Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724150 times)

Offline min

• Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4620 on: Feb 13, 2009, 06:22 PM »
Sometimes, when I look Heath's pics and videos, I can not recognize him in Ennis. He was lost in the character of Ennis. He did something that none could do with that tacit character - he literary became Ennis. Therefore, when I'm down and my PBS is raging, I think that in BBM - Jack and Ennis both died!  :\'(

:\'( :\'( :\'(  Me too

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4621 on: Feb 14, 2009, 06:04 AM »
Sometimes, when I look Heath's pics and videos, I can not recognize him in Ennis. He was lost in the character of Ennis. He did something that none could do with that tacit character - he literary became Ennis. Therefore, when I'm down and my PBS is raging, I think that in BBM - Jack and Ennis both died!  :\'(

I think that's a part of why it was so difficult for all brokies - when Heath died, it was as if Ennis died too.
But mainly the loss of Heath himself as a person, as a human being, someone we respected and loved... :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

vedrana

« Reply #4622 on: Feb 14, 2009, 09:04 AM »
min, Ranchand, keren  :ghug:

I am sad because of Heath of course, and as I find out more things about him my PHS hits deeper. He wasn't Ennis, just the opposite - open and happy and loving person. It's just that by loosing him, we lost our dear Ennis too, cos the impact of his perfectly performed character was unspeakably profound. I know that all of you understand !  :^^)

%)

PS: PHS is Lance's abbreviation (i think) and I believe that it's appropriate, just like PBS

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #4623 on: Feb 14, 2009, 01:03 PM »
I suppose we have we have projected the love that we  felt for his character of Ennis to himself-simply that, without commenting that he was a person whom one could love for being just like he was… -. Perhaps no  one of us have identified so much an actor with a character, nor we had identified ourselves so much with an actor.  :c)
For that reason we have felt so much the pain for Ennis and,after that,so much the pain for Heath; certainly,we had loved him the same because he was deserved of it, but that identification gives it another perspective... Cleo,we felt just like you,so I only can tell you  :ghug:
I agree with ya Alicia..I think we have connected with Ennis to that level that we have felt Heath actually living and identifying with the character so deeply and losing Heath was like losing Ennis and even more worse as we lost such a great Actor and above all a great human being...We lost soemone we love and someone who actually gave us so much to cherish forever...

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #4624 on: Feb 14, 2009, 01:19 PM »
My heart broke readng this post Loreen..There is so much pain that u have expressed in this...I agree that we lost Jack and Ennis..Heath actually gave us Ennis and actually lived Ennis..I feel he put all the pain he had in his own life in that Character and transformed himself into Ennis...Heath's death made the pain of Ennis even more hurtful..The connection was intense and many times when I watch BBM, I see that no more in real life Heath will wear those cowboy clothes and it is all in reel now and in our memory..It hurts too much...

vedrana

« Reply #4625 on: Feb 14, 2009, 03:09 PM »
My heart broke readng this post Loreen..There is so much pain that u have expressed in this...I agree that we lost Jack and Ennis..Heath actually gave us Ennis and actually lived Ennis..I feel he put all the pain he had in his own life in that Character and transformed himself into Ennis...Heath's death made the pain of Ennis even more hurtful..The connection was intense and many times when I watch BBM, I see that no more in real life Heath will wear those cowboy clothes and it is all in reel now and in our memory..It hurts too much...

Cleo, babe!  :ghug:

babytammy7

« Reply #4626 on: Feb 14, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Good morning everyone. 

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place.  I ask please that the mods move it if this is wrong and accept my apologies for misposting it.

I'm coming to you guys to ask your help in spreading the word for me for something I have decided to do in Heath's honor.

