Author Topic: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!  (Read 135486 times)

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!
« Reply #90 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:50 AM »
THE MUNICH FILM FESTIVAL WAS A HUGE SUCCESS FOR DR. PARNASSUS!

Wonderful news!!!   &**)
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #91 on: Jun 28, 2009, 12:49 PM »
THE MUNICH FILM FESTIVAL WAS A HUGE SUCCESS FOR DR. PARNASSUS!  I've started putting up the photos from Friday night's gala opening if you guys want to copy and paste them please feel free to do so, they're great.

Saturday there was a second, public screening at the festival with a Q&A with Terry and Verne Troyer afterward.  We had 3 members attend that screening for us and this morning they tell me they are stil TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY BY THIS AMAZING FILM.  They loved it.  We'll have a report/review of the screening and Q&A from them on the homepage in the next day or so and you guys are welcome to copy and paste it if you wish. 

I've read the screenplay and know that there's a lot of Heath in this film and that it's just the kind of role he could adore and sink his teeth into.  They say he's absolutely incredible in the role!

Hugs, Theresa

This is so great, I'm so happy to hear that! And I can't wait to hear all the reviews... I wish I could've been there, I'm dying to see it myself!
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #92 on: Jun 29, 2009, 11:17 AM »
I have heard from our contingent from our website who attended Munich, the screening of Dr. P and the Q&A with Terry and Verne.  I am quite emotional as I tell you that it is my understanding that in that huge theater, full of press and people from around the world, Terry Gilliam talked about our website and how beautiful and wonderful it is and how EVERYONE should go there.  He told them that it was run by a lady in Los Angeles (to protect my name and my peace from being contacted by media) and then talked to our people from the website there at the Q&A.  It was AWESOME!

We'll have exclusive photos and an article/review this evening hopefully.  It is being written now.  Our members said they were just so proud when Terry talked about us and our support.
Theresa

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #93 on: Jun 29, 2009, 11:21 AM »
A Thank You From Holly Gilliam To All Of You and She calls the photo campaign GENIUS!

First thing this a.m. I received this very sweet email from Terry's daughter Holly.  Holly is the one that Heath drew the heart on her birthday card that the cast all had tattooed on their hand.  She also is part of making the movie just like his daughter Amy and runs the movie's official Facebook Fan Page for the movie.  Here's Holly's note:

Theresa.  This is fantastic.  Will you also post it on the facebook fan page? Love the campaign - it's genius. Such a great idea.
Thank you so much for all your hard work and support for the film.  We are all in awe of you.
Thank you.

I'm so proud of all of you.  Please please keep those pictures coming   We want this thing to go viral!
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2009, 01:13 PM by keren_b »
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #94 on: Jun 29, 2009, 12:30 PM »
I have heard from our contingent from our website who attended Munich, the screening of Dr. P and the Q&A with Terry and Verne.  I am quite emotional as I tell you that it is my understanding that in that huge theater, full of press and people from around the world, Terry Gilliam talked about our website and how beautiful and wonderful it is and how EVERYONE should go there.  He told them that it was run by a lady in Los Angeles (to protect my name and my peace from being contacted by media) and then talked to our people from the website there at the Q&A.  It was AWESOME!

We'll have exclusive photos and an article/review this evening hopefully.  It is being written now.  Our members said they were just so proud when Terry talked about us and our support.

This is just the most amazing thing, I am overjoyed. I nearly burst into tears when I first read it on the Support Site, to know that Terry said those things to all those people who came to watch the movie. I mean, I knew that he follows the site and that he appreciates it a lot, but to know he actually said that for all the world to hear... wow. It gives me even more motivation to keep going.

