Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1723845 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4950 on: Mar 08, 2010, 02:09 PM »
You're right, Heath was a great talent, we would see him quite high on the movie ...
He gave self a lot of in movie, and it destroyed him, no?

Heath was a gifted actor. He loved acting, he enjoyed it, it made him live. Destroyed him? I don't think so. His art was his passion. His death was an accident.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Sage

• Ennis/JackLuva
  • Alma Jr.
  • I'm non-binary. My pronouns: they/them.
« Reply #4951 on: Mar 12, 2010, 11:05 PM »
^ I agree.  :_(
'Cause I don't want to say goodbye
Let the stars shine through
No, I don't want to say goodbye
All I want to do is live with you

Together, our two hearts are strong
Don't you know that's where our hearts both belong?

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4952 on: Mar 14, 2010, 12:44 PM »
I think Ferdinand meant to say that Heath put all of himself in every role he played. This has been said by all the people who worked with him, that his intensity and dedication to the craft is unparalleled and rare.

It was also mentioned by those who were on the set of Parnasus that Heath would, towards the end, stay on the set for hours and helped move the scenery and set, instead of going home to rest. There was a kind of hectic energy that swirled around him.

Although his dedication to his craft did not destroy him, the exhaustion that came with it, that was the result of not taking care while being sick, helped to contribute to the accidental overdose.

No matter how it happened, it was tragic. The world lost a talented actor, and a great human being.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4953 on: Mar 14, 2010, 01:27 PM »
I love hearing about the dreams that people have of him, as it keeps a little of him alive in our hearts. I like the idea of him appearing on stage and think it would have been a treat to see. I hope the dream made you feel good. :ghug:
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Ferdinand

• Jack
« Reply #4954 on: Mar 14, 2010, 05:20 PM »
Just so, Heath put all of himself in every role. I'm not saying he didn`t enjoyed in his roles and in acting generally. As he said - the role of Batmen exhausted him, and we all know how well it played him. Yes, we lost a very talented actor, a great human being.
Go to sleep, may your sweet dreams come true,
Just lay back in my arms for one more night.

Offline Ferdinand

• Jack
« Reply #4955 on: Mar 14, 2010, 05:21 PM »
I love hearing about the dreams that people have of him, as it keeps a little of him alive in our hearts. I like the idea of him appearing on stage and think it would have been a treat to see. I hope the dream made you feel good. :ghug:

:^^)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4956 on: Mar 14, 2010, 06:18 PM »
Heath got his love for performance from the school plays and stage productions in high school. In a book some where, there is reference to one of his roles, that made everyone stood up and took notice of the extraordinary characterization that he portrayed. Even then, he had an instinctive understanding of a character's soul and the charisma to connect with the audience, to make them understand, too. As I have often said and reflected, how much we lost that cold tragic day.  :(  :_(

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4957 on: Mar 14, 2010, 10:25 PM »

B, I've had a number of dreams of Ennis or Jack or Heath or Jake.  But here's a weird one I had recently:  I was hanging out with Heath, and he was totally fun...but then I discovered it wasn't actually Heath, or like an A/U version of Heath -- a total con man who wooed older women for money! 

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4958 on: Mar 15, 2010, 01:31 AM »
B, I've had a number of dreams of Ennis or Jack or Heath or Jake.  But here's a weird one I had recently:  I was hanging out with Heath, and he was totally fun...but then I discovered it wasn't actually Heath, or like an A/U version of Heath -- a total con man who wooed older women for money! 

kathy

I have yet to dream of Heath or Ennis. But it's interesting you mentioned an alternate universe because I was only the day before watching the videos for Star Trek's Mirror, Mirror episode. Although I have not yet watched the Parnasus movie, I suspect the magic mirror had something to do with the symbolism, too. And from the limited trailers I watched, of the character Heath played, specifically the sales pitch to the ladies crowded around him, about the price of dreams...what you experienced may not be too far from the truth. I envy your visit from Heath.  :^^) :c) ^f^

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4959 on: Mar 15, 2010, 10:34 PM »
I have yet to dream of Heath or Ennis. But it's interesting you mentioned an alternate universe because I was only the day before watching the videos for Star Trek's Mirror, Mirror episode. Although I have not yet watched the Parnasus movie, I suspect the magic mirror had something to do with the symbolism, too. And from the limited trailers I watched, of the character Heath played, specifically the sales pitch to the ladies crowded around him, about the price of dreams...what you experienced may not be too far from the truth. I envy your visit from Heath.  :^^) :c) ^f^

Do you know what?  I really cannot believe I didn't make the connection between Heath of my dream and Tony in Dr. Parnassus, but that's exactly who it was!!  Thank you for the reminder.  I see it all now...

