Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1736961 times)

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #720 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:06 AM »
But I suspect he will be buried in Australia -- possibly Perth.

As with Chopin, I wish that they would bury Heath's body here in the US, and send his heart back to Perth.

It is my most honest belief, that Heath needs to be buried here, in Perth. This is his true home, where he was born, where he grew up, and most importantly of all, where his family reside.

It is true of course, that Heath is loved all over the world, so I can well understand your desire, to keep a part of him there in the US with you.

Yet please try and understand, ( but perhaps you already do), that more than any of us, his family need to have their son and brother,  home again, to have him rest at last, in a special place, with the knowledge, that he will forever be close, and where they can visit at any time that they wish.
"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #721 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:16 AM »

As with Chopin, I wish that they would bury Heath's body here in the US, and send his heart back to Perth.

It is my most honest belief, that Heath needs to be buried here, in Perth. This is his true home, where he was born, where he grew up, and most importantly of all, where his family reside.

It is true of course, that Heath is loved all over the world, so I can well understand your desire, to keep a part of him there in the US with you.

Yet please try and understand, ( but perhaps you already do), that more than any of us, his family need to have their son and brother,  home again, to have him rest at last, in a special place, with the knowledge, that he will forever be close, and where they can visit at any time that they wish.

As much as I understand tpe's desire to keep a part of Heath in the US, I agree that his body needs to be laid to rest in Australia, where his family can take care of him.  I think that is the only right thing to do.
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #722 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:18 AM »
I dropped away from this forum a while ago, (I used to be aimi15) but have always tried to keep up with the happenings. At the moment there's nowhere else I could possibly be, just reading the tributes is helping, knowing that everyone else feels such loss.

It's a terrible, terrible tragedy and I'm struggling to make sense of it all. I'm thankful he was there though, all be it for such a brief moment.

Hi Aimi.  Remember me? I'm so glad you came back, so many people are finding there way back to this place, to share with others the grief we all feel.  I'm so glad that you felt you had to be here.  everyone is trying to be strong for each other, to support and deal with this unbelievable and tragic loss.   :ghug:

Offline icelau

• Cassie
« Reply #723 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:18 AM »
失去即是永远

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #724 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:19 AM »
It's been that way for over 2 years now - this tragedy has just proved again what an incredible place this is.

You are so right, Lindsey and Rosie.  I'm so glad to be here, even though I wish we were not going through this.  But if I had to be anywhere, I would always want to be here.   :ghug:

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #725 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:25 AM »
You are so right, Lindsey and Rosie.  I'm so glad to be here, even though I wish we were not going through this.  But if I had to be anywhere, I would always want to be here.   :ghug:

Yeah. What is it folks say? It's great to see you - I just wish the circumstances were better :-\\

I totally agree that Heath should be laid to rest in Australia too. His family are there and they need him close to them. And anyway, even though he lived thousands of miles away, Australia was his homeland and it's where his final resting place should be.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #726 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:27 AM »
Yeah. What is it folks say? It's great to see you - I just wish the circumstances were better :-\\

I totally agree that Heath should be laid to rest in Australia too. His family are there and they need him close to them. And anyway, even though he lived thousands of miles away, Australia was his homeland and it's where his final resting place should be.

Absolutely. Imagine how his family feel, knowing they weren't there when he died? They would want him to be with them, when he is laid to rest.  It's got to be that way.

Offline Annika

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #727 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:28 AM »

I'll just dito that.

I'm still in lost with the English language.

Big hug to everybody :ghug:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.   (Dr. Seuss)

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #728 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:38 AM »
I can see that the pain and loss are as strong as ever for so many of us. We can only hope that with each day it will get a little better and that his family will experience the same healing process.

I am forever grateful for everything he gave us during his life, and forever grateful to have this place to gather together with all of you while we try to come to terms with his death. :ghug:

Thank you, Heath, for sharing yourself with us. And thank you forum family, for sharing yourselves as well. :^^)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #729 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:40 AM »
I can see that the pain and loss are as strong as ever for so many of us. We can only hope that with each day it will get a little better and that his family will experience the same healing process.

I am forever grateful for everything he gave us during his life, and forever grateful to have this place to gather together with all of you while we try to come to terms with his death. :ghug:

Thank you, Heath, for sharing yourself with us. And thank you forum family, for sharing yourselves as well. :^^)

Oh Barb, that's just beautiful. And so true.  :^^)

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #730 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:46 AM »
 :ghug: christie.

It still feels a little weird going out around people who are walking around like it's just another day, and acting like this news is just another item from the daily file.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Ain't no reins on this one"
« Reply #731 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:53 AM »
Hi all. second not happy day. I got to work, and my boss asked immediately what's wrong with me, coz I look so sad. I told her, and she understood (Glad of that).

This song came to my mind today, I'll post it here...

Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone
Susanne the plans they made put an end to you
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song
I just can't remember who to send it to

I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again

Won't you look down upon me, Jesus
You've got to help me make a stand
You've just got to see me through another day
My body's aching and my time is at hand
And I won't make it any other way

Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain
But I always thought that I'd see you again

Been walking my mind to an easy time my back turned towards the sun
Lord knows when the cold wind blows it'll turn your head around
Well, there's hours of time on the telephone line to talk about things
to come
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground

Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain
But I always thought that I'd see you, baby, one more time again, now

Thought I'd see you one more time again
There's just a few things coming my way this time around, now
Thought I'd see you, thought I'd see you fire and rain, now

James Taylor
The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #732 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:00 AM »
For me I had a dream and hopes to see Heath Ledger in Vancouver for the filming of Imaginarium...

Indeed, what a missed opportunity.

I myself wanted so much for Heath to sign the BBM pup tent "one of these days", joining his autograph with Ang Lee's, Schamus's, and (at some future date, I hope) Jake's.    Now, I know it is not meant to be.

I only caught a glimpse of him from afar here in Chicago last summer, when they were filming the funeral scene for "The Dark Knight".  I didn't even know then that it was him until someone pointed him out to me.  So close, and yet so far...

What saddens me is the possibility that Parnassus may never see the light of day.  It sounds a bit strange and unjustified, but I feel that I've been robbed if such a thing would indeed come to pass.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #733 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:02 AM »
Dear Brokies,

This afternoon I had the privilege to go to the apartment and paid our tribute and respect to Mr. Heath Ledger. As soon as I got off the subway station a few blocks away, my heart was so aching and my tears could not stop. Every step was the hardest I had ever experienced in my life and my body was shaking. Until then when I laid the flowers, I was hit by the reality and realized what had happened.

Thank you for being with me and giving me the strength to do it on behalf of this most wonderful community. My eyes have been dried and then are wet again. I ask myself why we have to go through this? We mourn the death of Jack from the movie and now we mourn the death of Heath from the real life. For them, we are stronger and become better people in honoring Jack and Heath.

We are now even closer to Heath and forever grateful for what he has given us. :\'(  :ghug: :ghug: to everyone of you. My heart and thoughts are with you.

Thank you so much, Ethan.

Offline chrichri

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #734 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:03 AM »
Hello, sorry for my poor english, because I am french.

I'd just wanted to say : Heath You miss me.

Love to all

chrichri

Offline chrichri

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #735 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:04 AM »
Sorry, : Heath I miss you

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #736 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:10 AM »
Sorry, : Heath I miss you
We do, we miss you so much.

I saw Heath on the news walking the red carpet, it spun me out because for I moment I forgot and then realised we would never see him do that again.
I was hoping if he came here for the Batman premier to go and watch him on the red carpet. :\'(

I am going to try to sleep  :\'(
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline chrichri

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #737 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:14 AM »
I understand Asali, that's so hard...

Try to sleep if you can :(

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #738 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:14 AM »
Oh that is so nice to read that Jake is on his way to be with Michelle. I feel so terrible for all his family and friends.

I was watching the news a lot tonight to get any new info but mostly to see lots of old clips and interviews. I found it so sad to see his body being taken away on that awful stretcher.  And is it me or did anyone else thing that they werent' so gentle? He bounced on the curb, when the stretcher hit the back of the ambulance and it did look like they were tossing him in. Made me cry.   But I suppose, they were trying to just do it quickly.  Funny how you notice odd little things when you are grieving.

Alas, there are conflicting reports this morning, saying that Jake is being "kept" from leaving by the filming of "Brothers" in New Mexico.  The reports do say that he is terribly upset, and that the media has been barred from speaking to him.

Since we really don't know what is afoot, it is probably better to end speculation about Jake's plans until we get confirmation from any of the major papers about this.

Personally I have no doubt that the thing about the media is true -- Jake has always been a private person, not wishing to feed any media circus surrounding Heath's death, and not putting himself in the spotlight during such a trying time.  After all, I suspect that this is a PERSONAL loss to him, and who are we to violate this, good fans though we are of BBM?

I also don't doubt that he has contacted the parties most affected.  His pain is for their ears only, for the time being.  So long as he remains this way, let us respect him in his silence, as we always had.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #739 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:22 AM »
I will be traveling to NYC on sunday, weather permitting, to lay a tribute in front of Heath's apartment. If anyone is from this area and would like to join me I would love to meet you. PM me

My heart felt thoughts and prayers go out to Health's family especially to Michelle and Matilda.

TTYS,
Rory

Wonderful, Rory.  Remember all of us here when you offer your tribute.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #740 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:27 AM »
OMG!  I found this picture from Reuters on the web... do you remember the Toronto picture with Jake, Mississaugared & Tpe?

:\'(

Crap, it's us!  :\'( :\'( :\'(

I hate not seeing this picture...  Accursed office blockers! 

Offline meandennis

• Lureen
« Reply #741 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:28 AM »
Like many others, I dropped out of actively participating in the forum some time ago. I was battleing depression brought on by the Brokeback aftermath, and I needed to get my life back on track. With your compassion and support, I was able to do so, but here I am back again with all my friends that I miss so much. I, WE, can't let this tragedy bring us back to the depths were so many others want us to be. We accomplished so much because of Brokeback, and the courage of Heath and Jake and Ang to tell our story. I am going to think of this as Ennis and Jack finally getting together to start that little calf-and-cow operation that will give them the sweet life that jack had dreamed of for so long. My heartfelt sympathy to all of you here on the forum. Heath, you will never know how much you touched our lives. Rest in peace dear friend. You did OK, you were loved. :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

meandennis
It's because of you Jack that I'm like this.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #742 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:29 AM »
Cathing up my breath, this is the link,the article it's in French from Montreal's La Presse

http://moncinema.cyberpresse.ca/nouvelles-et-critiques/nouvelles/nouvelle-cinema/2753-Autopsie-non-concluante-pour-Heath-Ledger.html

Thanks Cham.  I see the picture now.  Wonderful!

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #743 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:35 AM »
It still feels a little weird going out around people who are walking around like it's just another day, and acting like this news is just another item from the daily file.

That is to remind us all, that life does indeed go on. People die everyday, it is an unavoidable and common occurance. Some grieve for those who are gone, others just carry on regardless, are they doing so, with a form of acceptance of their own mortality? Or in denial of it?

I have not cried for Heath's passing, but that does not mean that it has not saddened me. For it has greatly. Especially as he is from the same part of Australia as myself. Physically Heath has left this world, but there are so many other ways in which he is still here, among us all, and even more so, among his family and friends. It is those ways, in which death cannot fully claim a person. Death cannot steal memories and love, for they shall remain, for as long as there are those who shall remember him, and who shall pass off the memories of Heath onto others.

"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #744 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:35 AM »

Well said.  The latest news are indeed saying that he will be buried in Australia.  As you have said, it is only right, as much as we want to keep a part of him here.

Offline malawix

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #745 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:39 AM »
Hello everybody. Another sad day. No way to forget, to go beyond all this. Not yet.

Meanwhile, I want you to check this guestbook, online since yesterday...

http://www.legacy.com/SFGate/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=101716459&PageNo=1

A kiss to all. Alex.
«Though you are far away | I am with you in every way | Close your eyes and you will see...»

Offline aimi15

• Cassie
« Reply #746 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:42 AM »
Hi Aimi.  Remember me? I'm so glad you came back, so many people are finding there way back to this place, to share with others the grief we all feel.  I'm so glad that you felt you had to be here.  everyone is trying to be strong for each other, to support and deal with this unbelievable and tragic loss.   :ghug:
Hi Christie, of course I remember you. :) God, this is like a horrible nightmare. It difficult knowing quite how to process what's happened, it's such a shock. It's great that the whole fandom is being so supportive of each other, but this fandom has always felt very strongly bonded. :ghug:

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #747 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:45 AM »
Like many others, I dropped out of actively participating in the forum some time ago. I was battleing depression brought on by the Brokeback aftermath, and I needed to get my life back on track. With your compassion and support, I was able to do so, but here I am back again with all my friends that I miss so much. I, WE, can't let this tragedy bring us back to the depths were so many others want us to be. We accomplished so much because of Brokeback, and the courage of Heath and Jake and Ang to tell our story. I am going to think of this as Ennis and Jack finally getting together to start that little calf-and-cow operation that will give them the sweet life that jack had dreamed of for so long. My heartfelt sympathy to all of you here on the forum. Heath, you will never know how much you touched our lives. Rest in peace dear friend. You did OK, you were loved. :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

meandennis

To meandennis and to the "many others": this place is always here for all of you. 

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #748 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:47 AM »
Hi Christie, of course I remember you. :) God, this is like a horrible nightmare. It difficult knowing quite how to process what's happened, it's such a shock. It's great that the whole fandom is being so supportive of each other, but this fandom has always felt very strongly bonded. :ghug:

Good to see you also, Aimi.  :)  The current circumstances are sad, but seeing old friends at this time is both a comfort and a joy.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #749 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:50 AM »

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/210352.php/Ledger-to-be-buried-in-Australia

-----------------------------------------

Ledger to be buried in Australia
From our ANI Correspondent

New York, Jan 24: Oscar nominated actor Health Ledger will be buried in his hometown of Perth, Australia. 

A source at the Frank E. Campbell funeral chapel told the New York Post's Page Six that the funeral house was preparing to ship the 28-year-old's body to his home country as soon as possible.

Michelle Lee, a rep for the Australian consulate, confirmed the report saying: "Our consulate has been in contact with his family and has offered assistance to help fly Heath's body back to Australia."

The Frank E. Campbell funeral chapel has been the final stop for many of the world's most famous names including Jackie Kennedy Onassis, John Lennon, Judy Garland and Luther Vandross.

Ledger passed away on Jan 22 at his New York apartment. His body was found by a masseuse and a housekeeper.

The police have said that there was no signs yet of foul play or suicide. Cops also dismissed reports that illegal drugs were found in the apartment.

A post-mortem conducted overnight on the actor was found to be "inconclusive".