I am blessed to have gifts that Heath gave me that I cherish dearly.  And, one of the causes that I write plays and make movies about is Human Rights and Gay Rights.  I have decided to auction off a very rare gift I was given by Heath and donate 50% of the proceeds of the profit it earns to help the ACLU's legal battle to revoke Prop 8, the law against same sex marriage.  The item is a rare Brokeback Mountain Oscar book that Heath gave me personally and is autographed by him.  It is in pristine condition and has been in a shadow box to protect it since he gave it to me.  I will be putting it on ebay.  I have to read up on how their auctions work before I list it which will probably be this weekend.  I will provide a legal, notarized Affidavit as to it's authenticity, where it's origin.  I truly believe that Heath would want this to be done with this book and he would want the proceeds to fight this awful travisty of a law.  I believe that we must sacrifice things we love in order to make a difference in the lives of others and Heath believed the same thing.  It would mean the world to me for this book to better the lives of my gay brothers and sisters, people whose lives Heath touched.  I have to walk the walk and talk the talk.

What I ask from you, is please spread the word that the book will be out there for auction and what the purpose of that auction is.  Please spread it to forums or other places on the web where you think it is appropriate.  I have not yet decided the charities that will receive the remaining 50% of the profits after the costs of the auction, but Prop 8 will receive it's 50% before costs.

I will provide you with more information, if that is ok with Chuck to put it here, as soon as I have things more concrete which should be the next couple of days.

Thank you all for your help and God bless you all.

Theresa

My God, Theresa....I don't even know what to say. You're made of awesome.  ^f^

You're SO lucky for having gifts that Heath gave you....I think I'd give anything, I'd do anything just to have a tiny thing he wore or just touched with the tips of his fingers....And, selfish as I am, I don't think I could give that easily such a big treasure....And that's why you left me stunned here, and totally marveled. Damn, girl, I admire you now more than ever. What you're doing here is beyond generous, and I just know that Heath would have done the same and I'm sure he's proud of you wherever he is now, you bet.

Wish I could buy that amazing book....but I can not.... :\'( :\'( But yeah, I'll spread the word, count on me.

Thank you, Theresa, for doing this. It's beautiful and will teach a important lesson of love, tolerance and respect.

Take care, baby.  :ghug:  :^^)

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4627 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:22 AM »

You're SO lucky for having gifts that Heath gave you....I think I'd give anything, I'd do anything just to have a tiny thing he wore or just touched with the tips of his fingers....And, selfish as I am, I don't think I could give that easily such a big treasure....And that's why you left me stunned here, and totally marveled. Damn, girl, I admire you now more than ever. What you're doing here is beyond generous, and I just know that Heath would have done the same and I'm sure he's proud of you wherever he is now, you bet.

Wish I could buy that amazing book....but I can not.... :\'( :\'( But yeah, I'll spread the word, count on me.

Thank you, Theresa, for doing this. It's beautiful and will teach a important lesson of love, tolerance and respect.

Thank you so much for your sweet words.  It is heart rending, yes, but it makes me smile to know that it is going to be a part of something so incredibly important and that BBM and Heath will, even in some small way, continue to change the world.  This is a battle we must fight as brothers and sisters whether we are gay or straight.  It is an injustice that simply has to stop and I don't think any great battle has ever been won without sacrifice on the part of many many people.  It is the putting together of these small bits that will finally win justice.  Thank you so much for your support in this.  I feel privileged to have the opportunity.  I have been given so much by this man that I feel the need to give in return, in his honor.

Theresa

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4628 on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:17 PM »
Theresa...wow, I think I'll just quote Tammy here.

An amazingly generous gesture, Theresa.  I agree with you that Heath would fully approve.  Good luck with it all, and I'll try and spread the word as best I can.  Be sure and keep us posted if you can!!

I'm so glad you fully recognize how blessed you are, hon. 

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4629 on: Feb 19, 2009, 12:11 AM »
Theresa...wow, I think I'll just quote Tammy here.

An amazingly generous gesture, Theresa.  I agree with you that Heath would fully approve.  Good luck with it all, and I'll try and spread the word as best I can.  Be sure and keep us posted if you can!!

