Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724256 times)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4860 on: Sep 01, 2009, 11:35 AM »
Still breaks my heart.....
This touching words dedicated to our dearest Heath...
the endless thoughts of him........

It was an old post.. but it always treasure  good memories ..
and make us at peace. Heath is somewhere .. away  from our eyes  but he stays with us..
.. whispering  with the wind.

This article and your words have made me cry still,White Angel... :\'( It's like a sword that have crossed our hearts since January 22nd 2008.Even if,as you say,he's with us,somewhere,away from our eyes,but not from our souls. :ghug:           
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4861 on: Sep 01, 2009, 11:38 AM »
By Boreanaz12

REST IN PEACE,OUR SWEET EYES ANGEL...
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4862 on: Sep 02, 2009, 11:20 AM »
I have found this in a Spanish forum about BBM.Maybe it's not the best made,but it has made me cry... :\'( :\'( :\'(

***Edited by moderator - sorry, pictures of Matilda are not allowed on the forum since they are paparazzi shots.***
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2009, 08:27 PM by chameau »

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #4863 on: Sep 04, 2009, 03:28 AM »
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline Darnando

• Huh?
  • Alma Jr.
« Reply #4864 on: Sep 06, 2009, 01:07 PM »
Yeah, well I'm sick of beans.

Offline jessicat80

• For every Jack, there's an
  • Ennis
  • until we meet again
« Reply #4865 on: Sep 10, 2009, 08:59 PM »

A really boring new TV show premiered tonight called  "The Vampire Diaries". I watched it because it said Ian Somerholder was in it(which he didn't arrive until 45mins in just to realize I don't care for him anymore).

Anyway, In the first couple mins of the episode the girl's best friend is complaining that she thinks she's psychic and names off a bunch of things she predicted, and she, very offhandedly like it was nothing, says Heath Ledger, implying she knew he would die, and it was not an issue, just supposed to be cool that she predicted it or something....I don't know, it was stupid, and it bothered me.

The main girl in the episode lost both her parents and there is this conversation at the end of the episode where she's telling her brother he needs to stop acting out because nobody feels sorry for them anymore that their parents are dead. She complains that the rest of the world has moved on, and it's not important enough for others to care or be respectful of the fact that THEY might not be over it yet....and I thought, yeah, maybe you should listen to your own show's writing...

Anyway, my rant for the day, don't listen to me, I threw my back out and am in excruciating pain, and refuse to take the painkillers....three guesses why.

It's just strange that only a little over a year and 1/2 later, it's just become a piece of hollywood trivia. A simple offhanded comment for the next generation. They'll never get it, and we'll never be able to explain it to them. Not really.
"I’d rather live in his world…..than live without him….in mine."                                       (Midnight Train to Georgia)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4866 on: Sep 11, 2009, 08:04 AM »
Sadly, that's the way it works in Hollywood. The initial shock wears off, and then you can use it as writing material in stupid comedies. But Heath still lives in many hearts around the world, it's up to us to remember him.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline jessicat80

• Ennis
  • until we meet again
« Reply #4867 on: Sep 11, 2009, 06:26 PM »
It's strange, I just don't think there should be a time limit on respect. During the commercial break there was an ad for The Beatles new video game, and they computer generated all these people walking and joking with the Beatles in the famous shot of them cross the street. Which, it would be one thing if the just computer generated Paul and Ringo, who are alive and can give their consent, but to have George, who died a few years ago, I believe from cancer, and John Lennon, who was shot and killed in 1980....it just seems so wrong to use it as entertainment....regardless of time passed. And to think they are already using Heath that way...it just gets to me.

Anyway. Let be, let be.
"I’d rather live in his world…..than live without him….in mine."                                       (Midnight Train to Georgia)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4868 on: Sep 13, 2009, 09:19 AM »
I agree with you jessicat, there should not be a time limit on respect. And we cannot control what other people do. We can boycott the project that over step the line. For me, I won't watch Vampire Diaries, now that I know.

Let be, let be.  :ghug: Thanks for letting me know about the show. I hope you feel better soon. Remember to stretch once in a while, even when you sit through hours of BBM videos and EnnisJack :^^) :c) ^f^
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4869 on: Sep 14, 2009, 09:31 PM »
"It's strange, I just don't think there should be a time limit on respect."

Couldn't have said it any better, Jess. The comforting thing to me is knowing that whatever other changes we go through over the years here at this forum, the respect, love and genuine appreciation for the people who brought BBM to life, the truly gifted and special people they are/were, and the gift they gave us, will never waver.

And I know just what you mean. Those casual references always disturb me, for the exact same reasons. No one would want other people to refer to their own loved ones in such a careless manner. Why does anyone think it's ok to do so to others?

:ghug: to all who still hold him close in their hearts. And all of their loved ones as well.  :ghug:
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline jessicat80

• Ennis
  • until we meet again
« Reply #4870 on: Sep 15, 2009, 07:25 PM »
"It's strange, I just don't think there should be a time limit on respect."

