Brokeback Mountain Forum @ ennisjack.com

The Movie & Story => Characters, Quotes & Scenes => Topic started by: rod1960 on Feb 25, 2006, 12:37 AM

Title: Actors that become.....
Post by: rod1960 on Feb 25, 2006, 12:37 AM
Gregory Peck   ....   Atticus Finch
Vivien Leigh   ...  Scarlet O'Hara
Clark Gable  ... Rhett Butler


Heath Ledger   .... Ennis Del Mar
Jake Gyllenhaal  ...  Jack Twist
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: scruffy on Feb 25, 2006, 12:55 AM
That is interesting. The old time actors you mentioned are best known for those roles today but they all went on to make other great movies.  Vivian Leigh, for instance was excellent in "A Streetcar Named Desire" and Marlon Brando who is known for ripping his shirt in that very movie went on to play in The Godfather.

Although it will take me a long time to see Jake and Heath in other roles I think they will be able to go on to other movies in Hollywood.  It is not as bad as TV where an actor will play one character for years and eventually be straddled in that role.  After all these years I couldn't imagine Melissa Gilbert playing anything other than Laura Ingalls (and that goes for the woman who played Nelly too).  Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams will always be Laverne & Shirley.  No matter what Jean Stapleton does in life she'll always be Edith Bunker to me.  The unfortunate thing with a popular television series is that it is so in your face for years.  The smartest thing Matt LeBlanc did was continue on with the Joey character.  Nobody could see him as anything else after Friends.

Brokeback will always be a highlight in Jake and Heath's careers but I don't think it will end them.  They will have to live with Brokeback for the rest of their lives and I think they will eventually be comfortable with that in time.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Cowboy Cody on Feb 25, 2006, 01:13 AM
Rod - That is exactly what makes BBM one of the greatest movies ever. You forget about that it's Heath and Jake. All you notice is Ennis and Jack. You don't think once, ohhh that Heath Ledger was great in the movie..you think Damnit Ennis, go after Jack.

The great movies are the ones that implant the character so deeply, you forget about the star.

Others I can think of at this late hour:

Bette Davis......Margo Channing
Joan Crawford....Mildred Pierce
Elizabeth Taylor...Maggie
Judy Garland....Mrs Norman Maine
Gloria Swanson....Norma Desmond
Henry Fonda....NormanThayer
Meryl Streep...Sophie
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: jimmypage on Feb 25, 2006, 03:41 AM
Anthony Perkins .... Norman Bates
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: greenfrog on Feb 27, 2006, 12:54 AM
Judy Garland - Dorothy Gale
Liza Minnelli - Sally Bowles


Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: rabjr1 on Feb 27, 2006, 12:10 PM
Anthony Perkins .... Norman Bates

that role destroyed Anthony Perkin's career.  Of course he always was two sandwiches short of a picnic basket.....turning down Tab Hunter?
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: *Froggy* on Feb 27, 2006, 12:14 PM
Russell Crowe = Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And he wanted to have his vengeance, in this life or the next.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: *Froggy* on Feb 28, 2006, 08:19 PM
Christopher Reeve = Superman... :-\
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Cowboy Cody on Feb 28, 2006, 08:55 PM
Frog - Yes. Christopher Reeve...Bless that man's spirit!
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: hidesert on Feb 28, 2006, 10:30 PM

Joan Crawford....Mildred Pierce 


She was great in that role but I always think of her as the character Harriet Craig from the movie of the same name.   Harriet Craig was the same controlling personality as the real Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest.

Brings up another actress:  Faye Dunaway....Joan Crawford (Mommie Dearest)

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Italian_Dude on Feb 28, 2006, 10:43 PM
Alexis Bledel.. Winnie Foster (Tuck Everlasting)

The movie didnt do that well, but I loved it anyway because Tuck Everlasting is one of my favourite books, like EVER!
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: *Froggy* on Mar 01, 2006, 10:45 AM
Robin Williams --> John Keating of Dead Poets Society or Mrs Doubtfire! hehehe!

Keanu Reeves --> Neo
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: JerBear418720 on Mar 01, 2006, 11:44 PM
Charlton Heston---------->Moses
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: hidesert on Mar 02, 2006, 12:07 AM

Charlton Heston---------->Moses 

You're right JB, and another memorial performance:

Charlton Heston ....... Judah Ben Hur


Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Cowboy Cody on Mar 02, 2006, 07:34 PM
Charlton Heston will always be Moses.

Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra!
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: hidesert on Mar 02, 2006, 10:31 PM
Charlton Heston will always be Moses.

Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra! 

So many of these "icons" relate to growing up, so they tend to be very personal.  When I was growing up,"The 10 Commandments" was not the big film we all wanted to see, it was "Ben Hur" with the famous chariot race scene.

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: n061857 on Mar 23, 2006, 09:23 PM
Anthony Hopkins     Hannibal Lecter
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Troy on Mar 24, 2006, 12:25 AM
Judy Garland   Dorothy
Bette Davis     Sweet Charlotte
Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis Thelma and Louise
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Apollonos on Mar 24, 2006, 03:00 AM
Yul Brynner      Ramses      "So let it be written; so let it be done!"
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: *Froggy* on Mar 24, 2006, 06:34 PM
Yul Brynner      Ramses      "So let it be written; so let it be done!"

For me Yul is Mr. etc...etc...etc! of The King and I.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on Mar 24, 2006, 07:23 PM
Tom Hulce... Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Mark Hamill ....  Luke Skywalker

Ian McKellen ....  Gandalf
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Tom on Mar 24, 2006, 07:27 PM
Steve McQueen     The Cooler King
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: matsuki33 on Mar 24, 2006, 07:47 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker ---->Carrie Bradshaw

Sara Michelle Gellar --->Buffy Summers

July Andrews---->Sister Maria and Mary Poppins
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: *Froggy* on Mar 24, 2006, 07:48 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker ---->Carrie Bradshaw

Sara Michelle Gellar --->Buffy Summers

July Andrews---->Sister Maria and Mary Poppins

yes

yes

and yes!
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on Mar 24, 2006, 07:49 PM
Elizabeth Taylor ....  Cleopatra
Richard Burton ....  Marc Antony

Robin Williams ....  Popeye
Shelley Duvall ....  Olive Oyl

Leonardo DiCaprio ....  Jack Dawson
Kate Winslet ....  Rose DeWitt Bukater


Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: matsuki33 on Mar 24, 2006, 07:55 PM
Mel Gibson---->William Wallace and Martin Riggs

Fran Dresher---->Francine "Fran" Fine

Ricardo Montalban---->Mr. Roarke

Hervé Villechaize----->Tattoo
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on Mar 24, 2006, 10:04 PM
Gert Fröbe ....  Auric Goldfinger (James Bond Goldfinger)

Richard Kiel ....  Jaws (James bond The Spy who Loved Me and Moonraker)

Grace Jones ....  May Day (James Bond A View to a Kill)

Christopher Lee ....  Francisco Scaramanga (James Bond The Man with the Golden Gun)
Christopher Lee ....  Count Dracula (so many times)
Christopher Lee ....  Saruman
Christopher Lee ....  Count Dooku

Alec Guinness ....  Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ewan McGregor ....  Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ian McDiarmid ....  Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

Hayden Christensen ....  Anakin Skywalker  :-X (sorry guys!)

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on Mar 24, 2006, 10:12 PM
Quote
July Andrews---->Sister Maria and Mary Poppins

Big big Ditto here and also,

July Andrews .... Victoria Grant, aka Count Victor Grezhinski

I'd like to mention about The Sound of Music (Sister Maria)

Christopher Plummer ....  Captain Georg von Trapp
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Patriot1 on Mar 24, 2006, 10:28 PM
July Andrews .... Victoria Grant, aka Count Victor Grezhinski

OH!! Wasn't that a wonderful and camp movie!!!!  I loved it.  At the end when Robert Preston takes her place I actually pissed in my pants I laughed so hard.  I later read that while doing that scene a mistake had been made but they went on with the shoot and that is why everyone is cracking up.  It was all real.  Don't know if that is true but it looked so real and so much fun.

What a great movie!!!

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on Mar 24, 2006, 10:45 PM
Omar Sharif ....  Dr. Yuri Zhivago
Julie Christie ....  Lara Antipova

James Wilby ....  Maurice Hall
Rupert Graves ....  Alec Scudder

Giulietta Masina ....  Amelia Bonetti (Ginger)
Marcello Mastroianni ....  Pippo Botticella (Fred)

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on Mar 24, 2006, 11:17 PM
Mah Gawd!  I was about to forget this Lady from my hearth,

Roberta Maxwell ....  Jack's Mother  :'(
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Patriot1 on Mar 24, 2006, 11:33 PM
Mah Gawd!  I was about to forget this Lady from my hearth,

Roberta Maxwell ....  Jack's Mother  :'(

Well Roberta goes without saying chameau.  Hasn't she become the mom to us all?  I know I have adopted her.

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on Mar 25, 2006, 12:06 AM
Brings up another actress:  Faye Dunaway....Joan Crawford (Mommie Dearest)

"Nooooo w i r e HANGERS  E V E R ! ! !   Christina get out of that bed!"
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: n061857 on Mar 25, 2006, 01:58 PM
Michelle Williams - Alma
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on Mar 25, 2006, 10:48 PM
Daniel Radcliffe ....  Harry Potter

Emma Watson ....  Hermione Granger

Rupert Grint ....  Ron Weasley

Richard Harris ....  Albus Dumbledore
Michael Gambon ....  Albus Dumbledore

Maggie Smith ....  Professor Minerva McGonagall

Alan Rickman ....  Professor Snape



Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 21, 2007, 02:12 PM
Kathy Bates - "Misery" - Annie Wilkes
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: lamusica on May 21, 2007, 04:25 PM
Charlize Theron - Eileen Wournos

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 21, 2007, 07:59 PM
Sally Field - Norma Rae
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on May 21, 2007, 08:27 PM
Helen Mirren - The Queen (Elizabeth II by Stephen Frears)
Helen Mirren - Elizabeth I
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: welshwitch on May 22, 2007, 01:08 PM
                              William Shatner as Captain James T Kirk of the USS Enterprise.
                              Leonard Nimoy as Mr Spock
                              John Travolta as Danny
                              Dirk Bogarde as Ansbach ( Death in Venice")
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: jacks_key on May 22, 2007, 03:06 PM
"Nooooo w i r e HANGERS  E V E R ! ! !   Christina get out of that bed!"

LOL!  "CHRISTINA!  BRING ME THE AXE!"   >:D ^*()
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Rønnaug on May 22, 2007, 04:34 PM
I always see and hear Sela Ward when I think fo Jake G. Her voice, in utter distress, as Sam goes under water and they don't hear his voice on the phone anymore in Day after tomorrow :)
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: NoReins on May 22, 2007, 04:49 PM
I don't think I've ever seen another actor become a character as much as Heath became Ennis. I mean...yeah...there are plenty of actors out there who have a defining role, a character we'll always think of when we hear their name, but I still see the actor on the screen in most of those cases. That's not what I see when I watch Brokeback - it's Ennis up there, 100%. The mumbling, the mannerisms, the haunted look in his eyes - none of that is Heath Ledger (well, maybe the mumbling is a little bit but he normally mumbles in an Australian accent ;D) There are plenty of times that Ennis doesn't even look like Heath ^*()

As a Gyllenhaalic, I should probably say that Jake isn't far behind either, although his looks do make it harder to escape who it is up there...especially when you take into account the description of Jack Twist from Annie's story. But he still does a masterful job of conveying the hope and, ultimately, the despair that Jack endured for his love of Ennis and I can't think of any other actor who could have done the job better than Jake did. It may not ultimately be his defining role (some may even argue that his performance in Donnie Darko was, or that his portrayal of Robert Graysmith in Zodiac is) but for us at least, Jake and Jack are forever one and the same.

