Thank you Kathy and tpe:
As always the both of you, and others in this site give your thoughts and feelings so freely and openly, I really beginning to fall in love with all of you.
Kathy what you offered goes to straight to the question, I just really was getting the feeling as I watch the movie for the upteenth time, that Ennis was dominant in the sense of how the relationship was going to be, "we could meet every once in a while", where it was going to be, "way out in the middle of no where".
I may get a flak for this, but Jack had no problems in using sex, and sexually he dominated Ennis, Ennis could not resist Jack, he needed him, wanted him, and gave into him
Jack would never withhold sex from Ennis, but let it be known he was not his only lover, Ennis must have felt this through the years, He knew Jack had lovers, he just didn't want to deal with it, couldn't deal with it. It came to surface in final confrontation, Ennis wasn't surprise just hurt and angry.
Is it wrong for me to even have the idea that these two men used the only power they had against each other, Ennis's availability, and Jack's body?