Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 646678 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #1020 on: Sep 21, 2008, 09:50 AM »

Reading Heath's kindness to strangers in Prague reminds me why we love him, because he could sense emotionally when a stranger felt isolated and miserable in a foreign country. Unlike most of us, he took up the responsibility of having that gift of extra-sensory perception, and made the strange felt included, among friends. Heath was gifted, not only in abilities, but also in his heart of gold, generous, compassionate and loving. That's why Brokeback Mountain is a special movie, because Heath made it so...through his gifts of making everyone he touched, feeling loved and included. Even Ang Lee said, there was a special atmosphere of love on the set.

I could only go so far, reading the teacher's account, with dry eyes. The words "the down-to-earth boy who somehow sprouted wings" are so perfectly descriptive of Heath, that tears are not enough to mourn his passing, of our loss.

Thanks my friends, for sharing what you found.  :ghug: :^^) :\'(

Your words are so beautiful Andrew, and so true. Heath was so beautiful inside and out, a beautiful soul. Our precious soul, I miss him so much. Indeed, tears are not enough...  :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #1021 on: Sep 21, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Mr.Heath Ledger's death will never be forgotten.. it is like a myth spoken all throughout the world... till the end of time... the legend. the actor. the man.

Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #1022 on: Sep 22, 2008, 11:26 AM »
i know he cant physically be there at the opening but i beleive he can still be present there in spirit and still feel proud of his acomplishment. i too wish i could visit...and who knows, its not impossible to go. maybe some of us will get the cance one day.

I agree ith your post word by word,Matt ¡  O0  I think he was there somehow during the inauguration too and from his new home he really feels proud of it.And I also hope all of us will get the chance of visit it one day and congratulate Heath,even if it's in another way... :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #1023 on: Sep 23, 2008, 06:11 AM »
Tears are not enough, indeed.  Although I've shed an ocean's worth of tears for dear Heath, and although to a degree they can be purging, they nevertheless always seem inadequately commensurate with the actual feeling of loss and sadness. 

I think I'll just take this moment to state again that I'm so very glad I can share this grief over Heath with you Brokies, as well as my love for BM.  None of my friends in the real world can fathom my deep sorrow over his passing, they just do not understand.  I'm so glad you guys do.   ^f^   ^f^   ^f^ 

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #1024 on: Sep 23, 2008, 09:30 AM »
His achievements as an actor . as a person as he is.. his kind heart and generous personality personifies " The legend".  He  will  be eternal for as long as there are fans and admirers who cares and loves Heath Ledger.

I have never seen anyone like Heath  whose death is mourn and grieved of almost everyone on earth.. his  good deeds slowly rise from  each who knew him...his images that were concrete evidence that Heath Ledger once lived on this planet left a humble profile of his beginnings and till the end. Heath Ledger is an old soul......a beautiful face..... a good person....an angel.

There will be the same Heath beyond life........
Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1025 on: Sep 23, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I agree.  :ghug: friends.

I think we're drifting off topic though and should continue this conversation in the memory thread. :)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1026 on: Sep 25, 2008, 04:53 AM »
Scholarship in Ledger’s honour will give new talent a leg up
25th September 2008, 12:45 WST

A scholarship named in Heath Ledger’s honour will give an Australian actor a shot at making it big in Hollywood.

Los Angeles-based entertainment organisation, Australians in Film, and Ledger’s family unveiled details of the Heath Ledger Scholarship today.

“As a result of this scholarship, a talented Australian actor will gain valuable assistance to support their personal goals and an opportunity for recognition in the very tough US film industry,” Ledger’s father, Kim Ledger, said.

read the entire story here:

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=99668

go Heath go!

we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
« Reply #1027 on: Sep 25, 2008, 04:55 AM »
too bad that is just for australians...i would love to get one:(( :\'(
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1028 on: Sep 25, 2008, 06:27 AM »
Scholarship in Ledger’s honour will give new talent a leg up
25th September 2008, 12:45 WST

A scholarship named in Heath Ledger’s honour will give an Australian actor a shot at making it big in Hollywood.

