Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1733003 times)

Offline gambrinus

• Alma Jr.
  • Gone, but never forgotten
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #930 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:01 AM »
Large was his bounty, and his soul sincere,
Heaven did a recompense as largely send:
He gave to Misery (all he had) a tear,
He gained from Heaven ('twas all he wished) a friend.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #931 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:01 AM »
Who is Mary Cate Olsen ?  (Sorry to appear stupid).
Oh..my dear tita you made me smile for the first time in 4 days.. :^^)
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #932 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:07 AM »
To everyone here a big ..........

I think that  it started to sink in,and I miss him so much  ....
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #933 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:09 AM »
Oh..my dear tita you made me smile for the first time in 4 days.. :^^)

Happy to read that dear Hpv  :ghug: ^f^... You make me smile also with that comment  ^f^
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline CoraJack

• Lureen
« Reply #934 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:12 AM »
With all due respect to one of the moderators, I think a part of death is *always* to speculate on the "ifs and whys"....sorry to offend anyone. Time for me to take my leave. Trying to find reason for some things in death is a part of the healing process and if that's not allowed here then I don't see the point. (Time to review the stages of grieving). People can only go on for so long crying and being sad, then we must move on to question, be angry, and finally accept.

Anyway, thank you Ethan for being the only person in my life to ever send me a "You bet." postcard several years ago! I know that I will never, ever get one from anyone else and I STILL smile when I see it framed on my desk (I have it in a two sided frame so I can also see the "You bet.")

Best of luck to all in getting through the grieving process. Goodbye to my dear, sweet Heath in this world, but never goodbye to him in my heart.

Christina/Cora

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #935 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:14 AM »
Carefree Wind - your signature is truly touching. It's from the poem "To an athlete dying young" by A.E.Houseman, isn't it? One of my favourite singer/songwriters - Eric Bogle - put the poem to music on his last CD. I hadn't thought of it before, but it's really fitting here....

Yes NoReins, that is right :) I found the words in my signature, in an article related to Heath today, and wanted to use it in my sig here, as I think it befits the man we know as Heath, all so very well.

I ought to search for the poem in its entirety.
"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #936 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:14 AM »
This is the latest post on this most wonderful and incredibly poignant memorial blog for Heath.  I cried when I saw the picture that accompanied it.  I still am.   :\'( :\'( :\'(

http://heathledgermemorialblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/newsweek-obituary-for-heath-ledger.html
That's so moving thanx..   :\'(

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #937 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:19 AM »

LETTER TO HEATH

My Heath sweet eyes:
Do you know?I had hardly posted any pictures of you in the thread;my preferences went to Jake-and Jack-.But this doesn't mean that I didn't like you,that I didn't love you.All the contrary.Yeah,in the beginning people noticed how expressive Jake's eyes were;a coworker of mine,( this one who cried with me when I told him the news and who has toasted for you're now in a better place where you're able to find peace while he was seeing BBM) said that He´s got "eyes like a headlight and he tells everything with his look..."But it's not completely true; I've always realised the sweetness of your eyes...
These days I think I've gone over your role in BBM almost scene by scene.And I remember the glance you take to Jack/Jake immediately before he say "Sometimes I miss you so much I can't hardly stand it"; all the love and tenderness in the world is reflected in this glance¡ Or when both of you descend from the mountain at the end of the summer and you are making jokes with his harmonica's sound; being as Ennis was a man of few words and no "I love yous" ,one more time your glance speaks volumes about your feelings...Or when you looked at Jack from the river,hardly a little spot on the mountain's high...You reflected yourself by your glance,in the end always sweet although sometimes wear in a "rough man" disguise.
As regards to your life off-screen,when Jake was given BAFTA award for his role in BBM,after his speech I saw how you clapped him fervently;your eyes seemed wet with emotion and looked at him with tenderness;how proud you seemed of your friend and of the effort both of you had done mentally and psychically.The same kind of look when you looked at Michelle,that reflected how in love you were with her,in the happy times when she loved you and you knew she was yours...The same look you had,much more still,when you looked at Matilda,your baby,who sooner or later will ask for her daddy and nobody will be already able to answer to her that He's working in a new movie...Yes,you had very sweet eyes,and maybe nobody has noticed how much love you had to give and how these eyes reflected this...
My grandmother said that when a beloved person is gone,she or he keeps on looking after us in another space;for this,I'm sure you'll keep on looking after your baby and Michelle,and looking at Jake with proud,and,maybe-only maybe-looking at all of us,who now are feeling a little helpless without your glance...It's difficult for me to write this,not only because I'm crying again;but also because it's not in my own language.But I do believe you'll understand it because it's written...no,not written...IT´S FELT WITH LOVE LANGUAGE.And this needs neither translation nor good grammar...
You bet,Heath,sweet eyes angel;I will always love you.I SWEAR.

:ghug:    ALICIA      :^^)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #938 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:21 AM »
To everyone here a big ..........

I think that  it started to sink in,and I miss him so much  ....

The same for you,dear hpv;it´s good we´re able to make us smile each other in such a sad days...  :^^)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #939 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:22 AM »
With all due respect to one of the moderators, I think a part of death is *always* to speculate on the "ifs and whys"....sorry to offend anyone. Time for me to take my leave. Trying to find reason for some things in death is a part of the healing process and if that's not allowed here then I don't see the point. (Time to review the stages of grieving). People can only go on for so long crying and being sad, then we must move on to question, be angry, and finally accept.

Anyway, thank you Ethan for being the only person in my life to ever send me a "You bet." postcard several years ago! I know that I will never, ever get one from anyone else and I STILL smile when I see it framed on my desk (I have it in a two sided frame so I can also see the "You bet.")

Best of luck to all in getting through the grieving process. Goodbye to my dear, sweet Heath in this world, but never goodbye to him in my heart.

Christina/Cora
Dear Christina, there is no way anyone here is censoring posts, and I hope the moderators will agree with me,only if they are really offensive, so there is no need for you to feel so, you can posts away here all you feelings,and express your grieve and anger..BTW, anyone is entitle to their opinion!

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #940 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:23 AM »
I've been watching all Heath's interviews since yesterday and this one really put a smile on my face.. he's laughing and playing just like a little child.. thought I'd share it with u guys!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fkOpJsdjrEU

I'm gonna miss that smile :\'(

that was so good to see again.  Thanks for posting.  ^f^
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #941 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:26 AM »
Thank you MPJ, and as some mentioned before,no need to feel guilty if you took some time off!
We love just as much 

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #942 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:28 AM »
Yes NoReins, that is right :) I found the words in my signature, in an article related to Heath today, and wanted to use it in my sig here, as I think it befits the man we know as Heath, all so very well.

I ought to search for the poem in its entirety.

Here are the words - for you, and anyone else who might see them as fitting

TO AN ATHLETE DYING YOUNG

A E Houseman

The time you won your town the race
We chaired you through the market-place;
Man and boy stood cheering by,
And home we brought you shoulder-high.

To-day, the road all runners come,
Shoulder-high we bring you home,
And set you at your threshold down,
Townsman of a stiller town.

Smart lad, to slip betimes away
From fields were glory does not stay
And early though the laurel grows
It withers quicker than the rose.

Eyes the shady night has shut
Cannot see the record cut,
And silence sounds no worse than cheers
After earth has stopped the ears:

Now you will not swell the rout
Of lads that wore their honours out,
Runners whom renown outran
And the name died before the man.

So set, before its echoes fade,
The fleet foot on the sill of shade,
And hold to the low lintel up
The still-defended challenge-cup.

And round that early-laurelled head
Will flock to gaze the strengthless dead,
And find unwithered on its curls
The garland briefer than a girl's

He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline CoraJack

• Lureen
« Reply #943 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:29 AM »
There are so many reasons as to why people react the way they do when they face a crisis. Some people become stone cold and do all the right things and completly break down later, some can't do anything, and some do silly and stupid things. It is human nature to react differently and I don't think it is our place to judge someone we do not know.

Please let us not start with the what ifs and whys.

Thank you for your support, but it was already said not to start with the "ifs and whys".

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #944 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:34 AM »

LETTER TO HEATH

My Heath sweet eyes:.

My grandmother said that when a beloved person is gone,she or he keeps on looking after us in another space;for this,I'm sure you'll keep on looking after your baby and Michelle,and looking at Jake with proud,and,maybe-only maybe-looking at all of us,who now are feeling a little helpless without your glance...It's difficult for me to write this,not only because I'm crying again;but also because it's not in my own language.But I do believe you'll understand it because it's written...no,not written...IT´S FELT WITH LOVE LANGUAGE.And this needs neither translation nor good grammar...
You bet,Heath,sweet eyes angel;I will always love you.I SWEAR.

:ghug:    ALICIA      :^^)
ALICIA, wow..your letter is too amazing for words!!!True and so full of love  :^^)
Smart words from your grandma.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #945 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:39 AM »
    CoraJack--please don't go.  We are, all of us, emotionally exhausted and physically tired.  People will disagree more, when tired, but am sure
no one wishes to give hurt feelings.
   It will be especially difficult today, if the funeral services are scheduled this day.  Then the return to Perth. There's a finality there that
takes away all hope, all that irrational hope, that somehow this all never really happened, and was only a bad dream.  There's something cruel
about funerals.  When they are over, life is supposed to go on.  And, of course it has to, but the heart says--no.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #946 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:49 AM »
I consider all these post to be hugs, FlwrChild.  I can't even mention Heath to anyone else because I start crying.  Here, I can read all the beautiful posts and cry to my heart's content.  Shared tears are hugs, I think.  It is good that we have this place so we know how much other people are hurting, too, and missing our man.
Very well said!!!  It's very comforting to know that I can always come here and be surrounded
 by my loving brokies that I know ,feel exactly how I do ,that was my first thought when I heard about this tragedy..

BTW...Welcome and thanks to all the new members that found EnnisJack, and felt that they have to express themselves here

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #947 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:11 AM »
     Carefree Wind, this is a lot to ask, I know, but in time, when you can, could you send photos here of wherever Heath is laid to rest?
Or Asali?  It would mean so much to so many of us.
    Also, could the moderators or anyone else, keep track, and post when the memorial service is held in New York, so that we could add
our thoughts and prayers at that time?
    I guess we can get by without these, if need be.  But am saying it again, the finality is supposed to help the healing process, but sometimes,
it does the opposite.  Also, I hope we could begin to think of some way to honor Heath's memory when his birthday comes up, in April.
Something.  Anything.
   Finally, let's all remember, we are different people, with different sensitivities, and it is not unusual to take things the wrong way, especially,
when tired.  We are all under the same tent, and yet so very diverse.  We do have in common this shared love for that gentle, kind soul.
Let's be good to one another in patience, love, and understanding.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #948 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:16 AM »
With all due respect to one of the moderators, I think a part of death is *always* to speculate on the "ifs and whys"....sorry to offend anyone.

You have not, since I am the why and if mod in question. But this forum has a policy that says we do not gossip. And until anything is said publicly, speculations and it's like is falling under that rule.

I as well as many of you would like to know what happened. But we have no right, he was a public figure yes, but he was immensly private. So many of the articles and links to interviews have showed just that. Our no gossip rule have come from wanting to respect the actors private lives. NOt a desire to sensor anyone, and least not now in our grief.

Feel free to speculate all of you, but as FlwrChild have posted earlier, please keep it to private conversations.

And I hope you are not leaving the forum now. :ghug:
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

manhattangirl

« Reply #949 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:16 AM »
For me, Heath was an someone who broke the rules, and went beyond himself.  This kind of heart, this kind of guts is rare, and will always be remembered.  I never thought at my age I would be in awe of any one, and especially someone so young.   I was of Heath.   My hero is John Lennon, I  have a picture of him in cube at work.   I still have his albums.  I never thought I'd feel that way about anyone, but I do now, and now there's two pictures in my cube.  

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #950 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:22 AM »

I'm not sure if the above image has been posted previously or not.

That is beautiful. Thank you.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #951 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:47 AM »
LJN, that's so nice.  ^f^

I have to admit the one thing I haven't had is a real hug from someone in person. A few people called and that was nice, but a warm hugs right now must be very nice. I'm glad for all of you who have that, and in the meantime, I draw comfort from the ones I've been getting here. :ghug:

I understand.  I've gotten a hug from my husband, but he doesn't understand how bad it is.  I wish we could all meet and hug one another.   :ghug:
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #952 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:48 AM »
I understand.  I've gotten a hug from my husband, but he doesn't understand how bad it is.  I wish we could all meet and hug one another.   :ghug:

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #953 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:54 AM »

Me too. In the meantime, I'm glad we can do that here. :ghug:
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #954 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:50 AM »
No "real" hugs here either.   :(   BUT i can feel all the group hugs from you all.    :t)

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #955 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:54 AM »
I've been watching all Heath's interviews since yesterday and this one really put a smile on my face.. he's laughing and playing just like a little child.. thought I'd share it with u guys!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fkOpJsdjrEU

I'm gonna miss that smile :\'(

Oh, I watched this one a few times in the last couple of days... Heath is so adorable there it makes me smile and laugh, but then when it's over it's even more hard to believe that this lively, charming guy is no longer here. :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #956 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:57 AM »
Brokies, I will be the lucky one to get a real hug from LuvJackNasty in a few hours.

We have collected your thoughts and will be bringing them with us to the place and light candles. We need you and you know you will all be with us.

Hugs to each one of you.  :ghug:

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #957 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Brokies, I will be the lucky one to get a real hug from LuvJackNasty in a few hours.

We have collected your thoughts and will be bringing them with us to the place and light candles. We need you and you know you will all be with us.

Hugs to each one of you.  :ghug:

Thanks a lot dear Ethan, I would like to be with you and to light a candle for Heath  :ghug: ^f^
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
  • just like this always...
« Reply #958 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:08 AM »
I just realised that all those who were at the EGT in London have the same little white cowboy hat and badge that Ethan left at Heath's apartment :-\\ I think it's a comfort, though - just one more thing that ties us all together with the man whose awesome performance led us here.

I have all my mementos from that day in a box in my wardrobe, I got them out last night after I saw the pix of the hat and badge, and I felt like Ennis with the shirts in his closet :\'( I still have such good memories of that day, none of which would have been possible without Heath. We owe him so much and I know I will never be able to repay that debt to him. I just hope that he knew how much he did for us all, and how grateful we are to him.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #959 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:09 AM »
OH Ethan and LJN, Thank you so much. It is a wonderful thing you are doing for us who cannot be there. We are there with you in spirit completely.  :ghug:
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2008, 11:21 AM by Rosie »
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes