Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 646866 times)

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #1140 on: Dec 09, 2008, 01:24 PM »
Thanks, Andrew  :ghug:  :^^)

Tony, you're quite welcome, dear Brokie.   :^^)  I too never cease to be amazed at the insightful, sensitive souls on this site and am so grateful to have found them.   :ghug:

The more I think about it, the more the old man/"Old Man" tattoo-song correlation makes sense to me.  I think you very well could be onto something there, Tony...

And yes, "Here Comes The Sun", although always a favourite of mine, has taken on new poignancy now that I associate it with being played at Heath's memorial and being one of his favourites, and also for the fact that it is indeed addressed to "little darlin".  I made a Heath tribute for YouTube recently using this song and "Let It Be" in a Beatles medley, not only in light of Heath's love of The Beatles, but also as a little nod to his role as Ennis.  I thought that in addition to "little darlin", "let it be" was somewhat reminiscent of "let be, let be".  Here's the link should anyone want to watch it.  http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RgIMAyzDEYw

Hope this doesn't come across as a shameless plug of my video!  I just thought perhaps Heath fans might wish to see in light of the above context.  :)

...And sorry if I'm getting a bit  *o) here.  

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1141 on: Dec 09, 2008, 05:29 PM »
Laura,  :t) and your video is exactly what this thread is about...a tribute. I love it. It brought tears throughout Let it Be, with all the photos from the movies, and Heath with Matilda; then the shining smiles of Heath in the many movies during Here Comes the Sun, and your amazing quick editing, brings smile again.

I never caught the connection between Let be and Let it Be, and little darling with here Comes the Sun. This is so amazing. Thank you all. It is why I love this place. Endless discoveries.  :ghug: <^(
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1142 on: Dec 10, 2008, 07:01 AM »
Award for Ledger’s Dark Knight role
10th December 2008, 9:15 WST

Australian actor Heath Ledger has received a second posthumous award today, as the Los Angeles Film Critics Association honoured his performance in the Batman blockbuster, The Dark Knight.

Ledger is the favourite to land a best supporting actor Oscar for his spellbinding portrayal of arch-villain the Joker in the film, which shattered US box office records after its release in July.

Ledger, who died from an overdose of prescription drugs in January, aged 28, won the Australian Film Institute’s international best actor award at the weekend.

Perth-born Ledger gained international stardom and was nominated for an Oscar for his role as a gay cowboy in the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain.

If Ledger is honoured at February’s Academy Awards, he would be the second posthumous Oscar-winner after Peter Finch, who triumphed in 1976 for his iconic role in Network.

LOS ANGELES
AFP

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=112474
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1143 on: Dec 11, 2008, 05:02 AM »
Ledger name for theatre, not centre
11th December 2008, 16:30 WST

Perth’s newest performing arts venue has been named the State Theatre Centre of Western Australia after the State Government opted against naming it after late Perth actor Heath Ledger.

Instead, Culture and Arts Minister John Day said the centre’s 575-seat main theatre would be named the Heath Ledger Theatre, in honour of Ledger who died in January after an accidental prescription drug overdose.

“A great deal of consideration has been given to the name of the venue and this has involved consultation with the Ledger family – which is pleased Heath is being acknowledged in this way – and a range of stakeholders,” Mr Day said.

Mr Day said the Northbridge centre’s name strongly identified the venue as a place of civic pride for all West Australians and would become a venue where audiences could enjoy high-quality performing arts by local, national and international artists.

The centre’s other performance spaces include a 200-seat studio and a courtyard for outdoor events.

The centre is expected to open in 2010.

PERTH
LISA CALAUTTI

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77&ContentID=112761

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1144 on: Dec 11, 2008, 05:10 AM »
Ledger trumps Obama in Google searches
11th December 2008, 8:15 WST

Late Australian actor Heath Ledger was among the most searched subjects worldwide on Google in 2008, and was ahead of Obama in a global list, the company said.