I'm so glad you fully recognize how blessed you are, hon. 

Thank you so much, your kind words mean so much to me.  The auction has started and the bidding has started and is going well.  I appreciate everyone's kindness so much.

Theresa
Theresa

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #4630 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:44 AM »
Thank you so much, your kind words mean so much to me.  The auction has started and the bidding has started and is going well.  I appreciate everyone's kindness so much.

Theresa

I wish you all the luck in the world with this, Theresa. As others have said, it's an amazing thing to do, and I'm certain Heath would have approved wholeheartedly.

I wish I could bid...
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4631 on: Feb 19, 2009, 12:28 PM »
I watched the part from "10 things I hate about you" where Julia Stiles reads her poem... and it put me in the mood of writing a little something of my own.

10 Things I Love About You

I love your deep brown chocolate eyes,
All the emotion that they show
I love your dimples when you smile
And the way your whole face glows.

I love your low and sexy voice
your deep laughter when you joke
I love how your hands go everywhere
Every time you start to talk.

I love your shy and humble ways,
How down to earth you are
I love your liberal, open mind
And your generous, gentle heart

I love your wacky style of clothing
Bright colors & stripes instead of suits
I love it how on red-carpet events
You wear your scruffy boots  ;D

I love your rare and special talent,
Your passion for your art
The way your acting brought me joy
But also broke my heart.

But I hate it that you've gone away
And the world turned cold and black
And I hate it that with all this love
I still can't bring you back.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #4632 on: Feb 19, 2009, 02:28 PM »
I watched the part from "10 things I hate about you" where Julia Stiles reads her poem... and it put me in the mood of writing a little something of my own.

But also broke my heart.

awww its beautiful and heartbreaking...

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4633 on: Feb 19, 2009, 03:22 PM »

Every time you start to talk

But also broke my heart.

Keren, that's beautiful :^^) I loved the whole thing, but the bit in bold really made me smile because it's one of the things I really did love about our boy.

But the last verse broke my heart :\'( :\'(

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4634 on: Feb 19, 2009, 03:29 PM »

But also broke my heart.

:ghug: keren  :ghug: i love it when the love Heath inspired is shared with so much intensity.
 :t)  ^f^

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4635 on: Feb 19, 2009, 04:49 PM »
Thank you so much for your sweet words.  It is heart rending, yes, but it makes me smile to know that it is going to be a part of something so incredibly important and that BBM and Heath will, even in some small way, continue to change the world.  This is a battle we must fight as brothers and sisters whether we are gay or straight.  It is an injustice that simply has to stop and I don't think any great battle has ever been won without sacrifice on the part of many many people.  It is the putting together of these small bits that will finally win justice.  Thank you so much for your support in this.  I feel privileged to have the opportunity.  I have been given so much by this man that I feel the need to give in return, in his honor.

I agree with everyone here Theresa, this is a wonderful gesture on your part and I really hope it does make a difference.  :)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4636 on: Feb 19, 2009, 09:45 PM »
I agree with everyone here Theresa, this is a wonderful gesture on your part and I really hope it does make a difference.  :)

Thank you so much sweetheart.  I've got my fingers crossed.

Hugs
Theresa
Theresa

Offline rick65

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #4637 on: Feb 20, 2009, 12:11 AM »
Sorry for not keeping up with the warmth and excitement in this forum. I guess you could say that I went AWOL.  :-\\
I wrote a poem a few months after Heath took off on his own. I tried to make it universal in scope, but I was thinking of Heath. 

Left Wanting to Say

You left before I knew it,
I couldn't say good-bye.
I know you couldn't help it,
But I wished to see you fly.

You're out among the galaxies,
Dimming them with your light,
A brightness never fading leaves
A trail of glitter and might.

If I had only told you,
Would it make a difference now?
Your wonder and art were true,
Lasting pieces of you which howl.

I'm sure you guys more than anyone could interpret this
"A man put upon by society and the hypocrisy of the world." -Holden Worther

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4638 on: Feb 20, 2009, 08:53 AM »
Sorry for not keeping up with the warmth and excitement in this forum. I guess you could say that I went AWOL.  :-\\
I wrote a poem a few months after Heath took off on his own. I tried to make it universal in scope, but I was thinking of Heath. 

Left Wanting to Say

You left before I knew it,
I couldn't say good-bye.
I know you couldn't help it,
But I wished to see you fly.

You're out among the galaxies,
Dimming them with your light,
A brightness never fading leaves
A trail of glitter and might.

If I had only told you,
Would it make a difference now?
Your wonder and art were true,
Lasting pieces of you which howl.

I'm sure you guys more than anyone could interpret this

That's beautiful Rick  :ghug: I like to think of him as the brightest light in the sky.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4639 on: Feb 20, 2009, 11:33 AM »
Happy Friday Everyone!  We are having an Oscar party - just my family (my daughters and granddaughters) and having the red carpet, dress up (but in Heath type fashions), a gift bag (from the Dollar store) and an award for who gets the most correct guesses on the Oscar ballot.  We're all quite excited.  We're even making Oscars in a Blanket for an appetizer.

Hugs
Theresa
Theresa

Offline jessi

• Jack
  • Till sunrise runs out of paint, even after...
« Reply #4640 on: Feb 20, 2009, 03:48 PM »
I may be the only one not excited, not anxious to watch, but I wanted to express that in case others felt like I do and thus, alone.  I know we all realize how incredible he was.  He was a legend to me long before we lost him, hey, that's documented, lol.  I can't take him not being at all the glory stuff, getting his bag of goodies, seeing what he wore, his speech, nope, you guys do what you feel moved to do, and I will also. 

Dawn and dusk don't belong on the same page.
Life should be a long novel.
Sunrise and sunset have all day.
Light's given till night to be seen,
not just a morning.
Not just the beginning,
just the first rays of legend, of dreams.

jessi
I'm like one tiny insignificant star,
where your wonder shines on.

No thunder, not a storm
just rain, soft as tears wetting a cheek,
wiped with the ground. Mountain, heart stomped,
moans.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4641 on: Feb 20, 2009, 04:24 PM »
For me, it is not about the fact that Heath would totally hate all the bruhaha, he certainly would hate it.  It was not him, but for me it is about his family and how much it will mean to them and to the baby.  Heath would be honored, yes, but he never cared about the frou frou stuff.  However, I have promised myself to celebrate a life well lived and not dwell on a death that came so much too soon.  He was full of life so I want to celebrate that.  It's not about ceremonies or statues for me, personally, it is about the fact that he earned this.  He was just that damned good.  No one is giving him any of this out of sentimentality, he earned every accolade and award he has gotten.  Though I can completely understand those who feel that they cannot look forward to the ceremony and such.  However, I am very thankful for the Ledger family that they will be given this memory, this moment to see how beloved and respected their beautiful son was.  I hope it lightens their burden for even a moment and brings them a smile, however, bittersweet the moment may be.  I hope they feel him as close to them as their next breath.  God bless each of them.
Theresa

Offline jessi

• Jack
  • Till sunrise runs out of paint, even after...
« Reply #4642 on: Feb 20, 2009, 04:37 PM »
I'm often in the minority, that's fine. 

Understand, just because the Oscars do not interest me and I have no desire to watch doesn't mean I dwell on his death or that my life has not well moved on.  No one who was not close to him can ever celebrate and revere his life more than I do.  No one.  Just, I know I'm not alone and knowing that sometimes gives comfort to others.  If not, I've still shared.  This has nothing to do with his family or baby or what he's earned or anything other than he's gone and I'll let everyone else celebrate and honor this way. 

jessi
I'm like one tiny insignificant star,
where your wonder shines on.

