Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1731989 times)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1590 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:51 PM »

Heath Andrew Ledger 1979-2008

What a touching gesture Carby... :\'(

When did you do this, carbyville?  And you got it already?  This is so beautiful...   :\'(

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1591 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:57 PM »
Tony, FlwrChild, thank you for this. I also think that the many like-minded people in this forum are meant to find each other. It is an amazing gift from Heath, for his sensitive soul was the beacon that guided us to this forum. His life was full of serendipity, like I just read that his friend Wes Bently from the "Four Feathers" movie, asked him to take over the role of Sonny in "Monster's Ball". Without that role, who knew what Larry McMurtry would have thought. Diana Ossana would still choose Heath, but sometimes every little bit helps. And his meeting Adam Sutton in "Ned Kelly" inspired his portrayal of Ennis. All his life, Heath kept an open mind to allow life's serendipitous moment to turn on a dime, with every person he met. No wonder so many people who met him had nothing but praise. It must be a wonderful experience, to be embraced, not just physically, but spiritually by someone so intelligent, so kind, so perceptive. The more I know Heath, the deeper the love, and paradoxically, the more bittersweet the grief...a sadder yearning, missing him, but also a sweeter remembrance...

Thanks for this.

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

I love all your words, lancecowboy...but this moves me right now.  Heath's path was a most fascinating one, and aren't we all so glad that we actually got to share it with him...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1592 on: Jan 31, 2008, 12:07 AM »
Originally posted on an Australian site.  I take it as quoted from the Heath Memorial Thread on IHJ:

------------------------------
chica says
I snatched this from an Australian blog, made me cry, and it is the most wonderful piece of work that I have ever read:

Is it right to grieve for someone never known.
Is it right to cry for someone never touched.
Is it right to mourn for someone never kissed.
Is it ok to feel sorrow for one not spoken to.
Is it ok to feel loss for one never seen.
Is it ok to be devastated for one taken from us.
Heath has a smile that makes me smile.
Heath has a voice that makes me listen.
Heath has a heart that makes me love.
For a smile I'll never see
For a voice I'll never hear
For a heart I'll never love.
For a soul so pure
And a beauty so perfect
For a talent so rare.
I'm grieving and crying
I'm mourning, feel lost.
A special heart, a good man
A knight and a legend.
Taken from us too early
When will this pain of losing you heal.
I'll miss you Heath.
Rest in Peace Sweetheart.

*CREDITS TO KARA OF UK!!!*

------------------------------

I love this so much.  I guess I still try to understand why I/we love Heath so much, why his passing is so very personal to us.  This says it beautifully.

kathy

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1593 on: Jan 31, 2008, 12:08 AM »
When did you do this, carbyville?  And you got it already?  This is so beautiful...   :\'(

kathy

I did it on the 24th and they came in the mail this morning. I was surprised they arrived as soon as they did.

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #1594 on: Jan 31, 2008, 02:40 AM »
Just wanted to say - Loretta, that song is beautiful. I couldn't listen at work yesterday when you first posted but I made sure it was the first thing I did this morning, and I'm in tears again - thinking of Brokeback, thinking of Jack, thinking of Ennis and, most importantly, thinking of Heath :\'(

But yes, the cold gray morning always finds me,
It knows not of my dreams and doesn’t care,
And so I rise to face the life I’ve chosen.
But oh, things would be different, Jack…I swear.
The world would be so different, I swear.

Oh man... :\'( :\'( :\'(
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1595 on: Jan 31, 2008, 02:41 AM »
Carby - those plates are incredible. What a wonderful tribute :^^)

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1596 on: Jan 31, 2008, 04:24 AM »
I just posted this over on the fanfic thread in response to a gorgeous story written by our own Christie....but I think maybe it's equally relevant here.

The following lyrics are to a song called One Small Star, written by a singer/songwriter called Eric Bogle who was born in Peebles, Scotland but has lived in Australia for almost 40 years now. The song was actually written just after the tragic shooting at Dunblane Primary School in which 16 primary one kids and their teacher lost their lives....but it's relevant to anyone who has lost someone special.