Los Angeles-based entertainment organisation, Australians in Film, and Ledger’s family unveiled details of the Heath Ledger Scholarship today.

“As a result of this scholarship, a talented Australian actor will gain valuable assistance to support their personal goals and an opportunity for recognition in the very tough US film industry,” Ledger’s father, Kim Ledger, said.

read the entire story here:

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=99668

go Heath go!

I've heard about this scholarship before and I think it's such a beautiful idea and a wonderful thing to do in Heath's name. He was always so willing to help other people and support their ambitions. xxx

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1029 on: Sep 25, 2008, 10:38 AM »
A wonderful way to honour Heath's memory; helping new actors,as he always wanted to do.It's a great continuation of his caring way of being about other people's needs.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1030 on: Sep 29, 2008, 08:09 AM »
Heath Ledger's estate to go to daughter

SYDNEY (AFP) — Heath Ledger's two-year-old daughter Matilda Rose will inherit the late Australian actor's entire estate, estimated to be worth 20 million dollars (16.6 million US), a report said Sunday.

The 28-year-old actor, who died in New York in January from an accidential overdose of prescription drugs, had named his parents and sisters as the beneficiaries in his will, Perth's Sunday Times reported.

The will, which has been probated behind closed doors at the Supreme Court in Perth, was made before Matilda was born, and there had been speculation that the child's mother, actress Michelle Williams, would lodge a claim.

But Ledger's father Kim has put an end to such speculation, revealing that Matilda will inherit the lot.

"There is no claim. Our family has gifted everything to Matilda," he told the News Ltd paper.

Ledger's will listed just 145,000 Australian dollars in assets and cash when it was drawn up in 2003, but the Hollywood star's estate is now believed to be worth more than 20 million dollars, the Sunday Times said.

The Perth-born actor gained international stardom and was nominated for an Oscar for his role as a gay cowboy in the 2005 film "Brokeback Mountain".

Critics have hailed his performance as the deranged Joker in the recent Batman film sequel, "The Dark Knight".

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iSx4C_uJflgbfSXSP8-5coCA6UMA

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1031 on: Sep 29, 2008, 08:54 AM »
I think it's the fairest thing to do and I didn't hope less from Heath...He was,above all,a loving father and a caring son and brother.

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Anne is unique, Anne is Magnifique
« Reply #1032 on: Sep 29, 2008, 11:38 AM »
Heath's dark night
Brian J. Robb

September 28, 2008 12:00am

He was one of Australia's brightest moviestars, but beneath the surface, Heath Ledger was in turmoil. A new book about the actor's life delves into the secrets surrounding his death

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24413112-5006023,00.htm
...Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1033 on: Sep 29, 2008, 11:40 AM »
rom imdb.com

Michelle Donates To Ledger Fund

25 September 2008 6:30 PM, PDT | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news

Michelle Williams has pledged a donation to the scholarship fund set up in her late ex-boyfriend Heath Ledger's name.

The Australians in Film Heath Ledger Scholarship will help up-and-coming Australian actors pursue careers in America.

It was set up after Ledger's death from an accidental drug overdose in January.

Wannabes can apply for up to $10,000 (GBP5,400) plus a round-trip airfare from down under to the U.S.

Williams - the mother of Ledger's two-year-old daughter Matilda - is among the first donors, having handed over an undisclosed sum, reports People.com.

Ledger's friend, director Gregor Jordan, will be one of a five person panel, who get to hand out the money.

He tells People, "Broke Aussie actors in L.A. form a tradition that goes all the way back to Errol Flynn.

"Heath was definitely part of that tradition and this scholarship is something he would have been proud to have his name associated with."

The star's father Kim adds of the fund, "We as a family are pleased with the establishment and progress of the Aif scholarship award named in honour of our much loved and generous son, Heath. As a result of this scholarship, a talented Australian actor will gain valuable assistance to support their personal goals, and an opportunity for recognition in the very tough U.S. film industry."

