Author Topic: What Would Ennis Do With Jack's Ashes?  (Read 28124 times)

Offline JT

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 3954
  • Gender: Male
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
Re: What Would Ennis Do With Jack's Ashes?
« Reply #60 on: Apr 17, 2007, 06:54 PM »
I think he would finally say that one word that he never told Jack while he was living.   He would actually say the word "Love".    He knew of the word, he knew what he meant.  He ask Alma, Jr. when she told him of her marriage, " Does he loves you?"  he knew the importance of this little word.

Would he finally say, "I love you, Jack" as Jack's ashes was let go over Brokeback?

I believe he would.  He finally understood the depth of Jack's love for him.

Offline JT

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 3954
  • Gender: Male
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
Re: What Would Ennis Do With Jack's Ashes?
« Reply #61 on: Apr 17, 2007, 07:04 PM »
Indeed, a killer thread.

I wonder if Ennis would even consider breathing Jack's ashes.

Whne my father was cremated, I remember distinctly watching as they opened the canister where they ground the remains of his calcified bones.  When they opened the canister, a cloud of ash puffed out, and, being near, I could not help but breath some of it in...

Call this morbid: for me, it was intensely moving.



First of all, hugs to you, TPE.  Some people believe that by taking in our love ones ashes, either by breathing in or swallowing, we we're making them part of us forever.  Others put ashes in a locket to be worn.  They all seem valid to me.  They are ways to keep our love ones near us. 

I don't know if Ennis will keep part of Jack's ashes, but the shirts represent the same thing for him.

Offline edgar

  • Alma
  • ****
  • Posts: 244
Re: What Would Ennis Do With Jack's Ashes?
« Reply #62 on: Apr 18, 2007, 12:56 AM »
Indeed, a killer thread.

I wonder if Ennis would even consider breathing Jack's ashes.

Whne my father was cremated, I remember distinctly watching as they opened the canister where they ground the remains of his calcified bones.  When they opened the canister, a cloud of ash puffed out, and, being near, I could not help but breath some of it in...

Call this morbid: for me, it was intensely moving.


Not morbid, Thomas. Thank you for sharing this with us. 

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: What Would Ennis Do With Jack's Ashes?
« Reply #63 on: Apr 18, 2007, 07:40 AM »
Thanks Edgar.

I think a lot of us can empathize directly with the topic of this thread.  It is not a simple detail: the deposition of the ashes of a loved one.  We could not help but put ourselves into Ennis's shoes and try to think of what we might have done with Jack's ashes.