ONE SMALL STAR (Eric Bogle)

When I need to feel you near me
I stand in this quiet place
With the silver light of countless stars
Falling on my face
Though they all shine so brightly
Somehow it comforts me to know
That some who burn the brightest died
An eternity ago

CHORUS

But your light still shines
It's one small star to guide me
And to help me hold back the dark
Your light's still shining in my heart

I'm learning how to live without you
Though I never thought I could
And even how to smile again
I never thought I would
And to cherish the heart's memories
That can bring you back to life
Though some caress me gently
And some cut me like a knife

CHORUS

Can your soul be out there somewhere
Beyond the infinity of time
I guess you've found some answers now
I'll have to wait for mine
Till my light joins with yours some day
To shine through time and space
And one day fall, in a distant age
Upon some stranger's face

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #1597 on: Jan 31, 2008, 04:32 AM »
Thank you so much for so many wonderful tributes in memory of Heath.  :ghug:
Ditto!!  <^(

That's an amazing collage of pictures of Heath since he was a baby and up till present, I think I played it over and over again for dozen of times now...one thing thou, it has a too happy tune IMO anyway ( it's made for his birthday.. :-\\ ) so I just muted completely the volume.. otherwise it's so sweet and I was crying through all the 8:56 minutes of it...  :\'(  <^(

Another beautiful tributes...

"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1598 on: Jan 31, 2008, 04:36 AM »
... someone said Heath was a rare acting talent that comes maybe once every 20 years. I say Heath was a rare human being that comes along may be once in a life time. I am glad I was privileged to be a witness to his glory, to his love, to his work, and what is most amazing of all, his humility and grounded root in his common-man image of himself. We call him prince, legend, but Heath would blush and distract us with his smile, his fidgeting and change the subject. His humility, above all else, reminds me of Ennis. Perhaps I should say, Ennis' humility came from Heath.

What a beautiful post Andrew, and I agree with you so much. He was both a rare talent and an exceptional person, and yet so humble and down to earth. I know that when people die their friends often say beautiful things about them, but it is rare to hear the things people say about Heath - he really was one of a kind. The more I learn about him, the more I love him.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #1599 on: Jan 31, 2008, 05:01 AM »
Here is a song that is very near and dear to my heart, always was, always will be, and now, in light of current events, the song seemed to have somehow made an even greater impact....as if it had more meaning to it now.

Cat Stevens, Oh Very Young

Oh very young
What will you leave us this time
You're only dancing on this earth for a short while
And though your dreams may toss and turn you now
They will vanish away like your daddy's best jeans
Denim blue fading up to the sky
And though you want them to last forever
You know they never will
You know they never will
And the patches make the goodbye harder still

Oh very young
There'll never be a better chance to change your mind
And if you want this world to see a better day
Will you carry the words of love with you
Will you ride the great white bird into heaven
And though you want to last forever
You know you never will
You know you never will
And the goodbye makes the journey harder still

Oh very young
Oh very young

And another one that is, in my opinion, a marvelous and tremendous song about human emotions and the way we SHOULD cope with them. A person over at IHJ said that if she were Jake, she couldn't finish filming the movie 'Brothers' because she would be in complete emotional turmoil the whole time, and then stated the following: 'I'm not a strong person'. This is what I told her:

'It has absolutely nothing to do with being strong and everything to do with being- human!

but while we're on the subject, a strong person is one that is capable of recognizing his or her emotions and willing to experience them to the end. a 'weak' person is one that tries to hide the truth from him/herself because he/she is afraid of letting emotions take over. so I think that allowing yourself to experience grief ( among other things ) to the fullest makes you ( as in people in general ) very courageous.
so you see, you ARE a strong person.

And that's the message I want to sent out to you guys! You are all SUCH STRONG people! Emotions are strengths, not weaknesses, emotions are the things that define us, tell us who we are and most importantly- tell us we are alive and that we are capable of simply being- human.

So here is the song I mentioned, it's Cat Stevens yet again, he's SUCH an inspiring singer/songwriter and human being:

Don't be shy

Don't be shy just let your feelings roll on by
Don't wear fear or nobody will know you're there
Just lift your head, and let your feelings out instead
And don't be shy, just let your feeling roll on by
On by

You know love is better than a song
Love is where all of us belong
So don't be shy just let your feelings roll on by
You're there

On by, on by, on by, on by, etc.

I hope this little contribution of mine will be of some help, if even a tiny bit!

I love all of you guys, you are such amazing people, capable of SUCH deep emotions that being in your presence ( even if not physically ) gives me a great sense of pride and honour 

Oh very young....

...Heath, I swear!
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1600 on: Jan 31, 2008, 05:26 AM »
I am thrilled we have found this place. I am slowly making my way through here, and to all of you who are here, thanks for making me feel like I am home already. I FINALLY found a place to come to and with all that is happening now, it is so very comforting. I am reading a lot more than I am posting now and it has been wonderful. Eventually, I will come out of my shell, but thanks to all for letting me just BE here. It means more than I can say. Heath, you are in the hearts of so many. I know that you know that.

My name is Loretta...I am going though my days with a lump in my throat, a pain in my heart and a whole in my spirit.

Anyways, I feel like I am so overwhelmed with his passing, and I'm trying not to dwell on it, but I'm so glad I can come here and talk about him freely...LuvHeath4ever

Now, he is The Joker, and now, he is a legend, as James Dean, or other amazing actors.
A little bit of Brokeback within my heart. Brokeback Mountain is like a secret garden to me now..guillaume75

Welcome to all new members Loretta, LuvHeath4ever, guillaume75 , msmare and all others that I might overlooked. I'm glad that you found us I wish to see you here more , and  hope that this place will ease your pain like it does for me, I truly don't know what I would do without ennisjack this days..
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1601 on: Jan 31, 2008, 05:34 AM »
Cat Stevens, Oh very young

Oh very young
You know they never will

Oh very young.....Heath, I swear!
That's so beautiful KOKA..thanx  :^^)

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #1602 on: Jan 31, 2008, 05:46 AM »

Heath was so much more than "a movie star" to me. He wasn't a star, there was nothing starry about him. Through watching his films and reading interviews with him I discovered a beautiful man with a vulnerable soul, a man who talked openly and honestly about his fears, his weaknesses, his desires, a man who, in his "real life" off the set, couldn't be nothing but himself. There was so much depth in him, I could feel it, I could hear it in his words, in the thoughts that he shared. I can only imagine how overwhelmed I'd be if I'd known him in person. There are not many people who make you think "I don't know him but I have the strong impression that I'd like him a lot as a person if I did know him" (yes, thank you Daniel Day Lewis!!!) And Heath was one of these people. There was something so special about him that even people who didn't know him could feel.

Heath brought Ennis to life. He touched my soul and moved me in ways that I can't describe. Heath brought me here, to my new home and family. He took me up the mountain two years ago and I never went down. He had a very special place in my heart because of that. I thought about him as "my baby", I wanted to see him happy, growing and developing and making the most of his talent and I knew he would reach greatness. If I had a chance to give him back even a little of what he'd given me, I would've done anything.

But I guess some things you just can't explain.

God. Keren. You did. You did.  What a tribute.   (t)

Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1603 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Koka, thank you so much for reminding me of Cat Stevens. He used to be one my favorite artists, but I haven't listened to his music for a while. Oh Very Young was one of my favorites, too. Thank you for bringing it up. You are so wise to state what I bolded and colored red below. Ennis was in turmoil for most of his life because he tried to hide his emotions, and his was weakened but the inner struggle, never able to face up to his real life problems. When he accepted Jack's love, when he found the two shirts, and expressed his emotions more freely, with Jack's Ma, and Alma Jr. Ennis became a stronger person, a more complete person. Thank you also for reminding me of that.

I haven't heard Don't Be Shy before. I will renew my playlist with more Cat Stevens selections. Thanks.

And the picture of Heath. So Very Young.... :\'( :ghug:

Here is a song that is very near and dear to my heart, always was, always will be, and now, in light of current events, the song seemed to have somehow made an even greater impact....as if it had more meaning to it now.