And I know just what you mean. Those casual references always disturb me, for the exact same reasons. No one would want other people to refer to their own loved ones in such a careless manner. Why does anyone think it's ok to do so to others?

Of course not, I totally agree with you Barb. What bothers me is that these words aren't coming from the immature teenagers saying them on screen...it's coming from the adult writers who should know better.

In the new interview Michelle Williams just did for the October 2009 Vogue, she mentions how she was at the coffee shop and a 6 year old little girl "very innocently" asked Matilda "are you so sad that your daddy died like Michael Jackson."

Michelle excused it by saying the girl was only six, but at exactly what age do you just become a heartless jerk. The writers should have known it was way to soon to use this as a simple pop culture reference; if ever.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4871 on: Sep 15, 2009, 10:52 PM »
Of course not, I totally agree with you Barb. What bothers me is that these words aren't coming from the immature teenagers saying them on screen...it's coming from the adult writers who should know better.

In the new interview Michelle Williams just did for the October 2009 Vogue, she mentions how she was at the coffee shop and a 6 year old little girl "very innocently" asked Matilda "are you so sad that your daddy died like Michael Jackson."

Michelle excused it by saying the girl was only six, but at exactly what age do you just become a heartless jerk. The writers should have known it was way to soon to use this as a simple pop culture reference; if ever.

I don't know -- I don't find fault with what that girl said.  First, it's like she learned about daddies dying from Michael's daughter Paris on TV, when she spoke those poignant little-girl words at that service.  And however she knew who Matilda was and that her daddy had died also, she was relating to that.  If an adult said that to Matilda it would be appalling, but I think that was an innocent enough comment from little girl to little girl.  Or am I not reading this right?

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline jessicat80

• Ennis
  • until we meet again
« Reply #4872 on: Sep 16, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Hey Kathy, I haven't talked to you in so long :^^)

No, you're certainly not wrong, that 's what I was saying, that from a child it was "innocent" as Michelle put it...it's the adult writers of the tv show that should have known better.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4873 on: Sep 16, 2009, 08:24 PM »
I agree with everything you've said, Jess. The adults should be more responsible and more respectful.

On another note, I saw the post in the Parnassus thread linking to Peter Travers' Rolling Stone review saying that this could be Heath's second posthumas Oscar nod. I felt so proud just at the idea but at the same time my throat swelled up because it hit me all over again that this is it. :\'( Much like TDK, I will definitely have to go see Parnassus with particular friends only or by myself.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4874 on: Sep 17, 2009, 04:20 AM »
I've just read the interview Michelle has done for Vogue..its very moving.  She talks very eloquently about her loss and how she is trying to deal with that and bringing up Matilda alone.

There was a quote from her that really brought a tear to my eye:

".....but every time I really miss him and wonder where he's gone, I just look at her."

:\'( :\'( :\'(

http://www.style.com/vogue/feature/2009_October_Michelle_Williams/
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2009, 09:26 AM by christie wood »
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4875 on: Sep 17, 2009, 08:17 AM »
I've just read the interview Michelle has done for Vogue..its very moving.  She talks very eloquently about her loss and how she is trying to deal with that and bringing up Matilda alone.

".....but every time I really miss him and wonder where he's gone, I just look at her."

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Thanks, Christie. The article really makes sense of Michelle's journey through grief in the last couple years, as it was said, not just the grief of a death, but also the grief for a marriage.    :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

I am surprised that she kept the house in Brooklyn, with all the reminders of Heath, but then again, she spoke of wishing to having those Victorian ring with hair in it, so it's probably just as well for her to hold on to something, and live upstate, visiting occasionally when she needs to.  :( I hope she gets over her accident-proneness. It's good that she has many good friends to keep an eye on her.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4876 on: Sep 19, 2009, 10:44 PM »

:\'( :\'( :\'(

I do the same thing, you know.  I admit I'm kind of obsessed with Matilda, just insofar as checking to see any new pictures.  I totally feel back for contributing to the paparazzi evil by enjoying seeing the pictures, but she just does my heart good, to see her little sweet happy spirit.  I love how she's often skipping and dancing, both feet off the ground!  Makes me think of Heath, of course, and also I have such respect for Michelle and the job she's doing with Matilda.

kathy s.
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #4877 on: Sep 20, 2009, 12:11 AM »
I did a one day round trip Saturday to Toronto to meet MissisaugaRed and... watch the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus at the Toronto International Film Festival.

Click on the picture below to go to the thread where we started to post about the event.

Farewell and thank you Heath!
 :_(
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2009, 10:04 PM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4878 on: Sep 20, 2009, 03:18 AM »
(((((cham)))))

Heath keeps visiting us and sending us messages.

vedrana

« Reply #4879 on: Sep 22, 2009, 12:33 PM »
This weekend is a "Movie weekend with Heath Ledger" on Croatian national TV - "Casanova" on Saturday and "Brokeback mountain" on Sunday... It will be so bittersweet to see him.

I'll watch "Casanova"... OK; I'll probably watch BBM too! I already persuaded a friend of mine (straight male  :cb: ) to watch it. Not that he knows anything about my brokie state of mind, but he knows that I like the movie and he appreciates Heath too... :i

The good thing is that national TV is broadcasting both movies at 22.00, while last time a private TV, broadcast at midnight.

Heath... <^( :_( <^(

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4880 on: Oct 01, 2009, 10:15 AM »

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4881 on: Oct 01, 2009, 01:02 PM »
This weekend is a "Movie weekend with Heath Ledger" on Croatian national TV - "Casanova" on Saturday and "Brokeback mountain" on Sunday... It will be so bittersweet to see him.

I'll watch "Casanova"... OK; I'll probably watch BBM too! I already persuaded a friend of mine (straight male  :cb: ) to watch it. Not that he knows anything about my brokie state of mind, but he knows that I like the movie and he appreciates Heath too... :i

The good thing is that national TV is broadcasting both movies at 22.00, while last time a private TV, broadcast at midnight.

Heath... <^( :_( <^(

:ghug: That's great, loreen. I hope they will have more Heath Ledger weekends, and show A Knight's Tale, and Four Feathers. They are really good. And if each time they show Brokeback Mountain, then perhaps more people will watch it, and attitudes will change.

Thanks for sharing the news, and have a good weekend.  :ghug: :^^) :c) ^f^

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4882 on: Oct 01, 2009, 01:03 PM »

Thanks, mpj. This is beautiful.  :^^) :c)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4883 on: Oct 01, 2009, 02:56 PM »

That's really beautiful Alicia, thank you.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4884 on: Oct 01, 2009, 04:16 PM »

Wow, this is gorgeous...the pictures of Heath are really lovely but it's the colouring of it, its really quite calming and nostalgic.... <^( <^( <^(
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline desperatehousewife

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #4885 on: Oct 16, 2009, 06:46 AM »
Gosh, I haven't been to this site for quite a while, not since the anniversary of Heath's death, but again I find myself drawn here with the release of the film.  I had the TV on in the background the other day when suddenly I heard Heath's beautiful and distinctive voice and it turned out to be an advert for the film, and my stomach lurched.  Oh Heath, all the old emotions are being stirred up again.  Just needed to share it with you guys because I know you get it. 

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4886 on: Oct 16, 2009, 08:30 AM »
We certainly do.  :ghug:

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4887 on: Oct 16, 2009, 10:55 AM »
Gosh, I haven't been to this site for quite a while, not since the anniversary of Heath's death, but again I find myself drawn here with the release of the film.  I had the TV on in the background the other day when suddenly I heard Heath's beautiful and distinctive voice and it turned out to be an advert for the film, and my stomach lurched.  Oh Heath, all the old emotions are being stirred up again.  Just needed to share it with you guys because I know you get it. 

Of course,we get it...And we're here for you and for whoever could feel this attraction to anything that talks about Heath,but at the same time avoid it because it's still too hard to stand...Because it's not exaggerated if I say that a part of our lives went away with him. :_(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4888 on: Oct 16, 2009, 11:45 AM »
Gosh, I haven't been to this site for quite a while, not since the anniversary of Heath's death, but again I find myself drawn here with the release of the film.  I had the TV on in the background the other day when suddenly I heard Heath's beautiful and distinctive voice and it turned out to be an advert for the film, and my stomach lurched.  Oh Heath, all the old emotions are being stirred up again.  Just needed to share it with you guys because I know you get it.  

You bet we get it and many of us feel the same. It's not easy now with his new film coming out, but I hope you'll get to see it soon. From everything I hear it's a wonderful tribute to Heath's spirit. I can't wait to see it myself.

I've been reading some interviews with Terry Gilliam lately, where he talked about Heath. He said how he was sure they would make so many movies together because each of them got what the other was about, and suddenly he lost a partner and a friend. He said that this movie got done only thanks to Heath, and called Heath his "guardian angel". It just made me so so sad. He meant so much to so many people, and they miss him so much. :_( :_(

Offline desperatehousewife

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #4889 on: Oct 16, 2009, 03:25 PM »
Thanks guys, as always your support is greatly appreciated.  I just don't know if I can go and see the film (if I can even find it in a cinema near me).  Part of me desperately wants to, but I also know it's going to kill me.  Even coming back to this site again is quite a wierd feeling, the whole BM and Heath thing just stirs up such strong emotions in me - well, I don't need to try and explain that to you all, because ofcourse you know what I mean, even though I can't explain it.  It's just utterly mortifying that we will not see him in anything else ever again.   :_(  :_(