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1034 on: Sep 29, 2008, 12:08 PM »
11:39 AM - Ledger’s Life Insurance Co: Suicide = No Cash

Posted Sep 29th 2008 4:59AM by TMZ Staff

The company that wrote Heath Ledger's $10 million life insurance policy is being sued after claiming the actor's death might have been a suicide, even though officials concluded it was accidental. Lawyers for Ledger's daughter say it's a transparent ploy to avoid paying the money.

ReliaStar Life Insurance Company wrote the policy in June 2007 -- six months before Ledger died. The beneficiary of the policy is a trustee who would hold the money for 2-year-old Matilda.

Instead of paying the $10 mil, ReliaStar set out to investigate whether Ledger took his own life, despite the fact that the New York City Medical Examiner ruled the death accidental.

TMZ has obtained a lawsuit, filed by Matilda's trustee, claiming ReliaStar (owned by ING Americas) has acted in bad faith by not promptly paying the $10 million and by wrongfully prying into the life of Heath Ledger after his death.

Sources say lawyers for the insurance company have claimed Ledger's death was "suspicious" -- possibly suicide, which would nullify the policy. The company alleges in its answer to the lawsuit, "ReliaStar is entitled to investigate Plaintiff's claim to determine if the 'Suicide' provision is applicable." That provision states, "If the Insured commits suicide ... we will pay only the amount of premiums paid to us."

ReliaStar's lawyers have informed Matilda's lawyers they intend to take the depositions of Mary-Kate Olsen, as well as the masseuse who was at Ledger's home when he died, Ledger's colleagues on his last film, his agents, doctors, psychologists and others. Lawyers for Matilda believe the insurance company is trying to scare and shame them into submission. They believe ReliaStar is trying to drag the process out, for what could be years, to avoid paying the money.

We're also told ReliaStar believes Ledger may have lied on two questions on his insurance application -- specifically, whether he was taking prescription drugs when he filled out the application and whether he ever used illegal drugs.

In its answer to the lawsuit, ReliaStar claims it can contest the policy if Ledger lied on the application and it was a "material misrepresentation." Sources tell us Ledger had a prescription for Ambien when he filled out the application, but Ambien was not in his system when he died, nor were any illegal drugs.

Lawyers for Matilda's trust claim ReliaStar is flagrantly violating California law, which prohibits insurance companies from re-examining insurance applications after the policyholder dies. In the lawsuit, Matilda's lawyers say they received a letter from ReliaStar, asking them to identify "all physicians who attended to [Ledger] and all hospitals or institutions where [he] was treated since 1996." Matilda's lawyers say the request blatantly violates the law.

An official for ReliaStar told TMZ, "No decision has been made on the claim." But lawyers for Matilda's trust believe ReliaStar should have already paid and, according to the suit, is acting "maliciously, fraudulently and/or oppressively ... depriving plaintiff of the insurance policy benefits."

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1035 on: Sep 29, 2008, 01:11 PM »
Heath's dark night
Brian J. Robb

September 28, 2008 12:00am

He was one of Australia's brightest moviestars, but beneath the surface, Heath Ledger was in turmoil. A new book about the actor's life delves into the secrets surrounding his death

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24413112-5006023,00.htm

I don't like the sound of it at all. "delves into the secrets surrounding his death", that's bullshit if you ask me. I wish people will just stop speculating about what happened and pretending to know Heath's state of mind. Just leave him be and stop trying to make money on his back.

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1036 on: Sep 29, 2008, 02:06 PM »
I don't like the sound of it at all. "delves into the secrets surrounding his death", that's bullshit if you ask me. I wish people will just stop speculating about what happened and pretending to know Heath's state of mind. Just leave him be and stop trying to make money on his back.

I quote  :\'(

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1037 on: Sep 29, 2008, 02:07 PM »
11:39 AM - Ledger’s Life Insurance Co: Suicide = No Cash

Posted Sep 29th 2008 4:59AM by TMZ Staff

The company that wrote Heath Ledger's $10 million life insurance policy is being sued after claiming the actor's death might have been a suicide, even though officials concluded it was accidental. Lawyers for Ledger's daughter say it's a transparent ploy to avoid paying the money.

