Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 646890 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #1201 on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:58 PM »
ok, I didn't wait and I found another link:

http://www.collegeotr.com/college_otr/watch_heath_ledger_win_the_critics_choice_award_for_best_supporting_actor_17893

damn  :\'(

Damn. This really is a time again I need tissues about every 5 minutes.. I thought it'd be better with time, but it's not, it's the right opposite.
The award season.. I dread it.
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2009, 06:46 PM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

babytammy7

« Reply #1203 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:55 PM »
I saw it, I saw it and I can't stop cry now....I'm so damn proud of Heath, and I just can't, just can NOT understand why he is not here to be the same proud we are now.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

He left when he was on the top of that mountain that was his dream and his passion. So unfair. So unfair.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1204 on: Jan 09, 2009, 11:23 PM »
I saw it, I saw it and I can't stop cry now....I'm so damn proud of Heath, and I just can't, just can NOT understand why he is not here to be the same proud we are now.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

He left when he was on the top of that mountain that was his dream and his passion. So unfair. So unfair.

I feel the same way.  :ghug: I know it is going to be hard and bitter-sweet. His achievement has been long recognized, not by the number of awards he had or is going to receive but by his work which has impacted us in a profound way.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1205 on: Jan 10, 2009, 12:07 AM »
Damn, the video is off already, due to Viacom.  I didn't see it, so I hope it shows up again somewhere.  Such beautiful words he said about Heath...

kathy

It's still on this link Keren posted earlier today Kathy

http://www.collegeotr.com/college_otr/watch_heath_ledger_win_the_critics_choice_award_for_best_supporting_actor_17893
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1206 on: Jan 10, 2009, 12:13 AM »
ok, I didn't wait and I found another link:

damn  :\'(

Thank you, Keren.  This was so beautiful.  Sad but so wonderful!

For what comfort it is, I like to imagine if he were here, how we would all be drooling and thudding our way through awards season, seeing Heath in his beauty and hotness and in his crazy outfits.

kathy
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2009, 01:23 AM by ksxks »
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1207 on: Jan 10, 2009, 02:06 AM »

I feel the same Tammy  :\'( :\'( :\'( :ghug:

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1208 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:33 PM »
Ledger wins Golden Globe
12th January 2009, 10:45 WST

Late Perth actor Heath Ledger has won a posthumous Golden Globe award for his performance as psychopathic villain The Joker in Batman blockbuster The Dark Knight.

Batman director Christopher Nolan on Sunday collected the best supporting actor award on behalf of Ledger, who died of an accidental overdose in January last year at the age of 28.

The victory cements Ledger’s status as the odds-on favourite to win a best supporting actor Academy Award at next month’s Oscars.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=23&ContentID=117470
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1209 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:37 PM »
You'll find more there:

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=5723.msg873992#msg873992

Including a link to download the clip from the Golden Globed when he won :)
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1210 on: Jan 12, 2009, 11:33 AM »
This is a link to a new rememberance blog that was created by Theresa who used to run HL Central, and was also a personal friend of Heath.

http://heathledgerrememberances.wordpress.com/

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #1211 on: Jan 13, 2009, 02:49 AM »
 I insist on watching the local television ( Philippines)  to hear the latest about the 66th Golden Globe Awards although I know that I can get the fresh news on the internet.

Congratulations Heath! 

I believe even Heathy is alive.he can still be awarded for this exceptional role as the JOKER in the latest Batman movie.The Dark Knight.

http://www.goldenglobes.org/nominations/

Our Dearest Heath is awarded . The Best Performance by an actor in a supporting role in a motion picture.

As I imagine  how he walked to get his trophy.. smiled at everyone with his dashing looks....

..and  he gaze at the crowd and say few little words  for his accomplishments and honoring his producers and staffs.... the same that I heard from his Santa Barbara speech.

Tears from my eyes meant happiness for Heathy.
It is bitter because  you are not here... ..and yet sweet knowing you are one of those prestigious soldiers of art who had portrayed each and every role par excellance.

Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1212 on: Jan 13, 2009, 03:31 AM »
This is a link to a new rememberance blog that was created by Theresa who used to run HL Central, and was also a personal friend of Heath.

http://heathledgerrememberances.wordpress.com/

Thank you, Keren. I am so glad to see Theresa starting this blog. Watching Christopher Nolan accepting the two awards, Golden Globe and the SAG has been healing for me in so many ways. I was surprised that tears came so readily after all these times. It was good to know the feelings will never fade. At the same time, it was good to feel the sense of common remembrance and gratitude for Heath. Christopher is so amazing a speaker.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1213 on: Jan 13, 2009, 04:37 AM »
From Theresa's blog:

Heath Ledger’s Mom, Sally, Says Globe To Go To Matilda

Heath Ledger’s mother says her son’s Golden Globe award and other accolades will end up in the hands of the person who mattered most in his life: his daughter Matilda.

“I should imagine that eventually it will be going to Matilda,” Sally Bell says from her home in Perth, Australia, in an exclusive interview. “At this stage she is only so young, but down the track she will have all these things. It will belong to her because she is part of him.”

Bell says she and her family are “bursting with pride” over her son’s recognition for playing the psychotic Joker in The Dark Knight, a role he “loved.”

“It is such a fantastic and wonderful legacy for his daughter. Matilda will have so many people who will be able to speak to her about her father’s abilities and [the] respect he had in the industry. That is such a wonderful legacy to leave,” she says.

Bell says she learned of his Golden Globe win before boarding a flight in Australia, adding there were “a few tears.”

“There is a lot of emotion tied up in this and we have to deal with that emotion first before we can relax and enjoy the moment, if you know what I mean,” she explains.

Bell says it has been “a bit of an emotional rollercoaster” for the family, but notes Heath would have appreciated the acknowledgment from his peers. “That’s what meant the most to him really,” she says.

Source: people.com

http://heathledgerrememberances.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/heath-ledgers-mom-sally-says-globe-to-go-to-matilda/

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #1214 on: Jan 13, 2009, 05:15 AM »
Thank you, Keren. I am so glad to see Theresa starting this blog. Watching Christopher Nolan accepting the two awards, Golden Globe and the SAG has been healing for me in so many ways. I was surprised that tears came so readily after all these times. It was good to know the feelings will never fade. At the same time, it was good to feel the sense of common remembrance and gratitude for Heath. Christopher is so amazing a speaker.

same for me  :\'(  ^f^
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1215 on: Jan 14, 2009, 02:11 AM »
Ledger wins Golden Globe
12th January 2009, 10:45 WST

Late Perth actor Heath Ledger has won a posthumous Golden Globe award for his performance as psychopathic villain The Joker in Batman blockbuster The Dark Knight.

Batman director Christopher Nolan on Sunday collected the best supporting actor award on behalf of Ledger, who died of an accidental overdose in January last year at the age of 28.

The victory cements Ledger’s status as the odds-on favourite to win a best supporting actor Academy Award at next month’s Oscars.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=23&ContentID=117470

Thanks, Jackster.

And I just LOVE your avatar picture and dumbass missin' !!

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1216 on: Jan 14, 2009, 02:14 AM »
I insist on watching the local television ( Philippines)  to hear the latest about the 66th Golden Globe Awards although I know that I can get the fresh news on the internet.

Congratulations Heath! 

I believe even Heathy is alive.he can still be awarded for this exceptional role as the JOKER in the latest Batman movie.The Dark Knight.

http://www.goldenglobes.org/nominations/

Our Dearest Heath is awarded . The Best Performance by an actor in a supporting role in a motion picture.

As I imagine  how he walked to get his trophy.. smiled at everyone with his dashing looks....

..and  he gaze at the crowd and say few little words  for his accomplishments and honoring his producers and staffs.... the same that I heard from his Santa Barbara speech.

Tears from my eyes meant happiness for Heathy.
It is bitter because  you are not here... ..and yet sweet knowing you are one of those prestigious soldiers of art who had portrayed each and every role par excellance.

As I've said, I also "imagine" him actually being there.  I love your image, of him walking up there to get his award.  Being his beautiful and quirky Heathy self, probably both wry and humble.

kathy

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #1217 on: Jan 14, 2009, 02:17 AM »
I just saw the,  13 January 2009 - Daily Poll from IMDB.... the question was:
What was your main reason for tuning into the Golden Globes on Sunday?
 one of the answers was:  I watched the show to see if Heath Ledger would win a posthumous award.
guess what I voted for  ::)
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1218 on: Jan 15, 2009, 12:23 PM »
Here is the complete list of British Film Academy's nomination:

http://www.bafta.org/awards/film/film-nominations-in-2009,657,BA.html

Dark Knight received nine nominations, including Heath's Best Supporting Actor

$f$

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1219 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:37 PM »
Ledger earns BAFTA nomination
15th January 2009, 17:30 WST

(following on lancecowboy's lead - the story from Perth . . . )

Heath Ledger’s performance in The Dark Knight has earned him a nomination for the prestigious British Academy film awards. Ledger, who died of an accidental drug overdose early last year, was nominated in the best supporting actor category for his role as the Joker.

Ledger’s nomination in Britain’s version of the Oscars comes after he was awarded a posthumous Golden Globe for best supporting actor earlier this week. The Perth-born actor has also picked up a Critics Choice award for his portrayal of the Batman villain The Joker and is tipped to win an Academy Award next month.

Ledger faces competition at the British awards, known as the BAFTAs, from Hollywood heartthrob Brad Pitt for his role in Burn After Reading, Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder, Philip Seymour Hoffman in Doubt and Brendan Gleeson for In Bruges.

The Dark Knight picked up a string of other nominations including for cinematography, production design, costume design, editing, make-up and hair, music, sound and special visual effects.

Six thousand BAFTA members were involved in voting for the nominees.

LONDON
AAP

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=118345
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1220 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:53 AM »
Ledger earns BAFTA nomination
15th January 2009, 17:30 WST
(following on lancecowboy's lead - the story from Perth . . . )
Heath Ledger’s performance in The Dark Knight has earned him a nomination for the prestigious British Academy film awards.
Six thousand BAFTA members were involved in voting for the nominees.
LONDON
AAP
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=118345
I knew it!!  :clap:
 :cr) to our boy!!!
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

Offline ynnaf

• Lureen
« Reply #1221 on: Jan 16, 2009, 08:35 AM »
New tributes by colleagues and friends:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20252991,00.html

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1222 on: Jan 16, 2009, 09:27 AM »

I just finished reading it and I'm speechless, I can't stop my tears... :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1223 on: Jan 16, 2009, 09:30 AM »
I just finished reading it and I'm speechless, I can't stop my tears... :\'( :\'( :\'(
Same here  :\'(

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1224 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:26 AM »

Thank you ynnaf. I appreciate the new insights from Wes Bentley, and the crew from Dark Knight. I look forward to the new film's release. It's strange, but reading the tributes, this time around, it feels like Heath never left, still here, waiting to surprise everyone with a big smile, and "gotcha". I look forward to watching all the films that I have not yet seen (Casanova, Brothers Grimm, Black Rock, Two Hands...though the tragedies Ned Kelly, Monster's Ball and Order may be too sad until a distant future), and re-watching all the few happy ones (A Knight's Tale, Four Feathers, Patriot). I think it's time to finally crack open the case containing Ten Things I Hate About You. It's been sitting on the shelf for a few months now. The comment from the director was funny...when he asked to hire him after the interview. I wonder how many other straight men had the same reaction.

Thanks again.  :t)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1225 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Terry Gilliam: I was in Vancouver, and there was a computer with a BBC website and it says, ''Heath Ledger found dead.'' My immediate response was, ''It's a f---ing Warner Bros. publicity stunt for the Joker!'' We kept looking at the computer thinking it was going to change. But it wouldn't go away.

Catherine Hardwicke: I was in a van in Oregon scouting a location we shot for Twilight. And my phone just exploded. And then you're just on the ground, weeping. At least I was outside in this beautiful place with the trees and the green and you could just try to connect with his spirit right then.

James Schamus: It was one of those ''where were you on the day Kennedy was shot'' moments. I called Jake and remember wailing.

I think I'm gonna die of a broken heart if I keep reading these things  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #1226 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:59 AM »
Terry Gilliam: I was in Vancouver, and there was a computer with a BBC website and it says, ''Heath Ledger found dead.'' My immediate response was, ''It's a f---ing Warner Bros. publicity stunt for the Joker!'' We kept looking at the computer thinking it was going to change. But it wouldn't go away.

Catherine Hardwicke: I was in a van in Oregon scouting a location we shot for Twilight. And my phone just exploded. And then you're just on the ground, weeping. At least I was outside in this beautiful place with the trees and the green and you could just try to connect with his spirit right then.

James Schamus: It was one of those ''where were you on the day Kennedy was shot'' moments. I called Jake and remember wailing.

I think I'm gonna die of a broken heart if I keep reading these things  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Keren :ghug: The more I read some new tributes or simple opinions about him and the emptiness he has left,the more I realise that all of them are not a mere way of being polite.They really loved him and still do,because Heath has left a unforgettable memory in all who knew him. :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1227 on: Jan 16, 2009, 11:07 AM »
Of all the people in the world, why him??

WHY???

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #1228 on: Jan 16, 2009, 11:19 AM »
Of all the people in the world, why him??

WHY???

:ghug: Keren  :ghug:  C'mere, baby...*BEARHUG*  I wish I could be there to hug you for real right about now.

I've been asking myself that precise, hurtful, hateful question for almost an entire year now.  We all have.  And yet there remains no answer to speak of. 

Ohhh, Heath.  Sweetie....   :\'(

WHY???   :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1229 on: Jan 16, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Thank you Laura  :\'( :ghug: