of great stuff about this whole wonderful event here.

jackster
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline pierralex

• Dreamer forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • que les moutons aillent se faire foutre
Welcome among us heathlover1  :cr)

you're definitely a true brokie, I think you'll feel at home here :)
"Texans don't drink coffee?"

heathlover1

THANK YOU FOR THE "WELCOMES!" Everybody is so friendly here, and so addicted and obssessed like me. This is awesome!

Now if I could just figure out how to maneuver around here. I think BBM is like a drug and killed some of my brain cells.  ;D

Offline jessicat80

• For every Jack, there's an
  • Ennis
  • until we meet again
When the DVD was released last year, I ordered my copy from tlavideo and got the wide screen version.  Then about six months later the dime store/Radio Shack in our little town had a sale on miscellaneous DVDs and there was Brokeback in the full screen version. So now I'm one of those fanatical Brokies with both versions.

My own M.O. has been to watch the full movie alternately with selected favorite scenes: the trip up the mountain, FNIT, SNIT, the Reunion, motel scene, dozy embrace and the last two scenes.

I agree it's hard to choose between wide and full screen, especially when slow mo'ing a scene, but the best to me is in the hotel. there are so many great moments to freeze and replay. Something in the full screen you can't see as well in wide is the fact that Ennis is holding on to Jack's arm; like he never wants to let go of him. Freezing his amazing facial expressions in this moment are great, but it really works best when you let it play and watch how Ennis' face and arm holding react to everything Jack says, everytime he shyly smiles in agreement, he also kind of shakes Jack's arm a little tighter. You've got to replay this, it's so sweet.
"I’d rather live in his world…..than live without him….in mine."                                       (Midnight Train to Georgia)

Offline bearhugman

• Alma Jr.
I think I have slo-moed/repeated every scene where Jack and Ennies interact, there looks/expressions often so fleeting tell a thousand words.
Plus Almas shock after the reunion kiss,
plus Lureen and Ennis on the phone speaking of Jacks Death, 
plus  Ennis's breakdown after saying goodbye After 1st BB,
plus Jacks look in the rearview mirror, after same.
plus Jacks tears, driving away, after Divorce scene,
plus Ennis saying sorry to Cassie,
plus Ennis's tears at the courthouse divorce,
plus Ma Twists "you are welcome to go up to his room, if you'd like"
plus Ennis's far away look when asking Jenny if her B/friend loved her.

And of course the two 'gut punches......'finding shirts', and  "I swear............"

How the hell, did this director get these performances!
How the hell  did these actors  give these performances!

Simply Superb (Sorry now stating the obvious)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
I think I have slo-moed/repeated every scene where Jack and Ennies interact, there looks/expressions often so fleeting tell a thousand words.
Plus Almas shock after the reunion kiss,
plus Lureen and Ennis on the phone speaking of Jacks Death, 
plus  Ennis's breakdown after saying goodbye After 1st BB,
plus Jacks look in the rearview mirror, after same.
plus Jacks tears, driving away, after Divorce scene,
plus Ennis saying sorry to Cassie,
plus Ennis's tears at the courthouse divorce,
plus Ma Twists "you are welcome to go up to his room, if you'd like"
plus Ennis's far away look when asking Jenny if her B/friend loved her.

And of course the two 'gut punches......'finding shirts', and  "I swear............"

How the hell, did this director get these performances!
How the hell  did these actors  give these performances!

Simply Superb (Sorry now stating the obvious)

no need to apologize, bm. you are saying what everyone here has been thinking. I think it was a labor of love, a collaboration of all the people who love Ennis and Jack working together. And did you notice that all the scenes you named, had Ennis in it, whether in the background or part of the action.

Even as I read your words, and recalling and visualizing those images in my mind, I am still brought to tears.

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline sportstalk23

• Alma
  • E&J 4EVER
I've got on my list

The opening scene where these 2 are obviously checking each other out trying to avoid each others eyes even in the trailer with sluggo on the phone they just cant seem to avoid looking at the other love it

Jack's rodeo dance because Ennis can no longer deny he is attracted to the Jackster :) and I love when Jack puts on a show

That entire FNIT I love slowing to the part where I could swear Jack turns to look at maybe his dream has come true that he's this close to Ennis and then smile? and the whole moving of the hand and the rest that follows O0

The SNIT the whole thing for all the obvious reasons

The horse play especially since it wasnt that long  :d)

Ennis checking out Jack on the horse he seems quite intrigued by him

The whole Reunion the hug, the shove into the wall the look on Jack's face which is priceless as Ennis does it (t)the whole clawing at each other gee how many times have i watched that

The final showdown when Ennis gets in Jack's face about Mexico because Ennis doesnt seem too please to know what Jack has been doing out of his line of sight

The dozy embrace

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
Those are all wonderful scenes. I think at one time or another, I have probably used the slo-mo feature on almost every scene, because different things strike me at different times and I want to see them again. And then of course, some are just favorites that I can never get enough of. Twisted made a video once of the DE in slow motion, set to the music that AP was listening to when she wrote the scene, and it is absolutely stunning.

And you know the most impressive thing of all to me? When you slow down any of these scenes, they are still the most beautiful things I've ever seen. So many films rely on the speed of a scene to get away with half rate efforts or hope that you don't notice the mistakes, and there is just nothing in this film that falls apart under scrutiny. Remarkable. :)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

babytammy7

Those are all wonderful scenes. I think at one time or another, I have probably used the slo-mo feature on almost every scene, because different things strike me at different times and I want to see them again. And then of course, some are just favorites that I can never get enough of. Twisted made a video once of the DE in slow motion, set to the music that AP was listening to when she wrote the scene, and it is absolutely stunning.

And you know the most impressive thing of all to me? When you slow down any of these scenes, they are still the most beautiful things I've ever seen. So many films rely on the speed of a scene to get away with half rate efforts or hope that you don't notice the mistakes, and there is just nothing in this film that falls apart under scrutiny. Remarkable. :)

Oh my!!! Amen, Barb!!  ^f^