Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1737225 times)

Offline Edmund-Paul, The Baron of Ree

• Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #360 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:34 AM »
Like many of you here I am shocked. Living in Europe I woke up to the news. Heath's picture is front cover on the papers. I am wearing a black tie today with the cowboy outfit and Stetson I always wear since BBM.

Its good there is this forum because most people in the "real" world do not understand what we are going through right now.

:\'(
Learn from Brokeback Mountain. Make the most of your life & love from now on.
Because if you can fix it - you don't have to stand it.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #361 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:34 AM »
tpe suggested  earlier, to do something to remember him by, so I thought, how about a tribute video on YouTube from our forum  ?
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #362 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:36 AM »
tpe suggested  earlier, to do something to remember him by, so I thought, how about a tribute video on YouTube from our forum  ?

It seems a beautiful idea for me. Thanks, hpv¡   ^f^
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #363 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:39 AM »
He is a legend now.
 :ghug:
You bet!!
He will be an Icon of youth , beauty and talent  ^f^
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

• Ennis
« Reply #364 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:39 AM »
It seems a beautiful idea for me. Thanks, hpv¡   ^f^

Thats a good idea.

Also, at get-togethers, I think it would be great to light (Zippo) lighters at the end of the film.

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #365 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:42 AM »

very very good.

but please, do not make him an ICON. just what he was is important.
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline goblondie

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #366 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:47 AM »
I read it on yahoo this morning before going to work, im in chock... :\'( what a tragedy.
Ya know, it can be like this... just like this... always.

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #367 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:49 AM »
Not an icon but a man, a husband and father, an actor. Remember him as he was, " warts and all", to quote Oliver Cromwell's reported instruction to the painter of his portrait.

• Ennis
« Reply #368 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:52 AM »
Quote from: tizi17 link=topic=12653.msg673262#msg673262 date=1201088522

but please, do not make him an ICON. just what he was is important.
[/quote

We can keep things tastefull here of course. However, like Valantino, James Dean, Marylin Monroe, Glenn Miller, Buddy Holly & Elvis Presley to name but a few - a tragic death guarantees Icon status. He will never grow old.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #369 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:54 AM »
PLANS ARE BEING CONSIDERED
FOR A MEMORIAL TO HEATH LEDGER
TO BE INCLUDED
AT THE MEET IN EAU CLAIRE IN MAY

It would be very much appreciated, thank you Jer. :ghug:
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #370 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:02 AM »
yes. i will have to because. my tears won't stop. and i can't take off.

i will try though to come here as often as possible, i need you all here  :ghug:
Be strong and hang on !
:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Offline bigheart

• Jack + Ennis
  • June
« Reply #371 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:04 AM »
Oh Ali....friend..

Poor Heath, feeling so alone....

I just wanna die too... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Oh BT sweetie  :\'(  :^^) :ghug:

Offline bigheart

• Jack + Ennis
  • June
« Reply #372 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:05 AM »
I didn't know last night. I've just woken up and found out this news. I can't believe it. I can't stop crying. Oh Heath. I just can't believe it.

Rosie  :ghug:

Offline bigheart

• Jack + Ennis
  • June
« Reply #373 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:09 AM »
And Christie, Keren, Tizi, Annika and everybody else that I don't personally know  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

I have no words to express how utterly sad and heart broken I am for our beautiful Heath. He gave us darling Ennis and for that I will be forever grateful.

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #374 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:10 AM »
I have no words to describe such a sudden shock of Heath's life ending so soon, a fellow West Australian like myself.

A death without warning, without any seeming reason, is always the hardest to take and accept.

Yet, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. But sometimes, it may take awhile for us to learn of that reason, if we ever do at all. Yet, the reason still exists.

May memory of Heath live on forevermore.

"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #375 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:12 AM »
I was crying so wildly that my boss just sent me to home.....

I have a horrible headache 'cause of so much cry....My eyes are swollen...I don't know what to do....

I read on the newspaper that Heath was so depressed 'cause he still loved Michelle and 'cause he was not happy with his work lately 'cause he thought that he was doing the same all the time with his new characters. He also had health problems.... :\'(  :\'(
That's so sad.....

But at the same time I'm so angry 'cause I read too that Heath was seen in NY lately so dirty and messed and smelling so bad and that he had a lot of problems with journalists.

I've read some beautiful things too, like he became a legend thanks to BBM and his acting in BBM was beyond perfect, more powerful than the best Marlon Brandon.

And Ali, I've seen what you posted....that's terrible, disgusting, something sooooooo cruel. How people can be so inhuman? Now my heart is not only broken by sadness but also by anger.

Tammy, my heart is with you. I know how you feel. :ghug:

And don't believe the press, they're only speculating and spreading rumours. Heath loved playing the Joker, he said it's the most fun he's ever had with a character, and he was filming a movie with Terry Gilliam now and he adored Terry and loved working with him, he said himself that Terry was his favorite director. Don't read ugly things that people are saying about him, don't do that to yourself. They don't know him. He was a talented, loving, beautiful human being, that's all that matters.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

babytammy7

« Reply #376 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:13 AM »
Oh BT sweetie  :\'(  :^^) :ghug:

June, Hon, I just want to tear my heart out to stop feeling so terribly sad..... :\'( I'm a real mess right know.....crying like a baby....I'VE CRYING FOR 5 HOURS and still it seems like I can't stop....

Oh Heath, my sweet Heath, you'll be terribly missed.....

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #377 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:16 AM »

And don't believe the press, they're only speculating and spreading rumours. Heath loved playing the Joker, he said it's the most fun he's ever had with a character, and he was filming a movie with Terry Gilliam now and he adored Terry and loved working with him, he said himself that Terry was his favorite director. Don't read ugly things that people are saying about him, don't do that to yourself. They don't know him. He was a talented, loving, beautiful human being, that's all that matters.

Keren,how are you? It´s a stupid question,I know,because all of us are feeling as if a part of us has died with him.But,tell me,are you feeling a little better? Have you taken a rest and eaten anything? Promise me you´ll do,please;there´s nothing to do if we don´t feel strong enough... :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline bigheart

• Jack + Ennis
  • June
« Reply #378 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:18 AM »
June, Hon, I just want to tear my heart out to stop feeling so terribly sad..... :\'( I'm a real mess right know.....crying like a baby....I'VE CRYING FOR 5 HOURS and still it seems like I can't stop....

Oh Heath, my sweet Heath, you'll be terribly missed.....

Oh you sweet thing *hugs you so tight*  Please try and get some rest  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

babytammy7

« Reply #379 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:20 AM »

Keren, my friend, something is wrong with me.....I feel like I've lost someone of my family....It's almost impossible to express with words the pain I feel inside of me.....It's so hard and overwhelming....

How am I supposed to watch BBM again or to read those marvellous fics where Ennis has still Heath's face? How am I supposed to visit the Baby pix thread again without feeling I'm dying?

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #380 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:21 AM »
And don't believe the press, they're only speculating and spreading rumours. Heath loved playing the Joker, he said it's the most fun he's ever had with a character, and he was filming a movie with Terry Gilliam now and he adored Terry and loved working with him, he said himself that Terry was his favorite director. Don't read ugly things that people are saying about him, don't do that to yourself.
 They don't know him. He was a talented, loving, beautiful human being, that's all that matters.
I ditto every word you said Keren!!!  :^^)

manhattangirl

« Reply #381 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:23 AM »
I was crying so wildly that my boss just sent me to home.....

I have a horrible headache 'cause of so much cry....My eyes are swollen...I don't know what to do....

I read on the newspaper that Heath was so depressed 'cause he still loved Michelle and 'cause he was not happy with his work lately 'cause he thought that he was doing the same all the time with his new characters. He also had health problems.... :\'(  :\'(
That's so sad.....

But at the same time I'm so angry 'cause I read too that Heath was seen in NY lately so dirty and messed and smelling so bad and that he had a lot of problems with journalists.

I've read some beautiful things too, like he became a legend thanks to BBM and his acting in BBM was beyond perfect, more powerful than the best Marlon Brandon.

And Ali, I've seen what you posted....that's terrible, disgusting, something sooooooo cruel. How people can be so inhuman? Now my heart is not only broken by sadness but also by anger.

It's not important how he left us,  he left us.  Let's remember what he left behind, a masterpiece that brought us together, and a love that will keep us together.

So Tammy my friend don't let  the "bad guys" get you down.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #382 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:24 AM »
How am I supposed to watch BBM again or to read those marvellous fics where Ennis has still Heath's face? How am I supposed to visit the Baby pix thread again without feeling I'm dying?
BT  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:  My feelings exactly... :\'(
saying that I still urge you to hold on and be strong fro us..  :^^)

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #383 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:31 AM »

I agree with everything you said Keren.  He was beautiful and talented and loved so much. 
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #384 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:34 AM »
Hello my friends. Back again after a few hours sleep. More  :ghug: for all those who are just now finding out.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline AnitaSmith

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #385 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:37 AM »
He Was A Friend of Mine

He was a friend of mine
He was a friend of mine
Every time I think of him
I just can't keep from cryin'
'Cause he was a friend of mine

He died on the road
He died on the road
He just kept on movin'
Never reaped what he could sow
And he was a friend of mine

I stole away and cried
I stole away and cried
'Cause I never had too much money
And I never been quite satisfied

He never done no wrong
He never done no wrong
A thousand miles from home
And he never harmed no one

He was a friend of mine
He was a friend of mine
Every time I hear his name
Lord, I just can't keep from cryin'

babytammy7

« Reply #386 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:40 AM »

One brokie posted this in SW thread.  :\'(  :\'(

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
  • just like this always...
« Reply #387 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:45 AM »
He Was A Friend of Mine

He was a friend of mine
He was a friend of mine
Every time I think of him
I just can't keep from cryin'

He died on the road
He died on the road
He just kept on movin'
Never reaped what he could sow

I stole away and cried
I stole away and cried
'Cause I never had too much money
And I never been quite satisfied

He never done no wrong
He never done no wrong
A thousand miles from home
And he never harmed no one

He was a friend of mine
He was a friend of mine
Every time I hear his name
Lord, I just can't keep from cryin'

I've been playing this song almost non stop since I heard, it makes me think of Jake and how devastated he must be feeling, like we all are, because Heath WAS a friend of ours, even if we didn't know him personally. He brought us all together through his beautiful portrayal of Ennis and will live forever through him and through the friendships born from Brokeback Mountain. Rest In Peace,lil darling :\'(
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline phathead

• Cassie
« Reply #388 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:47 AM »
I feel sad and empty.
Rest in peace Heath.

babytammy7

« Reply #389 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:53 AM »
I've been playing this song almost non stop since I heard, it makes me think of Jake and how devastated he must be feeling, like we all are, because Heath WAS a friend of ours, even if we didn't know him personally. He brought us all together through his beautiful portrayal of Ennis and will live forever through him and through the friendships born from Brokeback Mountain. Rest In Peace,lil darling :\'(

Yeah CS, he was a friend of ours...

I'm thinking about Jake too...they were good friends.  :\'(  :\'(