The only other performance I can think of that comes anywhere near Heath's, though, was Liam Neeson's portrayal of Oskar Schindler in Schindler's List. If he had been disguised a little then it would have been the perfect performance but, while his acting convinced me completely, in looks it was still unmistakably Liam Neeson. Then again, he's not the easiest actor to disguise!
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Rønnaug on May 23, 2007, 01:33 AM
in looks it was still unmistakably Liam Neeson. Then again, he's not the easiest actor to disguise!


To me LN will forever be BLackie O'Neill from A woman of SUbstance...oh I was so in love with him when I was  a little girl :) Still love the Emma Harte books
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: tpe on May 23, 2007, 06:51 AM
I don't think I've ever seen another actor become a character as much as Heath became Ennis. I mean...yeah...there are plenty of actors out there who have a defining role, a character we'll always think of when we hear their name, but I still see the actor on the screen in most of those cases. That's not what I see when I watch Brokeback - it's Ennis up there, 100%. The mumbling, the mannerisms, the haunted look in his eyes - none of that is Heath Ledger (well, maybe the mumbling is a little bit but he normally mumbles in an Australian accent ;D) There are plenty of times that Ennis doesn't even look like Heath ^*()

As a Gyllenhaalic, I should probably say that Jake isn't far behind either, although his looks do make it harder to escape who it is up there...especially when you take into account the description of Jack Twist from Annie's story. But he still does a masterful job of conveying the hope and, ultimately, the despair that Jack endured for his love of Ennis and I can't think of any other actor who could have done the job better than Jake did. It may not ultimately be his defining role (some may even argue that his performance in Donnie Darko was, or that his portrayal of Robert Graysmith in Zodiac is) but for us at least, Jake and Jack are forever one and the same.

The only other performance I can think of that comes anywhere near Heath's, though, was Liam Neeson's portrayal of Oskar Schindler in Schindler's List. If he had been disguised a little then it would have been the perfect performance but, while his acting convinced me completely, in looks it was still unmistakably Liam Neeson. Then again, he's not the easiest actor to disguise!


Good post, NoReins.

Personally, I find it difficult now to consider anyone else in the roles of Ennis and Jack.  Still, I do find other possibilities intriguing. 

Sometimes, I really wonder how things would have panned out if J Phoenix took on the role of Ennis.  I sometimes wonder how it would have been to see another actor in the role of Jack. 

BUt I guess that what is done is done, and these two roles are now inextricably linked to our two actors, whether they themselves like it or not.

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 23, 2007, 11:04 AM
BUt I guess that what is done is done, and these two roles are now inextricably linked to our two actors, whether they themselves like it or not.

It's true.  They will both be forever linked to those roles in my book.  I think even in this day and age, it is rare for actors to really become the characters they portray.  Heath and Jake renewed my faith that this can still be accomplished.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: tpe on May 23, 2007, 11:14 AM
It's true.  They will both be forever linked to those roles in my book.  I think even in this day and age, it is rare for actors to really become the characters they portray.  Heath and Jake renewed my faith that this can still be accomplished.

Those who would attempt a remake would therefore work at a disadvantage.  This would be enough to discourage such an attempt in the near future.

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: jakesgirl on May 23, 2007, 08:56 PM
the actors that i think have captured characthers in the way they where meant to be play are

Joaquin Phenoix-Johnny Cash
Tommy lee Jones- Woodrow F. Call
Robert Duvall-Agustus McCrea
Johnny lee miller-young Woodrow F. Call
David Arquette- young Agustus McCrea
Scott Bairstow- Newt Call

thats all i got right now, besides in my house when we talk about David Boreanaz we refer to him as angel
oh and we can't forget Heath and Jakey
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: KitKat on May 23, 2007, 09:42 PM
thats all i got right now, besides in my house when we talk about David Boreanaz we refer to him as angel
oh and we can't forget Heath and Jakey

 :8  same here - David Boreanaz will forever be known as Angel and Sarah Michelle Gellar will always be Buffy
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: welshwitch on May 24, 2007, 05:43 AM
After "Love Actually" I've always tended to see Hugh Grant as an improved version of Blair, though Hugh Grant has become "Hugh Grant" and always plays him.

Billy Bob Thornton in "Bad Santa" was another one where an actor seemed to become the character.

Joseph Fiennes as Shakespeare - after a lifetime of reading and seeing the plays, I now "see" JF as Will.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: Rønnaug on May 24, 2007, 07:45 AM
After "Love Actually" I've always tended to see Hugh Grant as an improved version of Blair, though Hugh Grant has become "Hugh Grant" and always plays him.

Joseph Fiennes as Shakespeare - after a lifetime of reading and seeing the plays, I now "see" JF as Will.

I agree with the last one :) but I see Michael Sheen as Blair :)

Sarah Michelle Gellar will always be Buffy

Uhoh... nope... Kristy Swanson is Buffy ;) A film that was WAAY Better than the series ( I know I'm gonna get into alot of trouble for saying that but I like it better :) )
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: aintfoolin on May 24, 2007, 09:30 AM
John Travolta- Saturday Night Fever !
 River Phoenix- Stand by me
 Willem Dafoe- Platoon.
  Charlie Sheen- Platoon.
 Bette Davis- Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
 J. Phoenix- Commodus- Gladiator.
  Carroll O' Conner- Archie Bunker.
   Al Pacino- Scarface
  Leo Dicaprio( hope I spelled right) - The other Jack!- Titanic.

 To me, Ledger will always be Ennis Del Mar and Jakey G will always be Jack Twist. Thanks to my daughter I know who that "cowboy" is. :*( <^( More later. Thanks
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
Dustin Hoffman - "Rain Man"
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: welshwitch on May 24, 2007, 12:45 PM
Paul Newman and Robert Rerdford as Butch and Sundance.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 24, 2007, 06:44 PM
Cher - Florence "Rusty" Dennis - Mask
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on May 24, 2007, 06:46 PM
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Truman Capote
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: KitKat on May 24, 2007, 08:24 PM
Even though it was just his voice, James Earl Jones will always be Darth Vader. 
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on May 24, 2007, 08:51 PM
Even though it was just his voice, James Earl Jones will always be Darth Vader. 

You bet!
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 24, 2007, 10:13 PM
Jack Nicholson - Colonel Nathan Jessep "A Few Good Men"
It wasn't a large part, but very memorable.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on May 24, 2007, 11:46 PM
Faye Dunaway - Bonnie Parker
Warren Beatty - Clyde Barrow

Bonnie and Clyde
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: manhattangirl on May 25, 2007, 04:59 AM
Sidney Portier--Virgil Tibbs

 In the Heat of the Night
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on May 27, 2007, 01:26 PM
Billy Bob Thornton  -  Karl Childers  -  "Slingblade"


   you may not remember the name, but the character is indelible
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 27, 2007, 01:38 PM
Billy Bob Thornton  -  Karl Childers  -  "Slingblade"

I haven't seen the entire film, but I've seen enough clips to TOTALLY agree with you!
He's done some noteworthy roles, but this one will be tough to top. O0
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on May 27, 2007, 03:13 PM
I'm really not much into all the peripheral stuff about movies, but happened to be watching some award show or another and Mr. Thornton was present.  I couldn't believe he was the same person as this character, at all.  I really had to be reassured it was him and that my buds weren't pranking me.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 27, 2007, 03:23 PM
I'm sure it was him alright. 
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on May 27, 2007, 03:31 PM
Oh, yeah, it was him all right - I just had a hard time looking at both and seeing the same guy!




look below:  it's an incredible movie, and he's incredible in it - so totally believable, Billy Bob goes away.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 27, 2007, 03:36 PM
One thing is for sure..."Sling Blade" was a defining role for ol' Billy!
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on May 27, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'm surprised they were not mentioned yet...

Marlon Brando - Don Vito Corleone
Al Pacino - Don Michael Corleone

The Godfather


Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on May 27, 2007, 03:48 PM
 Reese Witherspoon   Walk The Line    June Carter Cash



        I didn't realize the actress was Ms. Witherspoon until about halfway through the movie.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on May 27, 2007, 03:57 PM
She is one very talented young actress, I spotted her in Pleasantville first.

There are a bunch of very good and promising actors who are less than 30 and not only in U.S.A. I can't wait to see what will be their roles and careers.

Talking about Walk the Line...

Joachim Phoenix - Johny Cash
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: coffeecat on May 27, 2007, 06:12 PM
I'm really not much into all the peripheral stuff about movies, but happened to be watching some award show or another and Mr. Thornton was present.  I couldn't believe he was the same person as this character, at all.  I really had to be reassured it was him and that my buds weren't pranking me.

I felt the same way about BB Thornton. I saw him in 'Slingblade' first and couldn't believe it was the same person.

The other time that happened? Daniel Day Lewis in 'My Beautiful Laundrette' and 'A Room With a View'. I'm quite a movie buff, so you usually can't fool me but I was so surprised it was the same person.

 *o) I can still remember the sexy kiss in 'My Beautiful Laundrette'.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: lamusica on May 27, 2007, 10:02 PM
Audrey Hepburn as Eliza Doolittle.  Also, Audrey Hepburn as the nun in The Nun's Story.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: hpv on May 29, 2007, 09:41 AM
Quote from: City Slickin' Cowboy link=topic=1852.msg#msg date=
Dustin Hoffman - "Rain Man"
I will remember ,
Dustin Hoffman    ... as Benjamin Braddock in "The Graduate"   :)
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: welshwitch on May 29, 2007, 04:42 PM
After seeing "Casino Royale" yesterday and hating it, Sean Connery as James Bond and no-one else, ever.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: manhattangirl on May 29, 2007, 04:53 PM
After seeing "Casino Royale" yesterday and hating it, Sean Connery as James Bond and no-one else, ever.

Totally agree, he is the one and only Bond. 

 
Audrey Hepburn as Eliza Doolittle.  Also, Audrey Hepburn as the nun in The Nun's Story.

Since she didn't do her own singing, if Julie Andrews got the role, that would have been a classic.  Audrey Hepburn -- " Holly Golightly" in Breakfast at Tiffany's,  there is no other. 
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on May 30, 2007, 01:16 AM


  Alastair Sim     Ebenezer Scrooge       A Christmas Carol  (1953)
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 30, 2007, 05:06 PM
Jessica Tandy - Daisy Werthan  Driving Miss Daisy 1989
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on May 30, 2007, 09:17 PM

   Margaret Hamilton      Miss Gulch/ The Wicked Witch    The Wizard of Oz
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on May 30, 2007, 09:19 PM

   Margaret hamilton      Miss Gulch/ The Wicked Witch    The Wizard of Oz

"I'll get my pretty...and your little dog TOO!!"
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: aintfoolin on Jun 02, 2007, 09:27 PM
Arnold (long last name) -          Terminator

 J. Nicholson-    Jack Torrence -The Shining

 Humpyrey Bogart- Casablaca

  Lorne Green,-Ben Cartright- Micheal Landon,- Little Joe  -Dan Blocker, -Hoss -Pernell Roberts  Adam -  Bonanza

  Robert Deniro- Taxi Driver, The Deer Hunter

 Bela Lagosi- Dracula

 Bruce Willis- John Mclaine-  Die hard

Ralph Fiennes - Shindler's List

 Hattie McDaniel- Mammy- Gone With the Wind( brilliant)

 

 
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on Jun 02, 2007, 09:31 PM
Robert De Niro - Leonard Lowe - Awakenings
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on Jun 02, 2007, 11:14 PM
Paul Ruebens         Pee Wee Herman         Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on Jun 02, 2007, 11:16 PM
I loved Pee Wee! <^(
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: JT on Jun 05, 2007, 12:48 PM
To me, Jack and Ennis will alway be Jake and Heath's break through roles.  They'er roles that define them as actors.  No doubt these two fine young actors will go on to bigger roles, I will always see them as Jack and Ennis and their home will always be Brokeback Mountain.

Daniel Radcliff? = Harry Potter.  I think he'll alway be seen as the kid wizzard.

Harisson? Ford = Han Solo or Indiana Jones.  He has many movies, but I can only see him as these two.

Viggo Mortenson = Aragorn.  No one plays it better.

Elijah Wood = Frodo Beggins.  Can't even remember anything else he's in.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: manhattangirl on Jun 05, 2007, 04:16 PM
Harrison Ford--Jack Ryan

Glenda Jackson--Elizabeth I

Derek Jacobi--Claudius

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: KitKat on Jun 05, 2007, 08:51 PM
Christopher Reeve will always be Superman.
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on Jun 08, 2007, 10:18 PM
Madeline Kahn       Elizabeth       Young Frankenstein
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: welshwitch on Jun 08, 2007, 11:31 PM
In the TV version, Colin Firth as Mr Darcy, and in the same role many years ago, when TV was black and white Alan Badel in the same role.

Then Alan Rickman as Slope in Barchester Chronicles on TV.

And the entire casr of "Kiss Me Kate".
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on Jun 08, 2007, 11:58 PM
TV?    Leo McKern       Rumpole        Rumpole of the Bailey
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on Jun 09, 2007, 12:04 AM
TV? 

William Shatner - Star Trek - Capt. James T. Kirk
Patrick Stewart - Star Trek Next Generation - Capt.  Jean-Luc Picard

The list about the different Star Trek series is endless...
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: jackster on Jun 09, 2007, 04:57 AM
TV?

Raymond Burr is Perry Mason.

Your honor, that is incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial!!
(https://ennisjack.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi139.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq313%2Fjackster545%2Fperry.jpg&hash=3fb957b4c11618cfb0e04965181fa8acb53ef327)
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: chameau on Jun 09, 2007, 03:31 PM
TV?

Sally Field - Sister Bertrille - The Flying Nun

Bob Denver - Gilligan - Gilligan's Island

OT!  Why all of a suddent I feel old?  :s)
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: manhattangirl on Jun 09, 2007, 04:38 PM
Don't feel bad Cham,

Don Adams-Maxwell Smart  "Get Smart"

Robert Vaungh-Napoleon Solo "Man from U.N.C.L.E."

Age ain't nothin' but a number

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on Jun 09, 2007, 05:58 PM
Gilda Radner    Roseanne Rosanna Dana, Emily Litella, Lisa Lupner,           Saturday Night Live
                         and on and on 


It's not just just a number Cham - the higher it gets the longer your opportunity to shed a little light in the cave, make it a little less scary for the scared....   :*(
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on Jun 09, 2007, 08:10 PM
Carroll O'Connor - Archie Bunker - All in the Family
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: manhattangirl on Jun 09, 2007, 09:28 PM




Jean Stapleton-Edith "ding bat" Bunker -  "All in the Family"

Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: aintfoolin on Jun 09, 2007, 09:44 PM
  Adam West-----Batman
 
   Burt Ward------Robin  (my first love),  somethin about them  tights, I swear......
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: zephK on Jun 09, 2007, 09:54 PM
  Adam West-----Batman
 
   Burt Ward------Robin  (my first love),  somethin about them  tights, I swear......


    Robin     <^(
Title: Re: Actors that become.....
Post by: City Slickin' Cowboy on Jun 09, 2007, 10:44 PM
Rue McClanahan - Blanche Deveraux - The Golden Girls <^( <^(
(she was true "pearl clutcher."  (:)  ;D )