No thunder, not a storm
just rain, soft as tears wetting a cheek,
wiped with the ground. Mountain, heart stomped,
moans.

vedrana

« Reply #4643 on: Feb 20, 2009, 04:42 PM »
For me, it is not about the fact that Heath would totally hate all the bruhaha, he certainly would hate it.  It was not him, but for me it is about his family and how much it will mean to them and to the baby.  Heath would be honored, yes, but he never cared about the frou frou stuff.  However, I have promised myself to celebrate a life well lived and not dwell on a death that came so much too soon.  He was full of life so I want to celebrate that.  It's not about ceremonies or statues for me, personally, it is about the fact that he earned this.  He was just that damned good.  No one is giving him any of this out of sentimentality, he earned every accolade and award he has gotten.  Though I can completely understand those who feel that they cannot look forward to the ceremony and such.  However, I am very thankful for the Ledger family that they will be given this memory, this moment to see how beloved and respected their beautiful son was.  I hope it lightens their burden for even a moment and brings them a smile, however, bittersweet the moment may be.  I hope they feel him as close to them as their next breath.  God bless each of them.

Oh, Theresa, you really think of it so deep and so right.
I am one of those who won't be able to watch and to enjoy it to the full, even I know that He will be there in spirit, and even I know that God had plans for each one of us long long time ago. Still, I won't be that brave.
I admire you for the strength you show all the time, coz even you were so close to him and or maybe just because of that, you can stay upright and celebrate his life as if He is still among us. Kudos to you, dear!

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4644 on: Feb 20, 2009, 06:45 PM »
Oh, Theresa, you really think of it so deep and so right.
I am one of those who won't be able to watch and to enjoy it to the full, even I know that He will be there in spirit, and even I know that God had plans for each one of us long long time ago. Still, I won't be that brave.
I admire you for the strength you show all the time, coz even you were so close to him and or maybe just because of that, you can stay upright and celebrate his life as if He is still among us. Kudos to you, dear!

Everyone deals with hurt differently.  There's no wrong way or right way to grieve.  Grief is hard regardless.  It's a painful, painful thing.  It's all very bittersweet.  But I truly hope it brings his family a moment of tremendous pride.  I truly do.  And a smile.  Thank you so much for your sweet words Loreen.  I think that you are right that my direction or strength (which believe me I don't feel very strong at all, lol) comes from my being in a little bit different situation with it.
Theresa

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4645 on: Feb 22, 2009, 12:35 AM »
Happy Friday Everyone!  We are having an Oscar party - just my family (my daughters and granddaughters) and having the red carpet, dress up (but in Heath type fashions), a gift bag (from the Dollar store) and an award for who gets the most correct guesses on the Oscar ballot.  We're all quite excited.  We're even making Oscars in a Blanket for an appetizer.

Hugs
Theresa

What a cute idea!  You and your family rock!  I never thought of having a red carpet :)  And especially, dressing in our Heath outfits (stripes anyone?).

Will you post some pix please?

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4646 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:22 AM »
What a cute idea!  You and your family rock!  I never thought of having a red carpet :)  And especially, dressing in our Heath outfits (stripes anyone?).

Will you post some pix please?

kathy

Absolutely.  I'll try to remember to ask my daughter to take some.  We're all set and have even gone to the dollar store and gotten the stuff for our red carpet gift bags like tooth brushes that play Cheetah Girl Music and sling back socks and all kinds of obviously valuable booty!

Theresa
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4647 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:47 AM »
I'm going to wear my Joker socks tonight when I watch the Oscars.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4648 on: Feb 22, 2009, 10:47 AM »
I'm going to wear my Joker socks tonight when I watch the Oscars.

OMG! I'm sooooo jealous!  I don't have any Joker socks.  I would give my eye teeth to have Joker socks for tonight.  How cute is that going to be!  You go girl! :clap:
Theresa

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4649 on: Feb 22, 2009, 12:14 PM »
I'm wearing my Joker t-shirt and I've got stripey socks on too :)