Brokeback Mountain Forum @ ennisjack.com

The Movie & Story => AP Short Story & Screenplay => Topic started by: Tiger24 on Feb 11, 2006, 01:24 PM

Title: Wondering which one?
Post by: Tiger24 on Feb 11, 2006, 01:24 PM
Which book(s) should I purchase? 

1) Close Range : Wyoming Stories

2) Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay

3) Brokeback Mountain : Now a Major Motion Picture

which one, or ones, of those I should get?

       (I was thinking Close range and the story and screenplay...but i dunno?)

Thanks.

-Ty
Title: Re: Wondering which one?
Post by: CherryCake on Feb 11, 2006, 01:32 PM
Well, if you have to get just one, get Close Range : Wyoming Stories .  It is the one that started it all. It is very moving while economically written with beautiful prose. The story is great. Plus you get other good stores from Annie!
Title: Re: Wondering which one?
Post by: rikcub on Feb 11, 2006, 09:11 PM
I originally got the short story (after seeing the movie) but had to go back for the short story to screenplay book.  If you are truly a Brokie you will love reading the screenplay as well as commentary from Annie Proulx as well as Larry McMurty and Diana Ossana.
Title: Re: Wondering which one?
Post by: karind1 on Feb 12, 2006, 01:18 AM
i bought close range but haven't cracked it yet--i looooooooooove story to screenplay-not only is story in there as well as screenplay-there are also interesting chapters written about the experience from annie proulx as well as diana ossana and larry mcmurtry.  i like it alot.
Title: Re: Wondering which one?
Post by: arizonamman on Feb 12, 2006, 02:56 PM
Get the Story to Screenplay. There is very little difference in price and you get interviews from the screen writers and author.
Title: Re: Wondering which one?
Post by: Tiger24 on Feb 12, 2006, 06:11 PM
Alright thanks everyone, i've decided to go with

Close Range : Wyoming Stories

and

Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay
Title: Re: Wondering which one?
Post by: monicita on Feb 13, 2006, 11:15 AM
Tiger, you are a true Brokie! Welcome  :P

monicita
Title: Re: Wondering which one?
Post by: Cowboy Cody on Feb 16, 2006, 09:07 PM
Tiger - I have both of those, plus the short story itself in both hardcover and soft cover. You won't be disappointed. If you really like her writing, try Wyoming Stories 2 : Bad Dirt.

Title: Re: Wondering which one?
Post by: ethan on Feb 18, 2006, 03:48 PM
Which book(s) should I purchase? 

1) Close Range : Wyoming Stories

2) Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay

3) Brokeback Mountain : Now a Major Motion Picture

which one, or ones, of those I should get?

       (I was thinking Close range and the story and screenplay...but i dunno?)

Thanks.

-Ty

I have all of them. If you have to choose, Close Range and From Story to Screenplay are great choices.
Title: Re: Wondering which one?
Post by: bram on Feb 21, 2006, 11:13 AM
I think I'll get Story to Screenplay, since I only have enough money for one.