Brokeback Mountain Forum @ ennisjack.com
The Movie & Story => News Coverage, Reviews & Awards => Topic started by: PeterPiperBoy on Aug 02, 2006, 02:13 AM
-
...I was on You Tube...earlier tonight...checking out all of the various music videos made in honor of "Brokeback Mountain"! :s)
...and I came across old footage of Itzhak Perlman's violin performance of the different Oscar nominated scores from this year! Of course, he saved the best for last when he played 'The Wings'! <^(
...I was blown away of hearing this version of "The Wings" played in orchestrated form...with a touch of choir accompaniment!!! Not to mention...seeing clips from the movie in the background!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!! MY JAR DROPPED!!! :d)
...But, what got me pissed...was some of the other comments made by other You Tube users about "BrokeBack Mountain"s score! ^*)
...Some of the them were saying that "Brokeback Mountain's film score wasn't as "interesting as the rest of the movies" score that were nominated! "It lacked emotion!" ^*()
...Of course...I wasn't gonna let them get away with this...I posted some comments of my own on the board too...shutting alot of mouths up!!! %(
...Check out Itzhak Perlman's and Bill Conti's orchestrated rendition of BrokeBack Mountain and the rest of the Academy Award nominated film scores and let me know what you think? Go to You Tube.com and type in "Itzhak Perlman @ the 2006 Oscars"!
Peace!!! :c)
-
Thank you very much, PeterPiperBoy, for shutting up the barbarians.
The music of BBM is simple but very beatiful, IMO. In the orchestral dress that was played at the Oscars, "The Wings" really takes flight.
John Williams scores are quite sophisticated. But, as in music, orchestration must be distinguished from the music itself.
-
That's great. Could you post a link?
-
That's great. Could you post a link?
I always loved this rendition to the music by Gustavo.
Adrian.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=43lupRnvCj0
-
Thank you so much Adrian :^^)
I love how it ends with the image of Ennis embracing Jack from behind.
-
link still working http://youtube.com/watch?v=8TonKZRzSBI
-
link still working http://youtube.com/watch?v=8TonKZRzSBI
One of my favorite interpretation of BBM piece. As much as I am still sore from that punch by 2006 Oscars, the last image of dozy embrace on the big screen still touches me.
Glad to see the clip is still there.
-
One of my favorite interpretation of BBM piece. As much as I am still sore from that punch by 2006 Oscars, the last image of dozy embrace on the big screen still touches me.
Glad to see the clip is still there.
I know, I love it...and the fact that it was used on your award and message tribute at the end, makes it even more special