Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732873 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4320 on: Dec 31, 2008, 03:43 PM »
This is the last day of 2008... in fact, here in Israel it's going to end in a little over an hour. I can't say that I'm sad to see it ending, because it's been a very hard year for me. I don't even remember the first three weeks of 2008, I only know that on January 22 the world had turned upside down for me. If you ask me what happened this year I have only one thing to say: we lost Heath. And losing him is what this year was about to me.

I was going through the articles and the tributes that I printed over this year, and I came across the voice mail that Heath left for an Australian editor exactly a year ago, on December 30, 2007, when he came home to Australia to spend Christmas and the New Year with his family. He wanted to thank the Australian press for respecting his privacy during that visit.

"I don't know whether it's a conscious thing or an unconscious thing, giving me space and respecting my privacy. It's just been awesome, and I've had the most beautiful time back here and being able to see all my friends and family, let alone the press and the people within the community of Perth, it's been so lovely.

"It's really enabled me to be a boy again from home and feel like I'd never left. Like I said, I'm not sure whether it's a conscious decision on the paper's part or not to kind of give me this space, but they have, and I truly, truly thank them for it, and it makes my life a life when I come back here.

"I know you're probably not the man to print this, but you can certainly pass this on to your compatriots, and that's really it, just sending my love and thanks to the city of Perth because it's truly been an incredibly therapeutic and a much-needed trip home, and just that little touch has made it all that more special to me.

"So feel free to use this message as my interview as such, and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and certainly a Happy New Year.

"If I don't speak to you before I leave, I will no doubt be talking to you probably next year when Batman comes out - and Batman goes down in fact.

"Thanks for listening to my longwinded message - like I said, feel free to use it and pass it on to someone who can type it out, and thanks again."

That was the last time Heath was home with his family, and he never got the chance to talk to that editor again, certainly not "next year when Batman comes out". My heart hurts so much when I read these lines because this year he's not here to celebrate the New Year. And this is just not right. It breaks my heart.

:\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

babytammy7

« Reply #4321 on: Dec 31, 2008, 04:08 PM »
That was the last time Heath was home with his family, and he never got the chance to talk to that editor again, certainly not "next year when Batman comes out". My heart hurts so much when I read these lines because this year he's not here to celebrate the New Year. And this is just not right. It breaks my heart.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

I just can't say anything right now....

He was so kind, so special. I just knew that I shouldn't come to this thread again.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4322 on: Jan 02, 2009, 12:32 AM »

Just felt like posting...came home from the doctor's today and had ET on while I was eating dinner and when they talked about stars they lost in '08, Heath was the first one mentioned, having clips such as from the Brothers Grimm, saying in an interview with Matt Damon, "I hope my life will have a happy ending" and then a Brokeback clip with Ennis saying, "Well I guess I'll see ya around?"..And then the song, the song was the worst because I remember the night after Heath's death crying because of that song. Angel by Sarah McClain. It all definatly made me realize how hard the one year anniversary of his death is going to be on me and many Brokies still mourning his death  :\'( :\'( :\'(

I've come across all the "in memorium" articles in print and on-line the last few days, and it is true, Heath is almost always the first one pictured or mentioned... 

Lis, I'm glad I didn't see that ET piece, I would be a puddle of tears.  Do you mean "In the Arms of the Angels" by Sarah McLachlan by chance?  That song makes me almost cry anyway.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #4323 on: Jan 02, 2009, 12:39 AM »

C'm'here!  :ghug:
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4324 on: Jan 02, 2009, 06:38 AM »

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #4325 on: Jan 03, 2009, 06:28 AM »
Yesteday I saw Matilda's pic in a magazine and she was with her mom and the captions were that it was her first Christmas without her dad..I felt horrible when I read that...The loss of Heath was making me so sad...I had alook at his daughter's pic again and I saw her filled with life and playing..Her smile reminded me of Heath and her face reflected his soul..He has a part of him alive in her and that gave some consolation to my wounded heart...I will always see Heath in Matilda and Matilda will grow to know what a great Man her dad was and will live his dreams...

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4326 on: Jan 03, 2009, 06:42 AM »
I know, it's both painful and comforting to see how much she looks like him. A part of him will always live through her.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4327 on: Jan 06, 2009, 06:38 AM »
This is the last day of 2008... in fact, here in Israel it's going to end in a little over an hour. I can't say that I'm sad to see it ending, because it's been a very hard year for me. I don't even remember the first three weeks of 2008, I only know that on January 22 the world had turned upside down for me. If you ask me what happened this year I have only one thing to say: we lost Heath. And losing him is what this year was about to me.

:ghug: Keren  :ghug:  It does hurt so much to read that, and like you said...it is just not right he's not here, especially at holiday time.  Breaks my heart, too.  Shatters the thing.

I know what you mean about losing him defining the year of 2008, too.  I'm sure even in years to come, I'll associate '08 with the awful loss of Heath, despite what other things may have happened for me personally. 

And what a sweetheart Heath was to leave that message.  What a sweet, gracious soul.

Hugs for all who need 'em.  :ghug: 

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4328 on: Jan 06, 2009, 06:40 AM »
I thought things would get better with time
I guess a year isn't enough time
It still hurts so much that you aren't here
I love you more then I thought I did and I hate that you had to die before I realised that
There will never be another Heath Ledger for me, there is just one Heath, and thats you.
Thank you for the little time you were here, something inside me happened when I saw your smile
 I just wish that I still could have that feeling. Now when I see your smile it makes me miss you more and my heart breaks in a million peaces again.
I will never forget the day you left us. It was like something died inside of me.
Still, I'm very happy for the time you were here and made me and so many other people happy and that you shared your gift with us. You are truly amazing and will never be forgotten.

Beautiful, Emzan.   :ghug:

babytammy7

« Reply #4329 on: Jan 06, 2009, 03:28 PM »
Truth is, I don't miss Heath....because he's ALWAYS with me.

Got you, babe; safe in my heart, forever.

vedrana

« Reply #4330 on: Jan 06, 2009, 05:06 PM »

Lovely words!  <^( ... and the pic, of course!

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4331 on: Jan 06, 2009, 07:16 PM »

:ghug: Tammy  :^^) ^f^ So true, and so beautifully said. I wish I had said it.  :c)

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4332 on: Jan 07, 2009, 02:28 PM »
:ghug: Tammy  :^^) ^f^ So true, and so beautifully said. I wish I had said it.  :c)

I only can quote this... <^( :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #4333 on: Jan 07, 2009, 03:17 PM »

OMG..Heath is still alive in my heart..I feel his presence in his daughter, ennisjack,com and in his films..He is with us and we r with him...
 :ghug:   :ghug:   :ghug:

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4334 on: Jan 09, 2009, 01:02 AM »
I had a dream about Heath last night.  You know how it is, when you've dreamed of someone, or when you've just spent time with someone in reality as far as that goes, you keep thinking of them the  next day.  All day today I felt as if I'd actually spent time with him.  It was like feeling his presence still, kept coming to me all day.  Of course, because of the People's Choice awards news and all, I saw his picture or name a lot today.  Anyway, a very strong feeling all day...

The dream was nice, sweet.  It was a Star Trek convention, and at first I felt like I was seeking him out to hang out with him, but then realized he was also seeking me out to hang out with.  I thought in the dream maybe he was hanging out with me because he didn't know anyone else there.  But no matter -- we just were having fun, wandering around.  There was also a few moments of spark and heat...best kept in my own memory thank you very much.  Then, we got separated and I couldn't find him.  I went to the room I thought he was in, but he wasn't there...then the dream turned into scenes where I was telling some friends I had dreamed of him...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4335 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:29 AM »
I had a dream about Heath last night.  You know how it is, when you've dreamed of someone, or when you've just spent time with someone in reality as far as that goes, you keep thinking of them the  next day.  All day today I felt as if I'd actually spent time with him.  It was like feeling his presence still, kept coming to me all day.  Of course, because of the People's Choice awards news and all, I saw his picture or name a lot today.  Anyway, a very strong feeling all day...

The dream was nice, sweet.  It was a Star Trek convention, and at first I felt like I was seeking him out to hang out with him, but then realized he was also seeking me out to hang out with.  I thought in the dream maybe he was hanging out with me because he didn't know anyone else there.  But no matter -- we just were having fun, wandering around.  There was also a few moments of spark and heat...best kept in my own memory thank you very much.  Then, we got separated and I couldn't find him.  I went to the room I thought he was in, but he wasn't there...then the dream turned into scenes where I was telling some friends I had dreamed of him...

kathy

What a precious dream, Kathy.  I know precisely what you mean about the way a poignant dream, or presence within a dream, can linger all day long.  I've had a few of those myself, and never cease to be amazed at the intensity of feelings you can find out there in dreamland. 

The whole dream-within-a-dream thing is an interesting thing, too.  Sounds way cool.

Thanks for sharing, and yep, you're entitled to keep some of the dreamscape in your own memory.   ;)

...And a Trekkie Heathy?  How CUTE.   <^(

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4336 on: Jan 09, 2009, 01:27 PM »
 :ghug: Kathy  :ghug: that's great. I am so glad to hear it. Heath always thought of sitting on Mars looking back on Earth when he needed time alone to think things over. He was too big for any labels but there was a part of him that would make any trekkie proud, the visionary, the pioneer, to go where no has gone before.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4337 on: Jan 09, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Laura and Lance:  Thanks for comments.  So you know just the feeling I was talking about, Laura, the "presence" the next day.

And certainly Heath was not out of place amongst Trekkies; I like what you said about that, Lance.

(And I had a dream last night about Michelle.  She and I were "going together," and we were surprised to learn that Old Man Twist was okay with it when we told him.)

kathy

babytammy7

« Reply #4338 on: Jan 10, 2009, 11:24 AM »
Today I went out with all that snow to just get a paper for my dad. I was there so damn cold waiting for my turn to pay when I saw it. The cover of one of most important magazines here in Spain, the one that only talks about famous and rich people and their lives, loves, houses and clothes. I couldn’t believe my eyes. There Heath was. It was some of his latest pics. Heath with Ramos, one of his two friends he created Masses with.
He was so beautiful. Smiling, bared foot, with old jeans, looking at the screen of his laptop or angling his hands to try and find the best position to film.
But what punched me was the words, big words, in the cover.

“Almost a year. We miss you.”

God, I wanted to cry then and there…..And I forgot about the cold and the snow for a moment. In fact, I felt like burning inside. But it was not fire, but a huge sadness, that bit me sharp and red hot.

This is gonna be a hard time for us. Heath is gonna be everywhere. And I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4339 on: Jan 10, 2009, 02:32 PM »
(((((Tammy)))))  :ghug:

did you get the magazine?

babytammy7

« Reply #4340 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:53 AM »
Of course I got it, babe!!!

I'm just waiting till tomorrow to try and use the scanner at work so I can post the pics and the article here.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2009, 02:40 PM by Baby Tammy »

Offline sportstalk23

• Alma
  • E&J 4EVER
« Reply #4341 on: Jan 11, 2009, 08:50 PM »
I cant believe next week will be a year when a mundane afternoon of running errands turned into something so awful just like that :-\\

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #4342 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:03 PM »
Very proud of our boy x
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4343 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:33 AM »
I cant believe next week will be a year when a mundane afternoon of running errands turned into something so awful just like that :-\\

:ghug: Sportstalk :ghug:  Same here, same here. 

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4344 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:36 AM »
Today I went out with all that snow to just get a paper for my dad. I was there so damn cold waiting for my turn to pay when I saw it. The cover of one of most important magazines here in Spain, the one that only talks about famous and rich people and their lives, loves, houses and clothes. I couldn’t believe my eyes. There Heath was. It was some of his latest pics. Heath with Ramos, one of his two friends he created Masses with.
He was so beautiful. Smiling, bared foot, with old jeans, looking at the screen of his laptop or angling his hands to try and find the best position to film.
But what punched me was the words, big words, in the cover.

“Almost a year. We miss you.”

God, I wanted to cry then and there…..And I forgot about the cold and the snow for a moment. In fact, I felt like burning inside. But it was not fire, but a huge sadness, that bit me sharp and red hot.

This is gonna be a hard time for us. Heath is gonna be everywhere. And I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

:ghug: Tammy  :ghug:  I can imagine how that must have been for you...just hearing the  "Almost a year.  We miss you" headline second hand from you kills me. 

*Big bearhug* for you, and everyone else.   :ghug:

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4345 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:40 AM »
Laura and Lance:  Thanks for comments.  So you know just the feeling I was talking about, Laura, the "presence" the next day.

And certainly Heath was not out of place amongst Trekkies; I like what you said about that, Lance.

(And I had a dream last night about Michelle.  She and I were "going together," and we were surprised to learn that Old Man Twist was okay with it when we told him.)

kathy

Hehe, I'm envious that you get to dream all these great dreams of Heath, Michelle and little Matilda.  You're lucky.  ;D  The few I've had of Heath, without fail, wake me up with tears.   :\'(

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4346 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:44 AM »

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4347 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:58 AM »
Laura  :ghug:  :^^)   :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

vedrana

« Reply #4348 on: Jan 12, 2009, 06:05 AM »

:clap:

Happy for him and his family! Especially Matilda! :cr)

I think was there in spirit last night!  :\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4349 on: Jan 12, 2009, 10:09 AM »
I'm happy and sad and incredibly proud, all at the same time. You should've been here for this Heath.