In a list of Google's "fastest-rising" searches, Ledger, who died in January, came in in fifth place on the global list. He was one place ahead of "Obama", as in US president-elect Barack Obama.

The list was headed, however, by defeated Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Second was "Beijing Olympics 2008", followed by "Facebook login" and "Tuenti", a Spanish social networking website.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=112630

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1145 on: Dec 11, 2008, 01:24 PM »
Thanks, Jackster, I am glad they named the Theatre. The AFI Best International Actor award now takes on even more special meaning when Heath Ledger is ahead of Barack Obama, Sarah Palin, and even Britney Spears, Jonas Brothers.
 :t) :c)

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

babytammy7

« Reply #1146 on: Dec 11, 2008, 05:48 PM »
OMG!!! Heath is nominated for a Golden Globe!!!! 

That's so wonderful!!!  <^( <^( <^(

And then, it's heartbreaking too...because Heath is not here to see it... :\'( :\'( :\'(

I still believe he should have been more honoured for playing Ennis....but I am glad that his work is getting the recognition that it deserves.

I wish he was here.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1147 on: Dec 11, 2008, 06:37 PM »
OMG!!! Heath is nominated for a Golden Globe!!!! 

That's so wonderful!!!  <^( <^( <^(

And then, it's heartbreaking too...because Heath is not here to see it... :\'( :\'( :\'(

I still believe he should have been more honoured for playing Ennis....but I am glad that his work is getting the recognition that it deserves.

I wish he was here.

Yeah its really wonderful news, but tainted with sadness..... :\'(  He deserves it, but he deserved it for playing Ennis too. 

Its really hard because I'm happy and sad all at the same time..... :(

"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

babytammy7

« Reply #1148 on: Dec 11, 2008, 06:43 PM »
Yeah its really wonderful news, but tainted with sadness..... :\'(  He deserves it, but he deserved it for playing Ennis too. 

Its really hard because I'm happy and sad all at the same time..... :(

I know Christine. It's so unfair that he's not here to see this, to take pride in what he did, his awesome work....

I hope that he can see it and be happy about it wherever he is now.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1149 on: Dec 11, 2008, 10:44 PM »
  thanks for this Andrew
Hadn't listened to this old favorite in a long, long while.
Hit me right away, = the song is addressed to "Lil darlin", oh god . . . too much . . .

Wonder if anyone ever did a BBM video using this, could be a heartbreaker . . .

Yeah listening to this song brings waterworks. I will think of making a video in remembering him.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1150 on: Dec 14, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Thanks for the info Tony. If you ever come across that link again... well, you know where to post it. :)

And yes, he loved Here Comes The Sun... his family used that song for a tribute they screened at his memorial.

Funny about both of those songs.  I sure don't see either of them as unhip.  But then, I love them both because of my age, my era.  Neil Young, I loved whatever he did.  That song didn't touch me personally, but I still knew it by heart.  And of course, the Beatles.  It is interesting, though, Heath's varied taste in music.  I'm thinking he might not have been as sensitive to it as you describe, about it being a song a man wouldn't admit to liking in public or whatever.  He'd even dig it while wearing his lacy cuffs and pink glasses.  What a guy.

Then again, you have a man's viewpoint to relate to him, so...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1151 on: Dec 14, 2008, 11:20 PM »
Tony, that is such an interesting premise for the old man tattoo.  It certainly would make sense. 

I think the Neil Young song "Old Man" is beautiful and a haunting, rather than maudlin.  Heath was undoubtedly an old soul and I can see why he might have felt a connection to such a song.

As for the list of songs played at his memorial service, here's the program that lists them.  Without fail, I begin to cry whenever I see this picture of this sad piece of paper.  To look at it is an assault on the heart.