And I just want to tell you all how wonderful it is to be a part of this site, and this group effort to bring Heath's last movie to theaters all over the world. I went into this project because I love Heath with all my heart, and I still can't accept the fact that he's gone. Maybe it's my way to cling on to him, what's left of him for us to see. I feel that he gave me, us, so much, and this is just my little way of giving something back... because I know how involved he was in this movie and I know he would've wanted it to do well, and if he could see what we're doing here now I believe he would've been proud. I'm doing it for him, and because I want as many people in the world to be able to see his last performance. His talent was too rare and precious to be ignored in the theaters. And then reading more and more about this movie, learning about all the efforts and the love and the unselfish devotion that were put into it by the entire cast just to complete it, to make it happen, to bring it out to the world... it was a labor of love in Heath's memory, these people really loved and honoured our boy and wanted to do his work justice. It's a gesture that is so rare in this industry. And I feel that I also owe it to Terry, who loved Heath like a son and believed in him and wanted the world to witness his talent, and to Johnny and Colin and Jude, who agreed to step in and help without a moment hesitation (even though they were busy with other projects) because Heath was their friend, and then donated their entire salary to Matilda, to the whole cast who rearranged their schedules and adjusted themselves and did whatever was neccessary and worked so hard even though they were still mourning their friend. Terry Gilliam credited this movie "A movie from Heath Ledger and friends", and that's what it is. It's a rare tribute, a work of love and a magical journey into our imagination that we don't often see on our movie screens. So doing whatever I can to help promoting this movie is the least I can do. So many other people did so much more to honour our boy. And if people are tired of me preaching them and nagging them and begging for their help, well, Heath is still worth the effort.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #95 on: Jun 29, 2009, 01:10 PM »
A Thank You From Holly Gilliam To All Of You and She calls the photo campaign GENIUS!

First thing this a.m. I received this very sweet email from Terry's daughter Holly.  Holly is the one that Heath drew the heart on her birthday card that the cast all had tattooed on their hand.  She also is part of making the movie just like his daughter Amy and runs the movie's official Facebook Fan Page for the movie.  Here's Holly's note:

I'm so proud of all of you.  Please please keep those pictures coming   We want this thing to go viral!

Oh My. They love the campaign!  (^) (^) (^) &**) &**) &**)

You see guys, this is actually helping the promotion... please send your pics if you haven't done that yet!! you can either email them to Theresa or PM them to me and I'll pass them on. If you're too shy to show your face on the pic, I already posted here examples for creative ways people found to do it. You can write the message on your back and take a photo of that if you want to! But please send pics, please. It will take just a minute of your time and it's such a great help.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #96 on: Jun 29, 2009, 01:36 PM »
Oh My. They love the campaign!  (^) (^) (^) &**) &**) &**)

You see guys, this is actually helping the promotion... please send your pics if you haven't done that yet!! you can either email them to Theresa or PM them to me and I'll pass them on. If you're too shy to show your face on the pic, I already posted here examples for creative ways people found to do it. You can write the message on your back and take a photo of that if you want to! But please send pics, please. It will take just a minute of your time and it's such a great help.

The forum is offline for a few hours as I fix some problems.  It kept being slow and crashing which is because we have so much traffic.  Almost 85,000 hits to the homepage alone.  And it has caused issues so we lost come content.  I'm having to move the gallery to another location and try to get the posts back on the forum, so please give me a few hours.  We want this capign to  go viral.  It will help the movie tremendously, so please please spread the word! we'll have the form back soon and a new gallery.  Then I'll be announcing other exciting things we're going to do in the next day or so.  Heath would be so proud of everyone!
Theresa

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #97 on: Jun 30, 2009, 01:22 AM »
URGENT PLEASE READ!!! If you belong to the following "Terry Gilliam "Official" IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS FB GROUP", on Face book, contact me immediately by PM.  It is imperative that you contact me or Keren B here.  or email me at http://'www.imaginariumof drparnassus.com, as this group has been what they call hijacked and is no longer being run by Amy Gilliam.  As you know Amy closed that group and opened an Official Terry Gilliam Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus FAN PAGE  on face book. The Group IS NOT OFFICIAL AND DOES NOT HELP THE MOVIE!!! It can hurt the movie.  I am in contact with Amy to fix this and get rid of he group but until that time, please remove your membership.