ReliaStar Life Insurance Company wrote the policy in June 2007 -- six months before Ledger died. The beneficiary of the policy is a trustee who would hold the money for 2-year-old Matilda.

Instead of paying the $10 mil, ReliaStar set out to investigate whether Ledger took his own life, despite the fact that the New York City Medical Examiner ruled the death accidental.

TMZ has obtained a lawsuit, filed by Matilda's trustee, claiming ReliaStar (owned by ING Americas) has acted in bad faith by not promptly paying the $10 million and by wrongfully prying into the life of Heath Ledger after his death.

Sources say lawyers for the insurance company have claimed Ledger's death was "suspicious" -- possibly suicide, which would nullify the policy. The company alleges in its answer to the lawsuit, "ReliaStar is entitled to investigate Plaintiff's claim to determine if the 'Suicide' provision is applicable." That provision states, "If the Insured commits suicide ... we will pay only the amount of premiums paid to us."

ReliaStar's lawyers have informed Matilda's lawyers they intend to take the depositions of Mary-Kate Olsen, as well as the masseuse who was at Ledger's home when he died, Ledger's colleagues on his last film, his agents, doctors, psychologists and others. Lawyers for Matilda believe the insurance company is trying to scare and shame them into submission. They believe ReliaStar is trying to drag the process out, for what could be years, to avoid paying the money.

We're also told ReliaStar believes Ledger may have lied on two questions on his insurance application -- specifically, whether he was taking prescription drugs when he filled out the application and whether he ever used illegal drugs.

In its answer to the lawsuit, ReliaStar claims it can contest the policy if Ledger lied on the application and it was a "material misrepresentation." Sources tell us Ledger had a prescription for Ambien when he filled out the application, but Ambien was not in his system when he died, nor were any illegal drugs.

Lawyers for Matilda's trust claim ReliaStar is flagrantly violating California law, which prohibits insurance companies from re-examining insurance applications after the policyholder dies. In the lawsuit, Matilda's lawyers say they received a letter from ReliaStar, asking them to identify "all physicians who attended to [Ledger] and all hospitals or institutions where [he] was treated since 1996." Matilda's lawyers say the request blatantly violates the law.

An official for ReliaStar told TMZ, "No decision has been made on the claim." But lawyers for Matilda's trust believe ReliaStar should have already paid and, according to the suit, is acting "maliciously, fraudulently and/or oppressively ... depriving plaintiff of the insurance policy benefits."

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1038 on: Sep 29, 2008, 02:08 PM »
I don't like the sound of it at all. "delves into the secrets surrounding his death", that's bullshit if you ask me.

ditto.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1039 on: Sep 29, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Regardless of what the insurance company does or does not do, I think the Ledger family can be proud that Matilda will have a good foundation for her future. Heath's share of the revenue from Dark Knight alone will be enough for her college.

I hope they settle out of court quickly instead of dragging the case, and Heath's memories through months and years of litigation.  :(
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline sportstalk23

• Alma
  • E&J 4EVER
« Reply #1040 on: Sep 30, 2008, 12:26 AM »
#1 the insurance people of full of sh%t  Heath's death was investigated probably more than necessary and it was deemed accidental. do these fools not get what the word accidental means it means NOT ON PURPOSE so stop the foolishness and pay this child what they owe, the lawyer was right if they had questions of truthfullness they had plenty of time to ask questions, and Heath always paid on the policy they just dont wanna pay the 10 mil, #2 I'm very glad the family has comeout with this information I never had a doubt that his estate would go to Matilda but it finally puts to rest the rubbish of a feud with Michelle, those stupid reports during the Dark Knight premier that Michelle was feuding with the Ledger family about Heath's estate and thats why she wasnt at the premier  ::), she didnt plan on going to begin with had Heath lived so why would she subject herself to that mob scene on the red carpet and she never challenged the family about the estate, now hopefully this young man's soul can truly rest in peace

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1041 on: Sep 30, 2008, 06:01 AM »
Regardless of what the insurance company does or does not do, I think the Ledger family can be proud that Matilda will have a good foundation for her future. Heath's share of the revenue from Dark Knight alone will be enough for her college.