Oh Laura, I never saw this before...and it is sad.  Sad and beautiful.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1152 on: Dec 14, 2008, 11:48 PM »
Here's the link should anyone want to watch it.  http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RgIMAyzDEYw

Hope this doesn't come across as a shameless plug of my video!  I just thought perhaps Heath fans might wish to see in light of the above context.  :)

Thank you so much, Laura.  I just love this video.  A celebration of his life.  Even a celebration of his passing, with your showing also the memorial service shots, etc.  Putting all of this to those two songs somehow makes the sadness more uplifting.

kathy

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #1153 on: Dec 15, 2008, 02:57 AM »
Thank you so much, Laura.  I just love this video.  A celebration of his life.  Even a celebration of his passing, with your showing also the memorial service shots, etc.  Putting all of this to those two songs somehow makes the sadness more uplifting.

kathy

Thanks, babe.  In the video I had hoped to make the sadness morph into something more uplifting, so I'm glad you found it to do so.  :)

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Anne is unique, Anne is Magnifique
« Reply #1154 on: Dec 20, 2008, 10:44 PM »
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24795626-5009160,00.html

N'Fa working on Ledger tribute

By Jonathon Moran

HEATH Ledger's close friend and creative collaborator N'Fa Forster-Jones is trying to work out how to mark the anniversary of the actor's death.

Ledger, who died of an accidental prescription drug overdose on January 22, directed two video clips from N'Fa's solo album, Cause and Effect. The pair were long-time friends, meeting at age four while growing up in Perth.

``I don't know, sometimes I find things too much to write about so maybe something will happen,'' N'Fa told Insider at last weekend's Homebake festival when asked about the anniversary of Ledger's passing.

``We are trying to work out some sort of celebration. I am tyring to work out all of that, how to deal with it.''

Ledger and N'Fa were in the process of setting up a production company _ called Rocking Chair _ before hisuntimely death.

``Things have kind of changed since his passing,'' he said.

``A lot of things had to fold because it was sort of impossible. So all of us who have, I guess, been left in waiting are all just working out ways forward and trying to be positive and also keep his spirit alive because he was always filling us with energy and positivity.''

Prior to going solo, N'Fa fronted acclaimed hip hop outfit 1200 Techniques. He's spent much of this year travelling the world, working on no less than five albums, the first of which is a project titled Brain Wash.
...Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1155 on: Dec 21, 2008, 03:38 PM »
It's going to be interesting to see what he comes up with to mark the 22nd... :-\\

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1156 on: Dec 31, 2008, 09:56 AM »
These pictures and quotes of Heath's bar Five Leaves were posted on DC, I saw and wanted to share them here:

"Our family has suffered openly more than other families, in a way, because it's so public, but at the same time we're no different to other families that have lost children. It's heartbreaking." <photo: Kim Ledger in Heath's bar>

Brooklyn bar Five Leaves, named after the Nick Drake album Five Leaves Left, was bought by Ledger prior to his death with his business partner Jud Mongell and is set to open to the public on Wednesday.
The bar, now funded by Heath's estate, had a small opening party for friends and family on Friday night.
<photo: Kim Ledger, Heath's father and his wife>

"We're 50:50 partners still," Mr Mongell said. "Heath is still my partner. He was fingerprinted for a liquor licence for the DEA [Drug Enforcement Administration]. He was going to DJ, bartend; he was not like some removed investor. At one point he put a bid in on the whole building. He was going to live upstairs."

Five Leaves, named by the Ledger clan after the Nick Drake album, is a cozy, rustic space featuring a nautical theme and sentimental Ledger touches that include engraved granite bar tables, one of which features a chessboard for playing the game, a favorite pastime of his.

Only those who knew him well will discern the Heath touches: the engraved, granite-topped bar tables were his idea, as it was to have his favourite tattooist, Scott Campbell, from nearby Williamsburg, do the engravings.

