Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 642771 times)

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #1050 on: Oct 01, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Joker No 2 on all-time movie characters
1st October 2008, 8:00 WST

Heath Ledger's haunting Joker has been voted as the second greatest movie character of all time behind Indiana Jones, in a new poll.

Out on Wednesday in Empire Magazine, the list of the top 100 characters sees Darth Vader, Captain Jack Sparrow and Hannibal Lecter round out the top five.

Empire Editor Rod Yates said it was no surprise that Indiana Jones, played by Harrison Ford, took the top spot, but said the late Ledger's Joker in the Dark Knight was also impressive.

More than 80 per cent who voted for the Joker chose Ledger's interpretation over Jack Nicholson's, the magazine said,

Its defining moment was: "Ledger's Joker taunting Batman in the interrogation room - You're just a freak like me".

"A fitting tribute to a much-missed actor," Yates said.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=100525
second...the joker is so better then indiana joans.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #1051 on: Oct 01, 2008, 11:29 AM »
If the ranking of best all time movies hasn't been fair to BBM,at least this other ranking is fair with Heath and his role of Joker; as someone should have been too with his role of Ennis almost three years ago. :clap:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline sportstalk23

• Alma
  • E&J 4EVER
« Reply #1052 on: Oct 01, 2008, 01:47 PM »
i got a few roles of harrison ford that i would put above indiana jones hans solo for one, but hey at least heath is up there but i really wish bbm would start getting the recognition they deserve ennis del mar and jack twist whose ever going to forget those 2

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #1053 on: Oct 01, 2008, 04:22 PM »
i got a few roles of harrison ford that i would put above indiana jones hans solo for one, but hey at least heath is up there but i really wish bbm would start getting the recognition they deserve ennis del mar and jack twist whose ever going to forget those 2
not e that for certain!  :c)

Offline Ranchand1

• Lureen
  • whut
« Reply #1054 on: Oct 01, 2008, 04:43 PM »
     Don't know where to put this.  Was just lookin through Youtube for Heath Ledger interviews and the first 5 count em 5 I tried came up with .  "This video has been removed".  Anyone else havin a problem.  Is his "people" takein it all away so they can compile it and make money from it.  Hope its just something wonky that will be fixed.  I don't even see half the interviews there to watch that were there even last month.  Heads up.
huh..

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1055 on: Oct 01, 2008, 09:53 PM »
The ones that get removed are usually taken off because of some kind of copyrite infringement. It's actually the studios, etc that request their removal. The really popular ones somehow always seem to make it back up eventually though. Fans can be persistent. 8)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Anne is unique, Anne is Magnifique
« Reply #1056 on: Oct 02, 2008, 06:59 AM »
Here is someone I think we should keep an eye out for.Seems that Heath's cousin Luke is getting into acting.  I only hope he can get into it without all the hype that is making him think twice. 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,24433370-5013560,00.html
...Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Offline ynnaf

• Lureen
« Reply #1057 on: Oct 02, 2008, 08:38 PM »
This is what Simon Pegg has to say about Heath:

British funnyman SIMON PEGG was left stunned and "humbled" after meeting HEATH LEDGER, when the late star revealed he was a fan.
Pegg and his wife were mingling at the BAFTA Awards in Britain, when Ledger was nominated for Brokeback Mountain - and he was thrilled when the American made his way over to him to say hello.
The Hot Fuzz star recalls, "My wife loved Brokeback Mountain and said, 'Please introduce me to Heath Ledger,' and I'm like, 'I'm not gonna bother him. He gets bothered enough.' I was gonna have to go, 'Hello Heath, this is my wife,' which I was nervous about doing.
"That evening I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around and it was Heath Ledger and his wife (girlfriend Michelle Williams). He said, 'I really liked Shaun of The Dead,' and I felt so humbled by that because he's such a massive star and he actually bothered to do that.
"It left me with such a good impression of him, which made his death even more awful after having that moment with him and meeting such a gracious person."
Pegg only wishes that every big star was like Ledger: "There's a lot of ego in this business and some people sometimes don't want you to know that you like them. I'm not like that. I do go up to people and tell them they're great. It's a relief sometimes when you go up to somebody to say hello and they know who you are; it just takes the edge off it."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/pegg%20humbled%20by%20ledger%20meeting_1082149

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
« Reply #1058 on: Oct 04, 2008, 04:40 PM »
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1059 on: Oct 07, 2008, 01:14 PM »
This is what Simon Pegg has to say about Heath:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/pegg%20humbled%20by%20ledger%20meeting_1082149

Thank you ynnaf... I don't know who Simon Pegg is, but I sure loved to read what he said.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1060 on: Oct 16, 2008, 12:25 PM »
This photo of Michael Stipe was taken as a part of an interview/photoshoot a couple of days after Heath died. This is what Michael wrote later on the back of the polaroid:

'This week has been unfathomably sad and I worked hard today to rally and that's it'.

The interviewer added that only after the meeting he found out that Michael and Heath were friends.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/03/08/sm_rem08.xml&page=3

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1061 on: Oct 16, 2008, 04:28 PM »
imdb.com

A long time passed since 10 Things I Hate About You hit the big screen. Julia Stiles got Bourne, Joseph Gordon-Levitt has become a powerhouse on the indie scene, and Heath Ledger ... we know what became of him. I'm guessing that his death and reminiscing moments about his work is what inspired this next piece of news: Ace Showbiz reports that ABC Family is going to make the Shakespeare-inspired film into a television series, with the film's director, Gil Junger, signed on to helm the pilot. In it, Kate and Bianca Stratford will face "their new high school environment." I don't know if that means freshman hitting the big leagues, or the girls moving to a new zip code, but I can only hope that they come up with a new love interest for Kate. There's only one Patrick Verona.

Offline Candy

• Ennis

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #1063 on: Oct 17, 2008, 01:55 PM »
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/aug/04/entertainment/et-ledger4  of...
Great article!!! Thanx Candy  :clap:

" Heath Ledger’s short legacy as a screen actor offers us enough evidence of the rarity of his talent. “Brokeback Mountain” may be the film that exposed to a wider audience the intensity of his dramatic commitment – Ledger didn’t simply impersonate a closeted cowboy, he showed us the shame and silence that had taken residence in Ennis Del Mar’s sinews. But it’s his turn as a terrorist clown in a menacing comic-book caper – the last role he fully completed before his accidental overdose in January at age 28 – that will seal his place among movie immortals.
Ledger’s portrayal of the Joker in “The Dark Knight” is all that it’s cracked up to be – a stunning, frightening, pathological marvel that’s deserving of the somber Oscar talk not normally associated with a superhero blockbuster........
Unnaturally natural
Let’s take this opportunity to first banish the inane assumption that craft is secondary to inspiration. The two work in tandem, as is obvious from the way Ledger manages to be so chillingly expressive with his face smeared in pancake makeup and lipstick and his hair transformed into a greasy green-tipped tangle. How does Ledger so uniquely personalize this flamboyant arch-villain who’s already been colorfully incarnated by Cesar Romero in the 1960s “Batman” TV series and Jack Nicholson in Tim Burton’s 1989 film? With his patented good looks concealed, Ledger’s forced to be more cunning with his physical resources, and you sense his delight in this freedom from Hollywood vanity........ it’s through Ledger’s eyes that we can peer into the actor’s bottomless conviction and track the scurrying-rodent logic of his character’s inexplicable evil. Maniacs who fly planes into buildings don’t second-guess their distorted reality, and Ledger ambles around Joker’s fun-house mind with an unshockable comfort. The film tosses off cryptic remarks about the Joker’s brutal upbringing, but it’s Ledger’s antic disposition that lets us understand the traumatic past as a slippery myth that can never adequately explain malignant behavior.
The best actors are distinguished by their preternatural capacity to appear natural. They enter dreams and nightmares the way you and I enter our kitchens. An artist’s vision is lived, emotionally and physically, so that while a lesser performer will signboard motives and big moments, a subtler talent will experience the not always predictable flux of his character’s emotions as the larger dramatic pattern unfolds as though on its own.
That kind of performance requires more than instinct – it needs an interpretive intelligence to guide it discreetly along. No surprise, then, that the most unforgettable performers are usually the smartest ones – which is to say the deepest, philosophically and psychologically, as well as the most tactful, aesthetically and dramatically.
"
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2008, 02:08 PM by hpv »
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #1064 on: Oct 17, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Great article!!! Thanx Candy  :clap:

" Heath Ledger’s short legacy as a screen actor offers us enough evidence of the rarity of his talent. “Brokeback Mountain” may be the film that exposed to a wider audience the intensity of his dramatic commitment – Ledger didn’t simply impersonate a closeted cowboy, he showed us the shame and silence that had taken residence in Ennis Del Mar’s sinews. But it’s his turn as a terrorist clown in a menacing comic-book caper – the last role he fully completed before his accidental overdose in January at age 28 – that will seal his place among movie immortals.
Ledger’s portrayal of the Joker in “The Dark Knight” is all that it’s cracked up to be – a stunning, frightening, pathological marvel that’s deserving of the somber Oscar talk not normally associated with a superhero blockbuster........
Unnaturally natural
Let’s take this opportunity to first banish the inane assumption that craft is secondary to inspiration. The two work in tandem, as is obvious from the way Ledger manages to be so chillingly expressive with his face smeared in pancake makeup and lipstick and his hair transformed into a greasy green-tipped tangle. How does Ledger so uniquely personalize this flamboyant arch-villain who’s already been colorfully incarnated by Cesar Romero in the 1960s “Batman” TV series and Jack Nicholson in Tim Burton’s 1989 film? With his patented good looks concealed, Ledger’s forced to be more cunning with his physical resources, and you sense his delight in this freedom from Hollywood vanity........ it’s through Ledger’s eyes that we can peer into the actor’s bottomless conviction and track the scurrying-rodent logic of his character’s inexplicable evil. Maniacs who fly planes into buildings don’t second-guess their distorted reality, and Ledger ambles around Joker’s fun-house mind with an unshockable comfort. The film tosses off cryptic remarks about the Joker’s brutal upbringing, but it’s Ledger’s antic disposition that lets us understand the traumatic past as a slippery myth that can never adequately explain malignant behavior.
The best actors are distinguished by their preternatural capacity to appear natural. They enter dreams and nightmares the way you and I enter our kitchens. An artist’s vision is lived, emotionally and physically, so that while a lesser performer will signboard motives and big moments, a subtler talent will experience the not always predictable flux of his character’s emotions as the larger dramatic pattern unfolds as though on its own.
That kind of performance requires more than instinct – it needs an interpretive intelligence to guide it discreetly along. No surprise, then, that the most unforgettable performers are usually the smartest ones – which is to say the deepest, philosophically and psychologically, as well as the most tactful, aesthetically and dramatically.
"

Manythanks dear Henia for your post, it's a very interresting article

Below is a link to antother article...Very bad  :(

* Link edited by mod * - Sorry, but it contained a pap shot with Matilda.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2008, 04:59 PM by keren_b »
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #1065 on: Oct 17, 2008, 02:25 PM »
 ~) it's in french !

This one also but perhaps you can read it in english  :s)  Several pics  O0

http://www.melty.fr/le-trailer-du-dernier-film-d-heath-ledge-actu9700.html
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline ynnaf

• Lureen
« Reply #1066 on: Oct 24, 2008, 10:25 AM »
***edited by moderator, please avoid to post links to articles that are not proven facts but assumptions, due to respect to Heath's memory, thank you***

« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2008, 09:23 AM by chameau »

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1067 on: Oct 29, 2008, 01:13 PM »
I am not sure if this is the right place to post it.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/personal-finance/article/forbes/883/top-earning-dead-celebrities

It mentions Heath being number three on the list with his contract for Dark Knight that includes a percentage of the box office and merchandising sales.
Debuting on the list in third place is Australian actor Heath Ledger, most famous for his role as the Joker in 'The Dark Knight', the latest instalment of the 'Batman' movie franchise. At the time of his tragic overdose in January, the 28-year star seemed poised on the cusp of a lucrative film career.

Ledger had reportedly secured a deal for his role in 'The Dark Knight' that included merchandising (think Joker action figures) and a percentage of film revenues. With 'The Dark Knight' grossing US$991 million in box office revenue worldwide, we estimate his earnings at US$20 million.

The other notables on the list:
Paul Newman
Albert Einstein
Elvis Presley
Marilyn Monroe
James Dean
Charles Schultz (Peanuts and Charlie Brown)
Marvin Gaye

Happy Halloween everyone.  :c)
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2008, 01:22 PM by lancecowboy »
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1068 on: Oct 30, 2008, 09:41 AM »
WA Govt reconsiders Ledger Theatre

Western Australia's Premier Colin Barnett has confirmed the Government is
considering scrapping plans to name a new theatre in Northbridge after the late
Perth-born actor Heath Ledger.

Ledger died in a New York apartment in January aged 28.

In July, then premier Alan Carpenter stood beside the late actor's father, Kim,
and announced the performing arts venue would be called the Heath Ledger
Theatre. Mr Ledger said he was honoured and intensely proud.

But Mr Barnett says the local arts community is divided over the decision.

He says the Government is now considering alternatives.

"He was a young actor who had some great successes, and I have no doubt was
headed for an outstanding career," Mr Barnett said. "But he lost his life at a very
young age, so we never saw the true achievement that Heath Ledger may have
made."

The Opposition's Ben Wyatt says Mr Carpenter has been in touch with Ledger's
father today, who is distressed by the Government's decision.

Mr Wyatt says Mr Barnett should have told the Ledger family that theatre's
name was up for review.

"It would be in the interests of Colin, if he could actually call the family and
perhaps have a better understanding of their sensitivities and the distress that
they're under before he starts going on radio and raising this matter in a public
way," Mr Wyatt said.

"It genuinely distresses me that he [Mr Barnett] could have such callous
disregard for the Ledger family, who've got through an enormous amount of
distress over the loss of Heath," he added.

Mr Barnett says Ledger's memory will be commemorated at the theatre in
someway, it just won't necessarily be named after him.

Mr Wyatt says name should be left to stand.

The theatre is still under construction

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1069 on: Oct 30, 2008, 09:43 AM »
The Dark Knight' Brings Heath Ledger 2008 AFI Awards' Nomination

Through the announcement of L'Oreal Paris 2008 AFI Awards' nominees,
it is unveiled that Heath Ledger, Eric Bana and Nicole Kidman are among
those nominated for the international AFI award.

Heath Ledger's thrilling performance as Batman's psychotic villain, Joker, in 'The
Dark Knight' has brought him recognition from Australian Film Institute. On
Wednesday, October 29 as the Australian Film Institute announced the
nominees for L'Oreal Paris 2008 AFI Awards in Sydney, it was revealed that
the late actor has been listed among the nominees for the international AFI
award.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1070 on: Oct 30, 2008, 10:53 AM »
WA Govt reconsiders Ledger Theatre

"He was a young actor who had some great successes, and I have no doubt was
headed for an outstanding career," Mr Barnett said. "But he lost his life at a very
young age, so we never saw the true achievement that Heath Ledger may have
made
."

Excuse me?? Has this man even seen Heath's movies? Both Ennis Del Mar and the Joker are two groundbreaking performances that will be remembered for ages and this man says that we still haven't seen Heath's true achievement?? Even if he could've done more, he already made history.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1071 on: Oct 30, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Excuse me?? Has this man even seen Heath's movies? Both Ennis Del Mar and the Joker are two groundbreaking performances that will be remembered for ages and this man says that we still haven't seen Heath's true achievement?? Even if he could've done more, he already made history.

Of course,Heath has already made history only with these two roles.But I guess that what this man meant is that,by dying so young still,he hadn't could develop all his potential as an actor.Simply,it's not the same being 40 years-old-can you imagine how many great stuff could he have done at that age?...-than only 28.I don't think he had spoken with bad intention or,even,ignorance,but it's only a way of speaking.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1072 on: Oct 30, 2008, 01:35 PM »
He used that as an excuse why the theatre shouldn't be named after Heath, like his achievments so far don't justify it yet. At least that's how I took his words, and I don't agree with him.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1073 on: Oct 30, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Sound like this Barnett guy is an idiot. He didn't talk with the Ledger family ahead of time, the least of courtesy. And from the look of things, it's probably political or economical motivated. They either have their own guy they want to name it after, or most likely some sponsor who would like to have it named after their brand. Unfortunately, the way this Barnett fellow handled the switch, no sponsor in their right mind would want their name associated with such a disrespectful gesture. I doubt he will get re-elected premier the next election.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline ynnaf

• Lureen
« Reply #1074 on: Oct 31, 2008, 04:15 AM »
Two of Heath Ledger's close friends have revealed how the late Australian actor yearned for friendships with ordinary people as his celebrity status soared.

Jud Mongell, Ledger's business partner in the New York eatery Five Leaves, and tattoo artist Scott Campbell became firm friends with the actor after Ledger's Oscar-nominated performance in Brokeback Mountain.

Campbell had done seven tattoos for Ledger.

"We would all hang out in the West Village, and he was just like the guy with a cigarette," Campbell told the New York Times.

"He loved when anyone would react to him as a normal person. He really appreciated that."

Ledger would give out his cigarettes and strike up a conversation with just about anyone, he said.

But the minute anyone said, 'You're Heath Ledger', the conversation would become stilted, Campbell said.

Ledger, 28, died on January 22 from an accidental overdose of a cocktail of medications. He was found dead in his Soho apartment by a masseuse.

The actor had just completed his last film, The Dark Knight.

In 2005 Ledger and Mongell met at a beach party in Australia and as their friendship developed, they planned an Australia-meets-America cafe bar.

The nautical-themed eaterie, specialising in oysters, opened on September 17, in the Williamsburg district of Brooklyn where Ledger had spent some time.

The area is known for its arts community and ethnic flavours.

"After a while, Heath had all his regular spots around here, and no one would call Page Six (the gossip page of the tabloid New York Post) anymore when he walked in the door, because nobody cared," Campbell told the paper.

"This (the cafe bar) would have been Heath's hangout," Mongell told the Times.

Mongell runs Five Leaves with his wife.

He still refers to Ledger as an equal partner in the business and says Ledger's father, Kim, manages the business finances.

Mongell said the actor took New York to his heart.

"He taught his daughter how to skateboard. He rode his bike over the Williamsburg Bridge. He visited farmers markets. He played chess in Washington Square Park and he brought coffee for the paparazzi," he told the newspaper.

"He was just one of us, man."

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=526796

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1075 on: Oct 31, 2008, 07:35 AM »
This proves for me that Heath was,above all,a very simple and friendly person,whom the fame and fortune didn't make change.He was not in an altar surrounded by ambition and pedantry; but he loved to "come down" from it to treat the ordinary people and be one more of them.Great man,Heath; I'd have liked to know him¡... :\'(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1076 on: Oct 31, 2008, 10:03 AM »
These are my sentiments too, Alicia... it's part of why I love him so much. He didn't have any vanity at all.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1077 on: Oct 31, 2008, 11:51 AM »
These are my sentiments too, Alicia... it's part of why I love him so much. He didn't have any vanity at all.

Keren, :ghug: Yes,he was a very talented person,with so many interests and skills in his life and,however,he felt better far away from fame's vanities.He must be missed both as an artist and as a man... :\'(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1078 on: Nov 02, 2008, 10:18 AM »
This is a great article about Heath and his friends, and I just love all the things they say about him.

Mr. Campbell said that Mr. Ledger loved having friends around. Mr. Campbell raided the actor’s closet and slept on his couch. There were always people coming and going at Mr. Ledger’s place, drinking tea, using the computer and gathering around for dinner. Mr. Ledger was always manning the barbecue grill or making espresso. “If he could cook at his house with an ocean of people laying on the living room floor watching movies, that was his heaven,” Mr. Campbell said. “That and his daughter, Matilda -– she was everything to him.”

The full article is here:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/a-new-restaurant-in-heath-ledgers-memory/?hp

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #1079 on: Nov 02, 2008, 11:44 AM »
This is a great article about Heath and his friends, and I just love all the things they say about him.

Mr. Campbell said that Mr. Ledger loved having friends around. Mr. Campbell raided the actor’s closet and slept on his couch. There were always people coming and going at Mr. Ledger’s place, drinking tea, using the computer and gathering around for dinner. Mr. Ledger was always manning the barbecue grill or making espresso. “If he could cook at his house with an ocean of people laying on the living room floor watching movies, that was his heaven,” Mr. Campbell said. “That and his daughter, Matilda -– she was everything to him.”

The full article is here:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/a-new-restaurant-in-heath-ledgers-memory/?hp
  why everybody tell so many wonderful things about him?i mean he was perfect he was so cute...of