Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 645436 times)

babytammy7

Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #720 on: Apr 09, 2008, 03:32 PM »
OMG!!! I've cried a lot with that vid!!! When he was saying those things about that horrible day and then he started to cry..... :\'(  :\'(  :\'( Jesus, his tears running down his face....he seemed so lost......I felt so sad, so sad. And Heath's friends and the heart.....what a beautiful thing to do!!!

Oh Heath, baby, why did you leave?  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #721 on: Apr 09, 2008, 03:46 PM »
An Article by Luke Davies, the author of Candy
Luke Davies has written an article paying tribute to Heath in the March issue of The Monthly, here's the link:
http://www.themonthly.com.au/tm/node/821
..........There was, of course, his face: intelligent, kind, beautiful. Those eyes. That mouth. That smile. His extraordinary physical agility - he was a great natural clown. And that rich, glorious voice."
Oh, the voice.. <^(
Well everything was said already but I just had to quote this from the article.
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #722 on: Apr 10, 2008, 11:19 AM »
This is an interview (video and article) of Verne Troyer recalling working with Heath on Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and how a lot of people working on the set has tattooed a heart which Heath had scribbled on a note in memory of him.  Here's the article and the link where you may see the video in which he broke down in tears:

yb, thank you so much for sharing this article and video with us...  :\'( :\'( :\'( I cried watching it. To see Troyer crying in front of the camera like that, it's absolutely heartbreaking. I loved the fact that they had Heath's heart tattooed on their bodies. I'm a mess now.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #723 on: Apr 11, 2008, 12:21 AM »
yb, thank you so much for sharing this article and video with us...  :\'( :\'( :\'( I cried watching it. To see Troyer crying in front of the camera like that, it's absolutely heartbreaking. I loved the fact that they had Heath's heart tattooed on their bodies. I'm a mess now.

There might just be a run on a certain scribbled heart tattoo...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #724 on: Apr 11, 2008, 03:11 AM »

kathy

I was thinking that too. As I didnt see the video, does Verne Troyer show the tattoo he has? 
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

yb

« Reply #725 on: Apr 11, 2008, 03:17 AM »
I was thinking that too. As I didnt see the video, does Verne Troyer show the tattoo he has? 

He did flash it to the camera, but it's from a distance so you can't really make out the shape of the heart.

Offline ynnaf

• Lureen
« Reply #726 on: Apr 11, 2008, 06:54 AM »
Aww Verne is a sweetheart! The tatoos were a great idea!

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #727 on: Apr 11, 2008, 11:00 AM »

kathy

don't laugh.. even i was thinking about that.. really hard...
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #728 on: Apr 11, 2008, 11:11 AM »
i dont think i will suit a heart tatto but i think i might get the leaf that heath had on his hand... maybe but i cant have tattos on my lower arms or hands if i want to join the police so i might get the leaf but on my upper arm.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #729 on: Apr 11, 2008, 11:12 AM »

kathy

I was thinking of that too- have pondered getting a tat for a while- still trying to figure out what to get that will only be picked up on by those in the "know". And then there is the whole low pain threshold thing.  ::) But I was thinking of that heart. Glad to see I'm not the only one, though it doesn't surprise me at all.  :)
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #730 on: Apr 11, 2008, 11:14 AM »
I was thinking of that too- have pondered getting a tat for a while- still trying to figure out what to get that will only be picked up on by those in the "know". And then there is the whole low pain threshold thing.  ::) But I was thinking of that heart. Glad to see I'm not the only one, though it doesn't surprise me at all.  :)

me neither... and you are right..
i always wondered about a little tatoo that only BBM people would understand.. but that's somehow difficult.. this here really is an option..

Offline Marj

• Jack + Ennis
  • Save a horse, Ride a cowboy
« Reply #731 on: Apr 11, 2008, 11:16 AM »

Well we all have the same thoughts, i was thinking about that too  :)..but wouldn't it be nice if it's the same heart, when i get that tat, it must be the same as the crew has...so maybe wait of a close up pic?
Jack Twist: "...so what we got now is Brokeback Mountain...I wish I knew how to quit you."

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #732 on: Apr 11, 2008, 11:20 AM »
Hopefully one will surface- I had an idea for a BBM one and maybe I can combine them. I'll have to see if I chicken out. I think that was the sweetest and most touching thing they did in getting that tatooed and that interview with Troyer set off more tears.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #733 on: Apr 11, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Well we all have the same thoughts, i was thinking about that too  :)..but wouldn't it be nice if it's the same heart, when i get that tat, it must be the same as the crew has...so maybe wait of a close up pic?

would be good - where from?

Offline Marj

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #734 on: Apr 11, 2008, 11:25 AM »
would be good - where from?

I don't think there is any close up pic yet, i searched internet but couldn't find one.
Only the small pic of Verne Troyer, but it's from a distance so you can't really make out the shape of the heart.
Jack Twist: "...so what we got now is Brokeback Mountain...I wish I knew how to quit you."

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #735 on: Apr 11, 2008, 12:23 PM »
I was thinking of that too- have pondered getting a tat for a while- still trying to figure out what to get that will only be picked up on by those in the "know".

I had the same thought. I thought about that celtic design he had around his wrist, or the maple leaf. I just played with the idea in my head. but I think if I could put my hands on that little heart design I'd go for that.

babytammy7

« Reply #736 on: Apr 11, 2008, 12:45 PM »
I had the same thought. I thought about that celtic design he had around his wrist, or the maple leaf. I just played with the idea in my head. but I think if I could put my hands on that little heart design I'd go for that.

Me too, Keren!!

I've been thinking about some BBM for a long time. I was thinking about one of the most beautiful and haunting quotes of the film, you know, one of those phrases we all love. Even I thought about some of the BBM's pics.....but now, I'd go for that heart, Heath's heart. It'd be so precious if I know that out there, there are a lot of people with the same tattoo as me, loving BBM and Heath as much as me. That would make me feel I'm not alone, there is someone else feeling the same as me.

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #737 on: Apr 11, 2008, 03:25 PM »

I've been thinking about some BBM for a long time. I was thinking about one of the most beautiful and haunting quotes of the film, you know, one of those phrases we all love. Even I thought about some of the BBM's pics.....but now, I'd go for that heart, Heath's heart. It'd be so precious if I know that out there, there are a lot of people with the same tattoo as me, loving BBM and Heath as much as me. That would make me feel I'm not alone, there is someone else feeling the same as me.

Wow, I had the same thoughts too. Scary thing is, I already, even before Heath's death, wanted to get a tattoo of a black heat on my right hand and if we could see the tattoo more visably, I would love to get it for Heath  :\'(

I am with you Baby Tammy, I was thinking of a phrase from BBM too, like "If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it" but I'm not sure and I gotta wait at least a year in half to even get a tattoo  :-\\
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2008, 08:33 PM by lil_dwarf_611 »
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #738 on: Apr 12, 2008, 06:37 AM »
Wow, I had the same thoughts too. Scary thing is, I already, even before Heath's death, wanted to get a tattoo of a black heat on my right hand and if we could see the tattoo more visably, I would love to get it for Heath  :\'(

I am with you Baby Tammy, I was thinking of a phrase from BBM too, like "If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it" but I'm not sure and I gotta wait at least a year in half to even get a tattoo  :-\\

If I ever get a chance to get this tattoo I think I'll get it on my chest, above my heart.

"I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart".

Offline Marj

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #739 on: Apr 12, 2008, 06:45 AM »
If I ever get a chance to get this tattoo I think I'll get it on my chest, above my heart.

WOW that's really beautiful Keren  :\'(

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #740 on: Apr 12, 2008, 07:57 AM »

OMG :\'( :\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

babytammy7

« Reply #741 on: Apr 12, 2008, 09:38 AM »

Keren...that's so precious..... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #742 on: Apr 12, 2008, 09:53 AM »

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :ghug: :^^)

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #743 on: Apr 12, 2008, 12:41 PM »

Wow, I never knew how meaningful my signature would be  :-\\
That was beautiful idea Keren, to get the tattoo on your chest  :\'(  :\'(
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #744 on: Apr 12, 2008, 02:46 PM »
I am still bracing for Batman movie...sigh.  I mean i am going to go, but will need to go easy on myself.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #745 on: Apr 23, 2008, 04:21 AM »

An Article by Luke Davies, the author of Candy

Luke Davies has written an article paying tribute to Heath in the March issue of The Monthly, here's the link:

http://www.themonthly.com.au/tm/node/821

Thank you yb for posting that very great tribute to Heath  from Luke Davies  ^f^
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #746 on: Apr 27, 2008, 05:55 AM »

Wow, I never knew how meaningful my signature would be  :-\\
That was beautiful idea Keren, to get the tattoo on your chest  :\'(  :\'(

I am planning a tattoo in one of my palm. They say. lines in your palm tells the future and the past,
 I would tattoo the name of Heath in one of my palm and the tattoo itself will speak how I think of Heath.
Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #747 on: Apr 27, 2008, 06:55 AM »
I very much enjoyed that interview with Vincent Fantauzzo on the making of his portrait of Heath.
Thanks for posting the link  %)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #748 on: Apr 29, 2008, 09:32 AM »
Heartbreak mountain

http://xinkaishi.typepad.com/a_new_start/2008/02/ft-heartbreak-m.html

"The message of King Lear, and of Brokeback Mountain, is that we must all have our hearts broken. In some strange way, these profound works do not merely convey but also enact that message; they perform a homeopathic heartbreak that leaves us miraculously breathing, more deeply and richly than before.

If only Heath Ledger had not had to break our hearts again, in a room in Manhattan, not a film-set or a stage."

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #749 on: Apr 29, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Heartbreak mountain

http://xinkaishi.typepad.com/a_new_start/2008/02/ft-heartbreak-m.html

"The message of King Lear, and of Brokeback Mountain, is that we must all have our hearts broken. In some strange way, these profound works do not merely convey but also enact that message; they perform a homeopathic heartbreak that leaves us miraculously breathing, more deeply and richly than before.

If only Heath Ledger had not had to break our hearts again, in a room in Manhattan, not a film-set or a stage."

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(