Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732401 times)

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #270 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:43 AM »
Go to bed Maggie.... someone will be here when you get back :)  :ghug:

No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #271 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:43 AM »
I keep reading and it's all the same reports. Not sure what i am waiting for...maybe to read that there's been a mistake and he's not  dead??  Such weird feeling i am having...i can't remember anything like this before.  None of my "hometown friends" have any idea how i feel.  I'm glad i have you all to post my thoughts and feelings to.  again hugs to all   :ghug:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #272 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:49 AM »
Here in Germany it’s the other way. Everything I read or heard this morning they always pointed out “known as the actor of a gay cowboy in BBM”. Mostly no metion of other films. Like he never did another film. Even if I just discoverd Heath in BBM I find it distastful.

It really helps to come her and see that I'm not alone with my pain.

Thanks  :ghug:

Annika,  :ghug: you are not alone. What ever the world may say or do outside, this is a valley of peace and friendship. You are welcome here, because you share our love for Brokeback Mountain, and everyone who helped to make it, especially Heath Ledger. He is a legend now.

:ghug:
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #273 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:50 AM »
I keep reading and it's all the same reports. Not sure what i am waiting for...maybe to read that there's been a mistake and he's not  dead??  Such weird feeling i am having...i can't remember anything like this before.  None of my "hometown friends" have any idea how i feel.  I'm glad i have you all to post my thoughts and feelings to.  again hugs to all   :ghug:
I'm the same but the news has changed, it doesn't seem real. No one here understands either. Have been talking to a friend from Sydney who is very upset though. We are going to catch up next week.
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #274 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:54 AM »
    Frenchcda, thanks for the latest news update from Australia, that Heath was taking Ambien for inability to sleep.  Maybe that is what I saw
in those photos from London that had me so worried---he was exhausted.  And who can survive on 2-3 hours of sleep?  Chameau is very right,
there will be stories that never end, and most of them false, but that the real truth is that he left behind immeasurable beauty.  Am going to lay down.
Whatever the news is tomorrow, I will always be bitter that no one around him saw that fatigue and stepped in.  I can't help this bitterness,
because I don't believe--some things are meant to be.  Not this one.  Not ever.  My only consolation is the rest of you, each of you, for having
loved him so.  Every one of you carries part of that light that he brought into the world, just by being himself. A good and decent man.

Frenchcda, thank you, for the post. It made me realize how much I fought against the idea that Heath would contemplate suicide. Once I read your post, I was relieved (if that's possible today) that the death was accidental.

Tony, I understand your bitterness, and I sympathize with those closest to Heath, who must be in anguish with guilt for not stepping up and took charge of the man. But I also hope that you will find peace, knowing that whatever the reasons, destiny now placed Heath in heaven, a bright star in the company of the best of the best. He will be a legend surpassing many others, at least in my heart, he is the only legend.

Peace, friends,

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #275 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:59 AM »
Even though I am still in a state of disbelief, it is comforting to read every single post.

These posts mean so much to each one of us and I am sure to Heath Ledger too. Thanks and  :ghug:
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #276 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:01 AM »
Hi Asali,  I'm glad to hear someone else mention that no one understands.  I have sat here for hours with my laptop on my lap on myspace and on here, just to be able to express what i am feeling.  I think i am going to go to bed now...i'll be back tomorrow.  Hope to talk to some of you then.  It's been a long tearful day.  to you all  %)

I'm the same but the news has changed, it doesn't seem real. No one here understands either. Have been talking to a friend from Sydney who is very upset though. We are going to catch up next week.
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #277 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:08 AM »
Good-night Maggie. Rest well. :^^)

Time for me to turn in as well.  :ghug: to all Brokies everywhere, and anyone who loves and misses Heath.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #278 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:13 AM »
'Night.

I want to just turn back the clock and fly to NY and bang on his door
way before 3pm today!
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #279 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:17 AM »
If only....

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #280 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:19 AM »
Hard to go to bed isn't it? I don't want to go to the kitchen.

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #281 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:23 AM »
And tonight, I think a part of each of us here died with him...

it has thomas.
i have only heard it an hour ago.

but i am devastated. i am lost.

my condoleances to the family.

but also to us, to this place. we have lost.
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #282 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:25 AM »
Oh tizi  :ghug: It's been such a long day.
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #283 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:26 AM »
tizi,  :ghug: to you.

It is sad to see many of you waking up with such tragic news and many of us can't sleep.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #284 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:27 AM »
I am glad we are all able to gather here

It is hard to know what to think and write

:ghug:

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #285 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:29 AM »
I woke up this morning hoping to find out this had all just been a nightmare...and I find that it is, only it's still happening, even with the lights on :-\\

I still feel immensely sad, but my sadness is turning to anger a little as well. Why is life so cruel as to take someone so young, so vibrant, so talented...with so much to give and so much to live for? Someone with a beautiful daughter that he clearly doted on and who certainly adored her daddy? Someone who at such a tender age had already given the world an incredible gift with his performance as Ennis and who no doubt had many more such gifts to give? It's just not right.

As one of the many tributes said, Heath's Ennis would have gone down in the annals as an awesome performance and lived on long after his death even if he'd still been with us when he was 100. It's a tragedy that it now outlives him barely two years after the world first realised his talent.

:\'( :\'( :\'(
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #286 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:31 AM »
Just got up for work after a crappy night trying to get some sleep, but just lying there thinking of all of this. Immediately came here to read all the posts.

So glad all of my friends old and new are here, as always, for each other. I know everyone will ask me about this at work and I'm wondering about going in at all.

:ghug: Thanks everyone ...again...for pulling me through a difficult time
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #287 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:32 AM »
Hard to go to bed isn't it? I don't want to go to the kitchen.

Yes, it is! And now tizi and NoReins are here and I just want to dish out more  :ghug:

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #288 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:33 AM »
Just got up for work after a crappy night trying to get some sleep, but just lying there thinking of all of this. Immediately came here to read all the posts.

So glad all of my friends old and new are here, as always, for each other. I know everyone will ask me about this at work and I'm wondering about going in at all.

:ghug: Thanks everyone ...again...for pulling me through a difficult time
We all have each other and understand what we're going through, it is so wonderful to have this place. Tom  :ghug:

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #289 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:35 AM »
Tom & NoReins.  :ghug:

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #290 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:37 AM »
tizi,  :ghug: to you.

It is sad to see many of you waking up with such tragic news and many of us can't sleep.

it is.
you know, i am at work, and i can't stop crying, and i don't know how i will be able to get through this day. i cannot stay here with you, and i feel so alone...

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #291 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:38 AM »
i don't know how i will be able to get through this day. i cannot stay here with you, and i feel so alone...

just get through it, and then we are all here for you when you come back  :ghug:

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #292 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:42 AM »
just get through it, and then we are all here for you when you come back  :ghug:

Exactly. Hang in there. You're not alone. :^^)

:ghug: to you too Tom.

Sleepy girl turning in. What a wonderful group of people taking care of each otehr like this. I really am awfully lucky. Good-night all.

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #293 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:43 AM »
I don't feel like working either but maybe it's better we do normal things...
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #294 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:44 AM »

I think so...

Offline johnboy

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #295 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:44 AM »
Just heard the news on the radio, why O why,so  :(
Brokeback Mountain Video's - Sorry had to remove

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #296 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:45 AM »

can't right now. just heard it an hour ago.
what do i tell my co-workers? i lost a friend?

yes. that is what happened.

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #297 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:46 AM »
They just showed a 15 minute tribute to Heath on the tv and the final clips were the sum up of his career with quotes from him and playing the Wings  :\'(

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #298 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:48 AM »
Just heard the news on the radio, why O why,so  :(
johnboy :ghug:

tizi you can say you've been notified of a friends death, they don't need to know any more than that.

Offline deathlydee

• Cassie
« Reply #299 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:50 AM »
i... really dont know what to think.
i mean.. Steve Irwin was such a shock, then Peter Brock just a week later.. and now this.
I've always been a Ledger fan and I always believed he was one of Australia's best. He always will be and there is nothing else i am able to say about this...