Brokeback Mountain Forum @ ennisjack.com

The Movie & Story => AP Short Story & Screenplay => Topic started by: rane99 on Feb 11, 2006, 11:52 AM

Title: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: rane99 on Feb 11, 2006, 11:52 AM
Ok, ya'll know what what'll come down the pike.... maybe not next year or the following, but you know it might happen.  I hope they do right by it. I hope they don't do the musical anytime soon, though.  What do you guys think?
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: *Froggy* on Feb 11, 2006, 12:11 PM
please no! :-[
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: stephan on Feb 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
Do you mean another version ? With people other than Jake and Heath ? Different accents ? A different soundtrack ? I'll stick with the original, thanks.  :D :D :D :D
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: CherryCake on Feb 11, 2006, 01:35 PM
Yes, I hope they leave this one alone!  I have never seen a big staged musical and can't imagine BBM done right as a musical.  But I have been surprised before. 
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: aimi15 on Feb 11, 2006, 01:42 PM
 :o :oThe most awful, awful thing i've ever heard! Please musical producer guys, this one's sacred-LEAVE IT ALONE!!!
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: rabjr1 on Feb 12, 2006, 04:40 AM
Puccini is dead as should be that idea.
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: Cowboy Cody on Feb 12, 2006, 03:53 PM
Puccini is dead as should be that idea.

I can't even being to imagine how cheesy a musical of this would be. The only reason it would even be attempted is because people lack creative ability to come up with something new. It's much easier to "steal" an idea.
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: stephan on Feb 12, 2006, 04:26 PM

The only reason it would even be attempted is because people lack creative ability to come up with something new. It's much easier to "steal" an idea.

That's only too true. When I talk to friends who haven't seen BBM I tell them it is a first-time-in-history event.
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: Cowboy Cody on Feb 12, 2006, 04:54 PM
Annie Proulx is a true American Original. She has no 'need' to beg, borrow or steal from anyone else. That why her stories are true, iconic, and refreshing!
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: sweetlilg on Feb 12, 2006, 04:59 PM
hell no!  >:(
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: Allan on Feb 12, 2006, 05:35 PM
Not a musical, folks... but I'll betya that someday, someone turns it into an opera... Allan
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: Allan on Feb 12, 2006, 05:37 PM
Not a musical, folks... but I'll betya that someday, someone turns it into an opera... Allan
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: DocVic on Feb 12, 2006, 06:42 PM
Really can't imaging Ennis singing, he already has problem of speaking (accent/murmuring words in his mouth), how can we expect him to "sing" ?? ???
A BBM 2 is a better idea than a musical ;)
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: aimi15 on Feb 12, 2006, 06:45 PM
BBM 2 how would this work? Would it be a kind of Dallas thing where everyone wakes up and Jack dying was just a dream? Nice idea, a happy ending, no more reason to cry...here i go again... :'(
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: chameau on Feb 12, 2006, 08:20 PM
Puccini is dead as should be that idea.

I can't even being to imagine how cheesy a musical of this would be. The only reason it would even be attempted is because people lack creative ability to come up with something new. It's much easier to "steal" an idea.

Triple Ditto!
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: CherryCake on Feb 12, 2006, 08:28 PM
Well, I have never been to a big Broadway production, but heard that "Phantom' and "Wicked" and well, lots of muscials can be adapted... of course the music would have to be awsome.
I just don't want anyone to wreck BMM.
Title: Re: Brokeback! The Musical!
Post by: Cowboy Cody on Feb 12, 2006, 08:39 PM
Wreck? It's going to look like a freight train Cluster ****!