Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732933 times)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #780 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:59 AM »
LuvJackNasty and I will be going to the apartment tomorrow and light a candle.

With your permissions, I'd like print messages from the forum vigil thread along with the candle. If you like to include your message, please light a candle and post. Thanks for helping us together.

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=12664.0

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

babytammy7

« Reply #781 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:00 AM »
Police have confirmed that nearly full bottles of the anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium) and Lorazepam (Ativan) were found in his apartment, along with Ambien and Zopiclone (Lunesta) sleeping pills and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril). All the drugs were prescribed to Ledger but rumours of illict drug use have begun to circulate.

The most likely cause of death remains an accidental overdose of the anti-anxiety drugs, which can significantly slow breathing.

Combined with a heavy fluid build-up in his lungs from a bout of pneumonia, the drugs may have been too much for Ledger's weakened body.

My poor baby.... :\'(  :\'(  :\'( He was so tired....he couldn't stand all those pills and his pneumonia.... :\'(  :\'(
And he was sad too....'cause he had anti-anxiety medications.....He being sad just breaks my heart... :\'(  :\'(

I would like to know..why on earth was she called before the ambulance service? Would it have made much of a difference, if the Ambo's were called first?  :(

Yeah, I was thinking that the whole morning. Damn.

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #782 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Thank you all for your support,  how we are supporting each other  Ethan thank you for going to Heath's apt building and paying your respect for all of us.   I wish I could be there too!

thanks Thomas for the news about where Heath will be buried.  I figured his family would want him home in Perth.   I hope that perhaps someone might put up a memorial somewhere in NY where people could visit and pay their respects for years to come. 

I am feeling so torn up right now

Linda
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

babytammy7

« Reply #783 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:06 AM »
“I’m a very easy going person in real life,” Heath Ledger told FILMINK while doing press for Brokeback Mountain. “Giving an interview is just a very different situation than being at home and talking to my family and friends. I don’t look at myself as a star or a famous actor. So talking to you makes me feel strange because I feel like I have to design something for the press that I feel is not there. But the last thing I want to be is rude to people. It’s just that I’ve always found it painful, because in a perfect world I would rather not talk about myself."

Oh my, he was a very good man, just sweet, tender, humble, natural....

I only slept 4 hours and woke up in the middle of the night just wanting, NEEDING huge him so hard. I needed to tell him that everything's gonna be OK, but now I realize that I needed him to tell me that everything is Ok.... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Thank yo so much Ethan for everything you've done.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #784 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:07 AM »

With your permissions, I'd like print messages from the forum vigil thread along with the candle. If you like to include your message, please light a candle and post. Thanks for helping us together.

That's such a beautiful idea Ethan. I know it's going to be hard for you both, but remember, we will be with you in spirit.   :ghug:
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline malawix

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #785 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:10 AM »
I've just found a video from "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" with Ellen remembering Heath. Touching and devastating.

Here: http://www.cineblog.it/post/8748/ellen-degeneres-ricorda-heath-ledger

«Though you are far away | I am with you in every way | Close your eyes and you will see...»

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #786 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:19 AM »
I've just found a video from "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" with Ellen remembering Heath. Touching and devastating.

Indeed, very moving.  That clip was a wonderful thing to remember him by.

Offline SisterMadly

• Cassie
« Reply #787 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:26 AM »
.....but upon first hearing the news, I shuddered as I realized that my first reaction was heartbreak because Ennis Del Mar, not Heath Ledger,  had died after so many years of lonliness without Jack!...that's how intertwined Heath and Ennis are in my imagination!  Even now, after seeing so many news reports on TV about the death of Heath Ledger, I feel at the same time the death of Ennis.  Maybe that's the bittersweet truth of a great film, of great Art: it becomes more real that its creaters......

Just wanted to say that this really describes how I feel.  I love Heath because he brought Ennis to life and Ennis, my god, he's a part of my soul.   The way Heath captured that character was almost other-worldly.

I pray that this good man is at peace and his loved ones find comfort. 

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #788 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Ethan - thanks for dropping off flowers and beautiful pics on behalf of this site. I haven't had the stomach to go yet.  The papers here in NYC (Post, etc) are so sad. he's still front page. :(

I'm so glad to hear he'll be in Australia to be buried.  I'd want my son near me too.  My heart aches for his little girl.....I'm sure Heath is so disappointed that he won't be around physically during her life...

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #789 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:35 AM »
This was posted on the blog that Theresa set up - it's so beautiful I just had to repost it here. I hope Theresa doesn't mind.

Miss Me, But Let Me Go

Author Unknown

When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little—but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that was once shared.
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take, and each must go alone.
It’s all a part of the master’s plan, a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart, go to the friends we know.
Bear your sorrow in good deeds. Miss me, but let me go.

Aww.. Lindsey. Thank you for posting that here. It makes me cry..but it is beautiful.
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #790 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Heath Ledger: His Last Costar Reflects
Christopher Plummer talks to EW.com about the loss of his castmate from their yet-to-be-completed Terry Gilliam film ''The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus''

By Steve Daly

Steve Daly is a senior writer at EW, and also author of EW.com's Money Shot columnLast week in London, Heath Ledger was busy wrapping up several months of long days and nights he'd spent at often-frigid outdoor locations, filming scenes for The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. But with Ledger's death on Tuesday in New York, the movie has become a reported $30 million question mark, since there were additional weeks of studio-soundstage filming yet to be done in Vancouver.

Imaginarium is a fantasy tale, written and directed by Terry Gilliam, a filmmaker known for his outlandish visual invention (he previously worked with Ledger on 2005's The Brothers Grimm). Christopher Plummer, who's now 78, plays the title character, an eccentric theatrical trouper trapped in a deal with the devil (Tom Waits) that dooms Parnassus's lovely daughter, Valentina (played by British-born model Lily Cole). Ledger was playing Tony, a roguish charlatan who gets mixed up with the troupe and begins a series of through-the-magic-mirror adventures to a strange parallel universe.

Early on Sunday, Jan. 20, Plummer boarded a plane back to New York and went on to his Connecticut home. Ledger took a different London-to-New-York flight and repaired to a SoHo apartment where, two days later, he was found dead. EW spoke with Ledger's final costar about what happened, what the filming was like, and what may or may not become of the last scenes Ledger ever performed.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: It seems incomprehensible.
CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER: We're all a bit befuddled at the moment. It's so sad. Heath did have a terrible, lingering bug in London, and he couldn't sleep at all. We all — I thought he'd probably got walking pneumonia, which they seem to think he had. Of course I don't really know, but that's the latest.

Where had you been working?
In and around London. Lots of sinister-looking, horrible locations. Places like Battersea Power Station, where the interior's all open, with huge hanging girders. The light comes in and creates this sort of vast, horrible Valpurgis Night. It's a very sinister building, and it's used sometimes for films. They shot some of [the new] Batman film in there. It's a designated building, protected, so they can't tear it down. It's just standing there gaping at everybody. Very effective. The last few days we were shooting outside a pub. Always outside. Cold as bejesus. You know how damp it gets in London. And at night the temperature drops horribly, and that little breeze gets up. You have to wear tons of stuff.

How much is left undone on the film?
Oh, there's an enormous amount left to do. This is why we were going to Vancouver. All the technical stuff, the green-screen, was to be done in Vancouver. God knows what's going to happen now.

That seems like a pretty substantial blow to the movie.
Of course it is. The film wasn't half made.... It's just terrifying. It had so much going for it, and there was so much new stuff we were all going to put into it to help it along. It was a sort of work of invention, from all hands.... And Terry [Gilliam] has had this experience before, with [The Man Who Killed] Don Quixote, with Johnny Depp.

Which famously fell apart early in the filming.
And here it is again. My heart goes out to him because he's worked so hard to get it off the ground. It just drives you mad thinking about it. I have no idea, and I can't say, really, what's going to happen to the film. We're still in total shock over Heath's death. It's sort of literally unbelievable, because apart from the sleeping, he was in such good form.... There was a sweetness about him. He was a very charming and gentle guy, actually.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Ledger had mentioned in a New York Times interview last fall that he had sleep troubles, and that he'd used sleeping aids to try to cope with that.
CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER: That's interesting, I didn't know that.

Did he ever seem or look tired on the set?
Oh no. Great energy. Always wonderful energy. In fact he did some of his own stunts just before we left London, some jumping and leaping about. Not horrendously dangerous stunts, but physically challenging stunts. Like leaping onto a rising stage from this rather quite high-up spot. He wants to do everything himself? Well that's all right — he's 28 years old. We all did. [Gentle laugh].... Anyway, it's so sad. I think he was just too over-exhausted: 28 years old, you think you can bounce back. But maybe not with heavy pneumonia on your chest.

There was an initial, seemingly groundless wave of speculation that it could be suicide, based on some inaccurate and incomplete reports about sleeping medications he kept in his apartment.
That doesn't make any sense. He was looking forward — he was in such a good, happy mood about the picture. Looking forward to going to Vancouver. He was enjoying the film thoroughly, and I'm here to say so. He was also terribly excited about becoming a director.

Right — he was going to direct a movie about a chess prodigy, called The Queen's Gambit.
I think that's where most of his ambitions would have lain, for the future. That too is such a shame. He thoroughly embraced the profession, and loved it. He wasn't suffering for his art at all. He was enjoying it.

Did he talk about wanting to direct?
He was very friendly with Terry Gilliam. They became very good friends on The Brothers Grimm and consequently bonded. And [on Doctor Parnassus] they would consult and they'd look and he'd watch, and he was fascinated. They were having such fun on this one. He was very inventive, Heath, and very versatile, as indeed many Australian actors are. They have a marvelous ear for accents and for character. He gave some very good ideas and pointers. As we all tried to do, but I think he was very serious about directing. Such a shame. He was so talented in so many areas.

You made a film with Terrence Malick a few years back, The New World — and Heath was at one point going to work with Malick on something called Tree of Life, though recent reports are that Ledger dropped out and Brad Pitt may take the role he would have played.
We never talked about that. You know, I didn't get to know him very well.... There was no time for that, really. You had to take what you got with the weather, and you had to be always on call, standing there waiting for your shot. One could step into a car every now and then and get warm, but shooting at night in a big city, it's not easy.... We were working in such dire conditions in London, outside every night in the cold. Which may have contributed somewhat to [the state of] his health. We were all armed with antibiotics all the time. It wasn't exactly joyous, except that the film itself was fun to do.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I'm only familiar with the broad strokes of the plot for Doctor Parnassus.
CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER: So were we all. [Laughs] I kept teasing Terry about that all the time. A lot of it is set down [broadly] and then improvised. A lot of the happenings are magical, and wonderfully Gilliam-esque and obscure. It's sort of the Faust story in modern terms. Doctor Parnassus, whom I play, is sort of a modern-day Faust, who sells his soul to the devil — or actually sells his daughter's life, which then must be rescued. It's full of visitations into another world, a rather Narnia-like world. Heath was playing a sort of young mountebank who comes upon the scene. It's rather difficult to describe the plot. It's a sort of wonderful yarn of fantasy, sometimes very funny. Heath [was playing] this young charlatan who's brilliant at fooling people.

And Heath's character would appear in various guises?
Heath was a harlequin in one scene, a tramp in another. His character steals a lot of the costumes that my character's troupe have managed to hang on to, though they're on their last legs. He's rather like a younger version of my character — a magician who takes family on tour and invites the public to go through a mirror into this other world, the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. How can I describe it? He's an interloper, who of course falls for the daughter. Or the daughter falls for him, I can't quite follow it.

Like Johnny Depp, Heath had a strong reaction early on to being packaged as a ''heartthrob'' and he fought very strongly against that. He didn't want to be pigeonholed and stereotyped and turned into a commodity.
That's quite right. He stuck up for what were the right parts, and that's very commendable. He didn't succumb to any of those cheap temptations, and throwing himself into a huge variety of roles.

Was his daughter or anyone else from his family able to be on the set at all, to come and see him?
No, no, no. Just his driver and his friend from Ireland who was helping him. The last day, the last night [Saturday, Jan. 19] we were all working, and then he flew to New York, as I did, the next day. We weren't on the same plane, but he flew early, and we were looking forward to continuing on.

And you were scheduled to regroup in Vancouver next week?
Yeah. I don't dare say what will happen until we've talked with Terry [Gilliam]. Probably nobody will know until the end of this week what's going to happen. I spoke to Terry yesterday. We're all in shock, but he particularly, of course.... It's just awful. Quite shocking, because it's so incredible. I just left a very laughing, happy fellow, practically a few minutes ago.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #791 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:36 AM »
     This is all still so very painful and we are all really having a rough time.

(edited by the moderating team)
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008, 06:33 PM by Tony »

roconner

« Reply #792 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Heath's life is a celebration of the finer qualities of the human spirit.

I am truly thankful for the time he shared with us!

Offline cremetorte

• always Junior...
  • Jack + Ennis
  • this Kurt fella... he loves you?
« Reply #793 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:38 AM »
i'm still so sad.
how can it have been him? nothing prepared us for this tragedy. it is still a shock to think about him being gone.
i just hope he didn't have to suffer and that he is at a wonderful place now where he can look at us and see how much we love him.
The trouble with life is there's no background music...

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #794 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:40 AM »

What a loss:

"Right — he was going to direct a movie about a chess prodigy, called The Queen's Gambit."

I think that's where most of his ambitions would have lain, for the future. That too is such a shame. He thoroughly embraced the profession, and loved it. He wasn't suffering for his art at all. He was enjoying it.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20173302,00.html?eref=ew

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Christie, we were probably trying to post the same article at the same time.  I modified this post to remove the explicit quote, only taking note of the tantalizing directorial project mentioned.

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #795 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:40 AM »

Know what I notice - after they fall laughing, the first thing he does when he gets up is to go help Ellen up. What a guy.   <^(

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #796 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:43 AM »

I can't Thank you enough Michelle and Ethan. I would be so honoured for you to include my message. That I, all the way over in England can be part of that tribute to Heath,  means so much to me. I Thank you for it, from the bottom of my heart.

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #797 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:47 AM »
This is from Theresa's blog that Christie posted the link to.

OMG.

That is beautiful.

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #798 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:55 AM »
Know what I notice - after they fall laughing, the first thing he does when he gets up is to go help Ellen up. What a guy.   <^(

I noticed that too, what a gentleman he was.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #799 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:01 AM »
I noticed that too, what a gentleman he was.

And I noticed that too! It was a very sweet thing. I loved seeing him have so much fun.  That made me smile.  Just wish there weren't tears that followed.   :\'( :\'(

Offline Raisa

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #800 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:17 AM »

Ethan and LuvJackNasty, thank you so much for doing this. It must be very heavy thing to do, going there, where it happened.  :ghug:  :ghug:
”It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”

Prince of Persia
---------------------
"Jack, I swear -"  he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

Offline Raisa

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #801 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:23 AM »
I still can't read those articles about Heath's death, not even those beautiful and respectfull tributes. My friend sends me short reports of the latest news.
”It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”

Prince of Persia
---------------------
"Jack, I swear -"  he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

Offline MississaugaRed

• Jack + Ennis
  • Gone too soon, but never forgotten.
« Reply #802 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:30 AM »

We are now even closer to Heath and forever grateful for what he has given us. :\'(  :ghug: :ghug: to everyone of you. My heart and thoughts are with you.

Oh, Ethan, thank you for leaving a piece of all of us there.  :ghug:

I saw a picture of this on the web, at one of the news sights I was visiting ... and I just KNEW this was your token from ennisjack.  It's beautiful and you're beautiful   :ghug:
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2008, 09:14 PM by ethan »
"Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein loma-làn easgannan".
My hovercraft is full of eels.

“I miss you,” Jack whispered. “I miss you.” He felt loved. He felt heard. Shades of Grey by MidwestGirl

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #803 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:34 AM »
Just wanted to say hi..
I still can't believe it, but it feels different than the other two days, but not a bit better. When I heard of it, I was in total shock, not able to react in any way but crying the whole time, saying, No, No! Yesterday it somewhere came to my mind that he's really gone, what totally blow me away, I really thoght I get a nervous breakdown; I just wanted to scream out loud. And waking up today, head and eyes in miserable condition, I just thought, Yes, it's real, it's really in my head now, which makes me feel totally empty and resigned.
I can't deal with it! I saw Heath nearly everyday here in the last two years of my life, searching for pics and news, talked about him with my best friend, who always sent me some pics of him, with my mum, when we visited Ney York (she said, it's no problem not to see him there this time, I could try next time again... That's also something so hard, there will be no next time!!) and also with my boyfriend everyday, he liked him and was excited about the new Batman just like me. We were sitting there when the trailer came out, grinning and saying.. Yeah, just wait for this summer.. He will be the biggest star on earth and he just deserves it.

I will miss him so much, and I hope to find a way for me to get along with his dead, I also hope that the stomachache will end and this emptiness be filled again. And I think of what he gave to me, especially with Brokeback, what that film did to me, and that he is one the reasons why I'm here with all you wonderful people.

Rest in peace, Heath  %)
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
  • just like this always...
« Reply #804 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:34 AM »
Dear Brokies,

This afternoon I had the privilege to go to the apartment and paid our tribute and respect to Mr. Heath Ledger. As soon as I got off the subway station a few blocks away, my heart was so aching and my tears could not stop. Every step was the hardest I had ever experienced in my life and my body was shaking. Until then when I laid the flowers, I was hit by the reality and realized what had happened.

Thank you for being with me and giving me the strength to do it on behalf of this most wonderful community. My eyes have been dried and then are wet again. I ask myself why we have to go through this? We mourn the death of Jack from the movie and now we mourn the death of Heath from the real life. For them, we are stronger and become better people in honoring Jack and Heath.

We are now even closer to Heath and forever grateful for what he has given us. :\'(  :ghug: :ghug: to everyone of you. My heart and thoughts are with you.

Oh Ethan, thank you so much :^^) It must have been so hard for you, but I truly appreciate you doing this on behalf of all of us, especially those of us who are so far away physically, but not in spirit. Thank you :ghug:
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
« Reply #805 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:57 AM »
This was posted on the blog that Theresa set up - it's so beautiful I just had to repost it here. I hope Theresa doesn't mind.

Miss Me, But Let Me Go

Author Unknown

When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little—but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that was once shared.
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take, and each must go alone.
It’s all a part of the master’s plan, a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart, go to the friends we know.
Bear your sorrow in good deeds. Miss me, but let me go.

Oh Lindsay, that's beautiful  :\'( Thank you ^f^
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #806 on: Jan 24, 2008, 12:11 PM »
Here in NYC, the Noon news is saying Heath's mom is arriving to bring his body home. 

I can't figure out why nearly half an hour goes by before they call 911.  I think he was already gone at that point, but why wouldn't you call them first instead of a girlfriend?  I guess you never know what to do when you panic sometimes.. :(

Offline ande_nem

• Lureen
  • I love my little nasty Jack
« Reply #807 on: Jan 24, 2008, 12:12 PM »
Just to say that I found this beautiful tribute to Heath on Facebook, had me in tears. Hope the link works:

http://hs.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1011189404309&oid=6730544948

I hope you know that, even if you don't never know the rest

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #808 on: Jan 24, 2008, 12:14 PM »
Here in NYC, the Noon news is saying Heath's mom is arriving to bring his body home. 

I can't figure out why nearly half an hour goes by before they call 911.  I think he was already gone at that point, but why wouldn't you call them first instead of a girlfriend?  I guess you never know what to do when you panic sometimes.. :(

yea, If that story is true I don't know what to think about it. I just hope he didn't feel any pain when be past away. :\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
« Reply #809 on: Jan 24, 2008, 12:15 PM »

Oh, thank you both so much :^^) It would mean the world to me to be a part of this and pay tribute to Heath in my own small way.Thank you ^f^