Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1729463 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4740 on: Apr 18, 2009, 06:32 AM »
This message was posted on the I'm Not There site on Feb 8 2007, 10:05 PM.

Wow. Everything looks great. It has been a while since I've been able to stop by and see how it's going. You have all done a lot of work and it looks fantastic. Thank you for all of your hard work and support.
I wanted to stop in and say hi before things get so busy.

Keep up the good work, you're going to love this movie.

I really like the section about faith. You are becoming pros at this. You've all become great friends too and that's so important. Be good to one another.

Peace
Heath
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4741 on: Apr 18, 2009, 06:41 AM »
OMG, now when he's not with us any more to find out more and more evidence of how human and dear soul he was....really moving!

Thank you Keren for posting this!  ^f^

You're welcome. He was so down to earth, such a sweet and generous soul. I don't think many actors would take the time to thank their fans like that and let them know how much they appreciate their support.

vedrana

« Reply #4742 on: Apr 18, 2009, 06:47 AM »
I have just stopped over at the Addicted To The Movie Candy blog and forum. Have you seen that place. Really cool! I love that header with the swimming pool. Fascinates me how it looks like water. Very pertinent I think too.

I wanted to thank everyone who is registering there on the forum. This project is very dear and a lot of work but it means a lot to everyone involved. Good going on joining and helping.

I hope you are all well and happy. I hope you enjoy Candy, I'm really proud of this film.

All is well and fine with me and mine and I hope the same for all of you.

Also, T asked me to address something that she says has become an issue. Yes Jake and I are really friends though neither of us gets why that is a deal and yes we see each other. You know how the press is, they never think we might just be having the same kind of friendship as anyone else, most of life is normal not a movie script and because they are not looking for the normal they don't even notice what happens right under their noses. Old Hollywood manufactured romances and friendships just don't exist past the movie set if at all. When told that it had become an issue I was really confused by it's importance. But that's the press for you. If you can't say something nice, great you will sell more publications. It's so funny.

Hope you are well and happy.

Peace
Heath

(t) (t) (t) This beautiful human being is really going to be missed eternally by many of us whom he touched not only with his brilliant performances, but with his honest kindness.

Offline Darnando

• Huh?
  • Alma Jr.
« Reply #4743 on: Apr 18, 2009, 07:48 AM »
Oh, wow, thanks for these posts keren! Honestly, I didn't know Heath really appreciated his fan that much. But, it isn't so big surprise, I mean, it's easy to believe something like that about him.  :)
Yeah, well I'm sick of beans.

vedrana

« Reply #4744 on: Apr 18, 2009, 08:17 AM »
Hope that you'll enjoy one of his interviews about BBM. I know that I did.

Heath Ledger Not a Label Queen

Heath_ledgerTime begins priming folks for Heath Ledger's understated performance in Brokeback Mountain in an article that charts the sequence of cinematic duds he's appeared in...as well as the resurrection of his career in the landmark cowboy film.

Ledger makes some comments that are very similar to the much-commented-on statements that Jake Gyllenhaal made in articles that appeared last week with regard to the approach to the characters of Ennis del Mar and Jack Twist:

Says Ledger: "I don't think Ennis could be labeled as gay. Without Jack Twist, I don't know that he ever would have come out. I think the whole point was that it was two souls that fell in love with each other."

This is perhaps a better articulation of what Jake was trying to say. While the Brokeback story and characters would undeniably be labeled as "gay" from our modern perspective, back then the labels weren't as prevalent.

Even now, Ledger offers, the labels of gay and straight, are too strict and marginalize people who may have attractions to both sexes:

"I don't think it's that black-and-white, and I think because we label it so harshly, there's just a lot of confused people running around thinking, Oh, f___, which side am I on?"

In a recent article in Newsweek, Ledger explained why he feels some straight men get uncomfortable at the notion of a film about cowboys in love: "I suspect it's a fear that they are going to enjoy it. They don't understand that you are not going to become sexually attracted to men by recognizing the beauty of a love story between two men."