(Ah, yes, I've always liked the Mirror episodes of Star Trek.)

I also really value my number of "visits" with Heath, both before and after...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline jorae

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #4960 on: Mar 20, 2010, 02:17 AM »
Two days ago, I watched BBM for the first time....I have been in a daze ever since.  I feel like I was a shadow on the wall, watching the most intimate passions that belonged to only two people...

Film is a way to tell a story...Story telling has been an art probably since the beginning of man.  This story has a very sad effect on me...

I had never seen a Heath Ledger film before... Now, I see why he is so missed.  This poem came to mind, it is from another story told in cinema - 4 Weddings and a Funeral.

Funeral Blues

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-- W H Auden

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2010, 05:33 AM by jorae »

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4961 on: Mar 20, 2010, 05:05 AM »
I saw 4 Weddings And A Funeral so I know that poem, and it is very fitting and describes very well what I felt on that horrible day in January over 2 years ago. In fact, I remember that someone posted this poem here in the days after Heath died.

Jorae, we all understand the effect that Ennis and Jack's story has on you, because it has affected us the same way. We're here because this story changed our lives. And as for Heath... he was a gifted actor and an extraordinary human being, and in BBM he touched us all deeply. We will always miss him and we will never forget him.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4962 on: Mar 20, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Two days ago, I watched BBM for the first time....I have been in a daze ever since.  I feel like I was a shadow on the wall, watching the most intimate passions that belonged to only two people...

Film is a way to tell a story...Story telling has been an art probably since the beginning of man.  This story has a very sad effect on me...

I had never scene a Heath Ledger film... Now, I see why he is so missed.  This poem came to mind, it is from another story told in cinema - 4 Weddings and a Funeral.Funeral Blues.

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-- W H Auden

Welcome to you, jorae.  I'm glad you finally saw BBM -- and you are in the right place to share those overwhelming feelings about such an overwhelmingly beautiful and poignant movie.  I have always loved this poem, too, and it does express the sadness we have felt/are feeling, over Ennis and Jack, and over Heath, too.

kathy

Offline jorae

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #4963 on: Mar 21, 2010, 05:38 AM »
Thanks Keren and Kathy...

It's 3:30am and I just can't sleep...now if I could only stop eating...

Luv...jorae

vedrana

« Reply #4964 on: Mar 21, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Thanks Keren and Kathy...

It's 3:30am and I just can't sleep...now if I could only stop eating...

Luv...jorae

Jorae  ^f^

Welcome!!!!  :ghug:

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4965 on: Mar 21, 2010, 03:21 PM »
Jorae  :ghug: Glad you have been finally able to watch the movie,so I understand perfectly you are overcoming all the feelings we know so well...And I also understand that you have chosen this beautiful poem that reflexes so well other feelings we,unluckily,also know so well: the ones about Heath's passing.People who spend one's life making the others feel happy or sad,this doesn't matter ¡; people who make other people feel alive shouldn't die until their oldest age,because we need them to make this world a little nicer,don't you think so?. :_(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4966 on: Mar 21, 2010, 03:26 PM »

A SWEET EYES ANGEL'S SMILE...THE MORE MONTHS PASSED,THE MOST ALIVE YOU ARE INSIDE US.WE'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.   :_(  :_(  :_(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline jorae

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #4967 on: Mar 22, 2010, 09:39 PM »

Why didn't God trust just one person on earth
To fix the mistake heaven forgot to catch...

Eyes like two perfect Milk Duds…
With the smile of a Golden Retriever...

(t)

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2010, 11:49 PM by jorae »

Offline rimasworld

• Ennis
  • If ya can't fix it ya gotta stand it
« Reply #4968 on: Mar 27, 2010, 11:32 PM »
I find this is the only place I can say that I dream of ( I think it's really more of his energy, spirit) I guess some might think I'm crazy since I never knew him personally but he will appear when I'm not even thinking on him. He's never really left completely.. I do believe that.

Offline miniangel

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #4969 on: Mar 28, 2010, 04:09 AM »
I dream of him. I don't think you're crazy. I'm certain he is still around.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4970 on: Mar 28, 2010, 09:20 AM »
Don't think you're crazy at all, I feel like it's totally natural to dream of him. I wish he would visit me in my dreams more often...

Offline Ferdinand

• Jack
« Reply #4971 on: Mar 28, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Trust me, sometimes I pray to help me in something ... and when I find it hard ... I hope he hears me in my prayers ...

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4972 on: Mar 29, 2010, 11:13 AM »
RW,I don't think you're crazy at all either...How could I think so if I was the first one in confessing here he talked to me in my dreams?...He was somebody who gave a change in our lives with his concrete role in BBM and a lot of good and happy times with the rest of his performances; for all this,somebody whom we felt (and feel) very close to us,even if we never knew him in person.What can be strange in thinking in him during the day and in dreaming on him by night,then?. :ghug:

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #4973 on: Mar 29, 2010, 06:05 PM »
I find this is the only place I can say that I dream of ( I think it's really more of his energy, spirit) I guess some might think I'm crazy since I never knew him personally but he will appear when I'm not even thinking on him. He's never really left completely.. I do believe that.

People are always finding what other people do as crazy.  I am stupefied by....twittering.  That someone grieves someone they never met, then, is certainly going to attract criticism, but, who cares?
  Love for someone, even in these circumstances, is nothing to apologize for.  I do think, though, that it's important to let that great love be a support, and also a gentle pushing, to love others that might have been overlooked in a person's daily life. 
  Finally, this is the Ennis/Jack forum.  Love for Heath, would not be a rarity, here.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4974 on: Mar 29, 2010, 06:48 PM »
  Love for someone ... is nothing to apologize for.  ... let that great love be a support, and also a gentle pushing, to love others that might have been overlooked in a person's daily life. 

:clap: That's something that I can imagine Heath would have said.  :c) ^f^

Offline rimasworld

• Ennis
  • If ya can't fix it ya gotta stand it
« Reply #4975 on: Apr 03, 2010, 10:35 PM »

People are always finding what other people do as crazy.  I am stupefied by....twittering.  That someone grieves someone they never met, then, is certainly going to attract criticism, but, who cares?
  Love for someone, even in these circumstances, is nothing to apologize for.  I do think, though, that it's important to let that great love be a support, and also a gentle pushing, to love others that might have been overlooked in a person's daily life. 
  Finally, this is the Ennis/Jack forum.  Love for Heath, would not be a rarity, here.
Yes Tony, I agree with you. I've lost a lot of people I've loved. My father when I was a young teen, my mother 15 years ago, a sister-in-law and a brother-in-law within the last few years. They also all died tragically. It does make you want to hold on to the ones you have with you and appreciate them all the more.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4976 on: Apr 04, 2010, 01:49 AM »
Today is Heath's birthday. It feels weird to say "Happy Birthday" because there's nothing really happy about it, when he's not here to celebrate it. He should've been 31 today...  :(

Offline EURman

• Cassie
  • Hi from Russian BBM
« Reply #4977 on: Apr 04, 2010, 01:54 AM »
Happy Birthday, Heath...

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #4978 on: Apr 04, 2010, 07:59 AM »
Then let's celebrate the day his mother brought him to our lives and every minute he did make our world a better place xx
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4979 on: Apr 04, 2010, 09:30 AM »
It still feels  so unfair, doesn't it.  No less painful than this date was last year, when Heath should have turned thirty, a milestone.   :_(

I'm with you, Froggy.  Let's do our best to rejoice in April 4th and reflect on the myriad ways he brightened and enriched the world. 

Hugs to anyone who might need them.   :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Miss you always, Heath...