Cat Stevens, Oh Very Young

Oh very young
You know they never will
You know they never will
And the patches make the goodbye harder still

Oh very young
There'll never be a better chance to change your mind
And if you want this world to see a better day
Will you carry the words of love with you
Will you ride the great white bird into heaven
And though you want to last forever
You know you never will
You know you never will
And the goodbye makes the journey harder still

Oh very young
Oh very young

And another one that is, in my opinion, a marvelous and tremendous song about human emotions and the way we SHOULD cope with them. A person over at IHJ said that if she were Jake, she couldn't finish filming the movie 'Brothers' because she would be in complete emotional turmoil the whole time, and then stated the following: 'I'm not a strong person'. This is what I told her:

'It has absolutely nothing to do with being strong and everything to do with being- human!

but while we're on the subject, a strong person is one that is capable of recognizing his or her emotions and willing to experience them to the end. a 'weak' person is one that tries to hide the truth from him/herself because he/she is afraid of letting emotions take over. so I think that allowing yourself to experience grief ( among other things ) to the fullest makes you ( as in people in general ) very courageous.
so you see, you ARE a strong person.

And that's the message I want to sent out to you guys! You are all SUCH STRONG people! Emotions are strengths, not weaknesses, emotions are the things that define us, tell us who we are and most importantly- tell us we are alive and that we are capable of simply being- human.

So here is the song I mentioned, it's Cat Stevens yet again, he's SUCH an inspiring singer/songwriter and human being:

Don't be shy

On by

You know love is better than a song
Love is where all of us belong
So don't be shy just let your feelings roll on by
You're there

On by, on by, on by, on by, etc.

I hope this little contribution of mine will be of some help, if even a tiny bit!

I love all of you guys, you are such amazing people, capable of SUCH deep emotions that being in your presence ( even if not physically ) gives me a great sense of pride and honour 

Oh very young....

...Heath, I swear!
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1604 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Thank you NoReinds. This is a beautiful song. I can relate to every line and every word.

Australia has a lot of rare talents.

It must be because of the open spaces, that brings out the openness in people's hearts.

I recall Heath said in one of his early interviews, just after A Knight's Tale, that he did't look for fame or money in his career. He was on a walkabout, looking beneath the surface, to see what life is all about. Because, as he said in the interview, after you die, that's all you can take with you.

He achieved everything he wanted, and more, a bright and shining star.

I just posted this over on the fanfic thread in response to a gorgeous story written by our own Christie....but I think maybe it's equally relevant here.

The following lyrics are to a song called One Small Star, written by a singer/songwriter called Eric Bogle who was born in Peebles, Scotland but has lived in Australia for almost 40 years now. The song was actually written just after the tragic shooting at Dunblane Primary School in which 16 primary one kids and their teacher lost their lives....but it's relevant to anyone who has lost someone special.

Falling on my face
An eternity ago

CHORUS

I never thought I would

CHORUS

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1605 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:34 AM »
Thank you NoReinds. This is a beautiful song. I can relate to every line and every word.

Australia has a lot of rare talents.

It must be because of the open spaces, that brings out the openness in people's hearts.

I recall Heath said in one of his early interviews, just after A Knight's Tale, that he did't look for fame or money in his career. He was on a walkabout, looking beneath the surface, to see what life is all about. Because, as he said in the interview, after you die, that's all you can take with you.

He achieved everything he wanted, and more, a bright and shining star.

Hey - Eric Bogle isn't an Aussie! The talent he has is 100% Scottish since he was born and brought up just a few miles from here.

;)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1606 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:47 AM »
Hey - Eric Bogle isn't an Aussie! The talent he has is 100% Scottish since he was born and brought up just a few miles from here.

;)

