Support & Services > Forum Guidelines, Tips, FAQs & Updates

Seeking your feedback - forum performance & update

(1/32) > >>

ethan:
The forum would like to upgrade to a later version of software. The purpose of upgrade is to better service your forum activities and reduce potential security risk.

Before any progress can be made, the forum is seeking your feedback on the features and functions which the forum current provides.

Based on your experiences, is there anything that you wish the forum could provide or should improve?

Your inputs are very important to us and it is our goal to accommodate your suggestions as much as possible. The forum will announce any changes or upgrade when it is ready.

Thank you very much for your help and your continuous support to ennisjack!!  :^^)

If you have any difficulty or encounter any technical problem with the forum, please post it in the following thread.

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=8710.0

NoReins:
I think the forum is pretty perfect as it is, Ethan. I can't think of anything that's missing (except maybe a wee Scottish flag that I could have under my name instead of a Union Jack!!!)

Keep up the good work O0

chameau:
Talking about flags, it seems almost certain now that the latest version we would update to won't have the flags anymore.

ethan:

--- Quote from: NoReins on Jul 27, 2009, 04:14 AM ---I think the forum is pretty perfect as it is, Ethan. I can't think of anything that's missing (except maybe a wee Scottish flag that I could have under my name instead of a Union Jack!!!)

Keep up the good work O0

--- End quote ---

NoReins, thanks so much for your feedback.

--- Quote from: chameau on Jul 27, 2009, 05:33 PM ---Talking about flags, it seems almost certain now that the latest version we would update to won't have the flags anymore.

--- End quote ---

Yes it is quite possible and please let me explain a bit more.

The flags feature as well as the member map are add-on developed by others than those developing SMF (the forum software we are using). It hasn't been officially updated to be compatible with the later version of SMF (1.1.10 is the version we will be upgrading to).

Before we do any upgrading, the forum will do a few test runs to ensure that everything is intact and working perfectly. We will also try to minimize any changes but enhance forum functionality. That is why we need your feedback how we can better enhance the functionality.

During the test runs, I will try to install the flag feature and see if there will be any errors.

Kemmer:
I'm satified with the current set-up.  Can't think of anything I could want extra, except of course more frequent updates to the Can't Stand It vignettes, and new canon-type stories with Ennis and Jack.   But of course I'm not a techie and have no idea of what new is available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version