Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1733095 times)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1470 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:02 PM »
Hey guys,

This is the first day I have felt positive at all since this happened.  But now I am ready to
take what Heath has given me and go out into the world with it. I want to be a better person and a more
courageous artist.  He has given so much and I want to spin that into something positive.  I feel it now.

:ghug: I'm glad you're feeling better. And I think it's a wonderful tribute to Heath to try to do something positive.  :^^)
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Ain't no reins on this one"
« Reply #1471 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Ethan, that vid you made, omg, so so beautiful. Thank you for makin it. I'm in tears. :\'( :\'(
The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
« Reply #1472 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:29 PM »
The forum video tribute is a beautifully crafted gift---gratitude, grace, humility, tenderness and even joy. Heath would be proud. Thanks Ethan.
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1473 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:29 PM »
My heart aches and my tears could not stop. It hurt so much to make the video but it was more bearable when all our hearts are together.

Heath Ledger and you all have inspired me. I took the liberty to quote many of you and I hope you don't mind. Thank you.  :ghug:

Forum video tribute - 10 minutes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7UpwlBGFK10

Ethan, thank you so much for this. I don't know how you managed to put that all together- I almost had to turn it off.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #1474 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:39 PM »
I just watched the tribute video. Thank you Ethan, thank you so much. I can't say anything more.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1475 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:57 PM »
Ravenus made this....tribute to Heath.
tissues will be needed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ts2a26g5XkI

Remember - Josh Groban

That was beautiful.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( I think I've had enough for tonight.

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #1476 on: Jan 28, 2008, 11:05 PM »

Ditto that LJN. Thanks for letting me be here tonight with you all.  %)
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #1477 on: Jan 28, 2008, 11:22 PM »

Thank you very much Ravenus for the tribute for our dearest Heath Ledger.

Heath Ledger is " The Actor for all Seasons"
Heath Ledger has so much love in his heart. full of compassion.
Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline Dal

• Cassie
« Reply #1478 on: Jan 28, 2008, 11:56 PM »
Just saw you guys' you-tube tribute.  Wow.  It's beautiful, couldn't be better.  Thanks, guys.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1479 on: Jan 29, 2008, 12:03 AM »
Just saw you guys' you-tube tribute.  Wow.  It's beautiful, couldn't be better.  Thanks, guys.

Thanks to Ethan  :ghug:  <^(
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Del_Marvelous

• Alma Jr.
  • It's because of you, Jack, that I'm like this!
« Reply #1480 on: Jan 29, 2008, 12:21 AM »
Ethan, what a beautiful, wonderful video tribute. Thank you so much.

Del_Marvelous
"When love comes so strong there is no right or wrong. Your love is your life."

From West Side Story

Offline freetraveller

• Alma
« Reply #1481 on: Jan 29, 2008, 12:31 AM »
Thank you so much, Ethan.
A very moving, heartfelt tribute. You really spoke for all of us
 :-*

Offline Raisa

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1482 on: Jan 29, 2008, 12:54 AM »

Oh Ethan......I'm speechless.....it's so painful beautiful.......thank you!  :ghug:
”It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”

Prince of Persia
---------------------
"Jack, I swear -"  he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1483 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:16 AM »
Great video!!.. I'm a mess now  :\'(

Orangetruck...you've opened up the floodgates again, my tears.  But I also would not have missed the dance, pain or no.  This is an incredible video -- a perfect song both for Ennis and Jack, and for us and Heath.  And you made it beautifully.  Thank you.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1484 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:30 AM »
Well, it finally happened. I am past the first two stages of grief, and arrived at anger.

I am angry at the Guy Finley's of the world who are malicious and hateful.

I am angry at the John Gibson's of the world who are inconsiderate, ill-mannered, and ignorant.

I am angry at the hateful self-righteous people of the world who believe their beliefs are more important that the dignity and compassion of other people.

What is the nature of evil?

If the root of wisdom is, as Heath Andrew Ledger said,  to know and love one other human being, then the opposite of that, the root of evil, must be the lack of knowledge and the lack of love for any other human being.

In other words, the nature of evil is the self-centered, selfish, self-righteous, self-important, self-absorbed culture that has taken root in so many places, from Hollywood to so called religions.

What possesses Guy Finlay to be so vindictive and hateful? He must think his own life and happiness are more important than Heath's, to cause the man we love so much pain.

What possesses John Gibson to say such vile things on public air waves? He must believe his own ratings, his own right to free speech is more important than the pain and unimaginable grief that his lies would cause others.

What possesses these self-righteous idiots to think they can gather around ANYONE's funeral and inflict such horror at the survivors of heroes and greatness? They must believe their own vision of the world to be superior to anyone else's.

The root of all evil is the lack of knowledge and love for others. These people do things, say things, indeed, live all their lives with only one goal in mind, how to satisfy their own ego.

My grief is still immense, the pain will probably never go away, but now at least, I can feel something other than sadness, other than loss. I can feel angry, like Ennis at the two jerks at the Fourth of July.

One compensation out of all this mess, is to see the magnitude of love and gratitude for a gift so magnificent, a life so brilliant. If love can triumph over evil, then surely, this love from Heath, for his work, for life, will triumph over all.

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline roryennis

• Cassie
« Reply #1485 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:34 AM »
Ethan,
That was just beautiful! Cry my eyes out.
Can this be downloaded onto an Ipod? I want to show this beautiful tribute to my co-workers.
Ennis: Whut?
Jack:  Friend, that's the most you've spoke in the past two weeks.
Ennis: Hell, that's the most I spoke in a year!

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #1486 on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:46 AM »
ethan, that was wonderful, thank you so much for it.  ^f^
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1487 on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:58 AM »
Ethan,
That was just beautiful! Cry my eyes out.
Can this be downloaded onto an Ipod? I want to show this beautiful tribute to my co-workers.

What a lovely thought! roryennis! I would love to have it on mine forever! Hint hint fearless leader. :) But, no pressure.  ::) Just a whole lot of  <^(
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline janicka

• Cassie
« Reply #1488 on: Jan 29, 2008, 05:24 AM »
Ravenus made this....tribute to Heath.
tissues will be needed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ts2a26g5XkI

Remember - Josh Groban

Ravenus, thank you very much for all the videos you have ever done as tributes to BBM.
It is a real pleasure to watch them. I always need some tissues to get through, they are very heartbreaking and speak always directly to my heart. Thank you.

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1489 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:24 AM »
Today I took myself off to the city with a friend, try to distance myself from the media, forum etc, it didn't work because you walk past newsagents with Heaths face beaming out from the magazines and posters, walk into bookstores, video and music stores and they have all Heaths videos etc on huge displays.

I have not made a tribute video, mainly because I don't have time but will give a couple of links.
The last happy/loving video I made, hope this helps you all.  :ghug:
Fortune and Love

The most difficult one I have made, emotionally draining - I Cry

This was and is also very emotional - I think this expresses how we are all feeling right now.
A Song For You
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Anne is unique, Anne is Magnifique
« Reply #1490 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:44 AM »

My candle for Heat  :\'( :ghug:
...Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #1491 on: Jan 29, 2008, 08:03 AM »
I was out earlier this evening, and upon coming home, a DJ on the radio station I was listening to, said a few words about Heath, and his passing on. That he was a brilliant actor, but also, a humanitarian. He was a member of "Sea Shepherd Conservation Society", who work towards trying to protect all sealife, especially the whales which are currently being slaughtered by the Japanese for so called, "Scientific Research". http://www.seashepherd.org/.

After this, a song was dedicated to Heath..which is this one :)

True Blue by John Williamson

Hey True Blue, don't say you've gone
Say you've knocked off for a smoko
And you'll be back later on
Hey True Blue, Hey True Blue
Give it to me straight, face to face
Are you really disappearing
Just another dying race
Hey True Blue
True Blue, is it me and you
Is it Mum and Dad, is it a cockatoo
Is it standin' by your mate when he's in a fight
Or just Vegemite
True Blue, I'm asking you
Hey True Blue, can you bear the load
Will you tie it up with wire
Just to keep the show on the road
Hey True Blue
Hey True Blue, now be Fair Dinkum
Is your heart still there
If they sell us out like sponge cake
Do you really care
Hey True Blue

Is it standin' by your mate when she's in a fight
Or just Vegemite
True Blue, I'm a-asking you...
Is it standin' by your mate when he's in a fight
Or just Vegemite
True Blue, True Blue
"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1492 on: Jan 29, 2008, 08:05 AM »

Hey True Blue, don't say you've gone
Say you've knocked off for a smoko
And you'll be back later on

Carefree wind, thank you for that story.  Still so many amazing things to say about Heath, and its nice to hear them.  Love these few lines from the song, they shout Heath to me.   :)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline GayFred37

• Alma Jr.
  • LOVE is a Force of MY Nature ! El Pequeño ZORRO !
« Reply #1493 on: Jan 29, 2008, 08:08 AM »
HOMMAGE À HEATH...

Il était Bon, il était Beau, il Sentait Bon l'Amour et la Tendresse, Notre HEATH LEDGER !...

Je l'ai connu sur la " BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN ", ce Bel ENNIS, tel une Star Filante au milieu d'une Comète...

Qu'il Repose en Paix, maintenant, tel une Étoile Brillante et Scintillante au Firmament de la Galaxie...

HEATH / ENNIS, Aide-Nous à Parcourir les " BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN " de l'Amour, et Trace les Pistes qui Nous permettront de Te Rejoindre !

Image de " BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN "

Hommage devant Notre-Dame de Paris - France

Hommage sur le flanc de BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

Hommages devant son appartement de SoHo (New-York) - USA

<^(      #)      :^^) 

HOMAGE TO HEATH...

It was Good, it was Beautiful, it Smelled Good the Love and Tenderness, our HEATH LEDGER !...

I known it on the " BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN ", this Beautiful ENNIS, a such Star Slipping by in the medium of a Comet...

That it Rests in Peace, now, a such Star Brilliant and Scintillating with the Firmament of the Galaxy...

HEATH/ENNIS, Assistance Us to Traverse the " BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN " of the Love, and Traces the Tracks which will enable Us to Join You !

« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2008, 12:11 PM by GayFred37 »
Aaaahhhh !!!...  :cowb: ENNIS et JACK :cowf: , on vous AIME !!!...  :mout:
 :santa:  :farao:

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1494 on: Jan 29, 2008, 08:12 AM »
I was out earlier this evening, and upon coming home, a DJ on the radio station I was listening to, said a few words about Heath, and his passing on. That he was a brilliant actor, but also, a humanitarian. He was a member of "Sea Shepherd Conservation Society", who work towards trying to protect all sealife, especially the whales which are currently being slaughtered by the Japanese for so called, "Scientific Research". http://www.seashepherd.org/.

After this, a song was dedicated to Heath..which is this one :)

Do you remember John Williamson sung that at Steve Irwin's memorial, I am pleased they chose this one for Heath.
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #1495 on: Jan 29, 2008, 08:46 AM »
I most certainly do Asali :) It is something that cannot be easily forgotten. A most fitting song, for both Steve and Heath. Two great Australians taken well before their time and both equally deserving of the high accolades which they have received.

"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #1496 on: Jan 29, 2008, 09:33 AM »
I most certainly do Asali :) It is something that cannot be easily forgotten. A most fitting song, for both Steve and Heath. Two great Australians taken well before their time and both equally deserving of the high accolades which they have received.

Indeed. I was gutted when I heard the news about Steve Irwin too - he was an incredible person.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1497 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:06 AM »
   Time keeps passing by, and sometimes, you kind of wish it would stop.  But the world keeps going along and pays no mind to anybody's loss
or grief.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008, 07:05 PM by Tony »

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #1498 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:36 AM »
My heart aches and my tears could not stop. It hurt so much to make the video but it was more bearable when all our hearts are together.

Heath Ledger and you all have inspired me. I took the liberty to quote many of you and I hope you don't mind. Thank you.  :ghug:

I can't speak for crying, and I can feel the river of your tears, ...but Thank You Ethan. That was truly Beautiful. 
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1499 on: Jan 29, 2008, 12:46 PM »
Tony, I know just what you mean. :ghug: Especially about coming to terms with the fact that all of us recover and heal at our own pace. I'm actually glad for the people who are already starting to heal and get back into the business of their regular lives, I'm just not ready to do that yet myself. And of course the anger, which is a natural part of the process too. I have found that I'm not following the order on so many of those lists of the stages of grief - I'm borrowing liberally from many of them. I guess I'll get to the bottom of the list, with acceptance and healing, eventually. I'll just have to get there in my own time. I'm glad you understand that too. :ghug:
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)