I hope they settle out of court quickly instead of dragging the case, and Heath's memories through months and years of litigation.  :(

I agree,Andrew,in that the most important thing is that Matilda's future is assured.As regards to the insurance company investigations,I think it's logical; one thing is what we feel for Heath,and another very  different is how they can manage in order not to loose money.Business have nothing to do with feelings,mostly when there's a great quantity of money involving,and,of course,a solid life's insurance is for them a great,great business.
I woudn't get angry for this,but I only hope that,due to this subject,Heath's memory doesn't get stained.It's what really matters,for his family and,specially,for this little girl who isn't guilty of anything.

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1042 on: Sep 30, 2008, 07:49 AM »
First, just to make a clarification. Heath did not say that he took heroin to understand the character of Dan in Candy. That was just a rumor. There are so many sound bites of information circulating on any given day that I know it can be hard to sift through what is accurate and what isn’t.

Which brings me to the second point. I think we all knew here all along that Matilda was going to be cared for and I never had any concerns about so called feuds between Michelle and the Ledger family. There are some things we just have to be patient about and wait for the truth to come out.

And I’m sure that’s what will happen with this insurance investigation too. It is undoubtedly standard procedure, especially in cases of large pay-out amounts, for the insurance company to investigate the cause of death in a client. I wonder how much of the hype right now is because they are truly trying to prove suicide (which is extremely difficult to do, especially with a certified cause of death as established by an office of authority) or if they are simply ruling it out as a matter of course before settling the claim to his estate. I guess that’s another thing we’ll just have to wait to see, as it will play out on its own schedule, whatever the press might report.

I completely agree with all of you that what matters most is that Matilda is taken care of according to her father’s wishes and that the insurance investigation concludes quickly and accurately. I wish only good things for that little girl and a little bit of peace for her mother.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1043 on: Sep 30, 2008, 08:30 AM »
Well said Barb. There are so many inaccurate stories out there, and sometimes you just have to wait for the truth to come out.

First, just to make a clarification. Heath did not say that he took heroin to understand the character of Dan in Candy. That was just a rumor. There are so many sound bites of information circulating on any given day that I know it can be hard to sift through what is accurate and what isn't.

I also found that very hard to believe, especially since I have an audio recording of an interview that was done with Heath in the Berlin Film Festival after filming Candy, in which he talked about the experience and said that he's certainly never done heroin and that he wouldn't, that he grew up with friends who did and it destroyed their lives. And you can hear him saying that in his own voice, as opposed to so called "interviews" that you read sometimes in other places. So that just goes to show that we shouldn't always believe everything we read. By the way, it's a really good interview, you can listen to it here:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/40fac116-0a4b-4f07-b932-2ccf36d733e6/heath-ledger-interview

I'm very glad the family has come out with this information I never had a doubt that his estate would go to Matilda but it finally puts to rest the rubbish of a feud with Michelle, those stupid reports during the Dark Knight premier that Michelle was feuding with the Ledger family about Heath's estate and thats why she wasnt at the premier  ::), she didnt plan on going to begin with had Heath lived so why would she subject herself to that mob scene on the red carpet and she never challenged the family about the estate, now hopefully this young man's soul can truly rest in peace

I totally agree with you sportstalk, and again, it just goes to show how reporters are eager sometimes to spread rumours just because it sounds juicy and bring more readers. I'm usually skeptic about things I read unless I've heard Heath saying them, or they've been confirmed by his family. So I'm glad that Kim Ledger spoke out and put an end to those silly rumours.

As regards to the insurance company investigations,I think it's logical; one thing is what we feel for Heath,and another very  different is how they can manage in order not to loose money.Business have nothing to do with feelings,mostly when there's a great quantity of money involving,and,of course,a solid life's insurance is for them a great,great business.

Of course, if this report is true, and we don't know if it is, I wouldn't be surprised. Insurance companies always want to make you pay them but very reluctant to pay it back, so it makes sense that when they have to pay such a big amount of money they'd stall and want to investigate and try everything to avoid it. It's a part of business. But like Barb said I just hope it's over soon, this kind of things only bring more agony to his family and to Michelle. They deserve some peace and quiet, as much as they can get.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1044 on: Sep 30, 2008, 08:51 AM »
[...]By the way, it's a really good interview, you can listen to it here:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/40fac116-0a4b-4f07-b932-2ccf36d733e6/heath-ledger-interview

[...]

Well said, FlwrChild, Keren, MPJ, Sportstalk.

Thank you for the link, Keren. I don't recall listening to it before. I had trouble with the page, because the wmv player does not appear to be working. If you know of another source, or the mp3 file, I'd appreciate it.  :t)

I hope and pray that this thing blows over quickly so the vultures don't have more soundbites for their rumor mills.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1045 on: Sep 30, 2008, 08:59 AM »
Well said, FlwrChild, Keren, MPJ, Sportstalk.

Thank you for the link, Keren. I don't recall listening to it before. I had trouble with the page, because the wmv player does not appear to be working. If you know of another source, or the mp3 file, I'd appreciate it.  :t)

I don't know where else you can find it Andrew... it was posted by an Israeli reporter on his blog, he was one of the reporters who did the interview. That's how I found it, but I haven't heard it anywhere else. I think most of the stuff he talked about was also quoted in other places so you've probably read most of it, but that part that I mentioned stood out to me.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1046 on: Sep 30, 2008, 10:58 AM »

I completely agree with all of you that what matters most is that Matilda is taken care of according to her father’s wishes and that the insurance investigation concludes quickly and accurately. I wish only good things for that little girl and a little bit of peace for her mother.

Ditto.

And I agree with everyone else. It's BS- they ruled on the cause of death leave it be.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline rlh03

• Lureen
  • Just keep on climbing Brokeback Mountain!
« Reply #1047 on: Sep 30, 2008, 11:31 AM »
I think we all need to be careful how we respond to the speculation, tripe and whatever that always surfaces after the death of a celebrity like Heath.  I think its great to recognize and talk about all the nice things we hear and read and know about Heath. But too many people out there are setting themselves up as experts, insiders, whatever, just to get some notoriety and 15 minutes of fame, regardless of the accuracy or truthfulness of what they're saying.  I think the best we can do is, in those now famous words, 'let be, let be'. These people are going to do what they want regardless of how we feel and trying to refute them or argue about their words only fuels the fires of their intrusions into areas they have no business being in and provides them recognition they don't deserve. We can't fix what they're doing so the best we can do is ignore them.  Witness the silence of the Ledger family and Michelle thru all this. Its enough we have our fond memories of Heath and what we know of his life and those wonderful roles he left us to remember, we don't need to waste our time, energies and emotions on all this other stuff.  (I hope this isn't too far off topic).   O0 O0   

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1048 on: Sep 30, 2008, 08:23 PM »
It's not off topic at all. Thank you for the wise words. :)

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1049 on: Oct 01, 2008, 03:20 AM »
Joker No 2 on all-time movie characters
1st October 2008, 8:00 WST

Heath Ledger's haunting Joker has been voted as the second greatest movie character of all time behind Indiana Jones, in a new poll.

Out on Wednesday in Empire Magazine, the list of the top 100 characters sees Darth Vader, Captain Jack Sparrow and Hannibal Lecter round out the top five.

Empire Editor Rod Yates said it was no surprise that Indiana Jones, played by Harrison Ford, took the top spot, but said the late Ledger's Joker in the Dark Knight was also impressive.

More than 80 per cent who voted for the Joker chose Ledger's interpretation over Jack Nicholson's, the magazine said,

Its defining moment was: "Ledger's Joker taunting Batman in the interrogation room - You're just a freak like me".

"A fitting tribute to a much-missed actor," Yates said.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=100525