Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732787 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #870 on: Jan 24, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Yesterday I saved in my laptop all the brokies comments in this thread, I wanted real bad to forget that day, but I wanted to keep that huge treasure that brokies thoughts are. I wanted to keep all those beautiful, heartbreaking posts to remind me that true love exists and where it is. I cried so much reading all those demonstrations of understanding and friendship. I love all of them, pure poetry to calm the pain. But I remember clearly one especially painful post for me. Yesterady when I heard about Heath's dead, my first thought after the first 10 minutes of overwhelming shock, mouth open, staring the new banner, was Keren. I knew so well that she really loved Heath. Being a Jack/Jake girl, Andrew made love Ennis, but Keren, this sweetheart, made me love Heath. She made me adore his sweet amber eyes, she made me read everything about him, she made me laugh and sigh with her words of devotion, she show me the tender and beautiful heart of a fine man.
So my heart ached for her, and I still feel for her. I was beaten, confused and scared that at the beginning I didn’t find this thread; that only last two minutes but in that time I went to Baby pix thread looking for something to make my heart keep beating. And then I saw it…. Then it was when I started to cry and, swear to God, I cried rivers and still the floodgates are open. There was the most killer and sad post I’ve ever read. That was a lovely pic of Heath and simply only two words, but these little words meant the world to me, ‘cause I knew well what they were saying. They were talking about a deep love, about countless nights dreaming about a prince, about true joy lost in an instant, and finally about the most hard and horrible reality: Heath was dead and the world was a worse place to live.

I’ll never forget those two words.

Yeah, Keren, MY BABY….  :\'(  :\'(

Tammy...  :\'( :\'( :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #871 on: Jan 24, 2008, 05:47 PM »
I can see why you admire Daniel Day-Lewis, oh wow   :ghug: :\'(

Thanks Asali.  I marvel at what he says here:

"I didn't know him. I have a strong impression I would have liked him very much as a person if I had.
"I had already marvelled at some of his work. And looked forward to the work he would do in the future."

Sounds familiar?

Truly -- Oscar winner or not -- he speaks for all of us.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #872 on: Jan 24, 2008, 05:50 PM »

"I didn't know him. I have a strong impression I would have liked him very much as a person if I had.
"I had already marvelled at some of his work. And looked forward to the work he would do in the future."

Sounds familiar?

Really,Daniel is such a nice and kind fellow and a great person.  :)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline City Slickin' Cowboy

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
« Reply #873 on: Jan 24, 2008, 05:53 PM »

Sounds familiar?

What a really nice quote.  It sums up a lot of feelings regarding our anticipation of Heath's future projects.  So much to look forward to.
A reminder Brokies...there is no known cure for PBS.  It's merely managed.

Offline cowgirlKt!

• Alma
  • brokeback dreaming....
« Reply #874 on: Jan 24, 2008, 05:55 PM »
Dear Brokies,

This afternoon I had the privilege to go to the apartment and paid our tribute and respect to Mr. Heath Ledger. As soon as I got off the subway station a few blocks away, my heart was so aching and my tears could not stop. Every step was the hardest I had ever experienced in my life and my body was shaking. Until then when I laid the flowers, I was hit by the reality and realized what had happened.

Thank you for being with me and giving me the strength to do it on behalf of this most wonderful community. My eyes have been dried and then are wet again. I ask myself why we have to go through this? We mourn the death of Jack from the movie and now we mourn the death of Heath from the real life. For them, we are stronger and become better people in honoring Jack and Heath.

We are now even closer to Heath and forever grateful for what he has given us. :\'(  :ghug: :ghug: to everyone of you. My heart and thoughts are with you.

^f^Thankyou so much for laying the things,its so nice that it says the web address on one thing so it lets people know that theres a whole community out here thinking of him. I can imagine it mst have been so emotional to go and pay your respects. I wish i could go (imposs i live in england!) but knowing you have done that for us means SO MUCH #) thankyou so much  :^^)x x x x x x

Baby Tammy dont forget we are all feeling the same and i know how you feel,it feels like others dont understand/wont understand but all of us on here understands how youre feeling. Im so glad i know all you out there feel like me and im not alone. Love you all.  <^(

Heath...i miss you so much  :\'( x
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2008, 09:13 PM by ethan »

babytammy7

« Reply #875 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:01 PM »
I have said before that I greatly admire Daniel Day-Lewis.  I admire him even more after this.

http://www.pr-inside.com/tearful-day-lewis-pays-tribute-to-ledger-r404003.htm

--------------------------------------------------------

TEARFUL DAY-LEWIS PAYS TRIBUTE TO LEDGER

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2008-01-24 23:26:43 -

Oscar-winning actor DANIEL DAY-LEWIS broke down in tears as he paid tribute to HEATH LEDGER during an appearance on OPRAH WINFREY's talk show on Thursday (24Jan08).
Day-Lewis broke off a chat to promote his new movie There Will Be Blood to express his sorrow at the Australian star's death from a suspected drug overdose at his New York apartment on Tuesday (22Jan08).
The 50-year-old's eyes filled with tears as he struggled to speak of Ledger's career and premature death.
He said, "I hope you don't mind if I speak about this Oprah... I feel very unsettled at the moment. I only just heard the news about Heath Ledger.
"It seems strange to be talking about anything else. There isn't anything to say other than to express one's regret to his family and his friends.

Thomas that's really beautiful. Some sweet words to cure my heart after several cruel declarations. Now reading this I know that tonight maybe I could sleep.

Offline guyinjax

• musician
  • Lureen
  • Ennis Del Mar is my hero
« Reply #876 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:08 PM »
A couple of days have passed, and it's still true. :\'(
Ennis Del Mar is my hero!

JackluvsEnnis

« Reply #877 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:11 PM »
*wails* Oh Heath baby...what happened? Tell me what happened... :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
« Reply #878 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:14 PM »
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=22&ContentID=55843

--------------------------------------------------

“I last spoke to him the night before he died. He said he could not see me that night but really wanted to meet me the next day. He made me promise that I would call him in the morning and wake him up. I tried. Little did I know that his soul had already left his body,” he told the Daily Mail.

This part still really makes me wonder...

'course, I'm still in the wanting it all just to be a nightmare phase. :\'(
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline City Slickin' Cowboy

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
« Reply #879 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:21 PM »
A couple of days have passed, and it's still true. :\'(

I know what you mean.  I'm still waiting to wake up and find this all a bad dream.
A reminder Brokies...there is no known cure for PBS.  It's merely managed.

Offline guyinjax

• musician
  • Lureen
« Reply #880 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:22 PM »
Hi fellow sad Brokies ...

Last February I was actually in Wyoming.  I took a photograph while driving north on Highway 287 from Denver to Laramie.  I'd really like to post it somewhere to share with all of you.  It's a large, wide-open vista, with a beautiful blue sky.  Just looking at it makes me feel lost.  But it is, afterall, Wyoming.

Interesting, isn't it?  Heath Ledger, an actor, has now gone to stand beside a fictional character he helped to create in our collective memory - I think a fellow Brokie said it in one of the gazillion beautiful posts here (keep posting, everybody, we ALL need it!) ... they (Ledger and del Mar) are now forever linked.

And aren't we lucky we got to know both.

Offline guyinjax

• musician
  • Lureen
« Reply #881 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:28 PM »
I'm writing this particular post in a fit of anger and rage ... so excuse my excessive emotional outburst ...

... ok ... here goes ...

... um, the folks from that kookie Kansas Church are threatening to protest an actor's funeral because he portrayed a gay person in a film ...

I guest the questions are obvious, huh? (I love ... loved ... the way Ennis would always punctuate his statements and questions with huh?) ...
1)  So are Tom Hanks and Antonio Banderas next?
2)  Nothing better to do?
3)  If you (freaks from the kookie church) are so tight with God, um, we've all got some questions...

I am focused on Mr. Ledger, his friends and family.  But this was on my heart and I wanted to let it go.

Feel free to delete if it's offensive ... thanks for reading and letting me vent.

Offline gambrinus

• Alma Jr.
  • Gone, but never forgotten
« Reply #882 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:30 PM »
I have said before that I greatly admire Daniel Day-Lewis.  I admire him even more after this.

http://www.pr-inside.com/tearful-day-lewis-pays-tribute-to-ledger-r404003.htm

--------------------------------------------------------

TEARFUL DAY-LEWIS PAYS TRIBUTE TO LEDGER
Here's a link to that video clip:

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1389981778
Large was his bounty, and his soul sincere,
Heaven did a recompense as largely send:
He gave to Misery (all he had) a tear,
He gained from Heaven ('twas all he wished) a friend.

babytammy7

« Reply #883 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:35 PM »

Oh my, that's really beautiful and touching. I'm so moved now.... :\'(  :\'(  :\'( What a fine man Daniel Day Lewis is. Love him.

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #884 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Heath's life is a celebration of the finer qualities of the human spirit.

I am truly thankful for the time he shared with us!

Ah, roco what a lovely picture!  Right now, I am numb...my mind still refuses to believe that Heath is gone from us.
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #885 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:42 PM »
I also wanted to say, especially to Baby Tammy:  Hang in there, dear.  How I wish I could wrap you up in a big hug and maybe ease the pain a little.  I keep trying to remember all the good things Heath left us with, not the least of which is his incredible performance as Ennis del Mar.  That part of him will live on forever.

