Author Topic: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*  (Read 175230 times)

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*
« Reply #510 on: Jan 30, 2007, 02:29 PM »

Offline Edmund-Paul, The Baron of Ree

• Ennis
« Reply #511 on: Jan 30, 2007, 02:32 PM »
  ;D ;D

Gosh Carbyville - you replied faster to my posting than it took for Lureen to get her bra off!

Learn from Brokeback Mountain. Make the most of your life & love from now on.
Because if you can fix it - you don't have to stand it.

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #512 on: Jan 30, 2007, 02:39 PM »
Gosh Carbyville - you replied faster to my posting than it took for Lureen to get her bra off!

I'm slick like that :P

But seriously, I don't think Focus has the control over what is put on the DVD. I believe that is all Universal. So, Universal Nasty if anything.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #513 on: Jan 30, 2007, 05:02 PM »
You're right and I already posted it I'm quite sure the cast and crew don't get a cent of the new DVD sales  >:(
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jessi

• Jack
  • Till sunrise runs out of paint, even after...
« Reply #514 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:57 PM »
You're right and I already posted it I'm quite sure the cast and crew don't get a cent of the new DVD sales  >:(

The comments have made my night, lol.  I'm not sure who makes what, 'cept it ain't me, but I do think Ang Lee may have something to do with what is on the dvd.  Still... well time moves on and Universal likes money and all... and I'm as broke as Jack's heart last time we saw him, okay not that bad off, I'd take that loan he offered though, but anyways I'd pay for deleted scenes. 

jessi
I'm like one tiny insignificant star,
where your wonder shines on.

No thunder, not a storm
just rain, soft as tears wetting a cheek,
wiped with the ground. Mountain, heart stomped,
moans.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #515 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:09 PM »
Same here but no more money from me until deleted sceneds are available.  If I recall well, carbyville strated a petition.  It's somehwere in this thread.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jessi

• Jack
« Reply #516 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:17 PM »
I signed but if it is Ang Lee holding them back I have little hope of ever seeing them.  Someday they will be available, I just don't know how long and I'm not a young woman.  It has been a blessing to have the pictures of the deleted scenes.  I don't know who released those to us by name, but I'd like to say a tearful thank you.

jessi

No thunder, not a storm
moans.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #517 on: Jan 30, 2007, 09:53 PM »
I had suspected this.  Perhaps Ang Lee and the actors just wanted this behind them, or were just too busy with other commitments.  If this is true, then perhaps they will inevitably come around to making a commentary.

I wondered also if it is not Universal, but Ang Lee, maintaining control of the material still?  Would he, or any director, totally sell the rights to all of his footage, in this case to Universal?  If so, then it seems it is indeed a marketing ploy by Universal.  As to commentary, that would be interesting to hear the commentary by HL and JG and AL long after the fact.  Or, maybe they already did commentary, to some extent, and that footage exists already?

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #518 on: Jan 30, 2007, 09:54 PM »
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #519 on: Jan 31, 2007, 12:51 PM »
Now we've a new BBM measure of time - " quicker than Lureen got her bra off". Or perhaps "Quicker than Jack undid his buckle"?

sorry,  *o)

I likereading all this - haven't got the option of buying since it's not available in the UK but wasn;t going to anyway - it's a rip-off. Let's hope Universal pick up the vibes and do something....

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #520 on: Jan 31, 2007, 12:55 PM »
I'm about to write them and let them know, politely, about the discussions fans have about their Collector's Edition.  The least we could say is... we're disapointed, no?
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jessi

• Jack
« Reply #521 on: Jan 31, 2007, 12:59 PM »
hm, Well, I'm considering getting a big sign and going to Universal and protest. lol.  I guess a letter might do more good, although if Ang Lee doesn't want this, it will be sometime before we get those scenes, I'm afraid, hope I'm wrong.

jessi

No thunder, not a storm
moans.

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #522 on: Jan 31, 2007, 01:29 PM »
I'm about to write them and let them know, politely, about the discussions fans have about their Collector's Edition.  The least we could say is... we're disapointed, no?

Sounds like a plan. I am going to leave the petition up for a little while longer so I can hopefully get more signatures. The amount I've got right now really isn't that intimidating, but is a good start. Once I feel I have an adequate number I will be printing out two copies and mailing them to Universal and Entertainment in Video along with letters of my distaste with this sparse "Collector's Edition."

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #523 on: Jan 31, 2007, 01:51 PM »
I wrote to them, let's see if they will answer.  To make it short I told them I, and many members of fan webpages, were dispointed by their latest edition. 
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #524 on: Jan 31, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Thanks, Pierre.  It is safe to say that all of us are very disappointed.

Offline BBM Fan

• Ennis
« Reply #525 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:41 PM »
Sounds like a plan. I am going to leave the petition up for a little while longer so I can hopefully get more signatures. The amount I've got right now really isn't that intimidating, but is a good start. Once I feel I have an adequate number I will be printing out two copies and mailing them to Universal and Entertainment in Video along with letters of my distaste with this spar** "Collector's Edition."

Where's the petition, Carby? 