It also was Ledger who wanted one table engraved as a chessboard. He played the game his father taught him at a nearby chess club and often beat the city's street chess hustlers, although he declined to take their money, his business partner, Jud Mongell, said last week. <photo: Jud Mongell>

Also engraved on the chess table is a scrawled love-heart, replicating one Ledger left on a note to a friend not long before his death in January.

"I would just say it's a place where his friends swing by," Mr Mongell said. "It's just more a place where the Australians in his life will continue to be around. We're still here; it's just Heath's no longer with us."
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1157 on: Jan 01, 2009, 08:39 AM »

Also engraved on the chess table is a scrawled love-heart, replicating one Ledger left on a note to a friend not long before his death in January.

"I would just say it's a place where his friends swing by," Mr Mongell said. "It's just more a place where the Australians in his life will continue to be around. We're still here; it's just Heath's no longer with us."

Keren, thanks for posting these pics here, its good that we get to see what Heath's dream turned into. But its just unbearably sad...Heath should be THERE, celebrating the opening with everyone else.... :\'( :\'( :\'(

I think this picture is what got to me most............. :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1158 on: Jan 01, 2009, 09:26 AM »
I know Christie, that last photo got to me too. The chess board and the heart and the candle... if I ever get to NY I wanna go to that bar. I'll probably sit next to that table and cry my eyes out. :\'(

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1159 on: Jan 01, 2009, 09:57 PM »
Heath Ledger dominates US movie fan poll
2nd January 2009, 7:00 WST

If American movie fans have their way Heath Ledger is a shoo-in to win a posthumous Oscar next month.   

After 3.5 million votes were cast, the late Australian actor and his blockbuster, The Dark Knight, dominated multiple categories in an internet poll in the US.   

see entire story at:

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=115714

go Heath.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1160 on: Jan 02, 2009, 12:49 AM »

OMG!  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Hugs to everyone who needs of a hug!  :ghug:

Heath Ledger dominates US movie fan poll
2nd January 2009, 7:00 WST

If American movie fans have their way Heath Ledger is a shoo-in to win a posthumous Oscar next month.  

After 3.5 million votes were cast, the late Australian actor and his blockbuster, The Dark Knight, dominated multiple categories in an internet poll in the US.   

see entire story at:

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=115714

go Heath.

Yup, go Heath, go!

Thanks for posting jackster  :)
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1161 on: Jan 02, 2009, 03:21 PM »

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1162 on: Jan 02, 2009, 04:07 PM »
What a fantastic article, thanks so much for posting it Keren  :^^)    I love to discover all the different facets that made up Heath's amazing character...but its always so sad too.... :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1163 on: Jan 02, 2009, 04:34 PM »
((((christie))))  :ghug: :ghug:

This is the tribute to Heath that was included on the INT collector's edition dvd.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1164 on: Jan 02, 2009, 05:47 PM »

This is the tribute to Heath that was included on the INT collector's edition dvd.

i dont know what to say
 :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

koolkat

« Reply #1165 on: Jan 03, 2009, 05:10 AM »

thanks for the link, Keren. it made me cry and it made me glad that talented people like Todd pay tributes to Heath :\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1166 on: Jan 03, 2009, 05:15 AM »
I found a wonderful tribute-article about Heath, that includes bits of interviews with director Shekhar Kapur and he said such beautiful things about Heath. I won't post the link to the article itself since it includes a pap shot of Heath with Matilda, but here are some excerpts:

Heath Ledger:
Eyes that Spoke Beyond the Act

By Kavita Chhibber

“I feel that I’m at a stage in my life now where life is just about to really speed up and flash by and so I feel like I am on old man river paddling on a little row boat.”
                                                                        - Heath Ledger

