Author Topic: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!  (Read 135128 times)

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
Re: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 08:03 AM »
Will certainly do, Theresa.  Thanks very much.   :ghug:

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009, 01:08 PM »
OK, this is important.

Some idiot hacked the official teaser trailer for Dr. Parnassus on YouTube and replaced it with some stupid song. >:( >:( >:( It's practically the only thing we had until the movie comes out. Now if people are interested in this movie and want to know more about it and search for the trailer on youtube, all they see is this:

This is just wrong on so many levels. Theresa let us know about it and we're trying to get youtube to take this video off, since that jerk just ruined it for everybody. If you have a youtube account, please take a minute of your time and flag this video. choose the "flag" option under the video, and for the reason select spam --> fraud. You're also welcome to let that idiot know what you think about him. Grrrrrr, this is so annoying!!!!!!
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009, 02:40 PM »
what a f*ckin' idiot!  I flagged the video and posted a piece of my mind.  >:(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:36 PM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2009, 11:32 PM »
Ditto!  >:(
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2009, 03:52 AM »
done.  >:(
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

babytammy7

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 10:26 AM »
WTF?  ^*) ^*) ^*)

Done!!  >:(

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 11:54 AM »
Done¡ I can't really understand-neither I'll never be able to...-why some people like so much wasting their time by disturbing other persons... >:( ^^)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 04:14 PM »
OMG! I didn't know that you guys were helping with our campaign to stop the "rickroll".  I've got tears in my eyes.  You are just amazing.  I sent a fax to YouTube yesterday on behalf of the Support Site and fans of Heath, Johnny and the rest of the cast requesting removal of the video on the grounds of fraud and misrepresentation.  Because of our campaign, on Monday, the Hollywood Reporter picked up on the Rickroll and brought the rickroll to light in the Hollywood Reporter.  I do know that they are now aware that we are protesting it.  We are hoping they will now follow our campaign. Please guys, keep the pressure on!!!!  Thank you so very much.

And I have some good news for you.  Parnassus screened in LA last night pre-Cannes premier for distributors. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:24 PM by theresa »
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 05:17 AM »
I'm surprised youtube hasn't taken the damn thing down by now, it's just spam and enough people have flagged it by now! what the hell is their agenda?

And I have some good news for you.  Parnassus screened in LA last night pre-Cannes premier for distributors. 

That's great! I hope to read more reviews now  O0

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2009, 11:12 AM »

That's very good¡  :clap: :clap: :clap: Let's hope that everything is going OK ¡.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 10:49 AM »
As a part of helping to promote this movie and fight bad publicity, we on the support forum are posting comments to certain articles that's been posted on the net. Articles about the movie being "weird" or having troubles to find distributors can cause damage and affect readers opinions in a bad way! so it's up to us to cause excitement and enthusiasm about the project and to show everybody out there that WE WANT TO SEE IT AND WE CAN'T WAIT!!! It's wonderful to read all the great comments from our fellow fans... and it works too! One negative article has already been removed from the net after we posted a lot of comments objecting it's content and the way it was written. So, here's a few articles that you can comment on, every post helps! and just reading the comments fills me with so much pride. O0

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/a-taste-of-heat.html?cid=153466403#comment-153466403

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2009/05/cannes-2009-as-goes-terry-gilliam-so-goes-the-festival.html

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,,25499058-5006343,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25497616-5006013,00.html

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2009, 11:15 AM »
SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!! LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!! &**) &**) &**) &**) &**)

We got a comment from Terry Gilliam himself about the Dr. Parnassus support forum!

Here it is:

Dear Theresa,

You are doing a wonderful job. A great and thoroughly thorough web site. Please keep it up.
Soon the film will be out there in the world of paying people. But not too soon. They need to be kept on the boil.

I think I can guarantee that the finished film is worthy of your efforts. You won't be embarrassed.
It's nice to know somebody cares sight unseen.

Terry Gilliam

http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=549

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Check this out! Jodelle from the Parnassus support forum created this great animated gif and avatar. You can use them to promote the movie when posting on other forums. Cool huh?

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2009, 01:43 PM »
Please click on the Support forum homepage as often as you can... we need as many hits as possible! This is where you can read all the news about the movie, everything you want to know is HERE!!!

http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Please take the time to read this post, this is important.

I'm going to post this message on a couple of more threads and I hope the other moderators bear with me. I want as many people as possible here to read this message.

I have some news about how Dr Parnassus is doing, and I'm afraid it's not good. The bottom line is this: THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS LEFT CANNES WITHOUT A US/CANADIAN/SOUTH-AMERICAN DISTRIBUTOR. We also don't have a release date for many other countries in Europe and Asia. The meaning is that if things don't change and quickly, many of you who live in America, and in other places will not get to see Heath's last movie on the big screen. The outlook is that we will only see it in sparse arthouse theaters. Reviews were all over the place, many good, many mediocre and many bad, but almost every last one of them pushed the arthouse thing. That is not good distribution. That will limit this film's future terribly.

Many people delude themselves that just because this is Heath's last movie or it has Johnny Depp in it or Colin Farrell, that it is guaranteed a distributor and that distribution will be wide. This is not the case. The movie needs our help. Heath worked himself to exhaustion to make this film happen. When he died, Terry and his cast and crew went beyond theirselves to make this film happen, because Heath wanted it, and because they wanted to give us all a chance to see Heath's last performance. Now it's OUR turn to do something.

WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT??

The answer is: THE DR PARNASSUS SUPPORT FORUM. This forum is on a mission to show "the powers that be" that there is a great interest in this movie and that it has a great audience and many people who are eager to see it. Now, before you shrug and say "what kind of a difference can this one little forum make", let me assure you: the people who need to see this site are seeing it. Now it is up to us to control what kind of activity they see because we are a barometer for them. And we've had quite a few achievments so far as well - we've been commenting like crazy on several articles that wrote about the film in a negative light, and we actually turned around the outcome of several articles that were designed to give it bad press.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

We have to remember that the majority of the world doesn't know about this movie. But they know the stars and they know Terry so we need this site to show up when people google any of the stars, Terry, the movie by name or to show up with daily entertainment news. The way to do that is that you have to keep it at the top of the search engines. That comes from clicks on the home page. The home page is the entire focus of the site.

THIS IS THE LINK TO THE HOME PAGE: http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/

What I'm asking you to do is very simple: BOOKMARK THIS PAGE AND CLICK ON IT AT LEAST ONCE A DAY. I know that many of you are busy, or maybe you're active members of ennisjack and you just don't feel like being active on another site. That's understandable. But these clicks are just seconds of your time, and they help us, they help the support forum. We need these clicks. We need to keep the level of activity on this site as high as possible, because people are watching it. If you are interested in the film go ahead and browse through the home page, you will find many wonderful clips, interviews and reviews there. it's the best place to go for everything you want to know about the movie.

If you are interested and able to help even more, the second most important thing is current important news and participation (conversation) on the main movie forum. Lots of it. Every post helps.

This is the link to the movie discussion forum: http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/forum/index.php

This is our last chance to do something for heath, after everything he's given us. This is our last chance to give something back and we won't have any more chances. Please help support this forum and this movie if you want to see it on the big screen, please do it for yourselves and for Heath. Participate in the support forum as much as you can, and if you don't have the time just click on the main page link, at least once a day.

Every click helps.

Thank you for reading.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Just wanted to let you know that our campaign to remove the fraudulent YouTube video Of Dr. P trailer has been successful - the video was removed by the user!!  O0 O0 O0

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Yay!  x***x
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 03:42 AM »
good!  >:(

and of course, add me to the clickers....  O0
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009, 10:35 AM »
Yes, keep the clicks going!!  &**)

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2009, 02:12 PM »
Click,click,click...  ^f^
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 02:15 PM »
can't open....it says:
"Can't open file: 'phpbb_sessions.MYI' (errno: 145) [1016]"

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2009, 03:09 PM »
can't open....it says:
"Can't open file: 'phpbb_sessions.MYI' (errno: 145) [1016]"

Yes, there was an error message when I tried to open it earlier too, but it's ok now.

babytammy7

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2009, 03:51 PM »
  Its from all the crazy clickers flooding the website!  Keep it up!     :cr)

YAY!!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Clickety click!!!!

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2009, 03:53 PM »
YAY!!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Clickety click!!!!
YEAH,  Click,click....

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2009, 07:13 PM »
click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click,click, click, click, click, click, click,click, click, click, click, click, click,click, click, click, click, click, click,click, click, click, click, click, click  x***x
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 12:16 PM »
I'm forwarding this message from Theresa:

Please take a moment to leave your comments to this article that has appeared on Awards Daily.  A lot of people read this great site and this is a wonderful opportunity for you to help raise awareness of the film!

Thank you

http://www.awardsdaily.com/?p=9686&cpage=1#comment-61852

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Thank you! :^^)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 07:56 PM »
click :)
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis

babytammy7

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2009, 02:56 PM »
Oh no..... :\'( :\'(

Clicking, clicking, clicking till my hand hurts. Clicking, clicking, clicking.....