I pre-ordered mine from amazon & it was shipped on 1-22. I still don't have it - wrote them - they emailed an apology back and said to give it a couple more days.   >:(

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #526 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:47 PM »
The petition is above on this thread
 Jean-Louis Barrault

horo04

« Reply #527 on: Jan 31, 2007, 10:02 PM »
I went down to the states and picked it up (Canadians don't get it till feb6).  Sure there isn't much added to it.  Nice packaging, like the cards but all in all I'm glad I bought it.  I don't mind shelling out $25 for a BBM dvd once a year.  I say big deal!  Remember its for "collectors"!  The more BBM stuff the merrier I say.  If they put out (in the 1st place) the ultimate DVD with commentaries, deleted scenes, etc, etc...then we wouldn't have anything to look forward to.  I can't wait and hope for the next release which I know will be more better.

Offline jessi

• Jack
« Reply #528 on: Jan 31, 2007, 10:19 PM »
It was 20 dollars at Target, for those who want it.  I just put it back on the shelf.  I wasn't impressed by the outside cover though.  I pray we do get a chance to buy more with some of those scenes in it, I truly do.

jessi

No thunder, not a storm
moans.

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #529 on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:36 PM »
OK, emailed Universal - do you think it will do any good? They aren't even releasing this special edition in the UK, the bastards, after WE gave Jake the Bafta and made BBM Best Picture, which is more than you can say for the Academy. Talk about a prophet not being without honour except in his own country!

Wish there was some way of making our discontent more noticeable.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #530 on: Feb 01, 2007, 05:44 PM »
The more Borkies Emailing them, maybe they'll get the point.  We should all sign Carbyville's petition.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #531 on: Feb 01, 2007, 05:58 PM »
I'm taking the link to the petition here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/je1963/petition.html
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #532 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:55 PM »

Thank you for your help :^^)

Offline BBM Fan

• Ennis
« Reply #533 on: Feb 02, 2007, 12:29 AM »

Thanks, chameau.  That made it real easy.   &**)

Offline jessi

• Jack
« Reply #534 on: Feb 02, 2007, 12:44 AM »
Thank you for posting it.  I signed some time back but didn't have the link.  I just sent it to several people.

jessi

No thunder, not a storm
moans.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #535 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:12 AM »

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #536 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:49 PM »
I went down to the states and picked it up (Canadians don't get it till feb6).  Sure there isn't much added to it.  Nice packaging, like the cards but all in all I'm glad I bought it.  I don't mind shelling out $25 for a BBM dvd once a year.  I say big deal!  Remember its for "collectors"!  The more BBM stuff the merrier I say.  If they put out (in the 1st place) the ultimate DVD with commentaries, deleted scenes, etc, etc...then we wouldn't have anything to look forward to.  I can't wait and hope for the next release which I know will be more better.

Horo, this makes me laugh.  Now that you've brought it up this way, this new DVD set is indeed a "Collectors Edition" -- meaning, for you collectors who will just buy anything Brokeback Mountain even though it's not too different than all the stuff you already have!  That is some of us, for sure.

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #537 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:06 PM »
This interview with an assistant director maybe should go in some other thread, but at the beginning he talks about missing scenes, so I'll put the link here.  Actually, it's from findingbrokeback.com, I saw at the end, and maybe some have seen this before in any event -- it's not new or anything.

He talks about only two scenes shot that weren't used, but we know there are more than that.

kathy

http://www.findingbrokeback.com/Interviews/Tremblay/Tremblay.html

Offline jessi

• Jack
« Reply #538 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:17 PM »
Thanks for that link, I am surely going there.  Maybe a scene to him is more different than to me.  I mean, we know they shot a fairly long bit with the hippies, they shot more with him holding the sack with shirts, ang lee said they shot about 15 minutes not used dancing with Lureen, in the segment, they cut out those unsavory looking hicks, one with Ennis in a bar, them in a truck...  I think of a scene as before they move on to another.  Cut usually means that scene is done.  I want the full segment of the I brought beans so much it hurts.  I want so bad those few minutes from some very moving and important scenes that were filmed and cut off.  sigh

jessi

No thunder, not a storm
moans.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #539 on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:35 PM »
Thanks for that link, I am surely going there.  Maybe a scene to him is more different than to me.  I mean, we know they shot a fairly long bit with the hippies, they shot more with him holding the sack with shirts, ang lee said they shot about 15 minutes not used dancing with Lureen, in the segment, they cut out those unsavory looking hicks, one with Ennis in a bar, them in a truck...  I think of a scene as before they move on to another.  Cut usually means that scene is done.  I want the full segment of the I brought beans so much it hurts.  I want so bad those few minutes from some very moving and important scenes that were filmed and cut off.  sigh

jessi

You're right -- there were I suppose full "scenes" shot, such as the hippies, that weren't used at all...but there were other scenes that were shot much longer than what we saw.  Not full, separate scenes, but enhanced versions of what we saw.  I want those, too.  Plus there is the footage that was, apparently, shot by a second camera than the view/angle we saw, and if cut differently, the scene would be interestingly different.

I'm not saying that Ang Lee's choices weren't magnificent, but...  I wonder if he knows how avid are the BBM fans, how important it would be to us, how much we would appreciate it, to see more.  Especially in this day and age when this is common on DVD releases.

kathy