Link: http://towleroad.typepad.com/towleroad/2005/11/heath_ledger_no.html

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4745 on: Apr 18, 2009, 10:18 AM »
Thanks Keren for posting these lovely messages from Heath....I remember reading them at the time and just thinking what a great guy Heath was for doing that...its nice to be reminded of them  :)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4746 on: Apr 18, 2009, 03:30 PM »
Thanks,Keren,for showing us one more time how humble and friendly Heath was... :^^) Indeed,not so many Hollywood stars are willing to "descend on earth" to get in touch with his or her fans,talking to them as an equal.And I'm glad also that some stupid gossips about his friendship or not with Jake have been shut up by the same Heath.How a great human being he was¡  :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4747 on: Apr 18, 2009, 03:33 PM »
Thank you also for this Heath interview about BBM,Loreen ¡  :^^) He said some great truths about Ennis and his feelings,showing that he really understood what was passing on his character's mind and heart.. :c)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #4748 on: Apr 19, 2009, 11:15 AM »
I received a couple of those said messages, but when the Candy website got deleted, so did my messages.

same as above they always ended with Peace Heath... sigh
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4749 on: Apr 19, 2009, 12:12 PM »
I received a couple of those said messages, but when the Candy website got deleted, so did my messages.

same as above they always ended with Peace Heath... sigh

Well... I've got a surprise for you honey. your messages (at least one of them) may have been deleted, but they're not lost. Remember you passed the message on to Christie because Heath couldn't pm her personally? well, she saved it, and so did I, and here it is. Heath's message to our froggy.

I am by for a visit with T and we have been going over the site together and she has been talking to me about all of you who have helped so much. I didn't want to let this time pass without personally thanking you for all you have done and for standing by Candy like you have. I don't know if all of you realize what an impact you have had, but it has been huge for a little movie like this and we all appreciate it so much.

T tells me you will see the film this weekend in London. I hope that you like it. It's a really great story and I'm very proud of it.

I also wanted to tell you how nice it is to see a Brokeback Mountain site like ennisjack. T took me there earlier today and I was really pleasantly surprised to see something so different from the rest. It's a very cool place and you should be very proud of it.

I tried to reach your friend Christine but it didn't work. T says that her message box is full. So would you please tell her and Maxine how much I appreciate everything they have done. Have fun in London.

Be well and happy

Peace
Heath

vedrana

« Reply #4750 on: Apr 19, 2009, 12:50 PM »
Well... I've got a surprise for you honey. your messages (at least one of them) may have been deleted, but they're not lost. Remember you passed the message on to Christie because Heath couldn't pm her personally? well, she saved it, and so did I, and here it is. Heath's message to our froggy.

I am by for a visit with T and we have been going over the site together and she has been talking to me about all of you who have helped so much. I didn't want to let this time pass without personally thanking you for all you have done and for standing by Candy like you have. I don't know if all of you realize what an impact you have had, but it has been huge for a little movie like this and we all appreciate it so much.

T tells me you will see the film this weekend in London. I hope that you like it. It's a really great story and I'm very proud of it.

I also wanted to tell you how nice it is to see a Brokeback Mountain site like ennisjack. T took me there earlier today and I was really pleasantly surprised to see something so different from the rest. It's a very cool place and you should be very proud of it.

I tried to reach your friend Christine but it didn't work. T says that her message box is full. So would you please tell her and Maxine how much I appreciate everything they have done. Have fun in London.

Be well and happy

Peace
Heath

OMG, these words are so precious, so priceless...  (:) (:) (:) and he is so dear... (was so dear  :\'()...

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4751 on: Apr 19, 2009, 01:12 PM »
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

vedrana

« Reply #4752 on: Apr 19, 2009, 01:21 PM »
:t) Loreen for the link, very interesting   O0

Hi dear, you're welcome! ^f^

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #4753 on: Apr 19, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Heath, wherever you are, honey, I hope you feel more strongly than ever before our love for you on your Birthday.

Happy Birthday, baby.  I'd give anything to have you here on your milestone 30th birthday... 

Something I just wrote now, as I listened to the light rain on my roof and thought about our darling boy.

April rain is needling down
The windows are forlorn
It should have been a milestone -
This date that you were born.

The Autumn night, it cries for you
Are Perth's skies, too, forlorn?
And the vault above your Northern home -
Is it weeping this Spring morn?

Dispersed throughout the Hemispheres
We that loved you, love you still
And quietly we celebrate your Day
Springtime warmth, Autumn chill

The April rain beckons me
Through the window panes forlorn
I think I'll wander into it
Bless this day that you were born.

Wow - that was just lovely!
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #4754 on: Apr 19, 2009, 02:21 PM »

Be well and happy

Peace
Heath

That is just the coolest thing ever.  God, I'm gonna start crying again... :\'(
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

babytammy7

« Reply #4755 on: Apr 19, 2009, 02:44 PM »

Be well and happy

Peace
Heath

God, I've heard about this since I first joined the forum, and now I've finally read it I still can't believe it. I am so moved that I am totally speechless.  :\'( :\'( :\'( Thank you very much for this, Keren. What a treasure.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4756 on: Apr 19, 2009, 03:25 PM »
He was just one of a kind. I still can't believe he's gone.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4757 on: Apr 19, 2009, 03:46 PM »
I know what you mean, Keren...it still doesnt seem real.... :\'( :\'( 

I remember the message that Froggy sent to me, I nearly fainted with the shock, when I read it and realised who it was from.  Heath sent me another one, just before I went to see Candy at the London Film Festival.

Dear Christie,

I am by for another quick visit. T is making me post. I mean I enjoy it, but I don't want her to know that. I so love to see her when she's frustrated with me.

I am sorry that I missed you earlier with my note of thanks. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate everything that you have done to help promote Candy. I'm very proud of this movie and it's a great thing to see others care for it.

I hope you enjoy the film this weekend.

Peace
Heath
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

vedrana

« Reply #4758 on: Apr 19, 2009, 03:55 PM »
I know what you mean, Keren...it still doesnt seem real.... :\'( :\'( 

I remember the message that Froggy sent to me, I nearly fainted with the shock, when I read it and realised who it was from.  Heath sent me another one, just before I went to see Candy at the London Film Festival.

Dear Christie,

I am by for another quick visit. T is making me post. I mean I enjoy it, but I don't want her to know that. I so love to see her when she's frustrated with me.

I am sorry that I missed you earlier with my note of thanks. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate everything that you have done to help promote Candy. I'm very proud of this movie and it's a great thing to see others care for it.

I hope you enjoy the film this weekend.

Peace
Heath

OMG Christie,

I didn't know how lucky you were girl to get so beautiful words from Heath!  (t) (t) (t)

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #4759 on: Apr 20, 2009, 05:16 AM »
OMG.... did i miss this? did i forget this? how could i have? wasn't i here when it happened?

i knew heath knew about ej... but to have such wonderful messages.. and not only now in the light of what has happened....  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4760 on: Apr 20, 2009, 11:17 AM »
Oh,my,Keren and Christine¡ I didn't know even that Heath knew this forum...You're so lucky for having these messages from Heath,that now are like a real treasure...I repeat that the most I read from and about him,the most I realise he was a kind,friendly and lovely person and that all of us have had a great loss.You have made me cry again... :\'( :\'( :\'(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4761 on: Apr 20, 2009, 12:30 PM »
I feel like I knew him, although I never met him. I feel like he was a part of my life, someone who was actually present in them, and now is missing. I feel like he was a personal friend. he gave me so much, without knowing. and I was so proud of him, and was looking forward to keep following his career, because I knew he had so many more great things to give us. now, every time I read about his plans and all the things that he was involved in, and wanted to do... it's like a stab in the heart. it's like Michelle Williams said, in some ways it just gets worse. with each day I love him more and I miss him more. His loss feels so personal. I still think about him every day, and I still cry. I just don't talk about him so much anymore with the people around me, because I've learned they don't want to hear about it.

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #4762 on: Apr 20, 2009, 02:20 PM »

Be well and happy

Peace
Heath

thank you  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

babytammy7

« Reply #4763 on: Apr 21, 2009, 05:56 AM »
(((Froggy))) :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4764 on: Apr 21, 2009, 10:46 PM »
He was just one of a kind. I still can't believe he's gone.

Thank you SO much for posting these, keren.  Beautiful Heath...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #4765 on: Apr 22, 2009, 11:42 PM »
It is April 22. again I woke up and thinking you are just around.

Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4766 on: Apr 23, 2009, 06:17 AM »

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

~Robert Frost~
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

vedrana

« Reply #4767 on: Apr 23, 2009, 06:57 AM »

Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.
~Robert Frost~

:\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4768 on: Apr 23, 2009, 09:33 AM »

Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

~Robert Frost~

That's so beautiful Barb.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4769 on: Apr 23, 2009, 09:52 AM »
This one is a little more upbeat. I meant to post it on his birthday but didn't want to feel like I was 'overposting.'

I hope you are in a peaceful and happy place.
We feel you here still and will love and remember you always.
Look in on us now and then, will you?
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)