I'm still struggling with the reality of all this.  But I am thankful beyond words for this place.  God bless everyone at ennisjack!   :ghug:  :^^)
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline Sammeh

• Cassie
  • Brokeback got us good, don't it?
« Reply #886 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:14 PM »
You guys.
I found out via myspace from a friend that he had overdosed and i didn't think anything of it.
I really just thought he over did it and was in the hospital.
Then my phones going crazy and my mom is running in my room and both my Mom and Dad are yelling at me in the same moment that Heath was....dead.
I totally lost it.
I went out the nezt day and bought BBM because i left my original copy with my Dad.
I was in tears buying it.
I misss my Heath
Ennis: If you can't fix it, Jack, you gotta stand it.
Jack: For how long?
Ennis: For as long as we can ride it. There ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #887 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:49 PM »
     It's been more and more painful to watch those Entertainment News Shows, but there was some wonderful reassurance about our beloved
Heath----over 20,000 people have logged on to Facebook to register their grief, and the internet, outside of the search engine's recorded
tidal waves, also had massive interplay between people on sites such as MySpace, so that they were saying this was the biggest surge of
communication since technology wired people so much closer.  And it was mostly young people, which means Heath was their man.  It also
means only a fraction of the grief and shock was permanently recorded on web sites.  We should feel better knowing that there was a massive
response, far past what we saw, and that our love was shared, literally, by millions.
   But as to the shifting of these threads, am uneasy, and wondering what the administrators have in mind.  One moderator said we are in this
for the long run, and I can only hope that is the intent.  We will see the forum go back to steadier times, but grieving is a long, long process,
and am hoping that this site, this one forum, will always have some place we can go, to remember and console each other.  It's the third day,
and everyone is so very tired and hurting, it must be even harder on those that run this forum.  Again, I hope there will be a place here,
somewhere, permanently, for remembering Heath.  Am just.....hoping that will be so.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #888 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:11 PM »
 :ghug: :ghug: To all of my fellow brokies.

Tammy, sweetie, I wish I could give you a great big hug in person.  :ghug:
MPJ- you are allowed to take a few hours from your grief. I have moments where I think I am fine and actually hold a normal conversation with someone and then the next thing I know the tears are flowing hard. Most especially at night.  :ghug:

Tony, We will always honor Heath's memory here. There will be a place for him. He may be gone but he is most certainly not, nor will ever be, forgotten. We made a special board for the memory threads is all.

I took my daughter to her therapist (who is also somewhat of a brokie) she cut my daughters session short to spend some time with me. As soon as we were alone she gave me a huge hug and let me cry and talk. She knew I needed it and then she gave me another much needed hug before we were leaving and told me her phone line was always open if I needed to talk to her. Such a sweet woman.
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2008, 09:18 PM by LuvJackNasty »
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #889 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:28 PM »
I went from posting everything I could put me hands on about Heath and his future film Imaginarium, when I was doing another search online for photos of the film sets,
 I was so enthralled and flabbergast to what was in reserve for us in 2009,
 ecstatic  and so so happy,
 I even had made a point of trying my darn best to reach my thousand post for Saint Valentine, and then my Friend for Perth, Australia, showed and told me the news.
at first I though this is a joke, however not.
the sad part now is I have read so much vilified  statements about his death,
its becoming overwhelming  that the media would go on speculating on improbabilities  instead of well informed facts,
that the PRESCRIBED  medications for sleeping pills where issued in London, the pills were in the bottles not spread on the floor and he was not naked on the floor, it looked like the paparazzi was making it a Marilyn Monroe  moment.
at 1pm he was still breathing, at 3,33pm he was dead.
I wish the lies would stop,
 like that B***ch who claims that he did cocaine in 2004,
she 's looking for fame on the back of a dead person same applies to the stupid church who wish to boycott his funeral.
its now been two days and I still have moments of outburst of sadness,
and the fact that Johnny Depp has stepped in to fill Heath's role in imaginarium, it doesn't lessen the pain and grief.
I have never heard of Heath Ledger..
before the Vancouver Film festival previewing Brokeback Mountain
as one of the most influential  movie about love in its purity
that would out stand the passing of time back in 2005,
now this too has become a tragedy of immeasurable  proportion 
for showing the world the dominance of hatred and its ugly face,
and for that it allowed the like of ENNIS and JACK to take on a life of their own
to show to all the moguls  of hatred
that it may lure many to the side of ignorance
and yet The firm devotion of human kindness resurfaces all heartily
to gives us the key to the most and strongest of rules
against theses fear mongers,  that LOVE is SUPREME.
this is still very hard to accept,
in time I can console myself that he has graciously  given us some of the most memorable moments on my life, what a gift that was and will always be.
Love conquers all
peace out

« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2008, 09:36 PM by chameau »
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #890 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:31 PM »
These are pictures of the tribute Ethan left from all us.  They were taken by press photographers and were posted all around the planet in newspapers, magazines & the web.

I already posted this one from Reuters when I found it last night

And there is this one published by Newsweek

La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #891 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:31 PM »
LJN, that's so nice.  ^f^

I have to admit the one thing I haven't had is a real hug from someone in person. A few people called and that was nice, but a warm hugs right now must be very nice. I'm glad for all of you who have that, and in the meantime, I draw comfort from the ones I've been getting here. :ghug:

For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #892 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:34 PM »
I wish I could give you a real hug too FC.  :ghug: Hell I wish we could all be together right now.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #893 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:38 PM »

I have to admit the one thing I haven't had is a real hug from someone in person. A few people called and that was nice, but a warm hugs right now must be very nice. I'm glad for all of you who have that, and in the meantime, I draw comfort from the ones I've been getting here. :ghug:

Yeah a personal hug would go down well. I have a friend in Sydney who is feeling the same but our arms won't stretch that far and our schedules are conflicting but next week it will happen. 
I am getting enough love here for now.:ghug:
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #894 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:36 PM »

You've just made me even sadder, as I have not had a physical hug, either.  Well, sometimes I hug myself.  I do.  You might try it.  It's best when you hold a pillow or something.  The thing being, press something close to your heart...  Feels so good, when you don't get a hug from someone else.  But then, you have your beautiful little boy -- go give him a big hug.  At least that...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline CoraJack

• Lureen
« Reply #895 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:57 PM »
While I think it's a good idea not to speculate on Heath's death or talk about negative subjects this is also a place to maybe find some answers since many of us are constantly searching the Web for articles, etc.

Someone brought it up earlier that the housekeeper and massuse waited almost a full half an hour to call 911. Does this sound familiar? They did the same thing to Anna Nicole. It's almost like everyone is so afraid of the press that they don't want to call 911 and create a media frenzy in case it isn't "serious". This is a terrible shame. There is also some similarities with Princess Di....I know in France they have different ER procedures than we do in the US (in the US it's scoop and run, while in France they try to stabilize them at the scene) but many people said had they taken Di to the hospital sooner and she had an operation to repair her heart (how ironic that she had a broken heart) that she may have lived since the constant CPR made her condition worse. If it were not Diana would they have taken her sooner? I don't know.

I have been friends with a few celebrities, one that has also passed. All I know is that press or no press if I found my friend lying lifeless on the floor or bed 911 would be my first call--not some girl to find out "what to do".

If I have to apologize then I will, but I think I've moved into the "anger" phase of my grieving now. The actions of these two women waiting so long and asking some young girl what to do just has me very ticked off.

Christina

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #896 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:57 PM »
Thanks for posting this, It's nice to know that Heath was so well liked in Hollywood.   :c)

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #897 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:03 AM »
Christina

I thought the same thing.  I can't believe they called Mary Kate Olsen twice before they called 911.  This could haved been a move that cost Heath his life.    :\'(

All I know is that press or no press if I found my friend lying lifeless on the floor or bed 911 would be my first call--not some girl to find out "what to do".

Christina

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline CoraJack

• Lureen
« Reply #898 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:07 AM »
Christina

I thought the same thing.  I can't believe they called Mary Kate Olsen twice before they called 911.  This could haved been a move that cost Heath his life.    :\'(

I agree, I KNOW we are not supposed to speculate...but a lot can happen in 30 minutes, especially if he indeed did accidentally take too many pills or had a drug interaction. Maybe we will never know?

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #899 on: Jan 25, 2008, 01:19 AM »
Christina

we will never, but what I find hard to digest is why on earth would someone call her, instead of 911, I know here in my Country or IMO I would call 911 first and foremost, before asking advise, sorry I am a bit pissed that this person is she such a dingbat for not having the basic knowledge of what one ought to do when needed to save a life, for the love of God, are all these people surrounding actors and actress  all that dumb.
truly this is not the first time this has happened, anyway I ain't going to go on, I finished my grieving now I am angry also
1.00PM snores, 2.45 no answer, 3.00PM she sets up the table and then check and see he's cold, the thought following is mindbogglingly  irrational from my side, shouldn't she had first tried to make sure he was awake before setting her table, then she called the Olson twin not once but twice, before calling 911, the private security and ambulance  get there 3.33.PM makes me think twice!

BTW:  in the local film industry there is talk that the Imaginarium film with Heath ledger was almost to completion, they were coming to Vancouver to do some CGI scenes, maybe I repeat maybe we might get fortunate enough that most of the film could be salvageable , I would be very please to remember is last film as the character that fools you into is magic world trough his mirrors and hand trick and subtle nuances of mischiefs , than of the grotesque demon of the dark Night, but that is not for me to judge, we shall see!
cheer
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com