My introduction to Heath Ledger began with a film where he truly broke the mould and cinematic barriers. I remember seeing a late night show of Brokeback Mountain and then sitting up till 4 a.m. compelled to write a review right away. I had not seen any pre release interviews, or much of the promotional material, but after the film was released, I saw Heath Ledger echoing what I had written in my review-that this film is a moving love story and transcends all that comes in its way-it was too powerful a film, packed with outstanding performances by Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal piercing you too deeply not to have an impact. What captured my attention was his comment in answer to a question on how daring or brave was it to do this film? “I hate to call it "daring" or "brave"; firefighters are daring and brave. I’m acting. I didn’t get hurt and I’m not mentally wounded from this experience.” But Todd Haynes who directed Ledger in I’m Not There said in a tribute that was published in Interview Magazine-“That performance in Brokeback Mountain was such a sensitive, understated, controlled interpretation of this character. The entire emotional power of that film, which is enormous, resides in that performance, and how much Heath holds in. That restraint is what makes us yield emotionally and fill in all of the pieces ourselves. So he sort of unleashes the audience’s emotions by controlling his own.”

I couldn’t agree more. But for me it was while watching the much maligned Four Feathers (and I suggest all of you take a second look at this hauntingly beautiful film and Heath Ledger’s multi dimensional performance once again) when I realized that even at 21 Heath Ledger was already a phenomenal talent.

The film is scattered with so many gems and presents such a multilayered performance by Ledger that I’m surprised this film didn’t garner an Oscar for him as well as the amazing Djimon Hounsou.

It has already been reported that Shekhar Kapur was the last person to speak with Heath the night before he died. They were to meet the next day and Heath had asked Shekhar to wake him up. He had returned from England and had been battling a terrible cold and insomnia and turned down Shekhar’s offer for having a massage at the Chopra center. In a strange coincidence, both Shekhar and Heath had set up a massage appointment for Heath at 3 pm.-Shekhar at the center and Heath at the apartment where he was staying and they talked about that strange connection that they have always had in some way or the other.

I asked Shekhar why he chose Heath over other British actors who would be considered established talents. He answered that it was because he was looking for someone very young, who could still capture the nuances of being youthful and unknowing and then becoming totally wise at the end of his experience. “I did a 7 and a half hour screen test with him and Heath always said that was his biggest acting lesson…it had to do with me doing a scene with him being in love in a way that is very young in which you are always asking and you take and being in love with wisdom and strength which is about giving and giving strength. I got him to do the scene twice in the same costume, same actress on the other side and same position and what I saw was a man whose eyes suddenly turned from youth to wisdom immediately and I knew that I was dealing here with a potentially great actor.”

The two men became close friends and connected beyond film making. “He used to call me his brother from another mother,” said Shekhar, “I think when I started work with Heath, I knew as often we do that there’s a connection in your spirit that goes beyond the first meeting. It is an ancient connection and I’m not surprised that he is no longer with us, because I think he had in this mythic way, this ancient soul that was very ready at the moment to be part of the Universe and of the consciousness and I think he just came back for one last time to this world and was restless to go back to consciousness. I used to constantly tell Heath that in such a young body was such a wise soul and that was really unusual and it’s not easy. It’s not easy for you too, because part of your soul is ancient and it has such understanding and yet your hormones are young, your body is young and so it wants to play as a young puppy. This is your dilemma. Your dilemma is that your soul is ancient and your body is young.”

I have always felt that if there was any truth to the adage that the eyes are the mirror of the soul, Heath Ledger was a living symbol of that. In fact I said to Shekhar that I was curious to see The Dark Knight not to compare how Heath’s Joker fared against the character made unforgettable by Jack Nicholson, but how would they make those soulful, kind eyes that spoke volumes and made his vulnerability so evident all the time-look evil.

To that Shekhar said, “Heath Ledger always revealed his soul. It’s not just the facility and honesty of an actor; it also has something to do with the honesty of being a human being. If you are an honest human being you are not afraid of revealing yourself. You are not shifty eyed. When I was filming with Heath, I would tell my DP all the time, whatever we do, make sure you can see Heath’s eyes because Heath’s eyes will give you an ocean of humanity far beyond the particularity of the scene that we are shooting.”