~) No offense intended. It goes without saying that MANY talents came out of Scotland. I was only trying to say that Eric was inspired while living in Australia's open spaces.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1607 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:52 AM »
     I wanted to post on 2 practical matters, this morning, aside from just saying hello to everyone.  First, we all owe a huge debt of gratitude
to the management of this forum.  Each of them has suffered through the same shock and grief as the rest of us, but also had to keep up with
the workload of keeping this site running.  It must have been rough, at times.  A big thank-you for all that you have done for the rest of us.
   Second, though, am seeing a dilemma approaching.  This forum is about the film, BBM, a tragic love story, that still is a part of our lives,
years later.  Yet now we have another tragic love story, intertwined with the first---the loss of Heath.
   I really do believe we will see something like PBS emerging- a post-Heath syndrome, and what I mean by that is that, although things will die
down, the tragedy is so great, there will be new hurts or memories, that re-emerge at unpredictable times.  The dilemma, then, would be how
to accomodate that, even though the forum is about the movie.
   It seems to me that there is no threat to the primary focus of the forum, in accomodating what may well be a long period of occasional
return to grieving, by some.  There are so many threads on this site, from health, to the solar system, to opera, gardening, personal photos....
that no one should resent it if threads about Heath persist and have a strong following.  Nobody forces anyone to go to a particular thread---
I hope there would be no uneasiness if  some, or many do.
  If i remember correctly, Ethan has settled the issue, and will leave space for this well into the future.  What am hoping for, then, is that
members not be critical of each other, for where they choose to go, on the forum, and that management does not lock threads and file them
away, but even allow for 1 or 2 additional threads, at the appropriate time.
  The one decision they have made-no gossip, no rumors, nothing hurtful to the family, has proven very decent and wise.  I guess that would
only leave minor references to the hurts in Heath's life, but then-that's what moderators are for---judgement calls.
   These are practical matters and I hope it has not been wrongful for a member of the forum to ask management to accomodate as much as
they can.  The forum is about BBM.  But life has given this forum a challenge, and I have to hope we are all up to it.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #1608 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:00 AM »
  It must have been rough, at times.  A big thank-you for all that you have done for the rest of us.

Yes Tony, and thank you for those kind words :ghug: but this is why we are here as moderators, this is what we do. We are here to make sure the forum is including and loving and a good place for our members to be. And why? Because we are all here because of the same thing. We love Brokeback. And we love our members :)

As for the other point you make, I am not sure I fully understood it, but if I understood correctly then do not worry, there will always be a significant portion of this forum dedicated to Heath. And after all, Ennis is still alive, and Heath will always be the man behind Ennis. And also, a bit flippant I am sorry, but he was damn sexy in real life and the images we have of him will remain so :)
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1609 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:11 AM »
And also, a bit flippant I am sorry, but he was damn sexy in real life and the images we have of him will remain so :)

That's not flippant Esme - it's the truth, and it's one that we'll never forget. Scruffy shoes, stripey socks, strange clothes (sometimes) and a smile to die for - all of those were part of what made Heath so special to all of us and I want to remember all those things.

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #1610 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:16 AM »
Hello everyone,

Anyway...if you’d like to listen, you can hear it uploaded on:

http://www.myspace.com/ret4  -- and it is set as the first song to auto play.

This isn't about promoting a song -- it never was from the start -- It's more about promoting change and touching hearts. I hope Heath can hear it and knows just how much his performance as Ennis has meant to so many people. He changed minds and hearts -- not to mention lives.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you’ll listen.

Loretta
http://www.myspace.com/ret4

Beautiful song Loretta, Thank you.  ^f^

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #1611 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:17 AM »
My plates came in the mail today. I braved the below freezing weather and hurricane force winds to put them on my car. Here's a crappy phone pic:

Excuse my dirty car. It's been snowy.

Wow.

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #1612 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:24 AM »

Falling on my face
An eternity ago

CHORUS

I never thought I would

CHORUS

Lindsey I said on the other thread, and I'll say again, this is beautiful.

Offline cynical21

• Alma Jr.
  • My candle burns at both ends . . .
« Reply #1613 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:42 AM »
Good morning, All.  Like everyone else here, I've been struggling to process my feelings during the last ten days, and am still uncertain how to proceed.  Everyone deals with tragedy in individual ways, and my way has always been intensely private, and, at my age, I don't think that's going to change now.  But during my silences, I have found occasional bits of verse or prose that offer some measure of comfort, although I'm not always sure why.

At any rate, I came across this poem in one of my dilapidated, well-used books of Sara Teasdale's work, and found it gave me a bit of solace in an indirect sort of way. so I thought I'd share it here.

There Will Be Stars

by Sara Teasdale

There will be stars over the place forever;
Though the house we loved and the street we loved are lost,
Every time the earth circles her orbit
On the night the autumn equinox is crossed,
Two stars we knew, poised on the peak of midnight
Will reach their zenith; stillness will be deep;
There will be stars forever, while we sleep.

Hope it offers some comfort for all of you as well.

CYN
“Ledger made great demands on his heart — romantically, professionally, personally, physically. And in the end, his heart said 'No'."  --  David Lipsky, Rolling Stone

"There will be stars over the place forever;
There will be stars forever, while we sleep." - Sara Teasdale

"There were only the two of them on the mountain, flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawk’s back . . . " -  Annie Proulx

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1614 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:52 AM »
    Thanks Esmelily-you all are the greatest!  And, no, there's nothing flippant about wanting those photos to keep rolling in- that's part of who
he was.
    I know I am posting a lot.  That's a no-win deal, there, as some might find that over-done, but there are others who find each and every post,
from everybody, even people just signing up, a proof that their own feelings are not mis-placed or couldn't be understood.
   Anyway, some rambling thoughts about Heath.  When they write books about him (and they will), I hope they catch the tensions and
contadictions in his life. So very many.  He often referred to himself as being on a journey, always moving on, and yet we can see, at times,
how much he wanted to settle down to one place.
   He was painfully shy, and yet got out there every day, to meet the world.  He wanted his privacy, and yet he also wanted to signal some
deep inner hurts.  He was ambitious, and yet he spoke of just walking away from it all.  He was graceful, at times, beyond nearly everyone else,
and yet, at other times, awkward and ill at ease.  And he wanted to blow-off deep underlying meanings to life even as he often pursued them.
   It was these very contradictions that integrated into the full person.  But most of all, when they write those books, I hope they capture
the biggest contadiction of all- Heath was often, just---ordinary, and knew that, and wanted the peace of blending in with the ordinary world.
  And when they come to the troubled parts of his life, I sincerely hope they look closer.  Whatever failures there were, they never went down
the road to malice or spite or mocking other people.  If he went along for the ride, in the faults natural to human beings, this was one guy who
always did that from a natural liking for people, and he always drew back from cruelty to others.  That speaks more for him than all his talent,
all his good-breeding, all of his love for life---Heath wanted people to be happy, even when sometimes, he wasn't. That may well be the real
story of the life of Heath Ledger-he loved people.  Painfully shy, according to close friends.  But loved people as they were. That is a rare soul.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1615 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Cyn, it's beautiful. :\'(  <^( Thank you.

For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1616 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:56 AM »
Beautifully put Tony. That he is a rare soul is undoubtedlt why so many people love him, and why so many people mourn him.

I also echo what Esme said. Thank you for your support, and there most definitely will always be a place on this forum for Heath. For, as she said, he will always be the man behind Ennis. <^(

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1617 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:57 AM »
That's not flippant Esme - it's the truth, and it's one that we'll never forget. Scruffy shoes, stripey socks, strange clothes (sometimes) and a smile to die for - all of those were part of what made Heath so special to all of us and I want to remember all those things.

So do I, Lindsey, so do I. :)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1618 on: Jan 31, 2008, 12:25 PM »
Good morning, All.  Like everyone else here, I've been struggling to process my feelings during the last ten days, and am still uncertain how to proceed.  Everyone deals with tragedy in individual ways, and my way has always been intensely private, and, at my age, I don't think that's going to change now.  But during my silences, I have found occasional bits of verse or prose that offer some measure of comfort, although I'm not always sure why.

At any rate, I came across this poem in one of my dilapidated, well-used books of Sara Teasdale's work, and found it gave me a bit of solace in an indirect sort of way. so I thought I'd share it here.

There Will Be Stars

by Sara Teasdale

Though the house we loved and the street we loved are lost,
Every time the earth circles her orbit
On the night the autumn equinox is crossed,
Two stars we knew, poised on the peak of midnight
Will reach their zenith; stillness will be deep;
There will be stars forever, while we sleep.

Hope it offers some comfort for all of you as well.

CYN

Cyn that's beautiful. Thank you.  :\'( I still can't process all of my thoughts/feelings- I'm kind of dreading when I am able to.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1619 on: Jan 31, 2008, 12:29 PM »
Beautifully put Tony. That he is a rare soul is undoubtedlt why so many people love him, and why so many people mourn him.

I also echo what Esme said. Thank you for your support, and there most definitely will always be a place on this forum for Heath. For, as she said, he will always be the man behind Ennis. <^(

Tony,

I am quoting Barb's post because I feel the exact same way. Thank you for being supportive of everyone here. And yes there will always be a spot here for Heath. I look at it sort of like those mementos we keep of people we knew in "real life" be it a ticket stub, a photo album, a card etc etc- it's a way to look back and keep them close. I'm having trouble articulating things lately so I hope that made sense.  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon