Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732866 times)

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #570 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:30 PM »
I'm still struggling with this, God help me...a part of me wants to scream, "This isn't true!"

I am just sick over this.  I'm so thankful I have this place and the LiveJournal community to go to.  You all have really helped keep me sane.

He's been gone 24 hours now... :\'(
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #571 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:36 PM »
I want to hug my friends, cry with them x

And us with you Princess.  :ghug:
Actually, "life does get better than this"

roconner

« Reply #572 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:42 PM »

He was our KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR!

The love he shared with us will never diminish but only grow stronger with time.

God Bless and Comfort his Friends, Family, and Fans, in this time of Sorrow.

Heath ... You left us far too soon.

You will live forever in our hearts.

Be at Peace, Dear One.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2008, 04:11 PM by roco »

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #573 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:54 PM »
In Ledger's case, whatever it was took with it not only a man many decades too young to die, but an extraordinary actor who rendered one of the truly great screen acting performances of his generation. 

That's a pretty awesome - and extremely accurate - epitaph.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #574 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:55 PM »
    Yeah, it's now been over 24 hours, and it's said our minds mark those passages, just like the first year anniversary after losing someone, is the
worst.  Got over that wall, but now I remember, the last poem I did, and have only put 4 on the poetry thread, it was about Jack coming for
Ennis, while he was asleep in his bed, but heading for death.  It was doggerel, not very fancy, but it just hit me that's how it happened with
our beloved Heath.  Jack was taking Ennis home, in his sleep, and now some angel took Heath peacefully away from us, while he slept.  I wish I
had never written it.   Especially the lines:
                                                         keep on a-sleepin', but I'm here,
                                                         your lover, knowing, drawing near.

I hope whatever angel came for Heath let him look back to see us, loving him as he was, as he really was, a good and decent soul.

Offline guyinjax

• musician
  • Lureen
  • Ennis Del Mar is my hero
« Reply #575 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:56 PM »

He didn't?

I don't care what that "Academy" says.  He was Best Actor for 2006 in my book.

No, he didn't win.  He was nominated.  It was an artistic crime.  AND it can be, and should be, corrected.  The Academy ought to be feeling like the umpire who got the call wrong at home plate.  WE were all in the stands and saw what really happened.

Heath Ledger for Best Actor in a Drama, 2006, awarded posthumously.

... sorry, fellow Brokies ... don't mean to be preachy ... I don't like injustice.
Ennis Del Mar is my hero!

Offline cowgirlKt!

• Alma
  • brokeback dreaming....
« Reply #576 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:58 PM »

just found this video which is like a memorial to Heath, if you feel like you can watch it its a nice montage of pics and clips of him
GOD I WISH THIS WAS JUST A DREAM (well nightmare)and id wake up in a minute...... :\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #577 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:59 PM »
I'm sorry, I can't read anymore... my mind just can't comprehend the fact that he's gone.
I'm going to sleep thinking about him, and crying for him. This is just too much for me to bare.
Goodbye my sweet prince charming. Rest in peace.

:\'( :\'( :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #578 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:02 PM »
I'm sorry, I can't read anymore... my mind just can't comprehend the fact that he's gone.
I'm going to sleep thinking about him, and crying for him. This is just too much for me to bare.

Oh God, sweet prince, now I am tearing up at work and I have to hide...
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline GayFred37

• Alma Jr.
  • LOVE is a Force of MY Nature ! El Pequeño ZORRO !
« Reply #579 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:05 PM »
MES BROKIES...

" BAD NEWS "...

" HEALTH / ENNIS... I SWEAR !!!!! "

Chevauche bien sur BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN... JAKE / JACK et Ns, Ns T'Accompagnons, TJRS !
Aaaahhhh !!!...  :cowb: ENNIS et JACK :cowf: , on vous AIME !!!...  :mout:
 :santa:  :farao:

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #580 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:06 PM »

The first public statement from someone in BBM:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23100481-5001021,00.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ang Lee mourns Heath Ledger, fans leave flowers, candles
January 24, 2008 07:30am

Ang Lee ... director of Brokeback Mountain, has described working with Heath as one of the purest joys of his life.

ACCLAIMED director Ang Lee has mourned the death of Heath Ledger, saying working with the Australian-born actor was ''one of the purest joys of my life.''

Ledger costarred with Jake Gyllenhaal in Lee's Oscar-winning movie "Brokeback Mountain." He played Ennis Del Mar in the gay romance about two ranch hands who carried on a secret love affair.

"Working with Heath was one of the purest joys of my life. He brought to the role of Ennis more than any of us could have imagined - a thirst for life, for love, and for truth, and a vulnerability that made everyone who knew him love him. His death is heartbreaking," Lee said in an email to The Associated Press.

Ledger's performance in "Brokeback Mountain" earned him a best actor Oscar nomination. Lee garnered the best director award for the film.

The 28-year-old actor was found dead yesterday by his housekeeper and masseuse in New York City - lying naked and face-down at the foot of his bed, with prescription sleeping pills nearby, police said.

An initial autopsy on the actor was inconclusive.

Meanwhile fans of Ledger have left flowers and candles outside the New York apartment building where the body of the Oscar-nominated Australian star was found with sleeping pills nearby.

Authorities said the death yesterday of the 28-year-old actor was a possible overdose, but it could be a further 10 days before the results of toxicology tests are known.

Shocked fans set up the makeshift memorial hours after Ledger's body was found.

One note said, "I couldn't find anything bad about you."

Khaled Ali, 41, a stage manager for a Broadway show, dropped off a candle outside the downtown SoHo building on his way to work. He said he and his fellow cast members were devastated by the news of Ledger's death.

"I felt a connection with him as an actor, as a fellow in the theatre community," he said.

"With Brokeback Mountain he touched me personally in telling the story of my community. It was very touching."

Ledger split last year with Michelle Williams, who played his wife on the set of Brokeback Mountain. The two had a daughter, the now two-year-old Matilda, and had lived together in Brooklyn's Boerum Hill neighbourhood.

Ledger was a widely recognised figure in his Manhattan neighbourhood, where Michelle Vella said she frequently saw him carrying Matilda on his shoulders, or having ice cream with her.

"It's a shock; he's so young," said Taren Dolbashian, who also had seen Ledger with his daughter.

"He always seems so happy."

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #581 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:06 PM »

my dear one.. try to rest, and please please.. we are with you in our thoughts...  :ghug:
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

babytammy7

« Reply #582 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:09 PM »
        I hope whatever angel came for Heath let him look back to see us, loving him as he was, as he really was, a good and decent soul.

That's so heartbreaking Tony. Swear to God I can't see what I'm writing 'cause I'm blind with my tears.

13 hours in front of my laptop; I've not eaten; I could vomit if I try it. I've cried the whole day, I'm still crying so bad. My head and eyes ache. I'm really sick. I'm not gonna sleep, that's for sure. I feel all dizzy and so tired. Something beautiful has died inside of me.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #583 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:09 PM »
It's the stories about Heath with Matilda that make me cry the most, she's lost a daddy who loved her so much.  I can't bear this, the pain doesn't seem to be going away.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #584 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:11 PM »

Oh darlin, I know, I can't accept he's gone either.  Why did he have to go? Why?  I don't understand any of it.  It's all so pointless.   :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #585 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:13 PM »
It's the stories about Heath with Matilda that make me cry the most, she's lost a daddy who loved her so much.  I can't bear this, the pain doesn't seem to be going away.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

i know exactly what you mean.
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #586 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:19 PM »
   BabyTammy, me too.  Have only had 3 hours sleep and don't know what to do.  Wait for that kiss on the forehead, my loving friend, for it will
be there.  If Heath ever skimmed through this forum, and he must have, for he had a curious mind, he would have spotted you SO quick, and
loved you.  Be sure of that.  Get some rest when you can.

Offline MississaugaRed

• Jack + Ennis
  • Gone too soon, but never forgotten.
« Reply #587 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Good NYtimes piece on him
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/24/movies/24appr.html?hp

You know I know this is about Heath and not Ennis but I was just thinking about the sensitivity and artistry that went into that performance.  How careful it was, how respectful. 

What a wonderful article, a fine tribute to Heath.  I'm going to keep a printed copy of this, to go with the Heath memos I've saved since early in BBM's release.  :(
"Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein loma-làn easgannan".
My hovercraft is full of eels.

“I miss you,” Jack whispered. “I miss you.” He felt loved. He felt heard. Shades of Grey by MidwestGirl

Offline ande_nem

• Lureen
  • I love my little nasty Jack
« Reply #588 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:21 PM »

He's been gone 24 hours now... :\'(

24 hours too long....

I have a really weird feeling I can't describe, I can't believe he's actually gone, I keep randomly breaking into tears, I've been a wreck at school today.

All the actors/singers with outward problems that have been splashed all over the papers for months, and yet it is Heath, so quiet, polite and mild-mannered, to die. It doesn't make sense.
I hope you know that, even if you don't never know the rest

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #589 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:25 PM »
I can't sleep, every time I close my eyes I see him. He can't be gone, he just can't be :\'(
this is one of the worst days of my life
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #590 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:26 PM »
All the actors/singers with outward problems that have been splashed all over the papers for months, and yet it is Heath, so quiet, polite and mild-mannered, to die. It doesn't make sense.
I know it really doesn't seem fair. :\'(
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #591 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:31 PM »
I didn't want to say anything about this, but for a short while yesterday afternoon (US time), Heath's entry in wikipedia was disgustingly desecrated.  The mods of that site made sure that it was cleaned up immediately.

There is so much nastiness out there about Heath.  We should be careful what to believe and not to believe.  In the meantime, we know that we honor him for his his work, his beauty, and his talent.  Nobody can take that away from us.

I am glad to have you braver souls than I scouting the news out there.  I just can't do it.  I don't want to come across something like this that you saw, Thomas, except by all of you here who I love telling me about it.  Like that ignorant "Christian" church group.  Which actually doesn't bother me per se.  Those people full of self-righteous vitriol will only get it back on themselves.  It does not even touch a hair on Heath's gorgeous head nor all those who love him.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #592 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:32 PM »

Anything interesting up there in heaven, Heath?

Oh god, now you've done it, NR.  :\'(

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #593 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:33 PM »
First thing I saw when I turn on my computer and connect to the internet this morning.  I thought it was just a dream.  Now I wish it was just a dream.  I'm so shock and numb that I can barely type.  This is a very sad news indeed.  Bless his soul.  I also feel for his daughter.  I hope her and her mother are well.  

To Heath:  May you rest in peace up there and look after the people you love.  If you are reading this, you know how many people love and respect you.  You were a great actor for someone so young and never in a million years would we think you'll leave us.  Your legacy will live forever.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Good to hear from you, JT.  I was wondering about you...

kathy

babytammy7

« Reply #594 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:36 PM »
   BabyTammy, me too.  Have only had 3 hours sleep and don't know what to do.  Wait for that kiss on the forehead, my loving friend, for it will
be there.  If Heath ever skimmed through this forum, and he must have, for he had a curious mind, he would have spotted you SO quick, and
loved you.
 Be sure of that.  Get some rest when you can.

Oh Tony..... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

You got me in tears again, my dear friend. You're so good and a beautiful person.

I really want to rest but I just can't; my mind doesn't want to stop thinking, and my heart doesn't want to stop feeling sadness.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2008, 04:44 PM by Baby Tammy »

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #595 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:40 PM »
This poem was read by the rabbi who officiated at my mom's funeral  it gave me some comfort I hope it might offer all of us some at well

Do Not Stand by my Grave and Weep  by Mary Elizabeth Frye
An early version, printed by others on postcards:

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.

I was looking for the poem I put on my mom's memorial card to share here also.  It was similar to this, if not this, perhaps.  (It was long ago, I don't exactly remember.)  This is so beautiful.  Thank you, TF...

kathy

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #596 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:44 PM »
Rest in peace, you dear man.  You will live on in our hearts.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, especially Michelle and sweet little Matilda.  May God give them the strength to get through this difficult time.

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #597 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:45 PM »
The only reference about Jake is from a UK article.

As I said, unless the press corners Jake, he will probably NOT make a public statement, especially when there are so many things left unaswered as of now.  But I don't doubt he is very much informed as to the events, given that Maggie is in NYC, and the fact that he is Matilda's godfather.

I had no idea that he was depressed. We have friends in Brooklyn and NYC who would see him and said recently how sad he looked. I assumed from his breakup.
That breaks my heart that he was sad and died alone.  :(

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #598 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:46 PM »
^^I think that's what makes it even sadder, that he was alone when he passed.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #599 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:50 PM »
^^I think that's what makes it even sadder, that he was alone when he passed.

That's what is upsetting me the more I think of it, I can hardly stand it.