Shekhar Kapur said that Heath “was the world’s greatest thinker. He was constantly thinking, constantly evaluating himself.”

Heath Ledger was also immensely athletic and did a lot of the dare devil stunts himself, as any one who has seen A Knight’s Tale and Four Feathers can see. Shekhar Kapur recalls how insurance would not permit them and yet one of the most daring stunts in his film, where Heath Ledger was to fall off a horse in a battle scene and leave, he told Shekhar he was going to go ahead and do the rest of the stunt where he jumps on a running horse. “Both of us were pranksters and both of us were adventurous and both of us saw life as an adventure and therefore films as an adventure. Heath just ran and jumped on the horse and left everyone stunned and then we got the short end of the stick that evening from every body but both of us were giggling like little school boys at what we had pulled off.” In fact there were many daring battle scenes showing Heath’s amazing athleticism that were cut off much to Shekhar’s disappointment.

About playing The Joker:

Shehkar Kapur says “Heath was highly incapable of doing any part without giving himself to the part so he must have found a darkness inside him and that to an extent must have brought him down a little bit. It’s a tough part, but Heath would never play a part by merely playing it. He would find that character some where inside himself and then exaggerate that character and that must’ve been very very exhausting for him to play, other than the makeup and then to follow Jack Nicholson, but also to “ be” the joker.”

There were talks of Heath being depressed after his split with Michelle Williams and even questions as to whether he had taken his own life. Shekhar Kapur says he had never seen Heath Ledger that depressed. “In fact when we were working on the film (Four Feathers) I used to feel very depressed and tired at times and Heath’s spirit actually kept me up. In fact he used to joke with me every morning-“So what happened-you didn’t resign from the film today? I’m much older than him and someone who’s an actor who is supposed to be under pressure actually was my emotional support. Heath was the greatest optimist. I never saw Heath as a person who would get depressed. He was very creative, he had started his own company, and very few people actually talk about his photography. He was a committed photographer. In New York he had started his own company to make music videos. He ‘d send me his music videos and his music videos were beautiful. He was looking forward to becoming a director-he was looking forward to too may things for a person to say I’m so depressed I’m tired of life. He was too involved creatively in the things he wanted to do, too energetic and optimistic and a man who brought smiles to every body. I knew people who would meet Heath Ledger once and fall in love with him immediately because of his sheer energy and spirit. He was certainly not depressed.”

Many people say that Heath Ledger was on the verge of becoming a great actor - I think he already was. Perhaps the only regret in a life well lived, in my eyes is that Heath Ledger won’t be able to play the role he loved best-of being a dad.

Ledger once said in an interview “When anything is blocking my head or there’s worry in my life, I just go sit on Mars or something and look back here at Earth. All you can see is this tiny speck. You don’t see the fear. You don’t see the pain. You don’t see thought. It’s just one solid speck. Then nothing really matters. It just doesn’t.” Maybe he is right up there watching over all those he loved and left, still shining as the biggest star in his own Universe.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1167 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:06 AM »
What a fantastic article, thanks so much for posting it Keren  :^^)    I love to discover all the different facets that made up Heath's amazing character...but its always so sad too.... :\'( :\'( :\'(

What she said...  It's so beautiful, that Heath had that place with The Masses to explore other creativities in a safe environment.  But I love the most the idea of their going to Mexico, where he had a real freedom.  And this photo is so gorgeous...and so poignantly sad.

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1168 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:12 AM »

Oh god, Keren, this breaks my heart.  I love this Dylan song, so poignant.  (And we might say, "if only he was lying by me [so to speak] I'd lie in my bed once again."  Such a sweet-sad song of loss and yearning, along with the INT visuals of our beautiful Heath -- I can hardly stand it, once again...

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1169 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:20 AM »
Whew...  More insightful words about Heath and what a special person he was...  And yes, it is so heartbreaking that the best role, he didn't get to play but for a little while, that of a dad...

kathy