Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732851 times)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4050 on: Aug 31, 2008, 11:15 AM »
For the last month, I tried to focus on Ennis
And not feel the loss of you
But no matter how hard I try
There is always something that reminds me
You left a legacy that will live long after you
And the sadness returns with the tears

I have learned in the past week
To embrace that sadness
To let it drive me in living Brokeback again
I am glad to be reminded
When I watch videos of you
And rejoice in the tears that come

You are forever loved.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4051 on: Aug 31, 2008, 12:19 PM »
It's wonderful,Andrew,and just the way we feel about Heath; even if we want to "disguise" his loss by focusing in his work,anything can remind us of him.Not as an actor,but as a person,as a good,kind and intelligent person each one of us has lost a little bit. :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4052 on: Aug 31, 2008, 02:21 PM »
I've already mentioned I'm reading a biography about Heath these days. I love reading things that he said, and things that other people said about him... it's like I'm getting to know him a little bit more, in little ways. I discover again and again how intelligent he was, the unique way of his thinking, how many interests and hobbies and ambitions and dreams he had... so many things he loved, so many things he wanted to do. It's like the wonders of the world had no end for him, and he had so many talents. The way I see it he was so brave, he made many couragious choices in life. How many people give up on their dreams in life because it seems too difficult? Heath made a decision to chase his dreams, to live his life to the fullest. He's an inspiration for me. I'm 32 and he was 28 and I look at my life, and at his life, and I'm amazed at how richer and fuller his life was. He achieved so much more than I will ever be able to. There's one sentence that he said - "I get a lot of joy and pleasure out of life, full stop." How many people can say that about their life? Can I say that about mine? I don't kid myself that it was all a garden of roses, I know he had hard times too, but when asked, he said that he had no regrets in life. Isn't that wonderful, to look back on your life and have no regrets? It gives me comfort somehow, to know that as short as his life was, he trully lived them. In every possible way. It really inspires me to try and live my life a little more like him. Thank you, Heath.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4053 on: Aug 31, 2008, 02:25 PM »
For the last month, I tried to focus on Ennis
And not feel the loss of you
But no matter how hard I try
There is always something that reminds me
You left a legacy that will live long after you
And the sadness returns with the tears

I have learned in the past week
To embrace that sadness
To let it drive me in living Brokeback again
I am glad to be reminded
When I watch videos of you
And rejoice in the tears that come

You are forever loved.

That's beautiful Andrew... Embrace the sadness. It hurts because we love him.  :ghug:

babytammy7

« Reply #4054 on: Aug 31, 2008, 02:26 PM »
He achieved so much more than I will ever be able to. There's one sentence that he said - "I get a lot of joy and pleasure out of life, full stop." How many people can say that about their life? Can I say that about mine? I don't kid myself that it was all a garden of roses, I know he had hard times too, but when asked, he said that he had no regrets in life. Isn't that wonderful, to look back on your life and have no regrets? It gives me comfort somehow, to know that as short as his life was, he trully lived them. In every possible way. It really inspires me to try and live my life a little more like him. Thank you, Heath.

God, Keren, what a beautiful moving post. Thank you so much. I love every word and I totally agree with you.

Thank you, Heath.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4055 on: Aug 31, 2008, 03:52 PM »
I've already mentioned I'm reading a biography about Heath these days. I love reading things that he said, and things that other people said about him... it's like I'm getting to know him a little bit more, in little ways. I discover again and again how intelligent he was, the unique way of his thinking, how many interests and hobbies and ambitions and dreams he had... so many things he loved, so many things he wanted to do. It's like the wonders of the world had no end for him, and he had so many talents. The way I see it he was so brave, he made many couragious choices in life. How many people give up on their dreams in life because it seems too difficult? Heath made a decision to chase his dreams, to live his life to the fullest. He's an inspiration for me. I'm 32 and he was 28 and I look at my life, and at his life, and I'm amazed at how richer and fuller his life was. He achieved so much more than I will ever be able to. There's one sentence that he said - "I get a lot of joy and pleasure out of life, full stop." How many people can say that about their life? Can I say that about mine? I don't kid myself that it was all a garden of roses, I know he had hard times too, but when asked, he said that he had no regrets in life. Isn't that wonderful, to look back on your life and have no regrets? It gives me comfort somehow, to know that as short as his life was, he trully lived them. In every possible way. It really inspires me to try and live my life a little more like him. Thank you, Heath.

What a truly beautiful post, Keren.....I agree with all that you said about Heath, he was amazing.  And I know your words came from your heart..... ^f^ :^^)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4056 on: Aug 31, 2008, 05:10 PM »

Thank you for sharing this, Karen. I love the way you put it...his life was so rich and full...of interests, hobbies, ambitions, and dreams... Heath's life was meaningful because he made courageous decisions that made it meaningful...not just filled with riches and toys.

Thanks again Karen. I hope that I, too, will be able to live up to your following his example.  :ghug: :^^)

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4057 on: Sep 01, 2008, 02:12 AM »
I like the way you put that, Keren. :)

And I think we all feel the same in one important way. We don't utterly idealize Heath (though I'm sure we romanticize him - we tend to romanticize everyone in our lives that we care about) but we admire the things about him that spoke to us. He didn't necessarily make perfect choices, but he made the choices that were right for him. He didn't follow the path that some people thought he should, but he followed the one that felt right to him. And when asked, he always said that he had no regrets in life, because everything he'd done before helped shape the person he became. This is indeed an inspiring philosophy to emulate. And I think it's a lot like the philosophies we've tried to promote here - that everyone is special for who they are and that it can only benefit all of us when any one of us leaves their own personal mark on the world we share.

Thank you for posting that.  :ghug:

That's beautiful Andrew... Embrace the sadness. It hurts because we love him.  :ghug:

What she said, Andrew.  :^^)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4058 on: Sep 01, 2008, 08:12 AM »
[...] We don't utterly idealize Heath (though I'm sure we romanticize him - we tend to romanticize everyone in our lives that we care about) but we admire the things about him that spoke to us. He didn't necessarily make perfect choices, but he made the choices that were right for him. [...]

I used to think love means perfection...but now I think love makes perfect even the imperfect. If that makes sense. Maybe a new song I found can help:

- Journey South - All of You

It is not that Heath was perfect. My love for Heath comes from my admiration for all the qualities that I lack, and the gift of Ennis that changed the way I am.  And from that love, I accept all of him, past, present, and future.

My love for Ennis is something different that I still have not quite figured out. It is more an instinctive embrace of the vulnerable child, the strong and silent man, the fears and doubts...all of him, and in a way, all of me, for I see so much of myself in that lonely figure leaning against the trailer, waiting.

And in that love which accepts with arms wide open, there is no expectations of what he should have done, should have been, what choices he should have made. He simply was. And I simply know, at this point, that he will always be remembered and loved.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4059 on: Sep 01, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Beautiful song, just perfect, for Ennis and Jack, for all of us.

These guys are so lovely together.  Before I knew they were brothers, I thought, what a hot couple!

And as always, Andrew, you express such beautiful, touching things so poetically.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4060 on: Sep 02, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Beautiful song, just perfect, for Ennis and Jack, for all of us.

These guys are so lovely together.  Before I knew they were brothers, I thought, what a hot couple!

And as always, Andrew, you express such beautiful, touching things so poetically.

kathy

Thanks, Kathy. I really love this song. At the moment, it's vying for being my favorite with a few others (Ben Folds - I am the Luckiest, among them).

Until I googled them, I had no idea who they were, then, like you said, I thought wow, yummy!  :P

I am glad you like what I had to say. Thanks.  :ghug: :^^)

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4061 on: Sep 02, 2008, 11:21 PM »
I like the way you put that, Keren. :)

And I think we all feel the same in one important way. We don't utterly idealize Heath (though I'm sure we romanticize him - we tend to romanticize everyone in our lives that we care about) but we admire the things about him that spoke to us. He didn't necessarily make perfect choices, but he made the choices that were right for him. He didn't follow the path that some people thought he should, but he followed the one that felt right to him. And when asked, he always said that he had no regrets in life, because everything he'd done before helped shape the person he became. This is indeed an inspiring philosophy to emulate. And I think it's a lot like the philosophies we've tried to promote here - that everyone is special for who they are and that it can only benefit all of us when any one of us leaves their own personal mark on the world we share.

Thank you for posting that.  :ghug:

FC I've always said you have a way with words.  Well spoken my friend.  :^^)  This is why we love him.  <^(

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Anne is unique, Anne is Magnifique
« Reply #4062 on: Sep 06, 2008, 09:02 PM »

At Dogtown Skates in Venice, California

:\'(
...Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4063 on: Sep 06, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Oh Audrey  :ghug:
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4064 on: Sep 06, 2008, 10:28 PM »

Oh god, this really touches me.  I hadn't thought about the people Heath got involved with in making LOD.  More people whose lives he touched...

kathy
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2008, 12:51 AM by chameau »
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4065 on: Sep 07, 2008, 08:23 AM »

Thank you for posting it Audrey. Like his father said, Heath meant so much to so many people... :\'(

babytammy7

« Reply #4066 on: Sep 07, 2008, 10:33 AM »
I'm totally speechless here.... :\'( :\'(

Think if I were walking down the street and suddenly saw that I'd burst into a million pieces and I'd start to cry hard.

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #4067 on: Sep 10, 2008, 10:57 AM »
Today in school we saw a movie about "don't drink and drive" and they played a song called "Jag Fick Låna En Ängel" (I Got To Borrow An Angel) and all I could think of was Heath when I heard that song. The movie was very sad and the song didn't make it better and I started to cry and with the song and everything I didn't know what to do so I just broke down in tears and everything just came out, Heath and other things and...I don't know, right now I feel empty. I keep looking at pictures of Heath and my eyes start to fill with tears and I just cant stop. It hurts so much that I cant breath sometimes :\'( :\'(

I translated the lyrics from Swedish to English if you're interested in the song

You smile to me one last time
You were so calm, like you had already left
You saw the I was scared

I got to borrow an angel
That spread their light in every breath
You were taken from me to soon
I got to borrow an angel for a short time

You gave me everything a heart can give
You still live inside of me
You said don't be scared
But tell me, how can anyone every be ready?

I got to borrow an angel

My angel
I got to borrow an angel
You spread your light in my life
In every breath
I got to borrow an angel
I got to borrow an angel
For a short time

Heath was taken from us to soon, but he will always be our angel :\'( <^(
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2008, 12:06 PM by Emzan »
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline Heathonmymind

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #4068 on: Sep 10, 2008, 11:36 AM »
I miss you so much!  :\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4069 on: Sep 10, 2008, 12:16 PM »
Today in school we saw a movie about "don't drink and drive" and they played a song called "Jag Fick Låna En Ängel" (I Got To Borrow An Angel) and all I could think of was Heath when I heard that song. The movie was very sad and the song didn't make it better and I started to cry and with the song and everything I didn't know what to do so I just broke down in tears and everything just came out, Heath and other things and...I don't know, right now I feel empty. I keep looking at pictures of Heath and my eyes start to fill with tears and I just cant stop. It hurts so much that I cant breath sometimes :\'( :\'(

Oh Em... :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: I hope you had a friend there with you to give you a real hug.

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #4070 on: Sep 10, 2008, 12:21 PM »
Oh Em... :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: I hope you had a friend there with you to give you a real hug.

:ghug: :ghug:

Yes I had my best friend there with me :) and the best thing about her is that I dont have to say what I'm feeling, she already knows
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4071 on: Sep 10, 2008, 12:27 PM »
It's good to have friends like that. :)

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
« Reply #4072 on: Sep 10, 2008, 12:46 PM »
it's harder everyday especialy when i see your wonderful smile in my photos with u and when i see u in ur movies i'm sad cause i kno i can't give your life back and everything it's too sad.i don't kno how i'm going to feel in the first month of 2009 on 22:(...miss u lil angel:((
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4073 on: Sep 10, 2008, 02:33 PM »

I translated the lyrics from Swedish to English if you're interested in the song

You saw the I was scared

I got to borrow an angel

You said don't be scared

I got to borrow an angel

My angel
I got to borrow an angel
In every breath
I got to borrow an angel
I got to borrow an angel
For a short time

Emelie  :ghug:   That must have been hard, to be reminded of Heath and hearing the lyrics of the song, I can understand why...its good that you had your friend with you to comfort you  :)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4074 on: Sep 10, 2008, 10:36 PM »
[...]Heath was taken from us to soon, but he will always be our angel :\'( <^(

:ghug: Emzan  :ghug: Thank you for posting the lyrics and the link. It's beautiful and brought tears to my eyes.

You are so fortunate to have your best friend with you...and also your angel.  :ghug: :^^)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4075 on: Sep 10, 2008, 11:04 PM »

The song is so beautiful, and a beautiful way to think of it:  We got to borrow an angel, for a short time...

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4076 on: Sep 10, 2008, 11:09 PM »
I've thought often of Heath the past days as I've looked at pictures of New York Fashion Week.  I know he went to some of the designers' shows.  I don't know at all, but I can imagine he was friends with some of these interesting new designers, and would go to support them, and because it's an odd and fascinating scene.

So...I was sorry not to see a pic of him in the front row, in his crazy sartorial splendor.

kathy

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4077 on: Sep 11, 2008, 10:19 AM »
I've thought often of Heath the past days as I've looked at pictures of New York Fashion Week.  I know he went to some of the designers' shows.  I don't know at all, but I can imagine he was friends with some of these interesting new designers, and would go to support them, and because it's an odd and fascinating scene.

So...I was sorry not to see a pic of him in the front row, in his crazy sartorial splendor.

kathy

I know what you mean, I think it was last year's Fashion Week that he went to with Michael Stipe. And I love the photos of him in Fashion Week a few years ago with Naomi and his sister... I wouldn't be surprised if he was friends with some of the designers, he had such a taste for any kind of art.

Every event that he used to attend makes me think about him, and mourn the fact that he's not there. I saw those photos of Anne Hathaway at the Toronto Film Festival and I emmidiately thought, "Heath should've been there". :(

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4078 on: Sep 11, 2008, 05:49 PM »

You saw the I was scared

I got to borrow an angel

You said don't be scared

I got to borrow an angel

My angel
I got to borrow an angel
In every breath
I got to borrow an angel
I got to borrow an angel
For a short time

Thanks,Emelie  ^f^  :^^) Really,these lyrics have brought tears into my eyes and I really understand you felt so sad thinking about our sweet eyes angel... :\'( It's great to have a good friend to comfort you personally,even if all of us can give you some relief at distance,you know it... :ghug:
Heath was taken from us to soon, but he will always be our angel...
God¡ One of the deepest felt things I've read about Heath,and one of the most suitable too; because he will always be by our side,looking at us,and waiting for us until we finally are able to meet him again...
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4079 on: Sep 11, 2008, 05:55 PM »
it's harder everyday especialy when i see your wonderful smile in my photos with u and when i see u in ur movies i'm sad cause i kno i can't give your life back and everything it's too sad.i don't kno how i'm going to feel in the first month of 2009 on 22:(...miss u lil angel:((

Chrisy... :ghug: I know how you're feeling,all of us know it...But someone told once that,when we've lost a beloved person,we must be happy for the good moments he or she has given to us,not sad for those moments we won't never share again with them. :^^)

("If I asked")
                         ----------------