The url of the Group you need to quit that is bogus is:  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=96100835955

However, it is vital that you continue to support and belong to Amy's Official Facebook Fan page.  If yo need that correct url, please just let me know in your pm.

It is run without Amy's permission and the person administrating the group is not connected to the movie and does not have Amy or Terry's permission to do so. 
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2009, 12:16 PM by keren_b »
Theresa

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #98 on: Jun 30, 2009, 11:58 PM »
We Should BE SSSOOOOO Proud

Today an interview was published that was done with Terry Gilliam just before he left for Munich.  Terry asked the reporter (phil stubbs) if he had ever heard of our site (then gave the name of the site to Phil) then Terry said, it's wonderful That's where I always go to find out what's going on with my movie!!!!

Then the article moves on and is just amazing.  I'm really proud of this becuase this article will go world round.  I have posted it on the front page.  He also admits that he does the tweeting as Dr. Parnassus on is twitter page which means he was the one who recommended our site on Twitter.

Lastly, there is no more need to worry about the "official" dr parnassus GROUP (not the real fan page) that I discussed with all of you about being unofficial and being pirated from Holly Gilliam last night.  Today Holly and I worked together and after numerous attempts to get the administrator to resign and give Holly back her site (the admin refused) Holly was able to convince the person that it was in her best interest to close the false group which has now been done since that admin had no affiliation or permission from the movie to have that site.  Which means there is now only one official site and it is the fan page we told you about and that one is official, it is owned and run by Holly, Terry and the moviemakers.

My personal biggest concern was that Heath's little sister, Ashleigh was on the site and thought she was on an official site as was Vince the artist who did Heath's portrait.  I have written to both and they now know which site to join.

Thank you guys for seeig us through this.  These things hapen sometimes but please know we are watching them to make sure they are correct and you are told truth on all Official News.

Love T
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2009, 12:14 PM by keren_b »
Theresa

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #99 on: Jul 01, 2009, 12:00 AM »
Canada, congratulatons you have a release date in Vancouver of September 23 and distribution throughout your country!  More on our homepage.
Theresa

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #100 on: Jul 01, 2009, 03:01 AM »
theresa what amazing work you are doing....  ^f^
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #101 on: Jul 01, 2009, 09:59 AM »
theresa what amazing work you are doing....  ^f^

Thank you darling!  It's such a joy.  I'm determined that no matter what it takes the world will see Heath's final performance.

I'll be announcing a really cool Big contest today!  A fun and easy one!
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #102 on: Jul 01, 2009, 12:16 PM »
We Should BE SSSOOOOO Proud

Today an interview was published that was done with Terry Gilliam just before he left for Munich.  Terry asked the reporter (phil stubbs) if he had ever heard of our site (then gave the name of the site to Phil) then Terry said, it's wonderful That's where I always go to find out what's going on with my movie!!!!

Then the article moves on and is just amazing.  I'm really proud of this becuase this article will go world round.  I have posted it on the front page.  He also admits that he does the tweeting as Dr. Parnassus on is twitter page which means he was the one who recommended our site on Twitter.

Lastly, there is no more need to worry about the "official" dr parnassus GROUP (not the real fan page) that I discussed with all of you about being unofficial and being pirated from Holly Gilliam last night.  Today Holly and I worked together and after numerous attempts to get the administrator to resign and give Holly back her site (the admin refused) Holly was able to convince the person that it was in her best interest to close the false group which has now been done since that admin had no affiliation or permission from the movie to have that site.  Which means there is now only one official site and it is the fan page we told you about and that one is official, it is owned and run by Holly, Terry and the moviemakers.

My personal biggest concern was that Heath's little sister, Ashleigh was on the site and thought she was on an official site as was Vince the artist who did Heath's portrait.  I have written to both and they now know which site to join.

Thank you guys for seeig us through this.  These things hapen sometimes but please know we are watching them to make sure they are correct and you are told truth on all Official News.

Love T

I read the review by the 3 members who attended the screening and it's just fabulous! I recommend everybody to go and read it. And the things Terry said about the Support Site really make me proud, and happy.

Thanks for letting us know about the facebook fanpage Theresa, I'm glad to know there's no need to worry about it anymore.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #103 on: Jul 01, 2009, 03:20 PM »
I'm going to be making a big announcement this evening about a HUGE fun contest we are going to do to promote the movie.  It's going to be so much fun, but I can't give away any details just yet except that Terry will be giving us the grand prize which will be especially from him to the winner.  There will be other prizes as well.  It's going to be easy, fun and a lot of laughs!  I can't thank Terry enough for supporting me in this endeavor and I can't wait to share it with all of you.  I just have to wait until I get home and gather my thoughts together so I can write the homepage post about it in a clear and intelligent way.

Hugs to you all.
T
Theresa

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #104 on: Jul 01, 2009, 05:21 PM »
Canada, congratulatons you have a release date in Vancouver of September 23 and distribution throughout your country!  More on our homepage.

OMG! OMG! OMG!  x***x :clap: x***x :clap: x***x

If we get it in Canada, chances are it will be released in U.S.A. since U.S.A. & Canada are considered as one market for most of the releases.   :P

$f$
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #105 on: Jul 02, 2009, 02:27 AM »
Keep your fingers crossed that Lionsgate will take it for the USA, but as of now there is no deal.  I promise as soon as I know something I'll tell you.
Theresa

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #106 on: Jul 02, 2009, 02:29 AM »
Here's my Big Announcement - Please read the details on the Homepage, it will be well worth your while

Please go to the homepage and read about our hugge contest which is open to everyone on and off the site with prizes especially from Terry Gilliam, a Rare Original Johnny Depp Prize and  Priceless Heath Prize.  VERY IMPORTANT.  The post is long but had to be to explain everything clearly.  Bear with it please if you want the chance to win one of these amazing original prizes.
Theresa

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #107 on: Jul 02, 2009, 02:31 AM »
Keep your fingers crossed that Lionsgate will take it for the USA, but as of now there is no deal.  I promise as soon as I know something I'll tell you.
Good ... I'm sure it will happen!!!  O0   $f$
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #108 on: Jul 02, 2009, 07:21 AM »
Hi to everyone.

It's been a week since I started my photos campaign to promote The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus. And so far I got pictures from only 6 EnnisJack members. Guys, I know we can do better than this.
So many people here care and love Heath, and I bet you all would like to see his final performance on the big screen, in your country and all over the world. He worked so hard for it, in my opinion we owe it to him. And it really doesn't require a lot from you... just one photo of you holding a sign that says "I'm from ______ and I can't wait to see Dr. Parnassus". That's all, one picture.
Like I said before in my messages on the forum, If you don't want your face to be shown you don't have to. you can hold the sign in front of your face. Although personally I think it's great that people can see us, but it's not a must if that is a problem for you.
Please guys, we already got feedback from the Gilliams that this campaign is a great idea, we don't want to lose the momentum. Please please please send me these photos as soon as you can.

Thank you.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #109 on: Jul 03, 2009, 07:37 AM »
we are YouTube stars!!!

One of the Support Site members made a video with the photos that people sent - not all of them, because it was made before I sent some of the last ones that were posted to me yesterday - but it looks so great!!!!! I hope that once we get more photos we'll make another video, and then the rest of you will be featured there. In the meantime Theresa will keep posting all the photos on the homepage. The campaign isn't over yet, we still need those photos so keep them coming!!!

Here's a link to the video:

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/great-video-of-fans-around-the-world-speaking-out-and-telling-you-dr-parnassus-is-coming-soon/03/

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #110 on: Jul 03, 2009, 05:29 PM »
Cool  x***x
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #111 on: Jul 05, 2009, 01:54 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY

This is in the planning stages date wise.  But the chat itself is definite.   This morning I made arrangements for a live chat in our chatroom with Terry Gilliam.  He will be there where you can talk directly to him and ask him your questions.  We are going to have to come up with a system of asking questions to keep this chat organized.  Jodelle, Raychella and I are working on that now.  So please now, start making a list of your questions for Terry and send them to me at admin@parnassusmovie.com.  DO NOT PUT THEM IN THIS THREAD PLEASE.  It's easier for me to keep up with them if I get them by email.  When you send your questions and you may ask 3 questions, put your name, where you are from and what site you belong to please. You may ask about Heath, but please don't make it overly personal and please keep it about Dr. P and lastly please ask other questions about the movie or Terry.  But he definitely will talk to you about Heath.

I will give you more information when I get a definite date but it's looking like late July or early August. (after comic-con).

This is an incredible opportunity for us.  Feel free to ask your question.  No question is too dumb, don't worry about your English, we'll be glad to help you, just let us know. 

Let's make this an event he and we will remember.

I will send you our chatroom address.
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #112 on: Jul 06, 2009, 10:59 AM »
I'm posting this message from Theresa - it was posted on the other Parnassus thread but it actually belongs here.

I only have a moment as I am late for the office and you know me, I'm very emotional about what I am leaving here for you.  There is more info on the homepage.  THIS is the cover of an EXCLUSIVE magazine article and coverstory that his being done about our campaign for support.  Look and this my loved ones and be ever so proud of what you are doing!  Love T

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #113 on: Jul 06, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Theresa, it's totally awesome that you arranged a live chat with Terry Gilliam!! I sure hope I'll be able to take part in this one.  &**) &**) &**)

And the EXCLUSIVE MAGAZINE ARTICLE, wow!!!! I just can't wait to read that!!!!! I can't believe that our little campaign has grown so big and is getting so much attention and recognition. This is wonderful. And you guys, I'm so proud of all of you... 19 ennisjack members have already sent me their photos. :)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #114 on: Jul 06, 2009, 01:33 PM »
The fans photos video was edited and changed to include more photos. also, and this is important to say, all the animals photos were taken out... we've been told that while our pets are hilarious and cute, distributors don't tend to take them too seriously and it's more effective to stick to humans holding signs. So, while it was fun, no more animals pics please...

This is the new video and it contains even more photos of ennisjack members!

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #115 on: Jul 07, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Yes,I agree¡ Maybe distributors could think this was some kind of joke...It's better to use human beings,so let's hope that it's effective¡. :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #116 on: Jul 08, 2009, 03:48 PM »
I'm posting this message from Theresa - it was posted on the other Parnassus thread but it actually belongs here.

This is fantastic Keren!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  What a fantastic honour that this magazine should choose the campaign to support Dr Parnassus as its cover story for its first ever english version  &**) &**) &**)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #117 on: Jul 09, 2009, 01:58 AM »
Yes,I agree¡ Maybe distributors could think this was some kind of joke...It's better to use human beings,so let's hope that it's effective¡. :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

As Theresa said, distributors have no sense of humour.  ::)

This is fantastic Keren!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  What a fantastic honour that this magazine should choose the campaign to support Dr Parnassus as its cover story for its first ever english version  &**) &**) &**)

I know, I'm still overwhelmed by it! The cover looks great. But it's not going to be only the cover story, they're going to dedicate the whole magazine to out campaign!!!

Offline Annika

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #118 on: Jul 09, 2009, 02:26 AM »
I hope this is just the right place to post the picture I sent to Keren for the campaign.

BTW, I love all the others I’ve seen.  O0

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.   (Dr. Seuss)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #119 on: Jul 09, 2009, 02:28 AM »
Yes it's the right thread for it Annika... and your photo is already on the homepage! :^^)