Brokeback Mountain Forum @ ennisjack.com

The Movie & Story => Characters, Quotes & Scenes => Topic started by: ethan on Jan 20, 2006, 06:06 PM

Title: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: ethan on Jan 20, 2006, 06:06 PM
I have read or seen some scenes which are not in the movie. I wish I have the pic to remind.

One came to my mind is - in the trailer, there is one scene where Ennis and Jack were in the car. When could this take place? When they were going to the Motel? That is the only one I could think of the possibility.

Any other scenes?
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: Toadily on Jan 20, 2006, 06:10 PM
In the short story it says that when driving down Ennis felt he was going into oblivion or something so they obviously filmed it but left it out.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Jan 20, 2006, 06:23 PM
Someone sent me a picture of Ledger as if he were about to dive into the water.  The source claims it is a clip from a scene from the first fishing trip that was not included in the final movie version.  It does look genuine and  NOT like it was clobbered together or edited electronically (as there are a lot of these -- supposedly showing both Ledger and Gyllenhaal -- flooding the internet).

It shows Ledger in full frontal nudity.  I cannot post this picture, for decency's sake.  It may have been one of the pics that Ang Lee mentioned in one of his interviews.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Jan 20, 2006, 06:36 PM
Incidentally, there is one scene in the screenplay that seems to be missing in the final cut.

During their second fishing trip ('fish should be jumpin.'), the screenplay says that when Ennis arrives late at the campsite where Jack is already settled, he offers Jack a package containing beans, and Jack comments that he hopes that he can prepare them like he did before during their first summer.  Perhaps they filmed this scene, but since it is does not appear in the final cut or any of the production pictures or the trailer, I am not sure if this was ever filmed.

Also according to the screenplay, the scene following this missing scene about beans shows Ennis and Jack riding, and Jack tells Ennis that he hopes he can lasso a cayote.  Ennis responds in a way that shows his doubts about Jack's skills.

Initially, I thought this cayote scene was never filmed or was cut from the final version.  But on my 4th viewing, I did hear Jack's line about the cayote during the scene immediately following the one showing them riding on very deep mountain moss.  Gyllenhaal's voice is so faint and is almost rendered inaudible by the soundtrack that you would miss this line about the cayote if you were not looking for it intentionally or if you were unaware of the screenplay's sequencing of scenes.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: rabjr1 on Jan 20, 2006, 11:55 PM
Someone sent me a picture of Ledger as if he were about to dive into the water.  The source claims it is a clip from a scene from the first fishing trip that was not included in the final movie version.  It does look genuine and  NOT like it was clobbered together or edited electronically (as there are a lot of these -- supposedly showing both Ledger and Gyllenhaal -- flooding the internet).

It shows Ledger in full frontal nudity.  I cannot post this picture, for decency's sake.  It may have been one of the pics that Ang Lee mentioned in one of his interviews.

got that one too and it made me question about Jake's absence form the picture - stand in?  If you read tha book/screenplay we get a little insite about Jack umm.......anatomoically speaking.  When John Twist pees on little Jack because he makes a mess as a child trying to rush to the bathroom. 
there could be an anatomical reason why Jake is using a stunt double.  If you get my drift.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: bobcarn on Jan 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
Incidentally, there is one scene in the screenplay that seems to be missing in the final cut.

During their second fishing trip ('fish should be jumpin.'), the screenplay says that when Ennis arrives late at the campsite where Jack is already settled, he offers Jack a package containing beans, and Jack comments that he hopes that he can prepare them like he did before during their first summer.  Perhaps they filmed this scene, but since it is does not appear in the final cut or any of the production pictures or the trailer, I am not sure if this was ever filmed.

Also according to the screenplay, the scene following this missing scene about beans shows Ennis and Jack riding, and Jack tells Ennis that he hopes he can lasso a cayote.  Ennis responds in a way that shows his doubts about Jack's skills.

Initially, I thought this cayote scene was never filmed or was cut from the final version.  But on my 4th viewing, I did hear Jack's line about the cayote during the scene immediately following the one showing them riding on very deep mountain moss.  Gyllenhaal's voice is so faint and is almost rendered inaudible by the soundtrack that you would miss this line about the cayote if you were not looking for it intentionally or if you were unaware of the screenplay's sequencing of scenes.

That's a very sore subject with Heath Ledger. Apparently, a paparazi somehow got to the location and photographed him. Security was supposed to prevent that from happening. Michelle Williams, in an interview, said that Ledger was elated when he finished that night because he was happy with the scene, then really hurt when the pic of him started floating aorund the net.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: Walford on Jan 21, 2006, 03:23 AM
In the trailer, we hear Jack say, "Well, if we're goin a be workin together, I reckon we ought a start drinkin together."   Not in the movie.

I hope th DVD has an "uncut" or "director's cut" version.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: *Froggy* on Jan 21, 2006, 03:22 PM
One came to my mind is - in the trailer, there is one scene where Ennis and Jack were in the car. When could this take place? When they were going to the Motel? That is the only one I could think of the possibility.

Could it be the morning after they first meet...they were supposed to come back to Aguirre's trailer , and then taken to get the sheep!!
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: shieldmaid on Jan 21, 2006, 04:11 PM
Also, one of my favorite scenes from the trailer doesn't appear in the movie (I don't think so, anyway)--when we see Jack standing on a log over a river, shirtless but wearing a hat and jeans, rubbing the back of his neck.  The voiceover at this point says, "You don't know how bad it gets."  Before seeing the movie, I always imagined that this scene might take place the morning after they had been together, and Jack was reflecting on how they would be parted again soon, and there was nothing he could do about it.   :(
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: *Froggy* on Jan 21, 2006, 04:12 PM
Also, one of my favorite scenes from the trailer doesn't appear in the movie (I don't think so, anyway)--when we see Jack standing on a log over a river, shirtless but wearing a hat and jeans, rubbing the back of his neck.  The voiceover at this point says, "You don't know how bad it gets."  Before seeing the movie, I always imagined that this scene might take place the morning after they had been together, and Jack was reflecting on how they would be parted again soon, and there was nothing he could do about it.   :(

nice scene!!

I can't wait for the DVD........please please...may we have loads of deleted scenes!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: Buddy on Jan 21, 2006, 08:04 PM
Just checked out the easy to find nude Heath.
Wouldn't kick him out of my bed...
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: *Froggy* on Jan 21, 2006, 08:09 PM
Just checked out the easy to find nude Heath.
Wouldn't kick him out of my bed...

nor would I  ;D
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: *Froggy* on Jan 21, 2006, 09:02 PM
What about the garage scene we see in the trailer?

And also the scenes from from Lureen and Jack and Jack Jr?
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: ellye on Jan 23, 2006, 08:42 PM
Someone sent me a picture of Ledger as if he were about to dive into the water.  The source claims it is a clip from a scene from the first fishing trip that was not included in the final movie version.  It does look genuine and  NOT like it was clobbered together or edited electronically (as there are a lot of these -- supposedly showing both Ledger and Gyllenhaal -- flooding the internet).

It shows Ledger in full frontal nudity.  I cannot post this picture, for decency's sake.  It may have been one of the pics that Ang Lee mentioned in one of his interviews.

got that one too and it made me question about Jake's absence form the picture - stand in?  If you read tha book/screenplay we get a little insite about Jack umm.......anatomoically speaking.  When John Twist pees on little Jack because he makes a mess as a child trying to rush to the bathroom. 
there could be an anatomical reason why Jake is using a stunt double.  If you get my drift.

From what I've read it's simpler than that. Jake doesn't like heights!  :) He's not comfortable with heights and you needed to be for that shot so they used a body double to jump in the water.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: ethan on Jan 23, 2006, 09:34 PM
From what I've read it's simpler than that. Jake doesn't like heights!  :) He's not comfortable with heights and you needed to be for that shot so they used a body double to jump in the water.

Just to clarify the nude photo of Heath is an incident, not a cut scene. I am really sorry for Heath.

ellye is right. Jake was simply afraid of heights and a body double was needed. One more thing to pay close attention in the viewing - the body double.

Now if I may ask you to stay in topic for the discussion of cut scenes. Thank you.  :)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: chameau on Jan 23, 2006, 09:45 PM
Quote
Quote from: shieldmaid on Jan 21, 2006, 04:11 PM
Also, one of my favorite scenes from the trailer doesn't appear in the movie (I don't think so, anyway)--when we see Jack standing on a log over a river, shirtless but wearing a hat and jeans, rubbing the back of his neck.  The voiceover at this point says, "You don't know how bad it gets."  Before seeing the movie, I always imagined that this scene might take place the morning after they had been together, and Jack was reflecting on how they would be parted again soon, and there was nothing he could do about it.   


nice scene!!

I can't wait for the DVD........please please...may we have loads of deleted scenes!!!!!!!

I don't think Ang Lee would do this.  He is a very conscientious artist.  What he delivered is the final cut.  Sorry to rain on your parade but my bet is, the DVD will be the exact same version as the one on big screen, no deleted scenes.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: Walford on Jan 23, 2006, 11:43 PM
Supposedly all frontal nudity on Jack and Ennis was edited out, but I DEFINITELY saw significant floppage on both Ledger and the stunt-double in the cliff scene.   8)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: XWing on Jan 24, 2006, 12:32 AM
What about the garage scene we see in the trailer?

And also the scenes from from Lureen and Jack and Jack Jr?

Jack Jr.? I thought their son was named Bobby. There are several references to that name; once when Jack was looking for his parka and asked about getting a tutor for the kid, and then at Thanksgiving.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: jakeofrome on Jan 24, 2006, 08:52 AM
Unless this is just a photo on the set (I doubt that as both Jake and Heath look like they are acting to me), this one scene is missing as well

(https://ennisjack.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.madonnatribe.net%2Fi_01%2Fbbm8.jpg&hash=387ab08eef18b04203ca41e44c0f386c621d16ee)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Jan 24, 2006, 12:48 PM
Unless this is just a photo on the set (I doubt that as both Jake and Heath look like they are acting to me), this one scene is missing as well

(https://ennisjack.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.madonnatribe.net%2Fi_01%2Fbbm8.jpg&hash=387ab08eef18b04203ca41e44c0f386c621d16ee)

Love that coffee pot!  ;)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: chameau on Jan 24, 2006, 07:30 PM
Cant recall seeing Jack in a t-shirt during the movie.

You could take the coffe pot.

I'll take Ennis.  ;)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Jan 25, 2006, 01:48 PM
Cant recall seeing Jack in a t-shirt during the movie.


I think Jack was always wearing a t-shirt underneath the fabled shirt in the beginning scenes on Brokeback Mountain.

Quote
You could take the coffe pot.

I'll take Ennis.  ;)

Who gets Jack?  ;)

Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: chameau on Jan 25, 2006, 05:52 PM
Quote
Quote from: chameau on Yesterday at 07:30:04pm
Cant recall seeing Jack in a t-shirt during the movie.



I think Jack was always wearing a t-shirt underneath the fabled shirt in the beginning scenes on Brokeback Mountain.


Quote
You could take the coffe pot.

I'll take Ennis. 


Who gets Jack? 

Jim might be interested   :P
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: Apollonos on Jan 26, 2006, 01:20 AM
I'll take him!  ;D
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: oliver701 on Jan 26, 2006, 08:59 PM
YOU can't have him. He's mine! ;) Wishful thinking. I love the insights to the movie everyone. I have seen it three times.. waiting to see it again :P

I think that there will be interview-like stuff on the DVD, not deleted scenes, unfortunately. Can't wait to see them on Oprah tomorrow... a must tape.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Jan 27, 2006, 08:36 AM
YOU can't have him. He's mine! ;)

You'll get in trouble once Ennis finds out! ;)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: *Froggy* on Jan 27, 2006, 01:50 PM
YOU can't have him. He's mine! ;)

You'll get in trouble once Ennis finds out! ;)

Nah...I'll keep Ennis busy...do take Jack away for a few hours ..pliz! ;D
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: stickler on Jan 27, 2006, 03:43 PM
*sigh* ... I've finally figured out why theres a cowboy in the YMCA ...
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: Apollonos on Jan 28, 2006, 05:49 AM
Quote
Quote from: tpe on Yesterday at 05:36:43
Quote from: oliver701 on 26 January 2006, 17:59:06
YOU can't have him. He's mine!

You'll get in trouble once Ennis finds out!

Nah...I'll keep Ennis busy...do take Jack away for a few hours ..pliz!

Hmm. I can see there's only one solution to this dilemma: we'll have to take both Jack and Ennis to Kamino and create a clone army so there will be enough to go around!
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: Patriot1 on Jan 28, 2006, 06:58 AM
Who gets Jack?  ;)


Me?  Please?
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: francis.shim on Jan 28, 2006, 07:46 AM
*sigh* ... I've finally figured out why theres a cowboy in the YMCA ...

.... named Randy, right!!!! lol

Peace,
Frank
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: francis.shim on Jan 28, 2006, 07:49 AM
Quote
Quote from: tpe on Yesterday at 05:36:43
Quote from: oliver701 on 26 January 2006, 17:59:06
YOU can't have him. He's mine!

You'll get in trouble once Ennis finds out!

Nah...I'll keep Ennis busy...do take Jack away for a few hours ..pliz!

Hmm. I can see there's only one solution to this dilemma: we'll have to take both Jack and Ennis to Kamino and create a clone army so there will be enough to go around!


Oh... and then you go... "One for you, one for me, two for you and ... two ... for ... me" ?
... I don't think so.

Peace,
Frank
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: *Froggy* on Jan 28, 2006, 09:29 AM
Hmm. I can see there's only one solution to this dilemma: we'll have to take both Jack and Ennis to Kamino and create a clone army so there will be enough to go around!


Clones..no probs, as long as I get the original (you never know what a clone will turn out to be these days! LOL)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: rabjr1 on Jan 28, 2006, 09:32 AM


       Oh boy, I can see "Restraining Order" ALL over this one.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: *Froggy* on Jan 28, 2006, 09:36 AM


       Oh boy, I can see "Restraining Order" ALL over this one.

 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D............ :P
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: honestjoe1959 on Feb 21, 2006, 09:53 PM
regarding john twist and the bathroom scene in the short story...

jack's dad was uncircumsized; jack was not.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: Rod on Feb 23, 2006, 05:14 PM
I have read or seen some scenes which are not in the movie. I wish I have the pic to remind.

One came to my mind is - in the trailer, there is one scene where Ennis and Jack were in the car. When could this take place? When they were going to the Motel? That is the only one I could think of the possibility.

Any other scenes?

I happened to buy a script on ebay from the film, there were several scenes in it that were not included in the movie, hopefully they will added to the DVD, and some scenes in the script I got were changed later for the film.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: *Froggy* on Feb 23, 2006, 06:35 PM
I happened to buy a script on ebay from the film, there were several scenes in it that were not included in the movie, hopefully they will added to the DVD, and some scenes in the script I got were changed later for the film.

Hi Rod,
Can you share some with us???
Thankx
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: ethan on Feb 23, 2006, 06:53 PM
I heard there is a version of script dated in 2003 which is not the same as the one published in the from story to screenplay book.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: Rod on Feb 23, 2006, 07:34 PM
I happened to buy a script on ebay from the film, there were several scenes in it that were not included in the movie, hopefully they will added to the DVD, and some scenes in the script I got were changed later for the film.

Hi Rod,
Can you share some with us???
Thankx

sure but of course I have no idea which of the many scripts are out there and/or time frame...and some of these aren't "new" scenes just changed scenes...
1. Ennis in the truck coming to town talking to the driver and then asking directions from guys (u see them in the trailers) who work at a garage.
2. Much longer scene in the bar after meeting at Aquirres trailer.
3. Both spent the night in Jack's truck, Jack sleeping, Ennis sitting there smoking awake.
4.  In this one Ennis get in the tent (THE NIGHT) but doesn't get under the bedroll, later Jack wakes him up and he does.
5. Next night Jack is in the bedroll and Ennis is dressing to head up to the sheep.
6. When the sheep get mixed up with the Chiliean sheepherders, Jack kinda takes charge and shows of  in front of Ennis until he realizes the Chilean sheperds do not speak English, then he is kinda crestfallen.
7. Scene right after Ennis and Alman get married they are in the truck doing doughnuts in the snow and the hit a snow bank.
8. When Jack tries to pick up the rodeo clown, the guy goes and sits with his friends.
9. A scene where Lureen and Jack have their pictures taken at the rodeo where they meet.
10. A scene where Monroe delivers groceries and flirts with Alma.
11. In the motel room more dialogue with Ennis and Jack. (In the movie most of this dialogue was moved to the I wish I knew how to quit you scene.
12. Christmas pageant with Ennis and family.
13. Another quick flirt scene with Alma and Monroe.
14. Postcard from Ennis to Jack...Divorce final, E.
15. Jack in a bar in Mexico.
16. Jack walks out of the house during the Thanksgiving scene.
17.  Ennis driving back home after the fight in the road on Thanksgiving..spittin blood out the window.
18. Jack and Lureen pick up the couple who's car broke down on the way to the Charity Ball.
19. Jack and Randall have a "look" at each other while Jack is dancing with Lashawn.
20. Ennis and Cassie at the drive in watching Star Wars.  Ennis wants to get their money back.
21. A scene where Jack picks Ennis up in his new truck, (after Lureen's dad died).
22. Cassie finds Ennis at the the restaurant, she has been driving around looking for him, she had been crying.
23.  When Ennis is trying to figure out how Jack died, he sees the scene where the guy around his home place was killed but the dead man had Jack's face.
24. Scene where Ennis is trying to find the postcard of Brokeback to hang with his and Jack's shirt.
25. Last scene he tacks the postcard on the wall beside the shirts, they are not in closet out in plain site on the wall. Jack, I swear....
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: *Froggy* on Feb 23, 2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks Rod...

2003 you say Ethan! Interesting ;D
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: rebecca on Feb 26, 2006, 10:46 AM
 :-*help me please! anyone can upload those cut scenes here? i want to see and i want to download.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: *Froggy* on Feb 26, 2006, 03:32 PM
Not available yet...wait for the DVD
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: Cowboy Cody on Feb 26, 2006, 06:33 PM
1. Jack's mine, and I'll rassle anyone for him! hahaha

2. Sometimes the papparazzi goes to far. Sneakin' in to take pics, It is a business but is it really fair to do so?

3. I want a DVD with all the cut scenes included. I hope Ang Lee does, but i wouldn't bet on it!
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: cara1158 on Mar 02, 2006, 11:36 AM
With such a gut/heart wrenching movie, I wonder if there will be any "bloopers" included in the DVD?!  I doubt it.  But it would sure be fun to watch!
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: sam on Mar 02, 2006, 11:42 PM
What about the garage scene we see in the trailer?

And also the scenes from from Lureen and Jack and Jack Jr?

Jack Jr.? I thought their son was named Bobby. There are several references to that name; once when Jack was looking for his parka and asked about getting a tutor for the kid, and then at Thanksgiving.


Hmmm, I also thought that his name was "Bobby" in the movie...

"See? I can already see
what little Bobby looks like."

"Bobby, if you don't eat your dinner..."

"You know, you're worse than Bobby
when it comes to losin' stuff."

I had a copy of 'one' of the screenplay's sent to me last week, (dunno which one tho...maybe the one dating from 2003) and in it, Ennis' two girls are called: FRANCINE and Alma Jr., and not JENNY and Alma Jr. (<--like in the film).

I thought that this was strange...and wondered why they changed the name...

Title: What scenes would you have added/lengthened or removed/shortened?
Post by: rose on Feb 19, 2009, 04:30 PM
If you could change scenes in the movie, what would you have done differently? For instance, I would have added a scene where Ennis and Jack slow danced on Brokeback Mountain (it's random, yes, but I would have loved to see it there  <^( ) and I would have shortened some of the scenes with Jack and Ennis's wives/girlfriends/kids, because it made it seem like the movie was more about the married life of Jack and Ennis seperately, not about the two of them together.

Also, this is totally  *o) but I live with my parents and I've wanted to read the book and watch the movie again (I watched the movie once in deep secrecy at 3 am) and I wonder what it would take for me to get a little privacy... my parents would keel over (t) if they knew that I'm a Brokie.  ;D
Title: Re: What scenes would you have added/lengthened or removed/shortened?
Post by: Tony on Feb 19, 2009, 09:24 PM
   This is a tough one, because we have the film kind of indelibly printed in our minds.  Myself, Rose, I don't mind the family scenes as I think they are critical to understanding the characters when away from each other.  But, here's some maybe's:

 - the mix-up with the Chilean sheep could have been written and done better.
 - after they dove off the cliff into the water, they should have shown them in the water, swimming (icy cold as it was).
 - the motel scene could have had about a minute more of dialogue.
 - the Mexican prostitute should have been better looking  ::)

 But it's an interesting question and I wonder what others might think.
Title: Re: What scenes would you have added/lengthened or removed/shortened?
Post by: tpe on Feb 20, 2009, 08:46 AM
Hmmm.  I think there was a similar discussion about this in the past.  Some members did note that they would have slashed off a bit of the scenes with the wives. 

But I think I also noted before that the scenes certainly moved the story fuurther along.  They were necessary in terms of development -- to prepare the groundwork of what was to happen soon after.  And indeed, don't you feel the release after the long separation ends with that wonderful reunion kiss?  :)  The tension that gradually built up in all the prior scenes with the wives served the purpose very well. ;)

Nonetheless, I do agree with you that I would have preferred more Ennis and Jack screentime.  ;)



 
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: chameau on Feb 20, 2009, 09:22 AM
Thomas is right, this was already discussed so we merged your thread to this one and it is a nice opportunity to revive the discussion.  :)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Feb 20, 2009, 09:26 AM
Thomas is right, this was already discussed so we merged your thread to this one and it is a nice opportunity to revive the discussion.  :)

Thanks Cham.  :) 

Rose, I hope you don't mind the merge.  We can continue the discussion here, as I think it is good to talk about this further...  :)

Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: rose on Feb 20, 2009, 12:38 PM
I totally didn't see that thread...  ~)

Thanks for merging them! It's a great chance to keep this discussion going. :d)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: chameau on Feb 20, 2009, 08:59 PM
No need to be sorry rose, this topic is just waking up and thanks for posting.  ^f^
Title: Re: What scenes would you have added/lengthened or removed/shortened?
Post by: ethan on Feb 20, 2009, 11:22 PM
I also agree with tpe and Tony that the scenes with wives and what went on in their lives separately are important.

Since there is some discrepancy between SS and movie, some may wish more or less of the screen time between Ennis and Jack. Like Tony, I wish the motel scene would be longer because it was a turning point for Ennis. The initiation of Ennis kissing Jack at the reunion clearly demonstrated his feelings toward Jack.

I thought the movie was long when I saw it for the first time not knowing what to expect. But now, I wish it could just run forever. Well there were 20 years of relationship to tell.
Title: Re: What scenes would you have added/lengthened or removed/shortened?
Post by: tpe on Feb 23, 2009, 09:08 AM
I also agree with tpe and Tony that the scenes with wives and what went on in their lives separately are important.

Since there is some discrepancy between SS and movie, some may wish more or less of the screen time between Ennis and Jack. Like Tony, I wish the motel scene would be longer because it was a turning point for Ennis. The initiation of Ennis kissing Jack at the reunion clearly demonstrated his feelings toward Jack.

I thought the movie was long when I saw it for the first time not knowing what to expect. But now, I wish it could just run forever. Well there were 20 years of relationship to tell.

I also felt that the motel scene could have been given a bit more treatment.  The reunion kiss was passionate, but I don't think showing a little bit of the passion upon reaching the motel room would not have hurt.  Of course, the movie and the ss pretty much begin the scene when they are all spent and enjoying their company after sex.  The ss has a bit of the upper hand here, IMO, because it evokes a very visceral image of the room and their positions -- barely suggested in the movie.

Title: Re: What scenes would you have added/lengthened or removed/shortened?
Post by: vedrana on Feb 23, 2009, 12:27 PM
If you could change scenes in the movie, what would you have done differently? For instance, I would have added a scene where Ennis and Jack slow danced on Brokeback Mountain (it's random, yes, but I would have loved to see it there  <^( ) and I would have shortened some of the scenes with Jack and Ennis's wives/girlfriends/kids, because it made it seem like the movie was more about the married life of Jack and Ennis seperately, not about the two of them together.

Also, this is totally  *o) but I live with my parents and I've wanted to read the book and watch the movie again (I watched the movie once in deep secrecy at 3 am) and I wonder what it would take for me to get a little privacy... my parents would keel over (t) if they knew that I'm a Brokie.  ;D

Is there such a scene?

Coz it sounds beautiful - the two of them dancing... <^( <^( <^(
Title: Re: What scenes would you have added/lengthened or removed/shortened?
Post by: vedrana on Feb 23, 2009, 12:36 PM
   This is a tough one, because we have the film kind of indelibly printed in our minds.  Myself, Rose, I don't mind the family scenes as I think they are critical to understanding the characters when away from each other.  But, here's some maybe's:

 - the mix-up with the Chilean sheep could have been written and done better.
- after they dove off the cliff into the water, they should have shown them in the water, swimming (icy cold as it was).
 - the motel scene could have had about a minute more of dialogue.
 - the Mexican prostitute should have been better looking  ::)

 But it's an interesting question and I wonder what others might think.

I agree with all of it, but the bold is the same as I thought (or maybe even posted somewhere)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Feb 24, 2009, 08:43 AM
Jack seemed to have preferred the more rugged type, correct?

In any case, I didn't think any of the other men Jack casually "associated" with was especially attractive, although they had the more masculine feel to them, as opposed to an ephebe.

The scene in the alley.  The shadows they disappeared into hid a dead end, so I suppose they did what they did semi-public -- standing up.  I am gald that THAT wasn't elaborated on.  ;)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: vedrana on Feb 24, 2009, 11:04 AM
It was very powerful scene, the music and the darkness and the sadness...  :(

I am not sure if they did it semi-public, I'd like to think not. But it was left undefined like many other things.. :s)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: myprivatejack on Feb 24, 2009, 11:38 AM
Jack seemed to have preferred the more rugged type, correct?

In any case, I didn't think any of the other men Jack casually "associated" with was especially attractive, although they had the more masculine feel to them, as opposed to an ephebe.

The scene in the alley.  The shadows they disappeared into hid a dead end, so I suppose they did what they did semi-public -- standing up.  I am gald that THAT wasn't elaborated on.  ;)
For me this scene is well enough as it has been done.Only a shot to show the kind of meanness where homosexuality linked with poverty was,the kind of "another world" far away from BBM,Ennis and Jack could find by feeling as they did.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Feb 25, 2009, 09:13 AM
It was very powerful scene, the music and the darkness and the sadness...  :(

I am not sure if they did it semi-public, I'd like to think not. But it was left undefined like many other things.. :s)

There was something deeply mocking and ironic in the music of that scene, especially when taken with the scene in the alley itself...

Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Feb 25, 2009, 09:16 AM
For me this scene is well enough as it has been done.Only a shot to show the kind of meanness where homosexuality linked with poverty was,the kind of "another world" far away from BBM,Ennis and Jack could find by feeling as they did.

I feel the same way.  And the darkness was forgiving.  It would have been most unpleasant and squalid for many of us to see what was happening in a strong light.

Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: vedrana on Feb 25, 2009, 09:47 AM
I'd like to ask again -was there a scene where two of them dance but it was cut? Or is it only someone's wish? :s)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: rose on Feb 25, 2009, 04:22 PM
I'd like to ask again -was there a scene where two of them dance but it was cut? Or is it only someone's wish? :s)
The dancing scene wasn't in the movie... I just thought it would have been beautiful to see. <^(
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: vedrana on Feb 25, 2009, 04:32 PM
The dancing scene wasn't in the movie... I just thought it would have been beautiful to see. <^(

 %&) You made me dream.... ::)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Feb 26, 2009, 09:28 AM
The dancing scene wasn't in the movie... I just thought it would have been beautiful to see. <^(

I agree.  :)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: lila70 on Aug 26, 2009, 12:21 AM
Check out this website, http://www.findingbrokeback.com/, specifically the Deleted Scenes section.
It shows not only photos from the deleted scenes, but also excerpts from the script.  For example, the "Sneering Mechanics" scene showed up briefly in the trailer.  There is anothe scene of JAck and Ennis in the truck being driven to the sheep staging area the morning after the bar scene.
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Aug 31, 2009, 07:40 AM
Another well-known early site that posted high-quality pix from deleted scenes is www.Eusebius.cz
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: myprivatejack on Aug 31, 2009, 10:47 AM
Thank you for the links,friends ก  :^^) :^^)
Title: Re: Any Cut Scenes?
Post by: tpe on Sep 01, 2009, 08:39 AM
You're welocme, MPJ!  :)